PDA

View Full Version : Server Merge with Free Name Respecs

Rofaust
07-25-2016, 05:07 PM
After the merge, the first player to login to a toon that shares a name with one or more toons on other merged servers gets to keep the name and all other toons of the same name that login subsequently get a free 1 time name respec. Same deal for guilds on the guild leaders' toons. Players with toons on both/all of the servers merged can have their # of character slots increased, or choose which characters to keep and be reimbursed in TP for losing their slots with the merge (depending on which option is deemed more feasible). Alerts and warnings of the merger would be sent in advance on the forum, launcher, and by email starting three months prior to give ample notice. Halve the numbers of servers by merging each with one other initially; and, if player mass isn't satisfactory, continue the process until we have One Server to rule them all.

The dissent:

Rawrargh
07-25-2016, 05:21 PM
In before "No but I don't have a reason"

Oh and /signed for more lfm's

Grosbeak07
07-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Worked so well last time they did it. Let's do it again!

No thank you.

And as many have stated before, won't change anything, there will just be more players on a server soloing/channel/guild play. LFM's won't go up unless there is a reason to group again.

Uska
07-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Not until lag is fixed and even with name respecs people wont be happy

Uska
07-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Worked so well last time they did it. Let's do it again!

No thank you.

And as many have stated before, won't change anything, there will just be more players on a server soloing/channel/guild play. LFM's won't go up unless there is a reason to group again.

This so much this

HastyPudding
07-25-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm undecided. On one hand, it will most assuredly boost playable population on servers (that's the point). On the other hand, with so many different names, people changing their names, and conflicting names between servers it'll be chaos.

Hobgoblin
07-25-2016, 07:33 PM
first point- people are attached to their names.

second point- and only turbine can answer this - are populations that low or people just not grouping.

point the third - if people are there and are not grouping, how are server merges going to make them group?

point forever after - you have not addressed guild ships and astral shards which many people paid real money for. i am by no mean a lawyer, but i would think that could lead to possible legal action against turbine. just saying!