PDA

View Full Version : Reinvigorating level 20 Old Endgame: New Legendary Crafting with S/S/S & Raid Tokens

Saekee
08-01-2016, 12:50 PM
the basics:

Combine scroll, shard and seal item (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Crafting) (like Epic Midnight Greetings) with 25 Greater Tokens (http://ddowiki.com/page/Token_of_the_Twelve) of the Twelve (Epic Raid Tokens) to make a Legendary Version (e.g Legendary Midnight Greetings, ML 28)

The weapon/gear/item should be on par with tier 2 LGS, or slightly better. I am not proposing right now the specifics of various gear/weapons etc.

This might do the following:

Give an 'endgame' reason to run/grind all the older level 20 quests that are part of the outdated 'epic crafting.'
Give an 'endgame' reason to run all older raids, such as the Chronoscope and ADQ
Give something 'endgame' productive to do while level 20-26ish
Take advantage of many unusual and fun items/gear that are currently existing for specific builds

I further suggest that this be done to the FoT items as well and add more locations in old raids for Raid Tokens to drop (such as Vision of Destruction). Eventually, ToD items and Alchemical crafting could have a similar upgrade path.

Why not just buff the old items so they are on par, or better, with current same-level (level 20) gear?

they are not worth grinding out for their brief value in lower epics (save a few exceptions)
they would not be 'endgame' and hence a wasted grind and dalliance on the way there

Why not just make Legendary versions of those old quests and raids, like HoX was made legendary?

That can still be done. This does not negate such a move. I do not like rehashed stuff, personally.
Dev time would be spent just designing the upgraded items in my proposal. This should not be too hard.

Thoughts?

Possible example:
Legendary Midnight greetings: +13 weapon, 5d6 base, Improved deception, Legendary paralyzing, Insightful assassinate +8, Legendary disintegration, Legendary Clever Strike, Red augment slot, Orange augment slot

Kwyjibo
08-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Let it go, old stuff is well, old stuff.

I'll pass on this idea.

Gljosh
08-01-2016, 01:52 PM
I would love to see them make a trade vendor where you can trades (3 to 1 with the added cost of Greater or Regular Tokens of the Twelve) Scrolls, Seals, and Shards to get the ones you want.

There is ALOT of the older game that could use a shot in the arm.

Saekee
08-01-2016, 02:14 PM
I would love to see them make a trade vendor where you can trades (3 to 1 with the added cost of Greater or Regular Tokens of the Twelve) Scrolls, Seals, and Shards to get the ones you want.

There is ALOT of the older game that could use a shot in the arm.

that might make it easier to get an s s s item but they are outdated (mostly). My proposal will reward one's endgame by making the grind & raids relevant

Stoner81
08-01-2016, 02:58 PM
They can start by VASTLY INCREASING the drop rates on shards, seals and scrolls along with the base items in certain areas (Demon Sands!) which would help along with also allowing you to convert scrolls/shards/seals from a single pack in to one that you want from the said pack say on a 3:1 basis or something.

I totally missed the time when these items were highly sought after and would love to be able to be a part of that.

Stoner81.

Gljosh
08-01-2016, 04:36 PM
that might make it easier to get an s s s item but they are outdated (mostly). My proposal will reward one's endgame by making the grind & raids relevant

Agreed, I can remember a time when the S/S/S items were pretty much the only items with Augment Slots and +(W). Actually if they used a proposal likes yours and blended it with a Commendation Of Heroes approach (but used Tokens as the Coms) that would be near PERFECT, add a +1, +(W) or Suitable ability enhancement, and add a slot for the 3rd tier.

Robbenklopper
08-02-2016, 04:52 AM
Suggested making epic stuff legendary twice before and was never picked up by community. If you can promote it, i´ll be in ;)

Saekee
08-02-2016, 06:54 AM
Agreed, I can remember a time when the S/S/S items were pretty much the only items with Augment Slots and +(W). Actually if they used a proposal likes yours and blended it with a Commendation Of Heroes approach (but used Tokens as the Coms) that would be near PERFECT, add a +1, +(W) or Suitable ability enhancement, and add a slot for the 3rd tier.

Yes, I would make them 5W, thanks Gljosh.
I am not suggesting tiers--just one upgrade--epic to legendary

Saekee
08-02-2016, 06:55 AM
Suggested making epic stuff legendary twice before and was never picked up by community. If you can promote it, i´ll be in ;)
I hadn't seen it but great minds think alike!

Saekee
08-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Let it go, old stuff is well, old stuff.

I'll pass on this idea.

I agree on letting old stuff go but that means old content goes. The only motivation becomes fun factor/variety (which is my primary motivation).

This proposal does not change the old stuff, which has often been suggested here. I want to subsume the old stuff into a newer legendary form which will give more reasons to run these older, wonderfully designed quests.

So instead of running Spies/Wiz king until you get to endgame, you may feel it productive to grind, say, the pharlian epic chain for legendary ingredients (s/s/s) for an upgrade from there--maybe your build would like a Legendary Utility Vest & a Legendary Mask of Tragedy.

Saekee
08-02-2016, 07:06 AM
They can start by VASTLY INCREASING the drop rates on shards, seals and scrolls along with the base items in certain areas (Demon Sands!) which would help along with also allowing you to convert scrolls/shards/seals from a single pack in to one that you want from the said pack say on a 3:1 basis or something.

I totally missed the time when these items were highly sought after and would love to be able to be a part of that.

Stoner81.

hey Stoner81, I would not increase the drop rate for my proposal. The rarity is part of the fun. I would love to be the only guy on the server with, say, a Legendary Sting.

If they do not adopt this idea then yes, increase drop rates. But there would be little use in doing so since the items have mostly fallen behind even lootgen.

Stoner81
08-02-2016, 07:19 AM
The rarity is part of the fun.

For you it might be but for a lot of folks it isn't :p also I think that the raid tokens should drop from all raids.

Stoner81.

AnEvenNewerNoob
08-02-2016, 08:48 AM
As long as we get a s/s/s trade in (like sands scrolls) or just finally effing make shards and seals unbound, I'M IN!

Saekee
08-02-2016, 11:20 AM
For you it might be but for a lot of folks it isn't :p also I think that the raid tokens should drop from all raids.

Stoner81.
perhaps just make sure they drop in all level 20-24 raids? That would include CiTW. The worst grind of the game is just doing epic xp quests heavily from 20-26 since there is almost nothing of endgame value in quests in that range. I am suggesting here a way to change that.

As long as we get a s/s/s trade in (like sands scrolls) or just finally effing make shards and seals unbound, I'M IN!

well, the initial idea of making them hard to get (no trade in and some shards (?) appearing in 20th reward list) is to make them more sought after as an endgame goal grind. You group with guildies to pass seals & shards (or box.)

Right now, the s s s system is mostly defunct because the completed items are mostly not worth the grind. If an Legendary one were ground out with the raid tokens, and was a worthy 2nd tier endgame item, I think the grind would be fun. Especially because you would really only focus on these quests and raids when in the lower epics levels. My proposal gives you something endgame to do while doing lower epic quests.

Once a player's character is closer to cap, they will be doing the newer content, ToEE, LGS etc. Currently, levels 20-25 are either 1) part of a ER grind, so Spies/Wiz king etc or 2) just a layaway until staying at cap. My proposal gives people a reason to run more than the XP hamster quests which are, to me, the worst grind of the game.

Robbenklopper
08-03-2016, 04:48 AM
I hadn't seen it but great minds think alike!

;)

I simply do not understand why old, epic loot should be less attractive than the new Randomloot what's a pity. Aside from any development costs. All the old quests and raids are more or less over, but mostly in order to possibly hook from the list or to obtain the XP, whereas the items sadly exist or be disposed of. Much more happening with the most Randomloot indeed, but that formerly epic Namedloot could become increasingly important again and could be planned for a gearsetup, because its values were known and worthwhile to acquire if it had a new legendary status. So why let go? I don´t say that its abilities shpuld go through the Roof, but by its uniqueness it could still set spots. I can certainly imagine that this brings a breath of fresh air in the game for a long time. But i read once People with visions Need to see a doctor ....

Saekee
08-04-2016, 10:26 AM
;)

I simply do not understand why old, epic loot should be less attractive than the new Randomloot what's a pity. Aside from any development costs. All the old quests and raids are more or less over, but mostly in order to possibly hook from the list or to obtain the XP, whereas the items sadly exist or be disposed of. Much more happening with the most Randomloot indeed, but that formerly epic Namedloot could become increasingly important again and could be planned for a gearsetup, because its values were known and worthwhile to acquire if it had a new legendary status. So why let go? I don´t say that its abilities shpuld go through the Roof, but by its uniqueness it could still set spots. I can certainly imagine that this brings a breath of fresh air in the game for a long time. But i read once People with visions Need to see a doctor ....

thx! And it is people sans vision that need a doc!

JOTMON
08-04-2016, 10:45 AM
bring on the Legendary content .. Legendary Tokens to upgrade the Epic level items.

Chain flagging endgame content that discourages the quick and easy flag, run a couple times TR, then go again..
We need something that will encourage players to want to stick around endgame and roll up alts to run it as well..

Expand the story line and have Erandis Vol go around to all the previous house raids and enticing the help of all the old defeated bosses imbuing them with additional power as she experiments with ways to unlock her own Mark of Death.
content that requires flagging 10 Raids in Legendary difficulty to unlock access to a new end raid.. (sure its a levelled up rehash.. but rehash with a purpose..)

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/451312-Mythic-level-Raids

~snip~

Still waiting for DDO to give us endgame content to run.

give us a real flagging slugfest not a halfash flag a couple raids then TR while gaining XP, run a couple more then tr again.....
Flagging all these Eberron raids could encompass 20 quests and 10 pre-raids (on Legendary difficulty).. just to open the access to Elandris Vol Legendary chain..
~ Flag all the raids on Legendary, then run all the raids on Legendary to flag for the end raid..

Have it drop components for Legendary named items.. or even Sentient weapon components..
storyline... Erandis Vol is still tryng to revive her mark of death and experimenting with various things and colluding with other entities...

experimental items found ...craftable phylactery shards.. these shards are imbued with an unusual life force that desires to be formed into a weapon..
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/473089-Sentient-Weapons
Sentient Weapons that consume named items to unlock special effects...

a grind that would encourage players to stay in the endgame range due to long flagging mechanics and farming components..
While also giving players a reason to sacrifice their named items collected and to be recollected...

Wipey
08-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Upgrades, yes. Tons of items have unique properties, unique appearances, even unique descriptions. Quite sad how 99% of "handcrafted" items are completely useless.
Dunno, much like older quests are just "better", even "old" loot was just more fun.
Now we have completely overpowered items churned out every new update ( while obsoleting everything from previous update lol ), boring items. There is no trading, dead server forums, just nothing.
Reused garbage that just doesn't fit, just that someone can have "update" in their CV.

But trading seals and shards ? Heck no. Basically free Esos or Spellstoring ring for every single mule is pretty sure way to kill any incentives why people run older content.

Zzevel
08-04-2016, 11:15 AM
Make them all tradeable, make them all auctionable

Gljosh
08-04-2016, 02:04 PM
bring on the Legendary content .. Legendary Tokens to upgrade the Epic level items.

Chain flagging endgame content that discourages the quick and easy flag, run a couple times TR, then go again..
We need something that will encourage players to want to stick around endgame and roll up alts to run it as well..

Expand the story line and have Erandis Vol go around to all the previous house raids and enticing the help of all the old defeated bosses imbuing them with additional power as she experiments with ways to unlock her own Mark of Death.
content that requires flagging 10 Raids in Legendary difficulty to unlock access to a new end raid.. (sure its a levelled up rehash.. but rehash with a purpose..)

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/451312-Mythic-level-Raids

For me this is a BIG NO. More high grind uber gear just trivializes the rest of the game

Crafting Older Epic items to be comparable to current items is great.

The old S/S/S items used to be the sought after power items. Now most of the items can easily be replaced with the MotU commendation items (Village, Druid, Cleric, PDK, Wizard ones not the CiTW/FoT coms).

There is ALOT of great content that is already made and this thread has a proposal that would make people run more of that older content seems like a win/win.

JOTMON
08-04-2016, 02:23 PM
For me this is a BIG NO. More high grind uber gear just trivializes the rest of the game

The old S/S/S items used to be the sought after power items. Now most of the items can easily be replaced with the MotU commendation items (Village, Druid, Cleric, PDK, Wizard ones not the CiTW/FoT coms).

There is ALOT of great content that is already made and this thread has a proposal that would make people run more of that older content seems like a win/win.

Well I disagree,
The way I see it, Its the only way to bring on Legendary versions of named items from Epic level gear.
Without Legendary challenge to earn Legendary gear or upgrade tokens, it would be asinine to allow a 25 token upgrade to upgrade level 20 epic gear to level 30 worthy gear, while farming level 20 content on level 30 toons.
but hey I have 800 greater tokens across my toons just sitting around collecting dust.. that's 32 upgraded Epic items for nothing..

Gljosh
08-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Well I disagree,
The way I see it, Its the only way to bring on Legendary versions of named items from Epic level gear.
Without Legendary challenge to earn Legendary gear or upgrade tokens, it would be asinine to allow a 25 token upgrade to upgrade level 20 epic gear to level 30 worthy gear, while farming level 20 content on level 30 toons.
but hey I have 800 greater tokens across my toons just sitting around collecting dust.. that's 32 upgraded Epic items for nothing..

I know you want to push the "Mythic" Raid piece and Sentient Weapons, but that would be an insane power creep.

Also, he stated making the items Level 28 and not 30.

Making the current crop of S/S/S items closer in line to other level 20 items makes sense.

Adding a method to use under utilized items (Greater Tokens) to upgrade hard to find items makes sense.

Redesigning multiple quests and adding another MASSIVE crafting system does not make sense at this point in the life of the game.

slarden
08-04-2016, 04:27 PM
I think Legendary ADQ and Legendary Chronoscope would be great raids and if they want to keep the shard / seal system that is fine with me.

Legendary ring of spell storing - gimme.

Gljosh
08-04-2016, 07:58 PM
I think Legendary ADQ and Legendary Chronoscope would be great raids and if they want to keep the shard / seal system that is fine with me.

Legendary ring of spell storing - gimme.

Legendary Wolf Whistle. ..

Personally VoD or Tod would top those two.

FuzzyDuck81
08-05-2016, 09:59 AM
My idea for boosting the old s/s/s gear was to borrow some code from the Chimera gear (which links certain item effects into the presence of dragonmark feats) & make new versions of all the s/s/s items which have a load of enhanced legendary effects that unlock when wielded by a level 30 character, the presence of any Scion feat being the key. That way, it'd encourage people to play the older content more, but without adding any more grind to the game that already exists. Increasing the drop rates of all the parts, or allowing completed versions of the upgraded items to drop would help a lot too.

Saekee
08-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Well I disagree,

that is a fair objection Jotman. My answer:

My thought is that it will not be as good as tier 3 LGS. It would be stuff that either fills a niche or helps make the gear needed to then be able to run more endgame content. Some of the old gear is just cool (like epic wolf whistle). A level 30 toon should not be farming them--it should be getting better stuff in LShroud etc. Sure, many level 30s would undoubtedly farm them but they are doing that now sometimes anyway for S S S items!

Also, it revitalizes levels 20-25 instead of making them pointless (in terms of endgame--otherwise they are just part of TR grind and hence just do high xp quests). Note that earning an S S S item is grindy in its own way and requires patience, persistence and sometimes teamwork (to pass stuff in chests).

So it is not a easy legendary gearpiece/item--25 raids and tons of runs to get the S S S item is hardly a giveaway.

And: no to just making old raids & quests into Legendary versions. Blahh.

Saekee
08-05-2016, 11:59 AM
My idea for boosting the old s/s/s gear was to borrow some code from the Chimera gear (which links certain item effects into the presence of dragonmark feats) & make new versions of all the s/s/s items which have a load of enhanced legendary effects that unlock when wielded by a level 30 character, the presence of any Scion feat being the key. That way, it'd encourage people to play the older content more, but without adding any more grind to the game that already exists. Increasing the drop rates of all the parts, or allowing completed versions of the upgraded items to drop would help a lot too.

that is similar to my proposal but 1) does not require raid tokens & hence does not push the old raids & 2) makes it even easier to craft a legendary S S S item

Saekee
08-05-2016, 12:00 PM

thanks Glijosh

JOTMON
08-05-2016, 12:35 PM
I know you want to push the "Mythic" Raid piece and Sentient Weapons, but that would be an insane power creep.

Also, he stated making the items Level 28 and not 30.

Making the current crop of S/S/S items closer in line to other level 20 items makes sense.

Adding a method to use under utilized items (Greater Tokens) to upgrade hard to find items makes sense.

Redesigning multiple quests and adding another MASSIVE crafting system does not make sense at this point in the life of the game.

still not seeing viability to giving more powerful higher level named items from low level raids without scaling the raid up to the appropriate level.
~not arguing against revamping currently sucky named items that have been screwed over by the randomgen loot revamps.. they still need to be revamped appropriately to their level..

Would prefer to see ALL the raids changed so that they remain endgame viable at all times..
Perhaps using the level drop down and having runnable raids like the festivals.. then you could run raids at all difficulty levels
Change all the Raids to a token reward that can purchase a variety of level appropriate upgradeable rewards from each raid pack, ..including scaling level named items...
Then you could have raids for level 21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35.. (whatever their start point is through to level 35) with improved token drop rates based on your character level and raid challenge level (like the festivals)
something like unique slottable upgradeable augments crafted from ingredients available at each tier of the raid levels.. (like cove gems that drop from different difficulties)
have an option to sell back named items and S/S/S for discounted value of tokens to save on inventory space stacking..

then all the raids can remain viable for all players from level 20 through 30. with scaled difficulty and rewards.
revamped loot from all the raids would rebreathe life into many antiquated raids..

RobbinB
08-05-2016, 01:40 PM

If I read the op correctly there wasn't any opportunity cost to upgrading the old epic items to legendary. Greater tokens are easily acquired so it's just bam, epic becomes legendary. If the legendary items are weak that's all fine and good (but then what's the point?), but if the legendary upgrades are strong then it's way too easy.

So, yes, creation of "legendary" items needs to have a "cost" that is obtainable by running "legendary" content. Your suggestion makes sense, but I don't really like the 1 per run tokens idea, too easily farmable (I'm assuming based on past loot systems it would be eg. 20 tokens per item). Rather I would suggest that the end chests of legendary quests have an incredibly small opportunity to drop a single legendary token (all that is needed for a single upgrade). When I say rare, I mean super rare, like 1 in 250/750/2000 or less on Elite/Hard/Normal. (As in stare dumb-founded in disbelief when one of those tokens actually falls for anyone in your group.)

Casual unlucky gamer like myself might play for a couple of years and get a single token (hmm...which item should I upgrade..which item...). The lucky 6 hour a day power gamer might get a half-dozen tokens in a year but they would still have to make hard choices about which items they would like to upgrade.

Note: I realize there are individuals on exactly the opposite end of the spectrum re: what they like in terms of "farmable" vs "lucky" pull systems. Could placate the "farmable" crowd by making the system as I suggest but also having a secondary token that you get 1/2/3 of per run on n/h/e. Some ridiculous high number of these (like 1000) could then be combined to create the legendary token. (And then come the dupers....)

Ballyspringer
08-05-2016, 04:07 PM
I put something similar to this in one of the cannith crafting posts (fitting in named items on a side rant) as I agree there needs to be more incentive again! The old epic items were awesome, both in flavor and how unique they were.

And I enjoyed how hard it was to get a SSS item back in the day - it was the best stuff and it was the hardest to get - I loved that, some items took months on months (sometimes even longer).

What I was thinking was to create a legendary difficulty of the old ones (so not just make them legendary - but add in a 3rd difficulty option) and then either the end chests give an upgrade token for an item (but again you have to get the right one for the item you want) - or they could drop like scrolls do as you kill stuff in the quests.

Tokens are interesting but as has been said those don't make you go back into the quests again - but adding legendary versions with named legendary upgrade tokens one for each of the SSS items I would love to see. So you still have to grind out the SSS lvl 20 items, and then once you're higher levels do the next challenge of running them on legendary to get the final upgrade piece.

Saekee
08-05-2016, 05:18 PM
still not seeing viability to giving more powerful higher level named items from low level raids without scaling the raid up to the appropriate level.
~not arguing against revamping currently sucky named items that have been screwed over by the randomgen loot revamps.. they still need to be revamped appropriately to their level..

Would prefer to see ALL the raids changed so that they remain endgame viable at all times..
Perhaps using the level drop down and having runnable raids like the festivals.. then you could run raids at all difficulty levels
Change all the Raids to a token reward that can purchase a variety of level appropriate upgradeable rewards from each raid pack, ..including scaling level named items...
Then you could have raids for level 21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35.. (whatever their start point is through to level 35) with improved token drop rates based on your character level and raid challenge level (like the festivals)
have an option to sell back named items and S/S/S for discounted value of tokens to save on inventory space stacking..

then all the raids can remain viable for all players from level 20 through 30. with scaled difficulty and rewards.
revamped loot from all the raids would rebreathe life into many dead or otherwise useless dysfunctional raids..

they would not be worth grinding for those level ranges--for me it is endgame or TR train; the latter means xp quests ir flavor. Inevitably new content adds incentives over older stuff so things get outdated.
You are prizing legendary gear currently available but which is harder: grinding out all the ingredients for an S S S item along with running old raids for tokens OR grinding out the legendary Vale quests on normal to make a tier 2 LGS item? Neither are so challenging for a capped character.

Saekee
08-25-2016, 12:07 PM
bump time? Anyone want a:
Legendary Pharlian Mirror Cloak
Legendary SoS
Legendary (name old S S S item)

casually
04-01-2017, 08:07 AM
Good idea! just DON'T increase powercreep further! make them awesome but not gamebreaking awesome. also why not increase their power for lvl 20 and not for any other. why? because it kinda feels weird to enter the same quest at lvl 12, 24 and then again on 30. don't you think it gets braindamaging? i ran spinner of shadows like crazy to get a templars bastion on epic but i havent found the stuff yet and it is already surpassed by powercreeploot...and now i imagine i have to run it again on or until lvl 30 ? meh...

Saekee
04-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Good idea! just DON'T increase powercreep further! make them awesome but not gamebreaking awesome. also why not increase their power for lvl 20 and not for any other. why? because it kinda feels weird to enter the same quest at lvl 12, 24 and then again on 30. don't you think it gets braindamaging? i ran spinner of shadows like crazy to get a templars bastion on epic but i havent found the stuff yet and it is already surpassed by powercreeploot...and now i imagine i have to run it again on or until lvl 30 ? meh...

my idea was that you do not run it at 30--you use the raid tokens from raids to upgrade it further. Also, the idea to only buff its level 28 incarnation is to save Dev time.
This shouldn't add to powercreep--it takes a lot of intetesting items and makes them relevent with some grind and a boost to raids.

casually
04-02-2017, 02:10 PM
ah i get it now...but what about the people who don't do raids for whatever reason? ...LAG
i still would love to see them powerful for lvl 20 again and view that as a piority. for a normal player it took ages to get the one you wanted...and then they were often already outdated :b it just adds to the things that makes one want to quit the game. i remember how much i wanted that epic darkstorm helmet..then i finally had one and a month later there was more powerful stuff and i did not have the time to farm for items like before.
but i must say the idea to up their lvl and power with the raidtokens sounds nice since it would make them useful in endgame again. from a dev perspective however i think its more interesting for them to create new endgame stuff from new questpacks and such to get people into vip or premiums to buy them..shortsighted view of things on the long run but it feels like thats the plan.

ThreadNecromancer
04-05-2017, 05:47 PM
It could even come with a new raid that dropped ingredients from every crafting system instead of vendor trash loot.

Ex. Lordsmarch crafting ingredients in the Lordsmarch section of the raid, Amrath ingredients in the Amrath section of the raid... Thunderforged/Dragontouched/Gianthold ingredients in that section, etc. And make them all optionals. Yes, it'd be a big raid. Think big or go home.

And then the raid itself has its own crafting system for upgrading the items you found ingredients for to Legendary versions, complete with its own ingredients for doing so. This would create an all-encompassing endgame raid that everyone would run for whatever reason.

I'd buy a raid like that the day it came out, even if it was the only quest in the pack.

Saekee
04-09-2017, 07:56 PM
It could even come with a new raid that dropped ingredients from every crafting system instead of vendor trash loot.

Ex. Lordsmarch crafting ingredients in the Lordsmarch section of the raid, Amrath ingredients in the Amrath section of the raid... Thunderforged/Dragontouched/Gianthold ingredients in that section, etc. And make them all optionals. Yes, it'd be a big raid. Think big or go home.

And then the raid itself has its own crafting system for upgrading the items you found ingredients for to Legendary versions, complete with its own ingredients for doing so. This would create an all-encompassing endgame raid that everyone would run for whatever reason.

I'd buy a raid like that the day it came out, even if it was the only quest in the pack.

that is a cool idea