PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Tuesday, March 8th

Pages : 1 [2]

Half-Elf
03-08-2016, 04:01 PM
I remember last year when they moved data centers the worlds were down much longer .Almost 24 hours wasn't it?

Kompera_Oberon
03-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Hey Cradledminds its your ever faithful death dealing sorcerer buddy Kellyssss from Khyber. Just want to let the population know this fella here

Cradledminds really does know what he is talking about. He helped me deal with a blue screen of death issue that was persisting until i asked him or rather

he offered his advice. Lo and behold a week later and no more random blue screens crashing my computer.

This is just a little hard to believe from a guy who just posted that he had to have Microsoft support in his computer for 12 hours to fix multiple issues. I can build a computer from parts in their boxes to fully assembled with the OS installed and updated drivers installed, and be well under way to loading all of my software in well under 12 hours, and this genius managed to screw his system up so much that it took a vendor 12 hours to fix it?

No, thanks! Keep this kind of bungler well away from any kind of support role.

LevelJ
03-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Huh, I'm on, but getting a message about chat servers being temporarily unavailable.

-Jayron

Arty_Farty
03-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Safe to log on? Anyone missing anything; items, XP, TR cache, Shared bank, regular bank, etc?

Nothing missing ....

Items are still there
XP is still there
Bank is still there
Lag is still there (DoJ Lagwipe)

Marewood
03-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Login with DDO-ML is no longer working since data center move. Would be marvellous if you would note what else was changed aside from moving data-centers...

Huascarino
03-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Safe to log on? Anyone missing anything; items, XP, TR cache, Shared bank, regular bank, etc?

Everything is ok here on Ghallanda!

ChromeX
03-08-2016, 04:16 PM
When I clicky my little DDO icon thing that used to start the client launcher, I now immediately get a message "internal error, please contact customer support" to which I click ok and the program closes.

Dhalgren
03-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Login with DDO-ML is no longer working since data center move. Would be marvellous if you would note what else was changed aside from moving data-centers...

They did (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/472997-Port-Forwarding-update-and-changes-Important). Worth taking a look to see whether it helps or not.

Marewood
03-08-2016, 04:24 PM
They did (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/472997-Port-Forwarding-update-and-changes-Important). Worth taking a look to see whether it helps or not.

Thanks Dhal - but thats not it. That post is about port-forwarding. I can log on using the official launcher. However, I used to logon using DDO-ML, which no longer works.

Apparently the host-adress or something the like was changed with the update. Of course I would prefer some official reply over speculation from my side...

Cordovan
03-08-2016, 04:31 PM
We'd love to hear about your experience in-game now that we're in the new data center. So far, things are looking good on our end.

ChromeX
03-08-2016, 04:33 PM
When I clicky my little DDO icon thing that used to start the client launcher, I now immediately get a message "internal error, please contact customer support" to which I click ok and the program closes.

Apparently from an earlier issue I was using a hosts file . Once I comment ted out the sections pertaining to DDo servers I was up and running again. :)

Nyata
03-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Thanks Dhal - but thats not it. That post is about port-forwarding. I can log on using the official launcher. However, I used to logon using DDO-ML, which no longer works.

Apparently the host-adress or something the like was changed with the update. Of course I would prefer some official reply over speculation from my side...

There was an incidence a while ago where some of us changed the IP manually in a host file to be able to connect... maybe you are one of those lucky ones who never overwrote that file? let me see if I can dig up the info...

Cordovan
03-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Apparently from an earlier issue I was using a hosts file . Once I comment ted out the sections pertaining to DDo servers I was up and running again. :)

This is a very good point. For those of who who manually added an IP to your hosts file "back in the day", you'll need to either get rid of that or comment it out.

Nyata
03-08-2016, 04:36 PM

ah lol ;D you found it ;D

Marewood
03-08-2016, 04:39 PM
There was an incidence a while ago where some of us changed the IP manually in a host file to be able to connect... maybe you are one of those lucky ones who never overwrote that file? let me see if I can dig up the info...

Ya - I remebered that. Having had that in my mind I also tried to log on from my other machine (which didnt even exist when the hosts file thingy happened).

Same result. Login with DDO-ML not working.

AciTraTNa
03-08-2016, 04:43 PM
We'd love to hear about your experience in-game now that we're in the new data center. So far, things are looking good on our end.

I am unable to log in to the account page. It shows message "Could not open socket.

Kompera_Oberon
03-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Is some kind of sick joke right? They really expect people to understand and do that? No wonder they made that a closed thread, I can imagine the responses. They are going to have to come up with a better fix for what they've broken than that.

You have managed to misread and misunderstand entirely. They don't expect people to understand and be able to do "that," unless they have already done "that" and therefore should understand exactly what is being described and how to go about re-adjusting something they have already adjusted in the past.

If you don't understand what they are talking about it is very likely that you have not made the configuration changes that they are referring to and therefore you will need to neither understand what they are talking about nor do anyhing at all.

Nyata
03-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Ya - I remebered that. Having had that in my mind I also tried to log on from my other machine (which didnt even exist when the hosts file thingy happened).

Well my guess on that is that it simply needs to be updated to the new IPs and stuff. Being a third party tool and all that I am not all that surprised. that does not mean that I am belittleing the effort, work, and love being put into writing tools, but still, they normally have to catch up on things like that after the fact.

Nyata
03-08-2016, 04:47 PM
I am unable to log in to the account page. It shows message "Could not open socket.

I had that problem earlier, disabling my antivirus for a minute fixed that.. apparently it did not like the recaptcha

Marewood
03-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Well my guess on that is that it simply needs to be updated to the new IPs and stuff. Being a third party tool and all that I am not all that surprised. that does not mean that I am belittleing the effort, work, and love being put into writing tools, but still, they normally have to catch up on things like that after the fact.

Agree - but for that matter it would have been perfect if the new IPs would have been made public well ahead of time - or at least now that ppl start to encounter login-issues...

AciTraTNa
03-08-2016, 04:53 PM
I had that problem earlier, disabling my antivirus for a minute fixed that.. apparently it did not like the recaptcha

I'll try that. Thanks.

Memnir
03-08-2016, 05:19 PM
We'd love to hear about your experience in-game now that we're in the new data center. So far, things are looking good on our end.So far, so good.

But, for a true test - put Cove back in this weekend. That always was, for me at least, the true proof in the pudding. Damn, now I want pudding.

cmecu
03-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Wow . night and day so far...

That is the fastest my game ever loaded up, and no lag when I got into game.. I could run and move right away.

Thumbs up so far.

mna
03-08-2016, 05:35 PM

Seems to work just fine, loaded faster than before. Well, except that the store still doesn't work.

XUbuntu Linux 14.04.4 LTS (Trusty) 64bit, Pylotro. No changes needed anywhere.

Dirtysam
03-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Only a minor lag at the air ship entrance in harbour and the other spot I always got lag was running through market area in Eveningstar both spots down to a minimum so far so good. Yoemans work well done go have a beer in your favorite tavern.

GimpyPaw
03-08-2016, 05:54 PM
My launcher hangs on "Installing Pre-Reqs" and does nothing. Any tips?

blerkington
03-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Hi,

Hearing reports of lag on Khyber in public areas like Eveningstar, and in VoN 5.

Had lots of problems in Thunderholme including minute long freezes. Oour group eventually disbanded because it only seemed to be getting worse even when we stuck together, tried not to aggro large numbers of monsters at once, and reset the instance a couple of times in the hope of an improvement.

Haven't attempted any raids yet, but interested to see what will happen in Deathwyrm, MoD and Defiler.

Thanks.

Bob_of_QF
03-08-2016, 06:01 PM

Yaaah.... DDO-ML not working truly sucks. I had forgotten how much I loathe the "official" launcher, and all it's BS.

Hopefully it's fixed soon, or I may just give up DDO. I nearly quit playing a couple of years back, due to how bad it is. DDO-ML fixed this issue for me.

IconicHero
03-08-2016, 06:01 PM

Warlock icon is sometimes showing as epic icon so you don't show it as an available group. This is a new bug as far as i know not sure what caused epic icon to replace warlock as a class never seen it before!

I know there are people out there who don't like warlocks but really replacing the icon in some lfm with epic is silly!

Nyata
03-08-2016, 06:14 PM
I can confirm lag on Khyber, lots of it in a DOJ normal run, and in VoN 5 and 6 EN as well. also the chat server seems rather spotty.

That's all the testing I can do tonight... night's over in 4 hours :)

Drfirewater79
03-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Are the servers still down?

I am unable to connect it says there are problems connecting to the "Client Servers"

I tried to run a game repair and no change ... I don't want to do a reinstall if I don't have to.

Quanefel
03-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Is it still down? I try to log in and closes before it even lets me sign in with "Internal error, please contact customer support" then closes it all down.

LadyAerys
03-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Getting the internal error as well.

mna
03-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Yaaah.... DDO-ML not working truly sucks. I had forgotten how much I loathe the "official" launcher, and all it's BS.

Hopefully it's fixed soon, or I may just give up DDO. I nearly quit playing a couple of years back, due to how bad it is. DDO-ML fixed this issue for me.

Well, Pylotro worked just fine for me, didn't have to change anything for this move. So that's still another alternative, right?

Logged in on a couple of different servers already. (No internal errors either.)

Dark_Helmet
03-08-2016, 07:49 PM
The only issue I have seen is when I was joining my first party it took quite awhile.

Other than that initial hiccup, it has been better than expected:
http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/first-bumpcartoonadventure-timejake-the-dogfinn-the-humanfinn-and-jake.gif

ChromeX
03-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Is it still down? I try to log in and closes before it even lets me sign in with "Internal error, please contact customer support" then closes it all down.

If you look back a page or two this is adressedin my previous pst in theis thread as I was having the same issue due to a hosts file pointing to a specific IP address... after I commented out the entries concerning ddo servers the launcher was working

ilhares
03-08-2016, 08:04 PM
My launcher hangs on "Installing Pre-Reqs" and does nothing. Any tips?Click on the triangle in the launcher's upper right corner. Go into options. Try checking the "Retrieve updates automatically" box. THen click on OK, restart your launcher.

Shikagami16
03-08-2016, 08:06 PM
i think i found the host file in /c:system32/drivers/ect right? well i dont got any ddo servers in host file and this is a pretty new computer where i downloaded ddo maybe a year or so ago? am i looking in the wrong area for the internal error? need some help please D:!

Faltout
03-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Warlock icon is sometimes showing as epic icon so you don't show it as an available group. This is a new bug as far as i know not sure what caused epic icon to replace warlock as a class never seen it before!

I know there are people out there who don't like warlocks but really replacing the icon in some lfm with epic is silly!
Bug has existed since warlocks arrived.
Happens to all public LFMs (the ones created when you enter an area or a quest having the "public" option selected)

Dark_Helmet
03-08-2016, 08:18 PM

The stuttering lag is back: Soloing Depths, I cast / click on items to use, animation is behind, sound is off, message comes up like 3 seconds later telling me I obtain x Mysterious Remnants. 0% packet loss, latency less than 100ms, sent / receive is only running about 200-500Bps (not heavy interaction).

No mobs around. I just cast fireball to break things, it goes off. 3 seconds later they break, 2 seconds later I hear they break.

Looks like this are status quo again.

Quanefel
03-08-2016, 08:19 PM
If you look back a page or two this is adressedin my previous pst in theis thread as I was having the same issue due to a hosts file pointing to a specific IP address... after I commented out the entries concerning ddo servers the launcher was working

I did that and...still the same problem. The solution you give is a bit vague and ambigious. Which specific line and what does "comment out" even mean? Erase a certain line? Part of a line? Some random symbols within a line? Or what?

Grinn
03-08-2016, 08:21 PM

Log in was very smooth and fast.We just ran the LHOX and it was very smooth and fast until just after Xy'zzy died, then there was a lag spike.
Didn't last too long, puppies killed, chests looted, and we were golden.

So far, I give this a tentative thumbs up -- shout out thanks to my fellow lotro players for their stress-testing :D

Marewood
03-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Wow - logon issues high and low. Massive lag throughout the whole evening - this is a massive fail...

Sshalis
03-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Logged in. check
played. check
all items accounted for. check

all good for me...

no noticeable lag...

i play on ghallanda

ame132
03-08-2016, 09:02 PM
i am able to log in, but unable to move or use any abilities - its like permanent rubberbanding
i can see other players moving

EDIT: i tried again some time later and it seems good now, no more permanent lag

Assassination
03-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Just did a LegHOX, quite a bit of lag.. there were 12 of us, a couple of "warlocks".

I play on ghallanda.

Steve_Howe
03-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Lots of lag in the Harbor on Khyber.

Nuclear_Elvis
03-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Just curious, should we ensure we right click the icon on desktop and "Run as Administrator" to ensure everything patches back in correctly? Haven't seen this thrown out there yet, but it can't hurt to try.

Kritty
03-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Seems to be some lag on Sarlona of a variety I haven't seen before really: In a quest it'll, I guess "stick" is a good word for it for a couple seconds. Game keeps rendering fine, and you generally maintain control, but hits on monsters don't register and the dungeon seems ot more or less stop executing for a couple seconds, then it is fine. I've seen it in a quest solo (VON3) and in a quest in a group (Subversion).

In general things seem faster, crafting deconstruction seems more responsive. I haven't noticed any major problems at this point, though I've not played a ton.

Nonesuch2008
03-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Public areas on Khyber seemed to be OK, and for the life of me the colors seem to be brighter than they were before. I had occasional blink lag, what I classify as a minor stutter that only affects 1 or 2 running steps.

I popped into the Anniversary Party & ran that with a hireling plus a summons and had nothing more than the occasional blink lag throughout. Until I got to the end fight, that is. The instance locked, with Malicia continuing her dialogue while I could only move a step or two at a time. Anything that I clicked or activated showed up about 15-20 seconds afterward. This persisted for about 5 minutes before I was able to move normally again. I was very happy that I hadn't done the dialogue with Jeets yet, it gave me a chance to wait for the lag to clear before I started the final fight sequence. Most other quests would have resulted in a wipe at that stage.

Kompera_Oberon
03-08-2016, 09:59 PM

Several 5+ second lag spikes in Fire on Thunder Peaks, which is almost never the case there.

Legendary Shroud, same lag as it has always had.

michael420
03-08-2016, 10:00 PM
lag is horrible in quests and in slayer. we are trying to do thunderholme and its just a waste of slayer boosts and xp pots..

LevelJ
03-08-2016, 11:02 PM
Overcame my issues with the chat server not working by restarting the launcher. Got on and ran some solo explorers in Reaver's Reach with no issue for 2 hrs. Just now I ran an EN DotJ group with 11 and 12 members in the instance respectively. Lag was so crippling that we could not even get past buffing on the first run, so we recalled (eventually) and tried a different instance. Was almost as bad, and nearly wiped on the blade room. I have never had this bad a lag this early in an EN DotJ run. Granted I have not played DotJ in about a month, but I doubt too much else changed. :(

-Jayron

caleneth
03-08-2016, 11:17 PM
The last 2 to 3 hrs. Lag has been very bad. was just in a DOJ. We made 2 attempts but couldnt finish quest. The lag was so bad we couldnt move. Talk to others on Thelanis, and they have had a lot of lag also. And its not just a little choppy, but not being able to move for several minutes.

Thanath
03-09-2016, 12:36 AM
UPDATE: The DDO game worlds are now open! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game!

The DDO game servers will be down from 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Tuesday, March 8th to move the game servers to a new data center. It is possible that the game worlds will be open prior to 5:00 PM Eastern, but we'll keep you up to date on the forums and social media.

On start the error is "INTERNAL ERROR"

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/1278789_10206824284108877_4710409157179899501_o.jp g

Bob_of_QF
03-09-2016, 12:48 AM
The last 2 to 3 hrs. Lag has been very bad. was just in a DOJ. We made 2 attempts but couldnt finish quest. The lag was so bad we couldnt move. Talk to others on Thelanis, and they have had a lot of lag also. And its not just a little choppy, but not being able to move for several minutes.

Earlier this evening, I solo'd several Three Barrel quests (sarlona) -- intermittent lag in each. None bad enough to get me killed--not *quite*... eventually gave it up as a bad situation.

I was hoping it was just a teething issue--but from the various comments here? Apparently ... not.

*sigh*

mna
03-09-2016, 04:25 AM
Just curious, should we ensure we right click the icon on desktop and "Run as Administrator" to ensure everything patches back in correctly? Haven't seen this thrown out there yet, but it can't hurt to try.

Didn't patch anything here, Pylotro doesn't do that automatically at start and I didn't click on game update button.

Don't know if the official launcher needs patching, haven't used it.

moomooprincess
03-09-2016, 05:37 AM
Didn't patch anything here, Pylotro doesn't do that automatically at start and I didn't click on game update button.

Don't know if the official launcher needs patching, haven't used it.

Way back in the thread this was discussed,

NO PATCHING THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE OR HOT FIX OR NOTHING. IT WAS A MOVE FROM POINT A TO POINT B. NO POINT IN MAKING CODE CHANGES WHEN YOU ARE INTRODUCING OTHER POINTS OF FAILURE, THAT JUST MAKES IT MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO ISOLATE THE PROBLEMS. RIGHT NOW, ALL THE PROBLEMS WILL BE HARDWARE RELATED.

Ghwyn
03-09-2016, 08:04 AM
All is fine in Cannith. TH and orchard slayers, and a few quests with no lag. Had others comment that there was less lag.

Augon
03-09-2016, 08:17 AM
i think i found the host file in /c:system32/drivers/ect right? well i dont got any ddo servers in host file and this is a pretty new computer where i downloaded ddo maybe a year or so ago? am i looking in the wrong area for the internal error? need some help please D:!

Yep, that is the host file. if there isnt any lines referring to DDO tyhen i wouldnt mess with it.

Shikagami16
03-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Yep, that is the host file. if there isnt any lines referring to DDO tyhen i wouldnt mess with it.

if thats indeed the host file and host file isnt the issue then how do i fix it D:??

Nyata
03-09-2016, 03:32 PM
if thats indeed the host file and host file isnt the issue then how do i fix it D:??

okay I cannot find the post where you stated your actual problem, but I am guessing you are getting the internal error prompt? If so... do you have a firewall maybe preventing DDo to connect to the new servers? Tried turning it off before starting the launcher?

Dirtysam
03-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Only a minor lag at the air ship entrance in harbour and the other spot I always got lag was running through market area in Eveningstar both spots down to a minimum so far so good. Yoemans work well done go have a beer in your favorite tavern.

Since this post lag has gotten worse on Gland. Public areas and all harbour quests.

sudzz
03-21-2016, 12:43 PM
When are we to return to lag levels of "occasional stutters during periods of heavy mob activity" rather than the "frequent almost prevalent in raids even when very little activity is actually happening", it's not my machine or my internet connection which are both high end and performed perfectly well before the data-centre move. You maybe want to check that the "upgrade" was actually carried out or was this actually a "downgrade" to save running costs? Your current capacity to serve this game has diminished greatly since two weeks ago and the ddo.com move has not made any improvements to in-game speeds either. How can we help to get this fixed ASAP?