PDA

View Full Version : LF FVS past life build

Luxgolg
07-11-2016, 09:17 AM
I'm finally getting around to getting completionist on at least 1 toon and am looking for a FVS build. Something just to go fast in Heroic to 20(non-Iconic). Could someone link a level progression build(just to 20)

Thanks

Wipey
07-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Human

10 8 14 14 18 14, level ups in wisdom. Spellcraft, Umd, Hjeal, Jump

1 Favourite martial thf weapon proficiency ( Maelstrom, Nightblade, Guardian Dagger, Sos, crafted Holy maul, whatever you have or prefer) Maximize
3 Empower
6 Quicken
9 wizzy past life
12 evo
15 greater evo
18 spell pen or whatever

Melee + Soundburst, add Holy Smite later. DP at level 10, Slay at 11. Take BB at 12, Implo at 18.
From 12 to cap it's the same thing: all metas on BB, Destr/ Slay on evasion mobs and archers, DP bosses.
I'd suggest farming heroic Panasonic circlet, the rest of the gear don't matter really as long as you have basic stats covered.
Impulse and Radiance lore and perhaps + necro DCs random junk.
Torc is nice since you are gonna be taking tons of hits herding mobs till comfortable alert and mince them to pieces with 400 - 1k BBs.

Luxgolg
07-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Thank you

Human

10 8 14 14 18 14, level ups in wisdom. Spellcraft, Umd, Hjeal, Jump

1 Favourite martial thf weapon proficiency ( Maelstrom, Nightblade, Guardian Dagger, Sos, crafted Holy maul, whatever you have or prefer) Maximize
3 Empower
6 Quicken
9 wizzy past life
12 evo
15 greater evo
18 spell pen or whatever

Melee + Soundburst, add Holy Smite later. DP at level 10, Slay at 11. Take BB at 12, Implo at 18.
From 12 to cap it's the same thing: all metas on BB, Destr/ Slay on evasion mobs and archers, DP bosses.
I'd suggest farming heroic Panasonic circlet, the rest of the gear don't matter really as long as you have basic stats covered.
Impulse and Radiance lore and perhaps + necro DCs random junk.
Torc is nice since you are gonna be taking tons of hits herding mobs till comfortable alert and mince them to pieces with 400 - 1k BBs.

gummolo
07-15-2016, 02:43 AM
All That Wipey said, also consider taking barbarian as first level and switch to 14 str and 10 cha. Nice +10% run Speed, Free weapon prof and better meele in low levels.

Wipey
07-15-2016, 01:08 PM
Barb speed plus Sprint boost is really addictive so 2 barb splash is an option.
Or even 1 barb plus 1 rogue. I love the combo, just not that much on caster toon.

Even though I tried all three options few times as fvs or cleric, I am not sure it outweighs loss of caster levels at level, spell pen and spell points at level and most importantly, delaying your "big guns" spells.

Getting Holy Smite, BB, Destro or Implosion is huge boost in effectiveness. Especially BB, just right in the time when melee without PA or Cleaves starts to really suck.

unbongwah
07-15-2016, 02:42 PM
Alternatively, if you're looking for a melee toon for a FvS life, consider barb 3 / ftr 8 / FvS 9: 33 APs Kensei, 13 APs FB (Supreme Cleave), 22 APs WP (Ameliorating Strike), remaining APs spread where you like.

Not sure about leveling order, maybe barb 1, ftr 1-6, FvS 1, barb 2-3, ftr 7-8, FvS 2-9?

Hobgoblin
07-15-2016, 02:45 PM
i went 6 ranger 6 monk 8 fvs elf using longswords.

it was fun enough that i went to 30 and did both!

i actually did both fvs and cleric this way

ValariusK
07-15-2016, 04:16 PM
6 ranger 6 monk 8 fvs can be made into a good thrower build also. Just take the 6 ranger and 6 monk first and lay on the 8 fvs after. Use manyshot when its up with bow, otherwise shuriken. 8 FVS will give you some utility spells and respectable self-healing.