PDA

View Full Version : Notice of Impact: Argonnessen, Thursday, May 12th 6:00 - 8:00 PM Eastern

Cordovan
05-12-2016, 04:10 PM
As part of our continuing investigation to improve game performance, we will be enabling some tech tonight on Argonnessen that will have an impact for players on that world from 6:00 - 8:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). This is a temporary test to gather information necessary to our investigation.

We expect the tech to have the following impact:

Haywire Foundry will not be able to be completed.
Moving platforms in the Cannith Manufactury will no longer move, which blocks access to Schemes of the Enemy, The Master Artificer, The Lord of Blades, and the Artificer Workshops and Research Facility.

It is possible there will be other impacts as well. This change will be in place for two hours tonight, after which point we will turn it off, gather the results, and use those results in our ongoing investigation. We apologize for the inconvenience to players on Argonnessen.

Ebondevil
05-12-2016, 04:53 PM
Thursday, 12 May 2016, 18:00:00 EDT GMT-4 hours
Thursday, 12 May 2016, 22:00:00 UTC GMT
Thursday, 12 May 2016, 23:00:00 BST GMT+1 hour
Friday, 13 May 2016, 00:00:00 CEST GMT+2 hours
Friday, 13 May 2016, 01:00:00 EEST GMT+3 hours
Thursday, 12 May 2016, 17:00:00 CDT GMT-5 hours
Thursday, 12 May 2016, 16:00:00 MDT GMT-6 hours
Thursday, 12 May 2016, 15:00:00 PDT GMT-7 hours

Andu_Indorin
05-12-2016, 07:09 PM
It is possible there will be other impacts as well. This change will be in place for two hours tonight, after which point we will turn it off, gather the results, and use those results in our ongoing investigation. We apologize for the inconvenience to players on Argonnessen.

Are you guys following up on a lead that Bryan Pagliano's missing emails may be found behind a power conduit in Haywire's Foundry or Cannith Manufactury?

kbaskins
05-12-2016, 07:22 PM
One thing I noticed is that logging into a toon was very very fast. Often I stand on the deck of my ship, frozen for three or four minutes, while all the data associated with my toon is processed. Now I can move almost instantly. I switched toons several times, just to make sure it wasn't an aberration, but every time it was very speedy.

Also, switching to a different zone was much quicker too.

I don't know if this was your intention, but it's stunningly faster.

I've been soloing quests, so I have nothing to report about lag in dungeons with a large group.

arkonas
05-12-2016, 07:43 PM
not me it me over 5 mins to log in. i was stuck on loading screen then frozen on my ship. i didn't notice much lag but the startup was not smooth. this was at the start of the service.

knightgf
05-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Haywire Foundry will not be able to be completed.

Really? How strange. Are you going to be conducting your studies at the Haywire Foundry? If so, id move if I were you, the last time I was there, he was experimenting with warforged and they all tried to kill me!

Ague
05-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Really? How strange. Are you going to be conducting your studies at the Haywire Foundry? If so, id move if I were you, the last time I was there, he was experimenting with warforged and they all tried to kill me!

not to mention the place blew up!

Kompera_Oberon
05-13-2016, 04:10 AM
Are you guys following up on a lead that Bryan Pagliano's missing emails may be found behind a power conduit in Haywire's Foundry or Cannith Manufactury?

I don't know about Bryan Pagliano, but I know what Brian Boitano would do!

What would Brian Boitano do
If he was here right now?
He'd make a plan and he'd follow through
That's what Brian Boitano do

When Brian Boitano was in the Olympics
Skatin' for the gold
He did two Salchows and a triple Lutz
While wearing a blindfold

When Brian Boitano was in the Alps
Fighting grizzly bears
He used his magical fire breath
And saved the maiden fair

So what would Brian Boitano do
If were here today?
I'm sure he'd kick a rear or two

I want this V-chip out of me
It has stunted my vocabulary
And I just want my mom to stop fighting everyone
For Wendy I'll be an activist too
'Cause that's what Brian Boitano do

And what would Brian Boitano do?
He'd call the kids in town
And tell them to unite for truth

When Brian Boitano traveled
Through time to the year 3010
He fought the evil robot king
And saved the human race again

And when Brian Boitano built
The pyramids, he beat up Kubla Kahn
'Cause Brian Boitano doesn't
Take **** from anybody

So let's get all the kids together
And unite to stop our moms
And we'll save Terance and Phillip too

And we'll save Terance and Phillip too

Spoonwelder
05-14-2016, 06:23 PM
I am having trouble trying to figure out what Haywire and the moving platforms in Cannith have to do with each other and/or lag.....but me.....I am smart like dumptruck so.....

Flavilandile
05-16-2016, 06:10 AM
I am having trouble trying to figure out what Haywire and the moving platforms in Cannith have to do with each other and/or lag.....but me.....I am smart like dumptruck so.....

Moving Stuff... you can probably all all the quests with a bridge that needs to be lowered to the list of things that couldn't work during that test.
( Splinterskull; some Korthos, Harbor, Market quests; VON5; ... )