PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic pets augmented for buffs

Enderoc
07-31-2016, 12:50 AM
Pets are like familiars and are either earned or bought. They should be allowed one non damaging Augment that is conveyed upon a player that can not be removed without a jeweler's kit or could not be utilized until the ML for the augment is reached.

Each pet should have a collar slot where the augment is displayed like what is shown for tricks.

The more pets you have the more buffs you could interchange . You could even limit their buffs to be more specific like... Place a spot or search augment on your dog, listen or feather fall augment for bat maybe silver weapons or globe of imperial blood , combustion on your fire elemental etc...

Especially if we could craft insightful augments in the crafting update.

Memnir
07-31-2016, 02:39 AM
No thank you.
Please leave pets as a totally optional vanity system offering totally zero impact on gameplay.

Uska
07-31-2016, 05:46 AM
They are and should remain cosmetic only

amylee4000
07-31-2016, 11:33 AM
Pets are like familiars and are either earned or bought. They should be allowed one non damaging Augment that is conveyed upon a player that can not be removed without a jeweler's kit or could not be utilized until the ML for the augment is reached.

Each pet should have a collar slot where the augment is displayed like what is shown for tricks.

The more pets you have the more buffs you could interchange . You could even limit their buffs to be more specific like... Place a spot or search augment on your dog, listen or feather fall augment for bat maybe silver weapons or globe of imperial blood , combustion on your fire elemental etc...

Especially if we could craft insightful augments in the crafting update.

I agree with that..
I would like to see that each pet give a small buff to the character when it summon.
Do you have a tressym? If you summon it you have +2 dexterity.
A bear. +2 To strength. etc....
Would encourage buying pets, or have one.

Nuclear_Elvis
07-31-2016, 11:38 AM
Pets, Companions, and Familiars are three different things here.

You're using the term "Pet" but you mean "Companion."

Pets are the Artificer's Dog, the Druid's Wolf, and the Pale Master's Skeleton Knight. Those Pets fight for you, are part of the game.

Companions are the Cosmetic items that follow you around and do not interact with gameplay in current DDO.

Familiars, at least true Familiars, per D&D, have not been fully implemented here (and none permanent). There are slight variations that one could argue are like Familiars in the game, such as the Druid spell effects that puts a birdie temporarily around you with a buffing effect on your character.

Enderoc
07-31-2016, 01:14 PM
To the ones against it... Let me guess. Premium players right?

Uska
07-31-2016, 01:16 PM
To the ones against it... Let me guess. Premium players right?

Nope VIP and especially against crafting adding more to them it's powercreep and we need a reduction not an increase

Memnir
07-31-2016, 02:12 PM
To the ones against it... Let me guess. Premium players right?You guessed wrong.
Player-status has no bearing on this being a bad idea.