PDA

View Full Version : twf fighter best weapon against bosses

Vanhooger
06-03-2016, 05:45 AM
Wich weapon would you consider best for a twf fighter against high fort boss and as of latest legendary quest with huge prr?

Jiirix
06-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Wich weapon would you consider best for a twf fighter against high fort boss and as of latest legendary quest with huge prr?

I don't have pair on my figther but I can tell you that dual celestias are often my tempests's best option against high PRR mobs.

Vanhooger
06-03-2016, 08:53 AM
I don't have pair on my figther but I can tell you that dual celestias are often my tempests's best option against high PRR mobs.

I do have arborea and that breaks celestia :( and no way to turn it off.

Loromir
06-03-2016, 09:43 AM

I would suggest TF Bastard swords or Dwarven Axes. Tier 1 - First Degree burns, Touch of Shadows. Tier 2 - Dragons Edge, Wrath of Shadows. Tier 3 - Mortal Fear, Burning Emptieness

BigErkyKid
06-03-2016, 09:53 AM

The best TWF weapon is obviously a khopesh. Not much you can do against PRR (nothing AFAIK), but for fort the standard would be a T2 TF with dragon's edge. If you are referring to the golem, then blasting chime (from challenges) is a very good debuff for constructs that equips in trinket. Deconstructor augment is very typical too...

Eth
06-03-2016, 10:01 AM

Some of the 4 bosses at the start of shroud part 5 seem to have PRR and MRR though? At least my celestia does next to no damage on them first number.

I personally still prefer 1stdegree/dragons edge/Reinvigoration + ToEE set and Celestias for some DR breaking (no idea though if ToEE set is more DPS than simply using a higher DPS weapon, haven't done the math on that for my build).
Other than that LGS vacuum is pretty much useful for any build because it gives you max vulnerability in seconds, but it's enough when one person is using that on a boss (and after that you can easily keep the stacks with first degree etc anyway).

Btw Legendary Dust can reduce enemy PRR, no idea how effective it is though?

Tilomere
06-03-2016, 10:35 AM
A 1H LGS vacuum.

Vanhooger
06-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Some of the 4 bosses at the start of shroud part 5 seem to have PRR and MRR though? At least my celestia does next to no damage on them first number.

I personally still prefer 1stdegree/dragons edge/Reinvigoration + ToEE set and Celestias for some DR breaking (no idea though if ToEE set is more DPS than simply using a higher DPS weapon, haven't done the math on that for my build).
Other than that LGS vacuum is pretty much useful for any build because it gives you max vulnerability in seconds, but it's enough when one person is using that on a boss (and after that you can easily keep the stacks with first degree etc anyway).

Btw Legendary Dust can reduce enemy PRR, no idea how effective it is though?

I was thinking of legendary dust too, but no idea if & how it work/stacks.

You find useful reinvigoration even on boss? I usually find it handier while running the quest to get to the boss. There is nearly always a shrine before boss, as well pure fighter does have a bit more boost, but I suppose you are playing a ranger.

As well as a kensai would prefer to stick with his main weapon as it has all the damage boost.