PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Tuesday, March 29th 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Cordovan
03-28-2016, 04:28 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you!

The game worlds will be brought down for maintenance on Tuesday, March 28th from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). This downtime will be used to make adjustments at our data center to improve game performance. When the worlds reopen, two game worlds will have one configuration change on them, two will have a different change, and all will have had a GLS dll update applied to them.

When the worlds reopen, we would like to continue to get your experiences and reports. Please provide the following information:

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
3. Approximate location of your computer (East Cost, London, Tokyo, on a boat in the Pacific, alternate reality x87, etc.)
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class
7. Number of players in the group
8. Anything else you think we should know

Thanks!

IntrepidBear
03-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Thankyou Cordovan,
I know this must bring you all quite the stress, just wanted to send good thoughts that all works out well, and leads to finding solutions and fruition ...

so,
from 'Lem'.. Throwing down the Love

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj524/Tooruk/seedsoflove.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/Tooruk/media/seedsoflove.jpg.html)

Faltout
03-28-2016, 05:05 PM
Question:
What is the target performance that you expect to achieve after all the adjustments and fixes are done?

To elaborate: Before the data center move, there was a lot of lag as well. Especially in raids like deathwyrm, CitW, DoJ, MoD. Also in quests. I get the feeling that the current changes applied are only to make the new data center work like the old one. So, do you expect to see that those raids are being run mostly smoothly at some point in the future, or will you stop with the adjustments after the population that runs non problematic content can run fine?

Enoach
03-28-2016, 05:18 PM
So a triple blind test?

It will be interesting to see who at Turbine wins the bet on the best way to resolve the issue.

DANTEIL
03-28-2016, 05:22 PM
When the worlds reopen, two game worlds will have one configuration change on them, two will have a different change, and all will have had a GLS dll update applied to them.

Ooh! Science! My empirical heart approves. Just as long as I'm not playing on the control server.

blerkington
03-28-2016, 05:30 PM
Hi,

If we were dealing with unknowns, this approach might make more sense.

But configuring servers so they work properly is not the same as scientifically investigating an area currently outside the scope of human knowledge.

What this says to me is, we don't know what we're doing so we'll try some different things and hope one of them works.

I hope it provides some useful information, I really do. But I find this approach alarming rather than reassuring.

Thanks.

DagazUlf
03-28-2016, 05:33 PM
and all will have had a GLS dll update applied to them

Acronyms are great and all, but what does GLS even mean?

Andu_Indorin
03-28-2016, 05:39 PM
Thanks Cordovan !

Here's hoping the fine tuning will help with the lag on Wayfinder!

Just don't expect too much Raid feedback from our little place in the sun. ;)

Enoach
03-28-2016, 05:40 PM
... and all will have had a GLS dll update applied to them.

My guess is GNU scientific library but I would be interested in knowing if this is true.

"It is a collection of routines for numerical computing in e.g. linear algebra, probability, random number generation, statistics, differentiation, integration, optimization, and differential equations. "

Mindos
03-28-2016, 05:57 PM

game login server?
idk

dontmater
03-28-2016, 06:17 PM
thanks for the added info, it helps

Nonesuch2008
03-28-2016, 06:52 PM
IF this works (and I sincerely hope that it does), then you just might see this reaction from some folks:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/608d27a7a14258f4e7ad7bf7b6d1b4fc/tumblr_nar7mpajg91rejb9lo1_500.gif

moomooprincess
03-28-2016, 09:21 PM
rats, cutting down on my time to get that broccoli club.

Whoa

3. Approximate location of your computer (East Cost, London, Tokyo, on a boat in the Pacific, alternate reality x87, etc.)

https://media.giphy.com/media/tmk6DcAqaBUoo/giphy.gif

Cordovan, either I missed the humor in many of your old posts, but it seems you have been interjecting some humor into your newer posts and I am finally catching it.

Saekee
03-28-2016, 09:37 PM
How did he know we stream from a boat?

bucyrus
03-28-2016, 10:17 PM

Gamer Lag System would be my guess

Sunnie
03-28-2016, 10:22 PM
How did he know we stream from a boat?
Just make sure noone's swimming in the water below while you do it.

lugoman
03-28-2016, 10:49 PM
We 100% guarantee this patch will fix all lag.

Thanks

Sweet!

LXP
03-29-2016, 07:13 AM
My guess is GNU scientific library but I would be interested in knowing if this is true.

"It is a collection of routines for numerical computing in e.g. linear algebra, probability, random number generation, statistics, differentiation, integration, optimization, and differential equations. "

That would be GSL.dll, not GLS, if I remember correctly. Just saying.

Saaluta
03-29-2016, 07:27 AM
The game worlds will be brought down for maintenance on Tuesday, March 28th from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). This downtime will be used to make adjustments at our data center to improve game performance. When the worlds reopen, two game worlds will have one configuration change on them, two will have a different change, and all will have had a GLS dll update applied to them.

When the worlds reopen, we would like to continue to get your experiences and reports. Please provide the following information:

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

Thanks!

Same mistake made in launcher....today is the 29th Cordo :)

Saal :)

P.S. I get confused enough some days at my age, don't need any help not knowing what day it is :D

Redgob
03-29-2016, 07:50 AM
It seems only a couple of servers went down. Several are still available. Is it intended? I don't want to start playing only to be kicked out halfway through a quest.

kanordog
03-29-2016, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=moomooprincess;5807763
Cordovan, either I missed the humor in many of your old posts, but it seems you have been interjecting some humor into your newer posts and I am finally catching it.[/QUOTE]

Dry humour, hard to do it in written form hence many times not coming through.

Trying different approach is usually the best approach, I hope You gonna fix the lag.

cradledminds
03-29-2016, 08:31 AM
you folks need to attend server side. communication.

like how you recently admitted to having a router failure. but wont admit it to the community. why not ?
thats data packet loss. and lots of it.

i am almost certain your end of thing is so far out of date its not even funny.
huge bottle necks going on with your side of things. and im sure it will continue after this. cause again not stating you are addressing THE issues.

i have tried many times to explain to people about the instances. they are to stubborn. but you folks do understand. and why are you not creating more instances ? creating more partitions ?
you know as well as i do thats whats causing some of the major issues. you have the bandwidth. you have the server space. but refuse to partition things up.

still today i2049 -2052 dominate our server on khyber. 80% of our game is those instances. thats bogus. thats like million people waiting inline to get a slushy with only 1 line. we need 10 lines to handle the work load.

each area is its own instance. thus being its own line. this is nothing new to ddo. they know they can do it. they know where some of the problems are but refuse to fix ? idk why?

the bottle neck with the routers being replaced would make a huge difference in the games performance.

but im going to say this again. microsoft has told YOU turbine. to contact them. for help. asap. like 2 months ago. i been spamming telling you folks. but you do what you do and ignore you community. the worlds best has offered to help you and you ignore them. and your community.
microsoft owns the worlds largest servers. and in the oceans. they have space. you are being lazy by refusing to contact the worlds best. when they offered to help for FREE!!!!!!

Natashaelle
03-29-2016, 08:39 AM
But configuring servers so they work properly is not the same as scientifically investigating an area currently outside the scope of human knowledge.

A false statement -- the ideal configuration on this new hardware/software and for this game and these circumstances is an unknown. Otherwise, it would already have been fixed.

cradledminds
03-29-2016, 08:42 AM
also i been saying this for 7 yrs. atari when left after law suit i am almost positive inserted whats called a lag hack.

it forces packet loss. forcing servers to over work. cryptic is known to do this to people.
i would almost bet $$. dig into coding find where atari inserted a virus. that of course firewall wouldnt see. cause it was allowed.

atari is jerks like that. for real they are. and lag hacks are very real. reasons i say this.

cause ddo ran fine before law suit. after law suit. it ran like ****. all started around that time. i used to admin warrock. and combat arms. i got first hand what lag hacks are all about. and its serious pain in the but to block.

Amundir
03-29-2016, 08:48 AM
Hope some results are seen. Not only to resolve the issue(s) but so the board belly aching dies down some. Seriously getting old. And I don't read them that much.

Anyway, I was kind of curious why some of this wasn't being offered on Lammania. I'm sure plenty of people would love to jump on Lam lam and pound away to test some of the tweak changes you guys can imagine.

LXP
03-29-2016, 08:48 AM
you folks need to attend server side. communication.

like how you recently admitted to having a router failure. but wont admit it to the community. why not ?
thats data packet loss. and lots of it.

i am almost certain your end of thing is so far out of date its not even funny.
huge bottle necks going on with your side of things. and im sure it will continue after this. cause again not stating you are addressing THE issues.

i have tried many times to explain to people about the instances. they are to stubborn. but you folks do understand. and why are you not creating more instances ? creating more partitions ?
you know as well as i do thats whats causing some of the major issues. you have the bandwidth. you have the server space. but refuse to partition things up.

still today i2049 -2052 dominate our server on khyber. 80% of our game is those instances. thats bogus. thats like million people waiting inline to get a slushy with only 1 line. we need 10 lines to handle the work load.

each area is its own instance. thus being its own line. this is nothing new to ddo. they know they can do it. they know where some of the problems are but refuse to fix ? idk why?

the bottle neck with the routers being replaced would make a huge difference in the games performance.

but im going to say this again. microsoft has told YOU turbine. to contact them. for help. asap. like 2 months ago. i been spamming telling you folks. but you do what you do and ignore you community. the worlds best has offered to help you and you ignore them. and your community.
microsoft owns the worlds largest servers. and in the oceans. they have space. you are being lazy by refusing to contact the worlds best. when they offered to help for FREE!!!!!!

Hmmm... shift, comma AND period keys broken? Ouch. Time for a new keyboard, maybe? ;)

Natashaelle
03-29-2016, 08:50 AM
Gnomic Lentissimo Spinwheel ?

cradledminds
03-29-2016, 09:04 AM
Hmmm... shift, comma AND period keys broken? Ouch. Time for a new keyboard, maybe? ;)

no fingers broke! lol

Ykt
03-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Does DDO still have Live Servers? Looks like all servers are now Test Servers (not sure what they're doing on old test servers ... testing tests?).

cradledminds
03-29-2016, 09:30 AM
Does DDO still have Live Servers? Looks like all servers are now Test Servers (not sure what they're doing on old test servers ... testing tests?).

yes. they have had some router failures lately. causing packet loss. i think its a old problem that the newer data center. which we are not using 100% yet cause its been under expansion maint' for while now must of found the router issues.

ddo needs to update all its networking equipment badly!

moomooprincess
03-29-2016, 09:37 AM

The old Test Server(Risia) was used in trying to make this 1955 Mercedes Gull Wing into a Time Traveling car, ala Back to the Future.

Unfortunately, there was only enough game engine power to get the headlights on.

http://cdn-0.motor1.com/p/static/img/amp/0/20000/28000/28100/28130/s6_1540345/2011-268671-alloy-body-1955-mercedes-benz-300-sl-gullwing-barn-find-768-26-09-2011.jpg

cradledminds
03-29-2016, 09:39 AM
The old Test Server(Risia) was used in trying to make this 1955 Mercedes Gull Wing into a Time Traveling car, ala Back to the Future.

Unfortunately, there was only enough game engine power to get the headlights on.

http://cdn-0.motor1.com/p/static/img/amp/0/20000/28000/28100/28130/s6_1540345/2011-268671-alloy-body-1955-mercedes-benz-300-sl-gullwing-barn-find-768-26-09-2011.jpg

lol LOVE the horn! honk honk like a goose**

Cordovan
03-29-2016, 09:43 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Thank you!

moomooprincess
03-29-2016, 09:45 AM
ahead of schedule. I admit, I thought this would be a definite EXTENDED downtime.

Well done.

J-2
03-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Day 33. Opening the store while the game is running still crashes the game.

This is effecting Mac, Linux, WinXP and Win7 users.

Is there a progress update for this bug yet?

cradledminds
03-29-2016, 10:07 AM
sorry i had to share it. its funny.

we know not true. but its funny.

https://i.imgflip.com/11lwus.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/11lwus)via Imgflip Meme Maker (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

Grandern_Marn
03-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Thanks all, good luck with continued server optimization. Overall I haven't noticed any big difference in lag but I've been working on a toon I just TRed and haven't done many 12 player raids. If it improves everyone's game experience a little I am OK with some down time.

Seikojin
03-29-2016, 10:19 AM

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

Thanks!

How about how long since logged in with that character? I would guesstimate that items 4 and 5 would cover this, but I am sure reports will just spew which quests or raids had lag, not if the player was on for 4 hours before running a raid or quest with lag.

Giedon
03-29-2016, 10:26 AM

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

Thanks!

1. Server - Ghallanda

2. Approximate Time - 11:23AM

3. Approximate location of your computer (East Cost, London, Tokyo, on a boat in the Pacific, alternate reality x87, etc.) - East Coat - Rural Virginia

4. Quests/raids run - Testing DOJ - 3 Players no lag

5. Difficulties run - Hard

6. Your character class - 30 levels of Warlock

7. Number of players in the group - 3

8. Anything else you think we should know - we were able to gater at first gate without issue, previous attempts people could not gather or laged trying to gather.

Will continue to invite and try with more members.

UPDATE: 5 players still no lag need more people on Ghallanda hit LFM.

Updated 2 - 11 people lagged at first gate everyone using Mystic Idolons Necklance - Latency was around 300 - sent was about 500 - received was around 15k no loss shown. recalled after gate dropped. restarting now with 12

Update 3 - DOJ Ghallanda - unplayable with 12 members - lagging before first encounter - Latency around 30 sent around 300 received around 15k spiking to 22k - spells and actions were showing as going off but not landing - whirling blades were invisible - Time - East Coast 12:05PM - Rural Virginia - lvl 30 pure Warlock - mix of Warlocks - melee - ranged players.
Party member in UK noted lag died for him when warlocks died. and that everything was delayed - blade dmg with no blades etc.. - states that with 6 there was no lag heals and everything else worked just fine.

Cordovan
03-29-2016, 10:27 AM
How about how long since logged in with that character? I would guesstimate that items 4 and 5 would cover this, but I am sure reports will just spew which quests or raids had lag, not if the player was on for 4 hours before running a raid or quest with lag.

Sure, that would be useful to know. Anything that seems useful is fine.

Thrudh
03-29-2016, 11:51 AM

It doesn't affect my Windows 7 PC.

Phoenix-daBard
03-29-2016, 12:27 PM

Not here. Win7, Win8 and Win10. On Khyber and Thelanis. Are you blocking Awesomium?

Illiain
03-29-2016, 01:15 PM
1. Server - Ghallanda
2. Approximate Time - 2:10 pm
3. Approximate location of your computer (East Cost, London, Tokyo, on a boat in the Pacific, alternate reality x87, etc.) - East Coast - Boston
4. Quests/raids run - Epic Temple of Vol
5. Difficulties run - Epic Hard
6. Your character class - Rogue 30
7. Number of players in the group - 1

SilkofDrasnia
03-29-2016, 01:24 PM

Windows 7 here and never no issue with the store, didn't have any before this maintenance either.

I will say the store seemed to open quicker than before the maintenance though after pressing ctrl s, only took a few secs (like 5 or 6 seconds) before maintenance it seemed to take double or triple the time.

Will run some stuff I was running yesterday and post back results when I'm done.

Tahkhesis
03-29-2016, 01:25 PM
1. G-Land
2. 215 EST
3. New York
4. DoJ
5. EH
6. 12 Fighter/6 Bard/2 Rogue
7. 8
8. Team members had varying lag issues. I saw 1 major spike where 3 people and 2 archons died (this ultimately led to a wipe). What I did notice though, were small lag hiccups anytime a horned devil or pit fiend teleported. We had Eidlons on, auras, pets, the works. It was exponentially better than the last time I ran DoJ, but certainly not better than pre-server move. Trying again, just waiting to fill.

Tahkhesis
03-29-2016, 02:12 PM
1. G-Land
2. 309 EST
3. New York
4. DoJ
5. EN
6. 12 Fighter/6 Bard/2 Rogue
7. 8
8. Team members had varying lag issues. Again, I saw 1 major spike where 3 people and 2 archons died (this again ultimately led to a wipe).

Small lag spikes (1-3 seconds) anytime a horned devil or pit fiend teleported. We had Eidlons on, auras, pets, the works. It was exponentially better than the last time I ran DoJ, but certainly not better than pre-server move. Also, invisible blades.

If pathing is an issue (and I don't know if it is, but I heard rumblings), I really think teleporting may be a factor in DoJ. Still, 200% better than it has been, but not good enough to actually run/finish.

Silverleafeon
03-29-2016, 02:12 PM
1. Server

Khyber

2. Approximate Time

Little after the worlds opened till 2pm

SE USA

4. Quests/raids run
Continual CR 35 anniversary

5. Difficulties run
see above

6. Your character class

Iconic Gnome pure fighter,
What I consider a low lag impact toon, no cleave
Does have almost all completionist type feats

Almost always full groups

First, I love the new intimidate skill mechanics, its much, much better overall.

Many runs, had one instance that my toon simply would not load the data and I lagged in most of it, so backed off a bit, recovered by end fight.
All other runs overall feels improved no visible lag.

However its early, and I am not raid.

Less complaints by others about lag thru out.

cradledminds
03-29-2016, 02:30 PM

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

Thanks!

1. Server=khyber
2. Approximate Time right after open till 3pm
3. Approximate location of your computer= ohio
4. Quests/raids- haunted halls. instance i45
5. Difficulties run=EEE
6. Your character class pali/ftr
7. Number of players in the group=full
8. Anything else you think we should know= was a few spots where it seemed like packet loss. split second lag,tiny rubber band. but nothing major. actually a few times through the quest i had said. WOW THIS IS THE SMOOTHEST has ever ran.

then when the big mobs started. it lil laggy. but was playable. and could see what was doing. all in all was very smooth.

going to do raid runs later. and see. and when more people are online. a full party thunderholm slayer run should tell all tales LOL.

FeartheBow
03-29-2016, 04:48 PM

Rush, buddy, Pal. Junk your Sony Vaio and get a newer laptop. I use windows 7 and have no problems with the store.

Taimasan
03-29-2016, 05:09 PM

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

Thanks!

Sarlona
North Kakilahcki
DOJ EN
Monk
12 then 9 man

12 Man....

Fail due to lag, rubber banding from start, failed at Gate after being at a standstill for 3 min.

9 Man...

Group convinced to me not ragequit and to do a run with just 9.

Powered through the run with 9 lost 3 archons to lag but got it to the end fight. Lag was so bad we didn't know we killed the end boss until 30 seconds after she died.

But this is with a group who would normally run EE. So there is that. I expect better. Maybe with less people in a raid, less loot is pulled more raid timers bought?

carsonfball
03-29-2016, 08:30 PM

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

Thanks!

1. Sarlona

2. 7:45 - 8:15 PM CDT

3. Illinois, USA

4. Shroud

5. heroic elite

6. Favored Soul 20, Epic 10

7. 8

8. The lag was much better than most days recently. There was a little stuttering and some frame skips, but I only rubber-banded once and there were no instances where I couldn't move at all. In town there was no lag at all, which is the first time I've experienced that for a couple of weeks.

Caine33
03-29-2016, 09:25 PM

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

Thanks!

1. Ghallanda
2. 9:50 PM EST
3. East Coast
4. ADQ (First part)
5. EE
6. 27 Warlock
7. Solo
8. Fighting Lailat, ran into a globe and lag stuck for a minute while all possible buffs and debuffs were applied.

Seems any time a calculation needs to be performed, lag hits.

Aletys
03-29-2016, 09:57 PM
We just tried a Defiler of the Just on EN, and failed due to lag. We couldn't move, the spawns kept coming, we got booted out. It was truly ugly.

1. Server - Khyber
2. Approximate Time - 10:45pm
3. Approximate location of your computer - East Coast (Maryland)
4. Quests/raids run - Defiler of the Just
5. Difficulties run - EN
6. Your character class - Rogue
7. Number of players in the group -12
8. We put in a ticket on it in-game, and now every time I transition, the help window comes up, it's truly annoying. This has been happening since the data center move.

raisaterasov
03-29-2016, 09:57 PM
1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

1. Khyber
2. 10:30 PM
3. East Cost
4. Defiler of the Just
5. Epic Normal
6. 20 Ranger, 2 epic
7. 12 person Raid party
8. Lag hit whenever mobs spawned in. (also thanks for all the work everyone's putting in to fix these things)

cradledminds
03-29-2016, 10:09 PM

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

Thanks!

khyber.
10:45 pm
ohio/usa
defiler of just. epic normal.
pali
full raid 12.
we did every lil step to try our best to ignore lag and beat lag. we reset instance to 2051.
all those that had been on for while. reset clients.
we took it step by step. letting lag pass before take next steps.

we was still suffering huge packet loss.
we lag the raid does not.
we die the raid fails. this case we couldnt even get to the monster to fight. we die. or the lag won. they killed the archons.

come on guys. need to replace more then just 1 router. and find a server company thats not doing major upgrades to be able to support your game.
you folks know your mother ship. main server needs attention. its not holding the bandwidth of the communities. and of all. its burning out routers. and equipment.

and i still swear that atari had inserted a ddos attack lag hack inthe game before left years ago. thats when i first started to notice serious lagg issues. is when the law suit happen and you won the law suit.

just saying. something ya shouldnt over look.

it would cause the system to over work until burns up. thats what its designed to do.
i know cause when i was admin of warrock. we had major ddos attack problems. to the point the game crashed. they had to shut it down for 2 yrs. until could recode the whole game.
something that will happen to you if got attacked. by your own admin.

Krelar
03-29-2016, 10:57 PM
Server: Argo
Approximate Time: 10pm-11:40pm Eastern
Approximate location of your computer: Northwest Coast
Quests/raids run: Wiz King EN, Tempest Spine LH, Lords of Dust EH, Von3 EH
Your character class: Deep Gnome 1 Wiz/ 1 Fighter/ 18 Barbarian
Number of players in the group 3, 12, 1, 1
Anything else you think we should know: Little micro jumpy lag all night, playable but very annoying. Had minor packet loss all night, .2%-.9%, with a spike up to 20% during the wiz king run. In the first group my voice and party chat was not working. (Others mentioned having similar issues) After restarting my client 4 times it finally started working.

Nachomammashouse
03-30-2016, 08:03 AM

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

Thanks!

A clip of intermittent stuttering lag from LE TS last night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKQswRWtrKw

1. Server: Sarlona
2. Approximate Time: 11pm EST
3. Approximate location of your computer: Detroit, MI
4. Quests/raids run: TS
5. Difficulties run: LE
6. Your character class: Cleric
7. Number of players in the group: 12
8. Anything else you think we should know: This sucks

Ebondevil
03-30-2016, 12:20 PM
1. Server: Khyber
2. Approximate Time: 4:30pm-5:20pm GMT
3. Approximate location of your computer (East Cost, London, Tokyo, on a boat in the Pacific, alternate reality x87, etc.): North of London (UK)
4. Quests/raids run: None (Gave up before I could get to one)
5. Difficulties run: N/A
6. Your character class: Fighter (mule with old loot), Wizard (mule with old loot), Rogue (TR'd once), Wizard (TR'd once), Artificer (Not TR'd yet), Favoured Soul (TR'd and Epic TR'd a few times)
7. Number of players in the group: 0 Didn't get that far
8. Anything else you think we should know:

I start playing typically by logging in 4 accounts (I have a small guild with a couple of friends, and I log all 4 to maintain Guild Renown benefits):

The First character (on the First account) the Fighter, has only levelled from Daily Dice, Connection to Server lost on first attempt, took about 15 mins to log in
The Second Character (on the Second Account) the Wizard, has also only levelled from Daily Dice took about 1 minute to log in
The Third Character (on the Third Account) the Rogue took 2 minutes to log in
The Fourth Character (on the Fourth Account) Wizard tooke 3 minutes to log in

Then I start logging two characters to try and play
The Fifth Character (on the Third Account) took 3 minutes to log in, lagged horribly when trying to move from House Phiarlan to the Guild Airship and then the harbour
The Sixth Character (on the Fourth Account) had a Connection to Server lost and I gave up to go play something else that works

Not logged on any of the characters for about 1-2 weeks

The fifth character remained Logged in while typing up this post and was still lagging horribly when I logged out.

Eternal_Newbie
03-30-2016, 05:53 PM
1. Server: Thelanis
2. Approximate Time: about 8:30 pm GMT
3. Approximate location of your computer (France, near Lyon)
4. Quests/raids run: Fire raid (2 drags)
5. Difficulties run: EE
6. Your character class: 15pal/4Rog/1Ftr split DPS 2WF
7. Number of players in the group: 10 at start finished at 8, 2 ragequit
8. Anything else you think we should know: yes ya should know that VM will never be as good as dedicated hardware for IO or CPU intensive applications... All IT architects and experts know that...

How to say, was a success but really painfull. Extreme lag encountered nearly all the raid, especialy when some scripts are triggered. Close to wipe 2 or 3 times.
BTW was a little better than before last change on server (last week tried same we wiped really fast cause completly stucked by lag for > 5 mn]

Conclusion: it is a little better but far from normal situation for EE raids if > 6 ppls.
On the other hand nearly all standard EE quests I did since last reboot where nearly free of lag, good progress here.

As hardcore players interrest is focused on EE/LE endgame raids, current situation is still not acceptable, no more pleasure in raid, just a pain.

SilkofDrasnia
03-30-2016, 06:40 PM
1. Server - Khyber
2. Approximate Time - around 5:30 est - 6:00 est
3. Approximate location of your computer - montreal ish canada
4. Quests/raids run - Devils assault elite/ relic of a sov past norm-was just getting a shield from ada ore
5. Difficulties run - see above
6. Your character class - 16 wiz for DA and lvl 9 warlock for relic of sov....
7. Number of players in the group - solo
8. Anything else you think we should know - No change from before the maintenance still lag spikes and freezes etc.

digital_terror1
03-30-2016, 07:28 PM
1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

1. Argonessen
2. 8:20pm Eastern Thurs 3/30/16
3. Michigan
4. Lords of Dust
5. EE
6. Wizard 18 / Rogue 2 / Epic 10
7. 4 people
8. Massive lag spikes at the start of the quest. The spike lasted around 5 minutes, and did not return for the remainder of the quest.

Stormblade721
03-30-2016, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=digital_terror1;5808711]1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

1. Thelanis
2. 8:20pm Eastern Thurs 3/30/16
3. Houston, Tx
4. Gianthold Tor
5. Heroic Elite
6. Wizard 16 Pale Master
7. 5 people
8. Massive lag spikes at the start of the quest. The spike lasted around 3 minutes, then smoothed out. Returned at end fight managed to complete

Bolo_Grubb
03-30-2016, 09:18 PM

1. Server
2. Approximate Time
4. Quests/raids run
5. Difficulties run
6. Your character class

Thanks!

1. Sarlona
2. Wednesday 9:30pm eastern
3. Tucson, Az,
4. Against the Demon Queen (pre-raid)
5. Epic Hard
6. Pure Rogue
7. 4
8. Freezing lag and rubber branding affecting all 4 members of the party

Grinn
03-30-2016, 09:38 PM
1. Server: Orien
2. Approximate Time: 7:00 PM Pacific
3. Approximate location of your computer (East Cost, London, Tokyo, on a boat in the Pacific, alternate reality x87, etc.): Vancouver, BC
4. Quests/raids run: DOJ
5. Difficulties run: EH/EN
6. Your character class:Rogue
7. Number of players in the group:12
8. Anything else you think we should know: Had just run a LHOX EH Full raid that had no noticeable lag until the dogs were down (Loot Lag).
DOJ lag wipe - failure on EH, repeated on EN and was another horrible experience. Warlock had disabled Tentacles for second try.

Tracing route to gls.ddo.com [198.252.160.23]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms my router
2 6 ms 6 ms 15 ms my ISP
3 26 ms 21 ms 11 ms STTLWAWBCI01.bb.telus.com [75.154.217.108]
4 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms 154.11.2.239
5 76 ms 75 ms 75 ms ewr-cntr-11.inet.qwest.net [205.171.17.2]
6 76 ms 76 ms 76 ms 206.103.215.50
7 76 ms 76 ms 76 ms 63.236.3.130
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 77 ms 78 ms 78 ms 198.252.160.23
10 76 ms 76 ms 76 ms 198.252.160.23

Trace complete.

F2PPremiumLeech
04-01-2016, 04:55 AM
Wouldn't it be much easier to build logging function into the game client?

Mark a checkbox in the launcher to opt for it and then when user presses certain key combination during lag, it would automatically write a log file with all the relevant information, maybe even add tracert info to it. The client could then automatically send this to devs. (Or have users manually send it)

Much more useful than forum posts that lack essential information. Devs could have whatever debug info they desire through this. Accurate system specs, available memory, processes running,effects affecting player etc.

Devs, make your job easier.

Nachomammashouse
04-02-2016, 03:09 PM
When the worlds reopen, we would like to continue to get your
experiences and reports. Please provide the following info:

2. Approximate Time: 2:15pm EST on 4/1/16
4. Quests/raids run: n/a
5. Difficulties run: n/a
6. Your character class: 1 wiz/17 paladin
7. Number of players in the group: 1
8. Anything else you think we should know: nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81iMfGoZDXU&amp;feature=youtu.be

Nachomammashouse
04-03-2016, 07:57 PM
When the worlds reopen, we would like to continue to get your
experiences and reports. Please provide the following info:

I invite any devs to join our raids on Sarlona to experience the fun first hand. For reals.

2. Approximate Time: 9:24pm EST on 4/1/16
4. Quests/raids run: Mark of Death
5. Difficulties run: EH
6. Your character class: fvs
7. Number of players in the group: 12
8. Anything else you think we should know: nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1I2h5VLTu4

Bolo_Grubb
04-03-2016, 09:33 PM
1. Sarlona
2. 10pm eastern Sunday 4/3/16
3. Tucson, Az, You are at: r1 lx208 ly712 i100 cInside ox-109.35 oy-153.94 oz-189.36 h187.0
4. Legendary Elite Tempest Spine
5. Legendary Elite
6. Fighter/Barb/rogue
7. 11
8. Everyone freezing

Bolo_Grubb
04-03-2016, 10:03 PM
1. Sarlona
2. 11pm eastern Sunday 4/3/16
3. Tucson, Az, You are at: r1 lx1976 ly136 i2049 cInside ox43.00 oy120.42 oz-299.95 h274.2
4. Legendary hard Hound of Xoriat
5. Legendary hard
6. Fighter/Barb/rogue
7. 11
8. Everyone freezing

moomooprincess
04-04-2016, 12:08 PM
1. Server - Cannith
2. 1 PM EST, April 4, 2016
3. Chicago area
4. Anniversary Event
5. level 14
6. Fighter/ranger
7. four
8. At the end battle with just the kobolds, to get to talk with Jeets the first time. There are two shamans, one kobold slinger active and blasting away up on the bridge. Looks like I might salvage this. Then again mayube not. EVERYONE just froze up.

OK, finally got the kobold shamans eliminated and now looking at the gate and the final four kobolds. I seem to be moving fine now that the Kobold Shamans have been eliminated. Give me 30 seconds to see.

As soon as we get near the last bastion of Kobolds, the game freezes. If we go to where the 6 skeletons(devs and support +GLIN, +Flimsy Firewood, etc) are we do not freeze there.

Going for the crazy finish, see if I can do the undead, the insane jeets, and the bad thoughts for the final battle.

Thanks!

zman67
04-05-2016, 03:47 PM
1. Server: Wayfinder
2. Approximate Time: 1:30pm to 3:30 pm CST
3. Approximate location of your computer: Chicago
4. Quests/raids run : Tavern brawl, Grim and Barrett, Subversion, Multitude and Menance
5. Difficulties run: Normal
6. Your character class: Favored Soul
7. Number of players in the group: 3
8. Anything else you think we should know: Lag was just not in quests. It was server wide. had lag selling to vendors and just changing instances like marketplace to House C .

Bolo_Grubb
04-05-2016, 10:26 PM
1. Sarlona
2. 1040pm eastern Tuesday 4/5/16
3. Tucson, Az, You are at: r1 lx216 ly720 i55 cInside ox74.60 oy201.76 oz-342.04 h158.9
4. Legendary Elite Tempest Spine
5. Legendary Elite
6. Fighter/Barb/rogue
7. 12
8. Everyone freezing

Does not seem any different in raids then a few days ago