PDA

View Full Version : Simple Wolf

Tilomere
05-29-2016, 03:43 PM
del

unbongwah
06-03-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure you can call this a "non-exploit" build when you're still taking TWF feats, the one thing we know for certain isn't WAI. :rolleyes: That being said, a few questions:

Have you tested to figure out what in Kensei works with wolf form? In particular, do the crit bonuses from SwNT + Keen Edge + One Cut apply?
Likewise, are you sure the atk speed bonuses from VG apply to wolves?
How are you getting 60 Melee Power from Kensei? 20 from One w/Blade, 20 from One Cut, so where's the other 20? If you're counting Weap Focus / Spec feats, that's only +8.

unbongwah
06-03-2016, 02:31 PM
It is non-exploit because while it isn't the ultimate goal of NF being the proper fighting feat line, the developers said they were intentionally leaving it in for now and monitoring it's use. So for now it is working as allowed.
Really? When did they say that? I can't recall an official dev comment about wolf builds - apart from cryptic "yes, we know they're broken" msgs - since Cordo confirmed the TWF bugs (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424332-TWF-feats-now-work-with-Wolf-and-Bear-forms-is-this-wai?p=5110235&viewfull=1#post5110235) almost 3 years ago. If they're deliberately ignoring the bugs for now, that would be a pleasant surprise.

Opportunity Attack 20 for 60 from kensai
Ah, I see: the wiki page for Kensei hasn't been updated for U31.1, so it doesn't list Opportunity Atk; that's what I was missing.

In practice, though, can you actually sustain OA's MP bonus indefinitely?

Opportunity Attack: 2 charges, melee attack - Deals +3[W] damage, gain +20 Melee Power for six seconds. Each time an opponent is damaged, but no more than once per second, there is a 10% chance to add a charge up to a maximum of two.
So if I'm reading that right, when you activate it, you have a 60% chance of proccing a 2nd stack before it expires; if successful, you now have 2 stacks which last up to 12 secs, giving you that much time to keep it going. So it all depends on that first six secs, I guess...

unbongwah
06-03-2016, 02:47 PM
I was reading that as "10% chance every second" rather than "10% chance every hit (but no more than one proc per sec)." The latter would mean a much higher proc chance, hence my question.

Krelar
06-03-2016, 02:54 PM
I was reading that as "10% chance every second" rather than "10% chance every hit (but no more than one proc per sec)." The latter would mean a much higher proc chance, hence my question.

I've been running a wolf build for about a week and can almost always keep opportunity attack up so it must be per hit.

unbongwah
06-03-2016, 05:17 PM
I've been running a wolf build for about a week and can almost always keep opportunity attack up so it must be per hit.
Nice! Do you know if the Kensei crit bonuses work with wolf form?

Krelar
06-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Nice! Do you know if the Kensei crit bonuses work with wolf form?

Keen edge and strike with no thought's crit bonuses don't seem to work. :( I don't have 18 fighter levels so I don't know about one cut.