PDA

View Full Version : 960 Sonic Spell Power, 51% chance to critical

jellyfish21
08-07-2016, 02:51 AM
I have played ddo consistently for 10 years, vip.

I have a triple heroic, triple iconic and 15 epic TRs.

My sonic spell power, at level 30, was 960.
My sonic crit. chance was 51%.

My average damage was 1500 for greater shout.
I went through the entire storm horns quest series, and critically hit less than 10 times.

It took me 4 - 6 greater shouts to defeat one enemy.

Tlorrd
08-07-2016, 02:32 PM
I have played ddo consistently for 10 years, vip.

I have a triple heroic, triple iconic and 15 epic TRs.

My sonic spell power, at level 30, was 960.
My sonic crit. chance was 51%.

My average damage was 1500 for greater shout.
I went through the entire storm horns quest series, and critically hit less than 10 times.

It took me 4 - 6 greater shouts to defeat one enemy.

Switch to warlock ... its an easier easy button than what you are looking for.

Enoach
08-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Impressive spell power, but what is your Evocation DC? This is a Fortitude save for 1/2 and stun is negated on save. The Stun effect is where you would get the boost to your hits.

Additionally, I think most Mobs also have between 5K and 10K HP for the Trash. So 4 to 5 casts seems about right. But you might want to look at other abilities such as Will Save ones to help you out with your primary attack.

Just a note, Greater Shout is AoE, why does your statement "It took me 4 - 6 shouts to defeat one enemy." make me think you are taking them on one at a time? You should be grouping them so 4 to 5 Shouts should be taking out 4 to 5 mobs at a time.

Tilomere
08-09-2016, 04:48 AM
Nice try making a sorc that bypasses mob and champion elemental resists.

But the Air Savant sonic part is all screwed up, known to be screwed up, and was never fixed. Presumably because it would allow you to bypass champions, and champions could not be modified to defend against sonic or it would impact weaker bard casting too much.