PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Thursday, April 21st 1:00 - 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
04-21-2016, 10:07 AM
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened. Thank you!

The DDO game worlds will be brought down for maintenance on Thursday, April 21st from 1:00 - 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). This is being done to implement the changes made yesterday to Argonnessen and Wayfinder to the other game worlds, and necessitates that all worlds be brought down. Thank you.

Dandonk
04-21-2016, 10:11 AM
Right, no DDO today either. Oh, well.

Cordovan
04-21-2016, 10:12 AM
Right, no DDO today either. Oh, well.

Sorry, but the results of yesterday's work on Argo and Wayfinder were positive, and we want to bring these changes to the other worlds as soon as we can.

fearlossPhiction
04-21-2016, 10:19 AM
great that you are doing this but unfortunately it wipes out a large chunk of Europeans play time (6 or 7pm to 8 or 9pm) :-(

Lerincho
04-21-2016, 10:20 AM
Sorry, but the results of yesterday's work on Argo and Wayfinder were positive, and we want to bring these changes to the other worlds as soon as we can.

Don't apologize for trying to make the game more enjoyable. Yes it means downtime; however, considering the screams for something to be done, do not apologize for doing your job.

Vulkoorex
04-21-2016, 10:21 AM

I know you played the Druids chain on EE yesterday on Wayfinder. What were the positive results you were looking for?

Cordovan
04-21-2016, 10:25 AM
I know you played the Druids chain on EE yesterday on Wayfinder. What were the positive results you were looking for?

It's important to not let anecdotal evidence overly weigh against other factors, but in general while running quests on Wayfinder, Argo, and Thelanis (as a comparison) yesterday post-downtime I was looking for less stutter-step lag, smoother and more accurate data communication (things like hit detection, damage numbers, etc.) along with the basic overall experience. My experience was positive, and the limited feedback I've been getting from raiders has been overall positive as well.

Rhysem
04-21-2016, 10:29 AM
It's important to not let anecdotal evidence overly weigh against other factors, but in general while running quests on Wayfinder, Argo, and Thelanis (as a comparison) yesterday post-downtime I was looking for less stutter-step lag, smoother and more accurate data communication (things like hit detection, damage numbers, etc.) along with the basic overall experience. My experience was positive, and the limited feedback I've been getting from raiders has been overall positive as well.

Open up llama-land with U31 to distract us? ;-)

FuzzyDuck81
04-21-2016, 10:32 AM
A shame i lose most of this evening's prime playing time.. but meh, if it improves things ongoing, i just got the force awakens on dvd, i'm good.

Seikojin
04-21-2016, 10:47 AM

Yeah, how is the player density on those 3 servers? I know that scaling resources is not too difficult, so hopefully these changes were to align the types of resource quality with the data sets being used, so scaling can be done to handle load. :)

dunklezhan
04-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Are ALL the game worlds coming down, or just the ones you didn't apply the patch to yesterday?

Lerincho
04-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Are ALL the game worlds coming down, or just the ones you didn't apply the patch to yesterday?

He stated in OP that ALL worlds.

trevitt
04-21-2016, 11:12 AM

Okay positive change is good but lets hope this isn't a start of daily downtimes.

trevitt
04-21-2016, 11:17 AM
Will there be any new playable content in U31. Oh please say yes. New items to farm for will be a lot more enjoyable if they are from new content.

Grimgnaw
04-21-2016, 11:22 AM
Cordovan and team Thank You!
The work that has been done has been very good. I have been playing lag free after your fix to Wayfinder.

I have not seen any hits after a monster was dead so far last 2 days.

small stutters at times they only last oh 2 sec so far in quests.

In town no lag spikes or freezing last 2 days.

Have not done any raids pop is way down so hard to get one going.

deneth arrow quivers do not auto gather if equipped . still a issue please look into this later.

Thank You for your hard work team!

Grimgnaw

Cordovan
04-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Will there be any new playable content in U31. Oh please say yes. New items to farm for will be a lot more enjoyable if they are from new content.

Yes, Update 31 has new quests.

LrdSlvrhnd
04-21-2016, 11:36 AM
deneth arrow quivers do not auto gather if equipped . still a issue please look into this later.

Not just the Deneith quivers, it's all quivers. Because when equipped they're technically no longer in your inventory, and "bags will no longer auto-gather when not in your inventory".

Be nice if they'd implement changes across the boards at once, though I can understand they want a control group. Oh well, I was able to finish teh quest I was in, and I should probably go enjoy the nice weather anyway *g*

dunklezhan
04-21-2016, 11:47 AM
He stated in OP that ALL worlds.

He did, but mistyping happens all the time right? Anyway, I have seen the countdown on Argo so its a moot point now!

Cruxader
04-21-2016, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the continued attention. If you have to bring the servers down every day to fix the lag please do so.
Its obviously better for the long-term success of the game to keep the focus on eliminating the lag completely, then to worry about short term inconveniences while working to fix the key issue with this otherwise great game.

OrodelaSol
04-21-2016, 12:08 PM
wayfinder has like 10 people on most times...not a good representation...but they cannot fix the problems without bringing worlds down so hopefully this improves all worlds

snook59
04-21-2016, 12:08 PM
I missed the post about the down time today. I always check but had my head was where the sun doesn't shine and I just missed it. Anyway, halfway through The Blood Road I see the message the worlds will be brought down in 9 seconds please log out. I was a little miffed at my own stupidity at first but now I find it pretty darn funny :).

Good Luck with the fixes.

Chimmy
04-21-2016, 12:12 PM
That's great, but is there a reason why you had to wait exactly 24 hours before bringing down all servers again to do this? Seems like you could have done it 12 hours or more ago, but hey that would have been slightly inconvenient for the Americans I guess, can't have that.

Gremmlynn
04-21-2016, 12:22 PM
That's great, but is there a reason why you had to wait exactly 24 hours before bringing down all servers again to do this? Seems like you could have done it 12 hours or more ago, but hey that would have been slightly inconvenient for the Americans I guess, can't have that.Likely because that's when the people at Turbine and the data center actually have people on the job to do it.

OrodelaSol
04-21-2016, 12:24 PM
when is update 31 scheduled?

royboy
04-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Thanks for all of the recent efforts in tackling the lag monster.

Docsin

Grandern_Marn
04-21-2016, 12:26 PM
when is update 31 scheduled?

First iteration of Lammania should be up within a week or so, update would be a couple weeks after that. I would say sometime in May.

Docsin

Agree!

Bolo_Grubb
04-21-2016, 12:31 PM
Well bummer I was about to log in and slay evil undead beasts for a bit, but hey if the downtime improves lag. I am all for it.

Galad1
04-21-2016, 12:32 PM

Its head should be on a pike outside Stormreach to warn other similar creatures to stay away!

trevitt
04-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Yes, Update 31 has new quests.

Awesome! Thank you for responding.

Vulkoorex
04-21-2016, 12:57 PM

Nice.

But you need to beef up your Barbarian. Kinda squishy :p

Cordovan
04-21-2016, 01:25 PM
The worlds have reopened. Thank you!

uknowddo
04-21-2016, 01:25 PM
On Ghallanda at least

Dandonk
04-21-2016, 01:26 PM
The worlds have reopened. Thank you!

OK, it could've been worse. Hopefully it will help with lag in raids!

tapster
04-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Guild buffs have reset on my airship and some of the buffs I already owned have changed to get and place. Is this a just wait a while thing for stuff to repopulate?

Cordovan
04-21-2016, 01:34 PM
Guild buffs have reset on my airship and some of the buffs I already owned have changed to get and place. Is this a just wait a while thing for stuff to repopulate?

Yes, give it up to an hour and things should be back.

Amundir
04-21-2016, 01:48 PM

Heh, the number of times you've had to say that, might as well put it in your sig...

LrdSlvrhnd
04-21-2016, 01:55 PM
Heh, the number of times you've had to say that, might as well put it in your sig...

I've been saying for a while now that it should just be a standard part of the "Worlds are back up!" notice.

Lerincho
04-21-2016, 02:01 PM

I say just stop opening them early and open them once the amenities script runs.

Giedon
04-21-2016, 02:18 PM
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened. Thank you!

The DDO game worlds will be brought down for maintenance on Thursday, April 21st from 1:00 - 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). This is being done to implement the changes made yesterday to Argonnessen and Wayfinder to the other game worlds, and necessitates that all worlds be brought down. Thank you.

Just like to report completed this raid for the first time in weeks. Trying again with hopefully a higher server population on EH.

EH DOJ, got to boss and failed due to player error. This shows improvement to me.

GOOD JOB!

Pomdude
04-21-2016, 04:01 PM
Just ran sentinels chain and still areas of rubberbanding despite being solo and in a not very demanding quest.
Overall very marginally better but not significant to install complete confidence yet.

Mystice
04-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Your last patch didnt fix anything, the one you implemented to all servers today, before i had a little lag but surviveble, now i play for 6-7 min then i freeze lag for 2-3 min being pushed around on the screen and end up dead if i was in combat, my sister has the exact same problem.

tapster
04-21-2016, 05:10 PM
I've just finished playing since the worlds came up and it was pleasantly lag free on Ghallanda

Ebondevil
04-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Not sure what changes you made today, but I can't log into any characters now, just get a Red X and disconnect from server.

Both before and after the patch...

Kompera_Oberon
04-23-2016, 02:36 AM
Not just the Deneith quivers, it's all quivers. Because when equipped they're technically no longer in your inventory, and "bags will no longer auto-gather when not in your inventory".

Oooohhhh! Now I understand. I never put together the "bags still auto-gather even after being destroyed" fix with the "quivers won't auto-gather in your quiver slot bug" before. Thank you!

My work-around: Carry another quiver. Annoying, but effective when you plan on running all of the quests in an area without stops to sell/repair/rebuff and don't want your inventory cluttered up with arrows/bolts. And yeah, I know I can leave them to rot in the chest, but I almost always just hit 'loot all' and move on.

LrdSlvrhnd
04-23-2016, 05:03 PM
I say just stop opening them early and open them once the amenities script runs.

Except when I logged on shortly after they came back, my amenities were still there. I'm glad I didn't have to wait an extra half hour or hour or whatever.

Oooohhhh! Now I understand. I never put together the "bags still auto-gather even after being destroyed" fix with the "quivers won't auto-gather in your quiver slot bug" before. Thank you!

My work-around: Carry another quiver. Annoying, but effective when you plan on running all of the quests in an area without stops to sell/repair/rebuff and don't want your inventory cluttered up with arrows/bolts. And yeah, I know I can leave them to rot in the chest, but I almost always just hit 'loot all' and move on.

I've always carried a second quiver on characters who actually have arrows/bolts - one equipped full of Cannith Crafted/Deneith ammo, and one wide to gather all the junk arrows I loot. The ones who simply don't range (or use a thrower when they absolutely have to) like my warlock, druid, etc. I've simply moved their quivers out. Because yeah, I always just hit loot-all too lol