PDA

View Full Version : race change tokens

the_one_dwarfforged
07-07-2016, 12:33 AM
sometimes i want to stay the same build but be a different race.

we have tokens to change all sorts of other things...make this a thing please.

HastyPudding
07-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Hmmmm

Let's bring back Greater Reincarnation and modify it to allow total changing of your character: in addition to what a lesser reincarnation can do, it also changes race (non-iconic), gender, and alignment. It should come in +1 ~ +20, the same as lesser hearts. Turbine could make a good deal of money from this because people ETRing get tired of the same old class nonstop.

Of course, the bad side is that this effectively halts the leveling process. Why bother TRing that human cleric into a dwarf barbarian when you can just greater TR?

the_one_dwarfforged
07-07-2016, 11:19 PM
Hmmmm

Let's bring back Greater Reincarnation and modify it to allow total changing of your character: in addition to what a lesser reincarnation can do, it also changes race (non-iconic), gender, and alignment. It should come in +1 ~ +20, the same as lesser hearts. Turbine could make a good deal of money from this because people ETRing get tired of the same old class nonstop.

Of course, the bad side is that this effectively halts the leveling process. Why bother TRing that human cleric into a dwarf barbarian when you can just greater TR?

past lives of course. but the levelling process is exactly what i want to skip...im having fun playing a bf fighter right now, but i have a serious hankering to gimp myself and play a human just for the awesome factor. all i want is to change my race, and i really, really, REALLY, REEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY do NOT want to level anything right now. and sure ottos boxes are an option but im too cheap and too poor for that, and i also dont need any more fighter lives or robot lives, so there isnt any auxiliary benefit to that for me anyway.

Uska
07-08-2016, 06:32 AM
Hmmmm

All but alignment change that would have issues or,problems it would be best to avoid, of course with the layoffs there's no way they can make it

Karadon_II
07-08-2016, 06:59 AM
All but alignment change that would have issues or,problems it would be best to avoid, of course with the layoffs there's no way they can make it

Just like the layoffs in October 2012 prevented the Reincarnation overhaul in U20?

Uska
07-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Just like the layoffs in October 2012 prevented the Reincarnation overhaul in U20?

We now have even less staff than then and there is about a 100 million more important things to use limited dev time on

Karadon_II
07-08-2016, 09:51 AM
We now have even less staff than then and there is about a 100 million more important things to use limited dev time on

Agreed. Race change is certainly something that I personally hope is near the bottom of the list, but I'd consider the U20 Reincarnation overhaul to be much more significant in dev time than a simple race change and that overhaul was unaffected by layoffs within the year before U20 was implemented so I don't think layoffs suggest "there's no way they can make it" using that as an example.

No major dooooom anyway for the forseeable future:

We do appreciate folks' concerns about the well-being of the team; know that the team has read them.

As with previous business-related decision-making like this, we really can't comment on personnel changes. We would like to reiterate the part from yesterday's statement that DDO will continue operating as it is now. We'd add that no changes have been made to our development plans.