PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Thursday, July 21st

Cordovan
07-20-2016, 02:48 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds are open.

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, July 21st from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Notes:

Enhancements:

The Artificer's Arcanotechnician's Arcane Mechanism now works correctly.
The Arcanotechnician's Automated Repairs now works more reliably.
The Ranger Deepwood Stalker's Merciful Shot should now use Ranged Power instead of Melee Power.

Items:

Combat Mastery now functions correctly.
Spell Focus now properly adds to all DC schools.
Deception's tooltip now displays properly.
The Epic Riftmaker's force damage and glow now functions.

Quests and Adventure Areas:

Haunted Halls of Eveningstar - Implemented changes that should help us identify a cause for why the doppleganger fight sometimes fails to function correctly. This may also reduce the number of times this issue may occur.
What Goes Up - Created a workaround for an issue that could prevent some players from repeating the quest. Affected players should now speak with Sherrod, then speak with Kara Patwin, the Heroic Arc-giver for the Stormhorns, and follow the prompts to repair What Goes Up. Taking an arc reward from the Heroic Stormhorns Arc should allow Sherrod to speak with them again. If this workaround does not resolve your issue, please submit a bug report through ddobugs.turbine.com so we can identify further fixes.

AlcoArgo
07-20-2016, 02:52 PM
What Goes Up - Created a workaround for an issue that could prevent some players from repeating the quest. Affected players should now speak with Sherrod, then speak with Kara Patwin, the Heroic Arc-giver for the Stormhorns, and follow the prompts to repair What Goes Up. Taking an arc reward from the Heroic Stormhorns Arc should allow Sherrod to speak with them again. If this workaround does not resolve your issue, please submit a bug report through ddobugs.turbine.com so we can identify further fixes.
[/LIST]

Does this bug and fix apply only to the heroic arc? I have only done WGU on the epic arc and have not seen any issues.

Six_Gun
07-20-2016, 02:56 PM
No fix to ranged weapons not scaling? Figures.

Steelstar
07-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Does this bug and fix apply only to the heroic arc? I have only done WGU on the epic arc and have not seen any issues.

It can apply to What Goes Up on both Heroic and Epic; when the bug is triggered, Sherrod acts as if you aren't flagged for What Goes Up, even though you've run it before. In either case, speaking to the Heroic Arc NPC is necessary to fix.

FranOhmsford
07-20-2016, 03:36 PM
[/LIST]

It can apply to What Goes Up on both Heroic and Epic; when the bug is triggered, Sherrod acts as if you aren't flagged for What Goes Up, even though you've run it before. In either case, speaking to the Heroic Arc NPC is necessary to fix.

Can we please get a forum post from a Dev stickied with all workarounds listed so that players who don't read these forums regularly can actually find the workarounds when they run into these issues?

Ebondevil
07-20-2016, 04:09 PM
Thursday, 21 July 2016, 08:00:00 EDT GMT-4 hours
Thursday, 21 July 2016, 07:00:00 CDT GMT-5 hours
Thursday, 21 July 2016, 06:00:00 MDT GMT-6 hours
Thursday, 21 July 2016, 05:00:00 PDT GMT-7 hours

Thursday, 21 July 2016, 12:00:00 UTC GMT
Thursday, 21 July 2016, 13:00:00 BST GMT+1 hour
Thursday, 21 July 2016, 14:00:00 CEST GMT+2 hours
Thursday, 21 July 2016, 15:00:00 EEST GMT+3 hours

Thursday, 21 July 2016, 20:45:00 ACWST GMT+8:45 hours
Thursday, 21 July 2016, 21:30:00 ACST GMT+9:30 hours
Thursday, 21 July 2016, 22:00:00 AEST GMT+10 hours

Zebedar
07-20-2016, 04:12 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, July 21st from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Notes:

Enhancements:

The Ranger Deepwood Stalker's Merciful Shot should now use Ranged Power instead of Melee Power.

Items:

Haunted Halls of Eveningstar - Implemented changes that should help us identify a cause for why the doppleganger fight sometimes fails to function correctly. This may also reduce the number of times this issue may occur.

Surely Cordovan must have meant to say this was a patch, not an update.

AlcoArgo
07-20-2016, 04:21 PM

Groovy. Thanks.

Gratch
07-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Surely Cordovan must have meant to say this was a patch, not an update.

Probably means Update 31: Patch 4.

Guessing they want to get these fixes out while they polish A1-A3 content and crafting redo, aka, Update 32 get ready for (hopefully soon) Lama release.

Cordovan (and now apparently Severlin) are doing double duty between DDO and LotRO... doesn't leave much time to be precise when people can guess what is up.

Hobgoblin
07-20-2016, 04:31 PM
this is not u32 right?

grrowler
07-20-2016, 04:48 PM

that is great that some of these issues are being addressed/fixed.

I had a question about Combat Mastery though. My understanding on the issue is that all types of "Combat Mastery" were giving the same insightful bonus, so they did not stack. In this patch, is it being fixed so that all existing items (including random gen) will be giving the correct type of bonus? so after tomorrow's patch, there should be exceptional, insightful and quality which will all stack properly?

for example, the warrior prefix states that it gives an ENHANCEMENT bonus to tactical DC's, but currently it is providing the same insightful bonus as combat mastery.

There are u29 random gen warrior (prefix with enhancement bonus) items of combat mastery (suffix with insightful bonus) - will those items now give a stacking bonus for tactical DC's?

Stoner81
07-20-2016, 04:56 PM
this is not u32 right?

As far as I know it's not.

Stoner81.

dunklezhan
07-20-2016, 05:16 PM
Wow a bug fix update? Not as big as I'd wish for but - good job!

Cordovan
07-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Meh, usually I rewrite that line. It's an update to the game. The update is called Update 31 Patch 4.

QueenOfTheHook
07-20-2016, 06:32 PM
I will be glad to have a workaround because I one of the lucky ones that has to red door what goes up every single time. I still pull the end reward from the story arc guy but not the npc for what goes up.

Nuclear_Elvis
07-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Meh, usually I rewrite that line. It's an update to the game. The update is called Update 31 Patch 4.

Cordo,
We're all glad to see bug fixes, Quality Control issues, being worked in the game. Frankly, I don't think anyone would complain if this became as frequent as once a week, because - you may need a steady cycle of restarting the servers anyways. Longer term, if you set conditions and expectations and the Quality is noticeably improving, no one will complain about a couple hours downtime each week.

sithhound
07-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Cordo,
We're all glad to see bug fixes, Quality Control issues, being worked in the game. Frankly, I don't think anyone would complain if this became as frequent as once a week, because - you may need a steady cycle of restarting the servers anyways. Longer term, if you set conditions and expectations and the Quality is noticeably improving, no one will complain about a couple hours downtime each week.

/signed

Faltout
07-21-2016, 06:32 AM
that is great that some of these issues are being addressed/fixed.

I had a question about Combat Mastery though. My understanding on the issue is that all types of "Combat Mastery" were giving the same insightful bonus, so they did not stack. In this patch, is it being fixed so that all existing items (including random gen) will be giving the correct type of bonus? so after tomorrow's patch, there should be exceptional, insightful and quality which will all stack properly?

for example, the warrior prefix states that it gives an ENHANCEMENT bonus to tactical DC's, but currently it is providing the same insightful bonus as combat mastery.

There are u29 random gen warrior (prefix with enhancement bonus) items of combat mastery (suffix with insightful bonus) - will those items now give a stacking bonus for tactical DC's?
My guess is that now combat mastery will apply enhancement bonus. The rest of the types (quality, exceptional and what not) will still provide insightful. To fix those would be a lot of work compared to fixing the effect present in random loot (which is newly developed).

It should also mean that now combat mastery won't stack with stunning, vertigo, shatter and so we need to switch to insightful CM.

vaniir1976
07-21-2016, 07:59 AM
no one will complain about a couple hours downtime each week.

Oh my.... Your faith in the DDO populace is generous and naive ;)

Aurora1979
07-21-2016, 08:02 AM
Oh my.... Your faith in the DDO populace is generous and naive ;)

:D lol.

I remember when they did used to do a weekly... actually, was is fortnightly.... apparently I DONT remember lol.

Anyhow, they used to regular maintenance downtime.

There was a problem when Europe merged with the US servers. The downtime ended up smack in the middle of play time for the Europe crowd. I seem to remember this being changed and the downtime being moved a little bit each time for a while.

Then I left the game and dunno what happened.

thomascoolone64
07-21-2016, 08:28 AM

Notes:

Enhancements:

Items:

THANK YOU!!!

PsychoBlonde
07-21-2016, 08:46 AM
Me: "Oh there's downtime tomorrow, that's okay, I'll probably wake up around noon once it's over."
*wakes up at 830*
sonuva . . .

QueenOfTheHook
07-21-2016, 08:59 AM
Me: "Oh there's downtime tomorrow, that's okay, I'll probably wake up around noon once it's over."
*wakes up at 830*
sonuva . . .

I know the feeling. I keep hitting refresh hoping the servers come back up earlier than anticipated. I am happy for the patch though so I am trying to be patient.

JOTMON
07-21-2016, 09:04 AM

Notes:

Enhancements:

Items:

Wasn't this also supposed to fix the U29 scaling damage issue and non-functioning DR breakers on randomgens.

Garix
07-21-2016, 09:05 AM
Patch servers have just come up......

mraz
07-21-2016, 09:06 AM
gimme gimme :P

Aurora1979
07-21-2016, 09:18 AM
I have my patch, can I come in now please?

Velorne
07-21-2016, 09:27 AM
I have my patch, can I come in now please?

Got mine too. Now this:

Failed to read authentication response[err: unexpected end of file][line: 1][col:1]

thomascoolone64
07-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Will Epic Riftmakers icon background display as the weapon having force damage on it? Or keeping the blue default background?

jalont
07-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Got mine too. Now this:

Failed to read authentication response[err: unexpected end of file][line: 1][col:1]

This is the normal cycle. Patch server goes up and log in server stays down while they test.

thomascoolone64
07-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Got mine too. Now this:

The patch servers may be online but the actual game servers are still off ... Thats why your getting that denial of connection

BigErkyKid
07-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Can someone from turbine (thanks guys I want a dev on record here) explain what they mean by saying they fixed combat mastery? With examples please.

thomascoolone64
07-21-2016, 09:54 AM
Can someone from turbine (thanks guys I want a dev on record here) explain what they mean by saying they fixed combat mastery? With examples please.

What they mean is, the full bonus of te item now applies to you (I think)

jalont
07-21-2016, 09:56 AM

I'm quite sure that all combat masteries were giving the same bonus type, despite their listed type, so they weren't stacking properly.

Cordovan
07-21-2016, 09:57 AM
UPDATE: The game worlds are open.

BigErkyKid
07-21-2016, 09:59 AM
I'm quite sure that all combat masteries were giving the same bonus type, despite their listed type, so they weren't stacking properly.

I appreciate the answers. I know how it worked up until now, but I want to know exactly what the devs intend to do with it.

Cordovan
07-21-2016, 09:59 AM
Also, I said earlier Patch 4. I meant Patch 3.

Velorne
07-21-2016, 10:06 AM
The patch servers may be online but the actual game servers are still off ... Thats why your getting that denial of connection

arkonas
07-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Just logged back in. Went to my guild ship-- click on "get buffs". Nothing. Nada. Bupkiss.

Went downstairs-- and the ship is **empty**... nothing, nada, everything is just *gone*.

***?

Thanks alot, Turbine!

lol not sure how often you play or what not. its always been like that. it can take a hour for your buffs to spawn. this is nothing new or anything turbine trying to pull anything on you.

JOTMON
07-21-2016, 10:46 AM
Well, pardon me for not living in the stupid forums-- I either play or I'm doing something else.

You'd think THAT would be a red-text entry on every single frikkin' Service News:

"Oh, and as per our usual lackadaisical ineptitude, ship buffs won't populate for quite some time, as per policy. We have known about this for years, and we do not give a rat's fart about our actual paying customers. But more importantly? New guilds might just purchase these a second time, and we make even MORE money from naive newbies. It's how we keep in business, as we keep p8ssing off our VIP players."

It wont let you rebuy them since you already own them..
except the cargohold.. may screw up those ones...

dunklezhan
07-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Well, pardon me for not living in the stupid forums-- I either play or I'm doing something else.

You'd think THAT would be a red-text entry on every single frikkin' Service News:

"Oh, and as per our usual lackadaisical ineptitude, ship buffs won't populate for quite some time, as per policy. We have known about this for years, and we do not give a rat's fart about our actual paying customers. But more importantly? New guilds might just purchase these a second time, and we make even MORE money from naive newbies. It's how we keep in business, as we keep p8ssing off our VIP players."

As I recall, this is actually to help servers come back up smoothly instead of all juddery with thousands and thousands of ships all rebuilding themselves at the same time. They're being helpful not spiteful.

Unlike others though, I don't see any reason to have a go at you for not knowing this - yes it was on the forums, it has been on the launcher a couple of times - but it is easy to miss and if you aren't usually on within an hour of servers coming up you could easily have never seen it.

But its not a scam, and it isn't lackadaisical. Its just all part of fighting the many headed lag beast.

Gratch
07-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Also, I said earlier Patch 4. I meant Patch 3.

*sigh* I blame LotRO messing with you.

Looks like it was Patch 4 based on the ddowiki accounting:

Update 31 Patch 1, released on Thursday, May 19th.

Fighter Enhancements and Quest Fixes

Update 31 Patch 2, released on Wednesday, June 8, 2016.

New Monster Manual

Update 31 Patch 3, released on Tuesday, June 21, 2016.

Fixes for lag causing enhancements
Limit mail to 50 per character

Also... Cordovan called the last one Update 31 Patch 3: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/476470
You can take your numbering up with him.

Cordovan
07-21-2016, 12:55 PM
*sigh* I blame LotRO messing with you.

Looks like it was Patch 4 based on the ddowiki accounting:

Update 31 Patch 1, released on Thursday, May 19th.
Fighter Enhancements and Quest Fixes

Update 31 Patch 2, released on Wednesday, June 8, 2016.
New Monster Manual

Update 31 Patch 3, released on Tuesday, June 21, 2016.
Fixes for lag causing enhancements
Limit mail to 50 per character

Also... Cordovan called the last one Update 31 Patch 3: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/476470
You can take your numbering up with him.

Argh. This is me getting mixed up between development and public. Technically, we called the post U31 hotfix patch 1 internally, but called it a hotfix publicly. So I guess I need to decide, and will call it Patch 4.

zehnvhex
07-21-2016, 01:17 PM
Sounds like you need Team Umizoomi to help you with their mighty mighty math powers.

patang01
07-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Argh. This is me getting mixed up between development and public. Technically, we called the post U31 hotfix patch 1 internally, but called it a hotfix publicly. So I guess I need to decide, and will call it Patch 4.

*To the sound of Gregorian Monks singing in the background*

I dub thee hot patch! 160 combustion spell power for everybody!!!!

minorpenthes
07-22-2016, 06:59 AM

You don't need to live on the servers to know that.

This is something you would know if you have ever logged in within an hour of maintenance/patch/update etc.

And please, I doubt you need to dust off the tin foil hat to combat this nefarious conspiracy ;)

It is kind of just one of those things that 99.9% of people know.

But I guess, on the bright side, that makes you very, very special ;)

Loholt-UK
07-22-2016, 09:18 AM
[/LIST]

I have a similar issue with Pirates of the Thunder Sea (Epic).

Garl's Tomb only offers the Heroic versions of the quests, there is no option for Old Tomb, New Tenants.

I have spoken to Tarfoot Brynne and Cydonie.

The only way I can currently start this quest is by joining a party with people who aren't bugged.

Is this a known issue? I haven't been able to find mention of it if it is.

Steelstar
07-22-2016, 09:33 AM
I have a similar issue with Pirates of the Thunder Sea (Epic).

Garl's Tomb only offers the Heroic versions of the quests, there is no option for Old Tomb, New Tenants.

I have spoken to Tarfoot Brynne and Cydonie.

The only way I can currently start this quest is by joining a party with people who aren't bugged.

Is this a known issue? I haven't been able to find mention of it if it is.

No, if you could please send a PM with the affected character name and server, we can investigate.

Thanks!

nazgul748
07-22-2016, 11:00 AM
No, if you could please send a PM with the affected character name and server, we can investigate.

Thanks!

This happened to me when I had already taken the heroic quest but had not ran it yet. Once I completed the heroic version, the epic quest became available.

DeCourcy
07-22-2016, 11:32 AM
So what is this weekend's bonus? Do we have one this week?

Zzevel
07-22-2016, 11:49 AM

We do, you can always see it early in the week when the chronicle is posted... It is always there right at the bottom of the chronicle, you just need to click and read. You do not need to wait for a new post.

Issue 198 of the DDO Chronicle is now available! (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=5849212#post5849212)

Cordovan
07-22-2016, 12:01 PM

Mysterious Remnants Boost along with a +2 Loot boost. Oops on not announcing it outside of the Chronicle yet.

cdbd3rd
07-22-2016, 02:51 PM

We do, you can always see it early in the week when the chronicle is posted... .

Or clicking the Store link up top of the forums pages - there's a box there listing the current Bonus as well. ;)

Loholt-UK
07-23-2016, 04:18 PM
This happened to me when I had already taken the heroic quest but had not ran it yet. Once I completed the heroic version, the epic quest became available.

I'll test this and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip.

Bob_of_QF
07-24-2016, 11:38 AM
As I recall, this is actually to help servers come back up smoothly instead of all juddery with thousands and thousands of ships all rebuilding themselves at the same time. They're being helpful not spiteful.

Unlike others though, I don't see any reason to have a go at you for not knowing this - yes it was on the forums, it has been on the launcher a couple of times - but it is easy to miss and if you aren't usually on within an hour of servers coming up you could easily have never seen it.

But its not a scam, and it isn't lackadaisical. Its just all part of fighting the many headed lag beast.

Well shut my mouth-- an intelligent, thoughtful reply, devoid of sarcasm, and full of actual useful information! Who knew such a Wonderment was even possible?

Ha!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for an actual reason for the slow ship re-population. I have thought about this some more, and I've not been a guild leader for all that long, and that is also likely why I missed this until now.

A bump to your reputation, for such an intelligent (and informative) reply. Thanks again!

Loholt-UK
07-24-2016, 11:45 AM
I'll test this and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip.

The tip from nazgul748 worked a treat, thanks Nazgul. And thank you Steelstar for the support.