PDA

View Full Version : One Cut and Haste Boost

adrian69
05-23-2016, 07:45 PM
Simple question. It was brought up to me when I posted a theory build a week ago that haste boost and One Cut once shared a CD. Can anyone varify if this still the case?

adrian69
05-25-2016, 01:25 AM
One Cut is on its own timer and is no longer an action boost.

the_one_dwarfforged
05-25-2016, 01:55 AM
havent gotten to test it yet.

since you apparently can, or know someone who can, mind checking to see if it ****s with arti type weapon buffs? kinda worried about that given the description.

the_one_dwarfforged
06-02-2016, 09:25 PM
one cut cancels silence of the tasty hams shadow weapons.

i assume it cancels other arti weapon buffs. this is not good.

Eryhn
06-02-2016, 09:30 PM
one cut cancels silence of the tasty hams shadow weapons.

i assume it cancels other arti weapon buffs. this is not good.

mh. not good is an understatement? how about incredibly stupid lazy way of coding like sth else and not considering repercussions?

inb4 they wiggle out of it implying its wai cause deadly wpns + one cut too op

facepalm

the_one_dwarfforged
06-03-2016, 02:02 AM
mh. not good is an understatement? how about incredibly stupid lazy way of coding like sth else and not considering repercussions?

inb4 they wiggle out of it implying its wai cause deadly wpns + one cut too op

facepalm

right? cause holy sword, that used to be an individual weapon buff and stacked with arti buffs. and at the time, it was an unprecedented extra crit multiplier that other classes didnt have access to. except it had 100% up time. and paladins can bypass good dr without have to gear or buff for it. so yea. obviously one cut active + arti buffs is much more op.

the_one_dwarfforged
06-09-2016, 05:03 AM
one cut is also no longer counted as an action boost, meaning the cd is always 60 seconds. so not only was this changed from not being an action boost, but its also coded as the worse option as far as weapon buffs go. for...what reason exactly? can we just have a good reason at least? please?

JOTMON
06-09-2016, 07:18 AM
one cut is also no longer counted as an action boost, meaning the cd is always 60 seconds. so not only was this changed from not being an action boost, but its also coded as the worse option as far as weapon buffs go. for...what reason exactly? can we just have a good reason at least? please?

wasn't your reason good enough from this thread..
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/475541-One-Cut-nerfed-REALLY-!

~snip~
this is a buff of unholy and awesome proportions.

another 20 free mp for 1 ap is great, hands down.

the crit buff is also awesome, and even with the lower duration id say has the potential even in heroics to be more damage than vorpal is. vorpal is effectively +5 dmg per hit. if +20 mp really only equates to +2 damage for you because you only play in heroics or whatever other reason you want, then the +1 multi only has to be +3.1 dmg per hit to be better. additionally, if its cd no longer puts haste on cd as well, which they said would be the case, then this becomes an ability which has 0% up time to an ability which has 25% uptime in heroics, and you can also take haste boost now instead of not. seems like a clear win to me.

in either case, this change barely affects heroics, because there is only 1 heroic build that is going to even have this ability.

but honestly, this is more about epics. because you have more base damage, mp scaling is better in epics, so its a lot more than +2 dmg. also mobs have more hp, which means you crits arent blatantly overkill, so that +1 multi is really nice. and you should be in dreadnaught as a melee in epics which means the uptime is going to be more like 37.5%. so...human damage boost + haste boost + one cut = dead boss really quick. looooooooooovin it.

the_one_dwarfforged
06-09-2016, 09:47 PM
wasn't your reason good enough from this thread..
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/475541-One-Cut-nerfed-REALLY-!

it is a good enough reason.

however you can tell in that thread i wasnt aware they were going to change the enhancement from an action boost to a generic buff clicky. i suppose i really should have noticed it no longer had charges, but i guess i still expected it to be affected by action hero.

really, the non action boost part i can live with, its the buff type part that blows beyond belief.