PDA

View Full Version : Fighter 18 / Pally 2 Feat List - What do you think?

FranOhmsford
03-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Sword + Board obviously:

1 - Shield Mastery, Power Attack, Cleave
2 - Exotic Wpn Prof: B-Sword
3 - Pally: Improved Shield Bash
4 - Great Cleave
6 - Pally: Force of Personality
8 - Improved Shield Mastery
9 - Improved Crit: Slash
10 - Dodge
12 - Mobility, Shield Deflection
14 - Toughness
15 - Heavy Armour Champion
16 - Heavy Armour Master
18 - Combat Expertise, Heavy Armour Combatant
20 - Tactical Supremacy
21 - Bulwark of Defense
24 - Overwhelming Crit
26 - Perfect TWF
27 - Epic DR
28 - Elusive Target
29 - Dire Charge
30 - Epic Toughness, Scion of Celestia

unbongwah
03-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Don't forget Div Grace bonus is now capped: 2 + (3 * # of pal lvls). So is the max +8 to saves from DG worth giving up VG capstone DPS bonuses? [I presume this is S&B build.] If the answer is "no," well, you know what to do then... :cool:

adrian69
03-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Sword + Board obviously:

1 - Shield Mastery, Power Attack, Cleave
2 - Exotic Wpn Prof: B-Sword
3 - Pally: Improved Shield Bash
4 - Great Cleave
6 - Pally: Force of Personality
8 - Improved Shield Mastery
9 - Improved Crit: Slash
10 - Dodge
12 - Mobility, Shield Deflection
14 - Toughness
15 - Heavy Armour Champion
16 - Heavy Armour Master
18 - Combat Expertise, Heavy Armour Combatant
20 - Tactical Supremacy
21 - Bulwark of Defense
24 - Overwhelming Crit
26 - Perfect TWF
27 - Epic DR
28 - Elusive Target
29 - Dire Charge
30 - Epic Toughness, Scion of Celestia

I don't see much wrong with your feats. I don't think epic toughness is as useful as use to be. Even with 200 PRR, the hits are just so massive in LE that it doesn't seem to matter much, though I have nothing wrong with 50 extra hit points. Just wondering if their is better. Also, I'd switch out Bulwark for OC. Your defenses at 20 are going to be superb anyway, and that 5-8% more dps would probably be more helpful through early epics. I can't speak for Scion of Celestia (SoC) as I haven't played with it yet.

The downside I see to your build is Vanguard capstone on either fighter or paladin is to much to give up and it is you coup de grace throughout epics. 2 paladin will give 8 to saves, and allows you to twist in Divine Might through Divine Crusader Tier one, and gives you 1d4 light dmg (probably around an avg of 9 dmg at 30). Otherwise, vanguard capstone gives you [from Wiki]

Shield Champion: While shield is equipped: +2 attack, +2 damage, +5% doublestrike, +1(W), an additional +5% (total 20%) Combat Style bonus to Melee Attack Speed, and shield bash stuns 5% of the time DC (10 + 1/2 Character lvl + strength modifier + stun bonus)
http://ddowiki.com/page/Vanguard_enhancements

The doublestrike and attack speed are huge on their on, but that that shield bash is that coup de graw that I was speaking of. I don't think +8 to save is worth that.

You can get +12 item, and then according to, I think it was Cthruthego, items with +x save toward enchantments or spell saves one are stacking. You can can also carry Prot of Evil pots, wear death block and death ward, and if you have bard PLs that's a plus too.

FranOhmsford
03-02-2016, 09:14 PM
I don't see much wrong with your feats. I don't think epic toughness is as useful as use to be. Even with 200 PRR, the hits are just so massive in LE that it doesn't seem to matter much, though I have nothing wrong with 50 extra hit points. Just wondering if their is better. Also, I'd switch out Bulwark for OC. Your defenses at 20 are going to be superb anyway, and that 5-8% more dps would probably be more helpful through early epics. I can't speak for Scion of Celestia (SoC) as I haven't played with it yet.

The downside I see to your build is Vanguard capstone on either fighter or paladin is to much to give up and it is you coup de grace throughout epics. 2 paladin will give 8 to saves, and allows you to twist in Divine Might through Divine Crusader Tier one, and gives you 1d4 light dmg (probably around an avg of 9 dmg at 30). Otherwise, vanguard capstone gives you [from Wiki]

http://ddowiki.com/page/Vanguard_enhancements

The doublestrike and attack speed are huge on their on, but that that shield bash is that coup de graw that I was speaking of. I don't think +8 to save is worth that.

You can get +12 item, and then according to, I think it was Cthruthego, items with +x save toward enchantments or spell saves one are stacking. You can can also carry Prot of Evil pots, wear death block and death ward, and if you have bard PLs that's a plus too.

Stalwart actually.

It's an Intimitank build.

A friend just came back to the game and while the game was down for today's hotfix I guessed at his Feat list {He's currently 28} while also working out what he should fit in when he ERs instead of the 6 Toughnesses he currently has {He left before the Heavy Armour and Tactics feats were added in}.

Now before you say Stalwart is terrible DPS or Intimitanks are pointless or anything of that sort:

This guy plays EE - He had multiple EE FoT and CitW completions on this character as well as others before he had to take 6 months off from the game {many of those when cap was 25} and though this character is a 2nd Lifer his main is a Completionist!

AND

You all know how I feel about EEs - I avoid them if at all possible!
BUT
He likes EEs and therefore today we ran EE Friends in Low Places, Me on my Lvl 25 Arti/Rogue 3rd Life Crafter and him on this build at Lvl 28 with only 5 Toughnesses {He'd already swapped one out} instead of the extra PRR/Tactics. {NO Hires either!}.
I did put up an LFM but no-one joined {possibly because as he put it....Our character names were one letter apart and it may have looked like someone Dual-Boxing}.

Now the Kill Count at the end of the quest was 116 for me on a Ranged Arti/Rogue and 70 for him {25 Misadventure, I'm guessing from the Shadow that he kept proccing and 2 for my Dog}.
The Death Count was 4 for me and ZERO for him {actually mine may have been even higher}.

He is EE Capable on that toon {Remember this was a Lvl 28 Quest - Base is 26, EE is 28 so NOT Early Epics!}.

Afterwards I did manage to get him to run the other 3 flags on Heroic Elite instead {He was only after the PDK Favour thank goodness} and we completely skipped Mirror {because I hate that quest!}.

Obviously he is looking to strengthen the Build however and I just wanted to make sure nothing was missing from the above feat list or that we hadn't missed some hidden benefit from one of the other Legendary Feats {There doesn't seem to be one that would suit a Fighter - The only two Melee specific ones being aimed at Rogues}.

Yes he's missing DPS but he's nigh on unkillable!
No he's not going to be trying to Solo EEs - He's a group minded player who's main two characters are a Raid Healer Cleric {well currently on 2nd Warlock Life I think} and an Intimitank {this one}.

Kitma
05-27-2016, 04:31 AM
This is very similar to one of my builds. After the fix to Divine Grace I decided to go 16 Fighter, 3 Pally and 1 Fav Soul.

The trade off is a loss of 1 feat, 1 BAB, a smattering of HP and the inability to take a lvl 18 ability in an enhancement tree (which I wasn't taking anyway) to gain +4 Fort, +5 Will & Reflex, 180 SP, Fear immunity, Disease Immunity and the ability to cast 2 spells (I usually opt for nightshield and remove fear which comes in handy more often than you'd think when helping other players).

I'm having a lot of fun with this char and as I get more ED's under his belt, the DPS is not too shabby either... nothing like my barb of course but that's not what this build is about. I'm very happy with his survivability thus far.

Grailhawk
05-27-2016, 07:43 AM
I would drop Dodge, Mobility, and Shield Deflection for THF chain, and Elusive Target for PTHF. Since your using a Bastard Sword.

Jetrule
05-27-2016, 11:47 AM
Assuming the 18/2 split is set in stone and just looking at feat selection. I would drop the weakest heavy armor combatant for 3/3 and the toughness feat for weapon focus weapon spec. shield deflection and heavy armor champion for greater weapon focus and spec. thats a loss of 9 mrr and prr about and 40 hitpoints after stance and item bonuses. The shield deflection feat is like dodge for incoming fire balls. unless he has great awareness and timing with shield blocking and it never lags, it will never pay off. If he is a great reflex blocker then it will pay off only 30% of the tome he pulls of that well timed block.

In exchange he gets passive +2 to hit +4 to damage and 8 mele power.

If he can find a nice dodge item http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Pendant_of_Quiet_Movements_(level_28) he can drop mobility and maybey dodge and still be caped on dodge % In which case he could gain more dps through two handed fighting feats or slip back in the 6/6 prr mrr and toughness.