PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Wednesday, June 8th 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
06-07-2016, 02:47 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! We'll see you in-game.

The DDO game worlds will be brought down from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, June 8th for an update. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

Update 31 Patch 2 Release Notes

Here are the Release Notes for Update 31 Patch 2, released on Wednesday, June 8th, 2016.

News and Notes

Fixed several stacking effect issues that may have contributed to lag, including Freedom of Movement and bonus damage dice on weapons.
Fixed the Deep Gnome past life to properly give Illusion DC instead of Enchantment DC.
Added a new Monster Manual! This Monster Manual is free to VIPs and available in the DDO Store.
Added additional monitoring to help us investigate the impact of large mail queues in-game.

Cleanincubus
06-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Any news on what enemies are included in the new Monster Manual? Are Drow finally included?

Have U31 enemies been added to existing Monster Manuals as well?

Krelar
06-07-2016, 02:51 PM
I don't suppose the monsters in the newest quests will finally show up in the new/existing monster manuals? (Still glad to get another one even if the answer is "not yet")

UurlockYgmeov
06-07-2016, 02:55 PM
:eek: :p:cool:

Added a new Monster Manual! This Monster Manual is free to VIPs and available in the DDO Store

Wonder what could possibly be in this one? :P

Qhualor
06-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Large mail queus? You mean like when I get spammed with favor mail every time I ER and complete an epic quest even though I already had that favor unlocked long before?

Lerincho
06-07-2016, 03:04 PM
The DDO game worlds will be brought down from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, June 8th for an update. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

Update 31 Patch 2 Release Notes

Here are the Release Notes for Update 31 Patch 2, released on Wednesday, June 8th, 2016.

News and Notes

Fixed several stacking effect issues that may have contributed to lag, including Freedom of Movement and bonus damage dice on weapons.
Fixed the Deep Gnome past life to properly give Illusion DC instead of Enchantment DC.
Added a new Monster Manual! This Monster Manual is free to VIPs and available in the DDO Store.
Added additional monitoring to help us investigate the impact of large mail queues in-game.

Yet another patch without fixing Haunted Halls issue? Ran 3 times Sunday, 3 times missing doppelganger

waryJerry
06-07-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm very enthusiastic about a new monster manual and you can count on my digital tuppences--I'll always pay for new installments of the MM so keep your DDO slave labor working hard on them!

Ebondevil
06-07-2016, 03:15 PM

Thursday, 8 June 2016, 08:00:00 EDT GMT-4 hours
Thursday, 8 June 2016, 07:00:00 CDT GMT-5 hours
Thursday, 8 June 2016, 06:00:00 MDT GMT-6 hours
Thursday, 8 June 2016, 05:00:00 PDT GMT-7 hours

Thursday, 8 June 2016, 12:00:00 UTC GMT
Thursday, 8 June 2016, 13:00:00 BST GMT+1 hour
Thursday, 8 June 2016, 14:00:00 CEST GMT+2 hours
Thursday, 8 June 2016, 15:00:00 EEST GMT+3 hours

Thursday, 8 June 2016, 20:45:00 ACWST GMT+8:45 hours
Thursday, 8 June 2016, 21:30:00 ACST GMT+9:30 hours
Thursday, 8 June 2016, 22:00:00 AEST GMT+10 hours

Thalmor
06-07-2016, 03:51 PM
I'm very enthusiastic about a new monster manual and you can count on my digital tuppences--I'll always pay for new installments of the MM so keep your DDO slave labor working hard on them!

I wonder how much labour is really involved in creating one considering there was no mention in the Producer's Letter. Then bam it's included in a patch.

MistaMagic
06-07-2016, 04:08 PM
So is that a graphical error to the dcs or an actual error or both?. The reason I'm asking is that according to what I see my Pk is a 77 dc and my hmm is a 90 dc so are these figures correct and not actualy doing that or is it that they are realy 80 and 87 (3 past lives)?

Djnnmajic
06-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Racial Arcane Archer final strike ever planning on fixing that?
Or just give me unlimited plat so I can reset my enhancement every time I log back in......

Ague
06-07-2016, 07:52 PM
Yet another patch without fixing Haunted Halls issue? Ran 3 times Sunday, 3 times missing doppelganger

I haven't run that in almost a month since the last GM I had autocomplete the Doppleganger area had said it was a known issue. Makes farming a Lantern Ring a wee bit difficult if I have to keep putting in a ticket to get past a specific encounter every run through...

Please fix this.

Ague
06-07-2016, 07:53 PM

I am as well!

FOr any that are wondering, as soon as I get home from work tomorrow and see what's in the new Monster Manual, I'll be turning those monsters on in the MM on YourDDO for any that want to go hunting! :)

dontmater
06-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Racial Arcane Archer final strike ever planning on fixing that?
Or just give me unlimited plat so I can reset my enhancement every time I log back in......

amen.... . . . .

Mindos
06-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Will the Cannith Crafting update be in this patch? Surprise! :)

LevelJ
06-08-2016, 12:54 AM
Will the Cannith Crafting update be in this patch? Surprise! :)

Heh, as nice as that would seem initially, they would get grilled soooo badly for rushing it out without any Lamannia testing first.

As to the other points made in this thread...with all the things that need more immediate fixes, it is concerning that these 'patch' notes are way to small to justify a patch...I don't care if the monster manual is on it. I'm hoping there's a little more to this.

And I'm guessing drow isn't in the manual, since they would likely have announced it to build hype if it was.

-Jayron

Ebondevil
06-08-2016, 01:34 AM
As to the other points made in this thread...with all the things that need more immediate fixes, it is concerning that these 'patch' notes are way to small to justify a patch...I don't care if the monster manual is on it. I'm hoping there's a little more to this.

All the Justification I need for a patch personally.

From my Understanding, FoM is pretty much mandatory for raids, and you can find it on gear, which I expect people wear.

While the Number of sources of Bonus Damage Dice on weapons could include everything from Feats (Cleave), to Enhancements, to Deadly Weapons to ANY weapon with a Min Level High enough to justify a 1.5[w] or higher on it...

moomooprincess
06-08-2016, 05:24 AM
I wonder how much labour is really involved in creating one considering there was no mention in the Producer's Letter. Then bam it's included in a patch.

If the code is written probably and there is no database changes, it would be very simple. A lot of cutting and pasting with the programmer just having to change the numbers of the monster manuals. In my mind, it looks like a few tables are involved, and I have spent enough time thinking about it.

Code tables
MMTable = Monster Manuals
Field 1 = MMid.this would be values of MM01 through MM99, first row would be MM01
Field 2 = quantity of monsters, I will use ten
Field 3 = the monster ID, which then points to the monster table with all the corresponding monster IDs
Field 4 = the monster ID, which then points to the monster table with all the corresponding monster IDs
Field 5 = the monster ID, which then points to the monster table with all the corresponding monster IDs
Field 6 = the monster ID, which then points to the monster table with all the corresponding monster IDs
Field 7 = the monster ID, which then points to the monster table with all the corresponding monster IDs
Field 8 = the monster ID, which then points to the monster table with all the corresponding monster IDs
Field 9 = the monster ID, which then points to the monster table with all the corresponding monster IDs
Field 10 = the monster ID, which then points to the monster table with all the corresponding monster IDs
Field 11 = the monster ID, which then points to the monster table with all the corresponding monster IDs
Field 12 = the monster ID, which then points to the monster table with all the corresponding monster IDs

Select MonsterName from MonsterTable where monsterID = (Select Field3 from MMTable where ID = MM07)
Select MonsterName from MonsterTable where monsterID = (Select Field4 from MMTable where ID = MM07)
Select MonsterName from MonsterTable where monsterID = (Select Field5 from MMTable where ID = MM07)
Select MonsterName from MonsterTable where monsterID = (Select Field6 from MMTable where ID = MM07)
Select MonsterName from MonsterTable where monsterID = (Select Field7 from MMTable where ID = MM07)
Select MonsterName from MonsterTable where monsterID = (Select Field8 from MMTable where ID = MM07)
Select MonsterName from MonsterTable where monsterID = (Select Field9 from MMTable where ID = MM07)
Select MonsterName from MonsterTable where monsterID = (Select Field10 from MMTable where ID = MM07)
Select MonsterName from MonsterTable where monsterID = (Select Field11 from MMTable where ID = MM07)
Select MonsterName from MonsterTable where monsterID = (Select Field12 from MMTable where ID = MM07)

MonsterTable has all the descriptions and data on the monster.
MonsterTable
MonsterID = MONid
MonsterName = Rat
MonsterDesc = "rats prefer to live underground........"
MonsterCharRewards = integer 6 these values come from another table
MonsterACCTRewards = integer 5 these values come from another table
MonsterMasteryRewards = 1 these values come from another table
MonsterRatID = 1 through however many rats there are (go read another table that has all the ratnames

moomooprincess
06-08-2016, 05:29 AM
I wonder what large mail queues means.

Isn't there a limit of just 50 and 50?

I would think that MONITORING adds even more lag. I am expecting the mail system to not work, now.

moomooprincess
06-08-2016, 05:32 AM
I am getting a double whammy today.

Turbine is messing with the game, and my ISP is doing maintenance starting in 30 minutes.

If things don't work, I won't know who to blame. Usually, that means I have to stay off for quite awhile until all systems get whatever "features" that have been added/changed/upgraded ironed out.

adrian69
06-08-2016, 07:45 AM
I wonder what large mail queues means.

Isn't there a limit of just 50 and 50?

I would think that MONITORING adds even more lag. I am expecting the mail system to not work, now.

Yeah, I am wondering that too. I know mail doesn't delete like it says, and thank Khyber, as I think we all use for back AH storage.

royboy
06-08-2016, 08:56 AM
Great, to see continuous work on game performance.

Thank you - Docsin

emmanuelvargas
06-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Is there any way to apply that patch fast? I am on a mac and when an update occurs I have to dowload the WHOLE game and it a process of 3-4 hours, I believe PC users update really fast, How can I update fast on a MAC?

thanks in advance.

Kylstrem
06-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Is there any way to apply that patch fast? I am on a mac and when an update occurs I have to dowload the WHOLE game and it a process of 3-4 hours, I believe PC users update really fast, How can I update fast on a MAC?

Buy a PC

Cordovan
06-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I am wondering that too. I know mail doesn't delete like it says, and thank Khyber, as I think we all use for back AH storage.

Do not use the mail system for long-term storage, unless you enjoy losing things.

HazyOne
06-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Do not use the mail system for long-term storage, unless you enjoy losing things.

I've some things in the mail I would love to lose!

HazyOne

Lerincho
06-08-2016, 09:55 AM

It doesn't make sense that expired mail stays in the mail box. Whether it has attachment or not, EXPIRED should be gone.

Sierim
06-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Is that why I've logged into characters I literally haven't been on in years and find "Lotto Rewards" and newsletters about the Harbinger of Madness?

uknowddo
06-08-2016, 10:03 AM
Looks like the worlds are up... i'm logging in atm

Cordovan
06-08-2016, 10:05 AM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! We'll see you in-game.

fangblackhawk
06-08-2016, 10:09 AM

but but i 'm ok with losing items in my mail box if i haven't seen them in ages.... but the shards returned from the shard house sales disappearing if my comp breaks or i lose internet or just go on a long vacation is preposterous .... what about the buy back in stores there is VENDERTRASH IN MY BUY BACK FROM 5/6 YEARS AGO ON MY FIRST TOONS FIRST LIFE........ ya sure i may use the buy back cuz i was blotto playing and sold something by mistake or to get a second exclusive item to sell or trade cuz i am using one atm but clear the buy back b4 my shards PLEASE!!!!

Myranna
06-08-2016, 10:09 AM

thanks in advance.

Very odd, I'm on a Macbook Pro and it just patches properly on my system. What happens that makes you download the whole game again? While the patch process does take some time, it's no longer than the time it takes for PC users.

Flyingscot
06-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Dont kno if its just me being daft or something, but I cant find the new Monster Manual volume in the store

rsking
06-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Dont kno if its just me being daft or something, but I cant find the new Monster Manual volume in the store
isn't just you dude

Redgob
06-08-2016, 10:17 AM
So... does anyone with a premium account can see a new monster manual volume in ddo store? I see only volume 1 (which is free for premiums and I bought all the other volumes) just like before the update.

Edit: lol, posts about same thing appeared while I was typing mine...

PuppiesAndRainbows
06-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Monster Manual 7 not showing up in store.
Only Volume 1 is showing and I already have it and volumes 2-6.

Tried in game and load screen stores on different servers and its not available for purchase.

Compared to an account which has no manuals and all the volumes are there including the new volume 7.

Cordovan
06-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Monster Manual 7 not showing up in store.
Only Volume 1 is showing and I already have it and volumes 2-6.

Tried in game and load screen stores on different servers and its not available for purchase.

Compared to an account which has no manuals and all the volumes are there including the new volume 7.

Thanks for the reports. We've been investigating, and it looks like we will need to take the DDO Store down for a bit in order to fix this issue. We'll provide more info shortly.

LightBear
06-08-2016, 10:45 AM

Raises Finger... You might wanna check out my in game mail que.
It got so large by selling things on the AH and never taking things out.
Seems things keep being stuck on 1 day count down for way longer then it should.

Sierim
06-08-2016, 10:45 AM
From what I can tell, the new monster manual is as follows:
Drider, Drow, Bear, Purple Worm, Werewolf, Yuan-Ti, Draegloth, Dretch, Glabrezu, Monstrous Plant.

So, Menace of the Underdark races :D

Nonesuch2008
06-08-2016, 12:21 PM
I actually had this predicted for U32, but I'm happy to be wrong in this case :)

It has been a while, but I remember a Dev posting about possibly-maybe-unofficially working on a new MM edition that included Drow. This was prior to the last two editions, so I would say that this is due. *cough*

Cordovan
06-08-2016, 12:45 PM
The new Monster Manual is now displaying correctly for folks in the DDO Store.