PDA

View Full Version : Advices on a WF Shiradi

Aglabac
04-14-2016, 10:46 AM
Long time since my overpowered Sorcerer, so I? a bit lost. I imagine Empower, MAximize, Completionist (I love it and I can) and now starts my dudes: Quicken (for Reconstrution) almost a must in EE, Heighten? I saw it in a lot of build now in Sorcerer, Mental T and IMT for critical B, Shields Prof or just Skyvault?, Evocation F?, fire-Air for heroic, Air-cold for Epic? I know Air depends on Evoc F but I have tons of PL for that,Do I need Evocation F and Twist?
Ty and sorry for my poor English

AbyssalMage
04-17-2016, 12:02 AM
Pure Sorc?

1. Max
3. Empower
6. Quicken
9. Comp.
12. SF: Evoc.
15. MT
18. IMT

No clue for Epic levels now that they added all of the new Epic Feats for 21 through 30. GL.

Aglabac
04-20-2016, 01:39 PM
Yes I´d like to be pure Sorcerer. Is Adamantine Body worth a feat and AP?

Belgarath22
04-21-2016, 02:33 AM
Hello, for a shiradii I woudnt take the feats Evo Focus and Heighten, quicken yes for sure. Then toughness, epic tougness maybe..

But I think a split would be better for a shiradi, than a pure sorcerer.

Here I paste some recent* builds and posts:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455095-Shiradi-Wizard-Plan-For-First-Lifers
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/470983-Theory-craft-Wildmage?p=5769471&viewfull=1#post5769471

(those from this post)

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/472438-Shirardi-caster

Aglabac
04-28-2016, 10:27 AM
18 sorc atm, kd inmunity and paralyze inmun are great... So 18/2 fvs, 18/1/1 wiz,fvs? Is there a significant difference with adamantine body? Prr, Mrr I mean

Discpsycho
04-28-2016, 11:08 AM
Adamantine body gives you the PRR/MRR equivalent of full plate - 2x BAB to PRR. As a level 20 pure caster (sorc, wiz, FvS), you'll have 10 BAB, which will give you 20 PRR. By 30 you'll have 15 BAB for a total of 30 bonus PRR. Unfortunately, it also grants 35% ASF. A Sapphire of Spell Agility can drop this by 20%, but you'll still have 15% ASF unless you make some heavy investments in the Sorc EK tree.

Regarding your class split, I think the major factor is the bonus feat from Wizard. If you adjust AbyssalMage's build to include Heighten (swapping out IMT? Not really sure. You could always take Heighten in epic levels), I don't think you necessarily need the Wizard feat, which would probably be something like Greater Spell Focus for another +1 to DCs. The benefits of FvS 2 are access to Just Reward (temp SP on crits), 2% fire crit chance, and another efficient metamagic. Though they'd require some AP investment, I'd argue these are better than a single feat

Enoach
04-28-2016, 11:23 AM
On a pure sorcerer going with the Shiradi approach

The feats I would go with as a minimum

Empower
Maximize
Focus Feat - Be it a single school or the Wizard Past Life to get all schools
Heighten <- Keep in mind if your spell is being saved against with max DC mode you can save spell points by turning it off.
Intensify Spell (Epic Level 24)

As a Warforged/Bladeforge you will want Quicken for your Healing ability.

Mental Toughness line is also good, but I think it is really up to your playstyle. If you are the type that turns it up to 11 all the time when 1 is enough then all the extra SP you can get is a good idea.

As for the Adimantine body, I think the biggest challenge is dealing with the 35% ASF. Using Tensor's Transformation will give you all you need for the BaB for the PRR calculation at a cost of DCs etc.

Depending on your available resources this may or may not be an issue for you. Stepping down to Mithrel would be an easier to reach goal and still grant some protection.

Aglabac
04-29-2016, 02:39 AM
On a pure sorcerer going with the Shiradi approach

The feats I would go with as a minimum

Empower
Maximize
Focus Feat - Be it a single school or the Wizard Past Life to get all schools
Heighten <- Keep in mind if your spell is being saved against with max DC mode you can save spell points by turning it off.
Intensify Spell (Epic Level 24)

As a Warforged/Bladeforge you will want Quicken for your Healing ability.

Mental Toughness line is also good, but I think it is really up to your playstyle. If you are the type that turns it up to 11 all the time when 1 is enough then all the extra SP you can get is a good idea.

As for the Adimantine body, I think the biggest challenge is dealing with the 35% ASF. Using Tensor's Transformation will give you all you need for the BaB for the PRR calculation at a cost of DCs etc.

Depending on your available resources this may or may not be an issue for you. Stepping down to Mithrel would be an easier to reach goal and still grant some protection.

-15 ASf from WF tree, -5 ASF EK, -20 ASF Blue augment, but I will try wo Adamantine body first:
Empower, max, Heighten, Complet, MT, IMT, Quicken (Heroic) If I felt too weak vs champions, I´d try with Adamantine (using free feat change) and redoing AP

Belgarath22
04-29-2016, 07:19 PM
-15 ASf from WF tree, -5 ASF EK, -20 ASF Blue augment, but I will try wo Adamantine body first:
Empower, max, Heighten, Complet, MT, IMT, Quicken (Heroic) If I felt too weak vs champions, I´d try with Adamantine (using free feat change) and redoing AP

They will be a problem mainly on EE, try the displace/jump kiting combo too

slarden
05-02-2016, 08:54 PM

I think the mental toughness line should always be taken. The extra 3% crit chance is really that much better than ever with all the ways to boost crit damage in the game now.

Eth
05-03-2016, 07:59 AM
I think the mental toughness line should always be taken. The extra 3% crit chance is really that much better than ever with all the ways to boost crit damage in the game now.

Agreed for the heroic mental toughness feats, but you don't pick epic mental toughness over wellspring of power, do you?