PDA

View Full Version : PRR MRR Help.

ifumoveudie
05-09-2016, 06:21 PM
I have a level 27 barbarian that I have built using the Zoda build for foundation, and am suffering from lack of PRR and MRR. I have the Platemail of the Ceseltisal Avenger, and Flawless Shadow Guardian armor in the bank, waiting to level up to gear it, but I need some help on where to go from there. I have not aquired a lot fo the gear that I want, or need, currently my gear list inclusdes: Bracers of Twisting Shade, Consuming Darkness, Mythic Minos, and Dumathoins. What would be the optimal gear set for my guy? I kept to the THF build idea, but instead of mauls, I use axes and great swords. ATM, I am carrying Riftmaker, a MinII, upgraded Terror, a tier 2 TF axe of shadow, and a tier 2 TF axe of flame, with Giants Fist, a Mornelode Maul, and epic Fury of the Flame to round out the set. My biggest drawback in game is that my MRR is at 10, and PRR is at 58. This is one area I really need some help with.

Enoach
05-09-2016, 06:46 PM
I recommend checking out the Wiki
PRR - http://ddowiki.com/page/Physical_Resistance_Rating

MRR - http://ddowiki.com/page/Magical_Resistance_Rating

Both links will outline the current sources of PRR & MRR be it Heroic/Epic feats, Past Lives, enhancements and Available Enchantment (Gear) Types from Standard, Insightful, and Quality.

You can then use this to outline exactly which you can bring into your build to improve your PRR/MRR.

One thing to also consider when dealing with reflex saves on a barbarian is Uncanny dodge - You would be surprised at the number of Barbarians and Rogues that forget this ability. It is easy to forget about an ability that has a cooldown restriction, but it does grant 25% dodge (can't exceed your cap) and bonus to dodge means increased chance of 0 damage which can be just as valuable as more PRR and +4 Reflex Save helps with Some spells as well as traps to help reduce the damage you would have taken otherwise.

adrian69
05-09-2016, 08:28 PM
I have a level 27 barbarian that I have built using the Zoda build for foundation, and am suffering from lack of PRR and MRR. I have the Platemail of the Ceseltisal Avenger, and Flawless Shadow Guardian armor in the bank, waiting to level up to gear it, but I need some help on where to go from there. I have not aquired a lot fo the gear that I want, or need, currently my gear list inclusdes: Bracers of Twisting Shade, Consuming Darkness, Mythic Minos, and Dumathoins. What would be the optimal gear set for my guy? I kept to the THF build idea, but instead of mauls, I use axes and great swords. ATM, I am carrying Riftmaker, a MinII, upgraded Terror, a tier 2 TF axe of shadow, and a tier 2 TF axe of flame, with Giants Fist, a Mornelode Maul, and epic Fury of the Flame to round out the set. My biggest drawback in game is that my MRR is at 10, and PRR is at 58. This is one area I really need some help with.

Yeah, your PRR seems a lot low. I don't particularly care about your MRR unless you're trying to run LE content, which well, it seems you are, so nevermind.

Ok, Medium armor is PRR equal 3/4s BAB (15 PRR at 20) and Heavy is full BAB (20 PRR at 20). However, heavy armor is only a decent option when wearing TF below health for 40 DR. Medium armor will grant you more PRR (+5 PRR more from Greater Rage, so 10 PRR total, and it also gives you +10 Melee Power, which you lose out on in heavy armor). Medium also allows for more dodge (up to 16%) and is superior for a barbarian without evasion.

I am guessing that you do not have 25+ PRR/MRR item equipped, which you can find some good lootgen out there until you end up with Sightless or other high named item with 36+PRR on it.

The heavy armor was a thing when Zoda made his build if I recall. Try going medium, pick up a Defensive Item, and a dodge item and your survivability should improve greatly.

unbongwah
05-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Ok, Medium armor is PRR equal 3/4s BAB (15 PRR at 20) and Heavy is full BAB (20 PRR at 20). However, heavy armor is only a decent option when wearing TF below health for 40 DR. Medium armor will grant you more PRR (+5 PRR more from Greater Rage, so 10 PRR total, and it also gives you +10 Melee Power, which you lose out on in heavy armor). Medium also allows for more dodge (up to 16%) and is superior for a barbarian without evasion.
Since the U28 armor nerf, on pure barbs (or other med-armor-only classes like druids and FvS) it basically boils down to whether you want to use Shadow Guardian armor, which is only available on heavy. If you do, you take the hvy armor prof feat; if you don't, you stick with med armor and save a feat - maybe spend it on epic DR?

By lvl 27, IMO you should have at a minimum a Guardian's Ring (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Guardian%27s_Ring_%28Level_27%29) until you can acquire / equip something better. Since OP says their MRR is only 10, clearly they don't even have that yet. :( You may also want to consider investing APs into OS for more MRR until you upgrade your gear; you take a DPS hit w/out Storm's Eye, but the DPS of any soulstone is still zero. 21 APs into OS gains you +20 MRR (Parrying + Guarding Bond, lvl 12 core) and a few other perks; Knockout is definitely nice to have.

ifumoveudie
05-10-2016, 06:21 PM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Platemail_of_the_Celestial_Avenger

This is the best item I have dealing with MRR/PRR. But, I can't wear it yet. I have looked into the OS line for a bit more in hte area, and it is helping a bit, but I did take a hit to dps, though not by much. I took a 3 month break, and I am going to keep at least 2 toons capped to raid farm for gear, but the new game is a bit different than it was 6 years ago when I first started playing.

Robbenklopper
05-12-2016, 05:41 AM
Yeah, your PRR seems a lot low. I don't particularly care about your MRR unless you're trying to run LE content, which well, it seems you are, so nevermind.

I am guessing that you do not have 25+ PRR/MRR item equipped, which you can find some good lootgen out there until you end up with Sightless or other high named item with 36+PRR on it.

The heavy armor was a thing when Zoda made his build if I recall. Try going medium, pick up a Defensive Item, and a dodge item and your survivability should improve greatly.

With that said, would you recommend http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Scalemail_of_the_Celestial_Avenger over TF HArmor? I´m thinking about coz of the DS, but am not sure, so my question.