PDA

View Full Version : Confused Epic TR of an Iconic Character at lvl 30

Thriftex-ess
03-17-2016, 01:17 PM
I am probably just confused and misread something. However I am incredibly despondent on what has actually happened.

On doing an Epic TR (level 30) with an iconic toon I seem to have lost all my progress in all my epics destinies not just in the sphere I chose an Epic past life feat in. Is this the way this is meant to happen?

I was at the stage of only needing to complete 2 epic destinies (less as at rank 21 in one of them) before having them all (completed 3 spheres with only one remaining). Needless to say this has wasted all my progress. And this is not in any manner of means the way this description reads on what will happen on doing an epic TR. It implies one will only lose the 6 million from the chosen sphere. Not as in my case circa 16.3 million xp.

Please can some one explain what is actually meant to happen on doing an Epic TR to the other spheres that you are not choosing an epic destiny past life feat in.

Please advise as not sure if I need to submit a ticket. Or just step away from the pc for the next year or so and think happy thoughts.

Hobgoblin
03-17-2016, 01:18 PM
I am probably just confused and misread something. However I am incredibly despondent on what has actually happened.

On doing an Epic TR (level 30) with an iconic toon I seem to have lost all my progress in all my epics destinies not just in the sphere I chose an Epic past life feat in. Is this the way this is meant to happen?

I was at the stage of only needing to complete 2 epic destinies (less as at rank 21 in one of them) before having them all (completed 3 spheres with only one remaining). Needless to say this has wasted all my progress. And this is not in any manner of means the way this description reads on what will happen on doing an epic TR. It implies one will only lose the 6 million from the chosen sphere. Not as in my case circa 16.3 million xp.

Please can some one explain what is actually meant to happen on doing an Epic TR to the other spheres that you are not choosing an epic destiny past life feat in.

Please advise as not sure if I need to submit a ticket. Or just step away from the pc for the next year or so and think happy thoughts.

contact support. put in tickets

it is a known issue, but it can be fixed

Thriftex-ess
03-17-2016, 01:19 PM
Thank you for extremely prompt response.

I will do shortly.

Amundir
03-17-2016, 01:19 PM
If you TRed and you lost xp destiny xp, other than the xp you spent on getting the past life feat, then you should submit a ticket as that's not expected afaik.

Hobgoblin
03-17-2016, 01:45 PM
op - also check your tomes

this has happened to me twice - out of about 30 + er's and each time i had also lost my tomes.

Thriftex-ess
03-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Ticket was quickly responded to and GM fixed speedily. So thank you again for advice and GM help.

Summary:

1. Do not know what causes the glitch (it happens - you have been warned)
2. Lost all progress in other spheres, and the twist of fate points that came with that progress
3. Tomes were still on my toon these were not lost
4. Bright side after submitting an in-game ticket GM's were quick to respond and resolved the issue promptly (ty GM)
5. Needs to be added to the known issues list, as quite depressing and distressing when it happens, knowledge of an easy and speedy fix would reduce the impact of this.

Kompera_Oberon
04-10-2016, 08:07 PM
5. Needs to be added to the known issues list, as quite depressing and distressing when it happens, knowledge of an easy and speedy fix would reduce the impact of this.
You are quite correct. However, Turbine uses a very different definition of "known issues", and that leads to confusion for a great many of their customers.

Turbine's definition of Known Issues is "Issues for which we no longer need players to submit tickets, as we know all about it. (And yet remarkably we still haven't managed to fix it, even though we know all about it.)"

Which is a horrible, horrible way to define the term, and keeps a good many issues off of their list and out of the general knowledge of players such as yourself until they get bitten by them.

Whitering
04-28-2016, 01:36 PM
I Etred at level 30 for the first time with with Exalted Angel and Unyielding Sentinel maxed, and all my EXP in the Divine Tree, when I etred I lost all progress in the trees, not just the exp, is that intended? I ask, because I etred a second time and only lost the EXP. I should have filed a ticket?

unbongwah
04-28-2016, 01:42 PM
I can't remember if ERing resets your EDs, but you definitely should NOT have lost the actual XP you earned in your EDs; the worst that should've happened is you needed to reallocate your EDPs. That's definitely a "file a ticket" problem, IMO.

Whitering
06-21-2016, 03:59 PM
I can't remember if ERing resets your EDs, but you definitely should NOT have lost the actual XP you earned in your EDs; the worst that should've happened is you needed to reallocate your EDPs. That's definitely a "file a ticket" problem, IMO.

It is not supposed to, just take 6 million exp from your sphere, which will reset those ones since it's 2 million for each sphere (notionally). If you have levels in other destinies the exp stays there. I have ETRed 3 times in the last month or so and not had any problems yet.