PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Wednesday, March 2nd

Cordovan
03-01-2016, 06:56 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, March 2nd from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

This hotfix will correct an issue with several doors that are making it difficult or impossible to complete several quests, add a handful of items to the 10th Anniversary gift list, fix the Lesser Dragonmark of Scribing, get the Arcane Archer's Final Strike working correctly, and possibly correct the sound issue with chests and loot.

Memnir
03-01-2016, 06:58 PM
add a handful of items to the 10th Anniversary gift listWhat items?

and possibly correct the sound issue with chests and loot.Thank you!

Cordovan
03-01-2016, 07:03 PM
What items?
Thank you!

A cosmetic Robe of Winter Ice, the heroic Sword of Shadow, Cloudburst, and an auto-consume 100,000 XP gem.

cdbd3rd
03-01-2016, 07:06 PM
A cosmetic Robe of Winter Ice, the heroic Sword of Shadow, Cloudburst, and an auto-consume 100,000 XP gem.

Cool.

My fantasy list would've included a guild renown token, but I can see that being a bit much since it's 'per character'.

That robe will work for the people looking for a cosmetic to put festival resists on?
(I'm sure some folks will want to know.)

Cordovan
03-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Cool.

My fantasy list would've included a guild renown token, but I can see that being a bit much since it's 'per character'.

That robe will work for the people looking for a cosmetic to put festival resists on?

Unclear on the robe. It was never something that was technically intended to happen, but it works sometimes, and we have no plans to change it that I am aware of.

LevelJ
03-01-2016, 07:19 PM

Assuming this robe is the winter one from the daily dice, it should. The thing has been around as long as most of the cosmetics that trick works with.

...and yea, now that you mention it, glaciation would go very nicely with it =)

-Jayron

Kompera_Oberon
03-01-2016, 07:21 PM
[...] possibly correct the sound issue with chests and loot.
Possibly? Please leave the servers down for as long as it takes to implement the reversal of that horrible, horrible addition to the game. I don't care if that means they remain down until after the data center migration, just dooo iiiit.

Zebedar
03-01-2016, 07:21 PM
get the Arcane Archer's Final Strike working correctly,

Cool, will that involve posting the formula for calculating the damage and effect of this Tier V ability? As it stands now the mathematics, conditions, effects, range, agents for increasing (buff) for this are completely unknowable. Which is a unwelcome precedent for the game.

If those will not be provided to the players can we instead expect to see the issue addressed and the change in design philosophy explained in some communications from the developers? And can that communication address if this type of hidden ability and effect will be a feature of the game going forward so that players can make a educated decision?

pjw
03-01-2016, 07:25 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday...

No fix for the tattoo problem? ie. lower facial tatoo 8 disappearing when you enter the game?

Memnir
03-01-2016, 07:30 PM
A cosmetic Robe of Winter Ice, the heroic Sword of Shadow, Cloudburst, and an auto-consume 100,000 XP gem.Nice.

Any word on what to do about characters that already spent their tokens?

ssgcmwatson
03-01-2016, 07:40 PM

anybody have a pic of the cosmetic robe?

Rendron
03-01-2016, 08:12 PM

i think we are out of luck. seems to be your fault that we didnt know that the list is not complete....

nevermind... Happy 10th 8)

LevelJ
03-01-2016, 08:18 PM
anybody have a pic of the cosmetic robe?

I'm 99% certain it's the daily dice one, so this would be it:

http://i.imgur.com/islNLkj.jpg

Not my character...it's the one single dude on my server who has managed to find it on the daily dice (yea, it's that rare :p )

Easily my favorite armor look of all-time (although the Shadowfell Regalia is a veeery close second)

-Jayron

icekinslayer
03-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Possibly? Please leave the servers down for as long as it takes to implement the reversal of that horrible, horrible addition to the game. I don't care if that means they remain down until after the data center migration, just dooo iiiit.

does that noise happen for anyone else when picking an end reward too?

LeoLionxxx
03-01-2016, 08:38 PM
This will make the list complete, yes? After the hotfix we can spend out tickets?

Puddletoes
03-01-2016, 08:57 PM
does that noise happen for anyone else when picking an end reward too?

Does for me, for every single item in the list.

Seikojin
03-01-2016, 09:07 PM

Nice.

I agree, if I had known something like that was in the works, I definitely would have taken some of these items instead of the ones I picked. Wump, Wump.

Clacker12
03-01-2016, 10:00 PM
What's the phase? i'm not mad about not being able to return the item i got for a token..only very disappointed

Starla70
03-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Yes the noise is for everyone to hear.

Sehenry03
03-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Any chance of Mornh or Nightmare being added? Mainly Mornh. Its the only weapon my paladin wants lol

Qezuzu
03-01-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm 99% certain it's the daily dice one, so this would be it:

Not my character...it's the one single dude on my server who has managed to find it on the daily dice (yea, it's that rare :p )

Easily my favorite armor look of all-time (although the Shadowfell Regalia is a veeery close second)

-Jayron

That horrible feeling when Water Elemental form would cover this up :(

-Avalon-
03-02-2016, 12:48 AM
Two questions:
1- is the cosmetic robe BTC like the rest of the list is?
2- any way we could get the Shroud of the Abbot on the list as well?

dredre9987
03-02-2016, 01:32 AM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, March 2nd from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

This hotfix will correct an issue with several doors that are making it difficult or impossible to complete several quests, add a handful of items to the 10th Anniversary gift list, fix the Lesser Dragonmark of Scribing, get the Arcane Archer's Final Strike working correctly, and possibly correct the sound issue with chests and loot.

Anything about the folks who never got the message that things were not in the trade in list til it was too late?

Sunnie
03-02-2016, 03:52 AM
That horrible feeling when Water Elemental form would cover this up :(
Scroll Camouflage, that removes the elemental form graphics and lets you see your armor.

Nyata
03-02-2016, 06:02 AM
Scroll Camouflage, that removes the elemental form graphics and lets you see your armor.

oh, that's what does it. I have been wondering what causes it. and how to replicate. thanks much!

Hawkwier
03-02-2016, 06:33 AM

So will there be any help for those of us who, in good faith, turned in our tokens already and are consequently missing out on these additional items due to Turbine's awful communication on the fact the initial list was incomplete?

So far the response from the devs on here has been a wholly disappointing silence. Be good to know if any remedy is planned, or if we are to be left high and dry and need to start raising tickets with CS. :(

Sc00byuk
03-02-2016, 06:53 AM
So will there be any help for those of us who, in good faith, turned in our tokens already and are consequently missing out on these additional items due to Turbine's awful communication on the fact the initial list was incomplete?

So far the response from the devs on here has been a wholly disappointing silence. Be good to know if any remedy is planned, or if we are to be left high and dry and need to start raising tickets with CS. :(

Yes my main character would really like to give her Kundarak Delving boots back and have a Heroic SoS instead as she foolishly epiced the one she had.

Kulothar
03-02-2016, 07:20 AM
I know you said there could be more additions after the fact and since a lot of people spent their tokens when they logged on (as you suggested) I think there could be a lot of upset players. Maybe if there is another hotfix you could add to the same vendor the list of original rewards in exchange for a token back. That way people that spent their token on something they didn't really want or need could get it back and use it on another item. I realize that anyone that has old abbot or CitW (etc.) items that were on that list could trade them for something but it would be a better solution than giving everyone a second token.

I know that I got a couple of items just because I didn't want the token to go to waste before the event ended (time/date unspecified) but would prefer something added later.

Hipparan
03-02-2016, 07:25 AM
1- is the cosmetic robe BTC like the rest of the list is?

I hope not, but probably so. Some of my characters didn't need items, so I picked items just to turn into cosmetics, which can be traded over since they are BtA. I wish I could make a BtA cosmetic of this cosmetic if it isn't already :P

96th_Malice
03-02-2016, 08:00 AM

<< Likes my cosmetics !! ... I should spend more time on making characters good in game rather than LOOK good in game !

Cya in a few hours

96th_Malice
03-02-2016, 08:02 AM

Do what I did

Make sure you have at LEAST 4th lvl Ranger in all your classes ...... I hate looking like a tree or rock as well

hehe ... no ?

now if there was some way to get rid of the fish bowl space helmet look ( water Breathing )

LXP
03-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Any chance of Mornh or Nightmare being added? Mainly Mornh. Its the only weapon my paladin wants lol

I would in fact prefer the Nightmare ;)

Towrn
03-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Nice.

I'm with Mem here.

I used my token on my main WELL before any knowledge of more items being added.

Can anything be done there?

raclaw
03-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Why dont Severlin's Armor?? ;) it looks fantastic!! :)

Yvonnel-1
03-02-2016, 08:44 AM
you could add to the same vendor the list of original rewards in exchange for a token back. That way people that spent their token on something they didn't really want or need could get it back and use it on another item. I realize that anyone that has old abbot or CitW (etc.) items that were on that list could trade them for something but it would be a better solution than giving everyone a second token.

that would be a nice way to handle it i guess, but confusion in the making could lead to ppl be able to trade in their "original" looted raid items into Tokens and then on into whatever they need - would like to see such fail hehe :p

could filter me about 60-80 items depending on the final choice ^^

houxer1
03-02-2016, 08:46 AM
whenever I try to open the DDO store it always freezes and the crashes my client making me reload, it also happens at the character selection screen.

biglou
03-02-2016, 08:59 AM
is there anyway for this turn in or even future turn ins to have the turn in person available as a ship crew member for one week with no renew, this would let guilds turn in the tokens on ship instead of everyone on the server stuffing themselves into one tiny space in one zone

Kompera_Oberon
03-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Nice.

Screwed.

I agree, if I had known something like that was in the works, I definitely would have taken some of these items instead of the ones I picked. Wump, Wump.
Screwed.

What's the phase? i'm not mad about not being able to return the item i got for a token..only very disappointed
Screwed.

Anything about the folks who never got the message that things were not in the trade in list til it was too late?
Screwed.

Screwed.

I know you said there could be more additions after the fact and since a lot of people spent their tokens when they logged on (as you suggested) I think there could be a lot of upset players. Maybe if there is another hotfix you could add to the same vendor the list of original rewards in exchange for a token back. That way people that spent their token on something they didn't really want or need could get it back and use it on another item. I realize that anyone that has old abbot or CitW (etc.) items that were on that list could trade them for something but it would be a better solution than giving everyone a second token.

I know that I got a couple of items just because I didn't want the token to go to waste before the event ended (time/date unspecified) but would prefer something added later.
Scre...You know the routine.

It's free stuff. Yeah, it kinda sucks that there was a bit of a bait and switch involved, but it's still free stuff.

somenewnoob
03-02-2016, 09:05 AM
It's not often that the complaint about loot is "This loot is too effing noisy!"

Saekee
03-02-2016, 09:12 AM
Nice.

I would have simply not added the new ones that will appear in the next patch (Sword of Shadows, robe, xp, cloudburst, etc). Big mistake to add them now. That would have solved the inevitable crowd that will complain that their free piƱata was not fully stacked.

vaniir1976
03-02-2016, 09:12 AM
I would in fact prefer the Nightmare ;)

Yeah I still don't understand why we only get 7 of the 13 CitW weapons as options here. Who picked those 7? Why not the other 6?? So silly..

somenewnoob
03-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Anybody know that saying about the gift horse?

Heikenmoore
03-02-2016, 09:20 AM

I knew it couldn't last forever. It seems that I was only a handful of people (and I am assuming someone else pulled it, because I have never seen someone else wearing it) wearing the cosmetic Cloak of Ice. I will say that many people have commented on the robe and wished they had one. It is a very cool cosmetic.

By the way, the received mine on a 100% Daily Dice Roll two winters ago.

Enjoy the new cosmetic!

Heikenmoore
03-02-2016, 09:25 AM

For those of us that rushed to the Djinn and chose an item from the list with their token, not knowing the list was incomplete, and ended up choosing something from the list, even though it wasn't something they really needed, are you going to allow us to trade items. I would really have like to have had the Sword of Shadow on a couple of my melees.

Thanks for all you do!

somenewnoob
03-02-2016, 09:26 AM
For those of us that rushed to the Djinn and chose an item from the list with their token, not knowing the list was incomplete, and ended up choosing something from the list, even though it wasn't something they really needed, are you going to allow us to trade items. I would really have like to have had the Sword of Shadow on a couple of my melees.

Thanks for all you do!

No but it can still be acquired by running Von like it always has been.

PSU_Lion
03-02-2016, 09:26 AM

Thanks for all you do!

I second this!!!!!!! It sure would be nice to get something more useful.

Thanks

Ryiah
03-02-2016, 09:36 AM
It's free stuff. Yeah, it kinda sucks that there was a bit of a bait and switch involved, but it's still free stuff.

Yes, because Turbine never has these kinds of bugs with free stuff. Really I'm surprised we're not all used to it by now. :p

uknowddo
03-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Looks like the update is done.. my ddoclient downloaded updates... prolly just waiting for servers now.

Cordovan
03-02-2016, 10:16 AM
The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game!

skorpeon
03-02-2016, 10:16 AM
logging in now

RedOrm
03-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Looks like the update is done.. my ddoclient downloaded updates... prolly just waiting for servers now.

I hope someone posts a pic here soon of the actual cosmetic robe...
Because this one looks pretty cool:

But a cosmetic version of the regular Robe of Winter is... Not so good...
http://ddowiki.com/images/Robe_of_Resistance_shown.jpg

Greetz,
Red Orm

Malex
03-02-2016, 10:23 AM
I think this change to the list is not fair, even worse is really bad.

I mean, ok, i already have dropped a SoS on my first life without even knowing it was good at that time, so I cant really complain, but for instance other newbies could.
SoS is definetly the best item among those (K boots and the googles still work grean for a newb since FoM and true seeing are important, but those things can be found in other items as well.. while there's no sword like that).

Anyway I would have picked the cosmetic if I could, but Turbine hate people who gets excited and gives better prizes to those who waits..

Roedyn
03-02-2016, 10:23 AM
The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game!

Woohoo!

45 minutes early! Great work, and even better news!

Sunnie
03-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Opening the store still crashes the game :/

Memnir
03-02-2016, 10:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/islNLkj.jpgIt's this one. And it's bound to account not character, so if you have a bank mule and like the robe it's not bad.

Pewf
03-02-2016, 10:37 AM
The Cosmetic is BtA, so grab an Alt if you wanted the robe and put it in your shared bank. Yay, thank you.

GoldyGopher
03-02-2016, 10:42 AM

Do we get a release notes or a quick list of changes?

Svartelric
03-02-2016, 10:46 AM

And, as predicted, no reply to the spent-token-before-warning thing.

Zeleron
03-02-2016, 10:59 AM

I am saddened about final strike not being fully fixed for elf AA :(.

kanordog
03-02-2016, 11:02 AM
...and possibly correct the sound issue with chests and loot.

Thanks a lot!

Hawkwier
03-02-2016, 11:04 AM
And, as predicted, no reply to the spent-token-before-warning thing.

Yep - thanks for nothing Devs. Quite literally. Nothing. :(

Certainly nothing by way of any constructive response or help on this at any rate, since it has been raised to you on the many, apparently completely, ignored posts

In fact, perhaps not quite nothing, because everyone getting nothing would at least feel fairer on those of us without the divine/telepathic ability to second-guess the incompetence involved here, and thus not feel left comparatively disadvantaged by Turbines foul up.

Happy birthday, indeed? What a load of rubbish! :(

lifestaker
03-02-2016, 11:07 AM

Is there notes regarding this, or was it mostly the additional items being added?

kanordog
03-02-2016, 11:13 AM

Greetz,
Red Orm

Well, good news, I took it with a not used toon and this is the look, it also says BTA... and the shared bank accepts it :D
so there's another good use for bank toons

Claver
03-02-2016, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the additional gift options. These are gifts after all; I know you could have opted to not provide the expanded choices whatsoever to avoid backlash from those who have already claimed their gifts.

On a more important note; opening the DDO store still causes my game client to crash. I never new how much I valued the store until it was gone.

I am using Windows XP, running on Bootcamp from a 2009 MacBook Pro

DrawingGuy
03-02-2016, 11:22 AM

Certainly nothing by way of any constructive response or help on this at any rate, since it has been raised to you on the many, apparently completely, ignored posts

In fact, perhaps not quite nothing, because everyone getting nothing would at least feel fairer on those of us without the divine/telepathic ability to second-guess the incompetence involved here, and thus not feel left comparatively disadvantaged by Turbines foul up.

I find this to be a serious over-reaction. The really hard to get items from Abbot and Titan were already listed as you almost never find parties for that quest. Sword of Shadows is nice and all, but not hard to find a party for it as it's run commonly for XP - most veterans will put it for roll (I personally have put out well over a dozen for roll in my fruitless attempts at getting a shard). None of these items are end-game, and almost all of them are beaten even at level by random gen. The ONLY unique item worth getting your panties in a bunch over is the cosmetic robe, and that is Account Bound. Just roll a new toon, snag it, and trade it over.

Personally I'm GLAD they added these few items later rather than not at all.

kanordog
03-02-2016, 11:22 AM
On a more important note; opening the DDO store still causes my game client to crash. I never new how much I valued the store until it was gone.

I have the same issue so does my wife and I couldn't open it on XP or (L)Ubuntu , the only difference between the two that it does not crash in ubuntu just displays the black background...
such a shame I wanted to buy her packs, she;s missing a few.

-Avalon-
03-02-2016, 11:42 AM
The really hard to get items from Abbot and Titan were already listed as you almost never find parties for that quest.

Unfortunately, Shroud of the Abbot is not among the items. Maybe not sought after as much as Litany or Quiver, but way more sought after than probably a third or more of the items listed, and from one of those, 'hard to get together' raids, making it just as much a pain to acquire... And, it's still pretty nice for PM's at lower levels, as well as one of the better cosmetic graphics for robes even today.

btolson
03-02-2016, 11:44 AM

According to the LOTRO producer (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7548329#post7548329) the new store is not compatible with XP, and they're not able to fix it.

RedOrm
03-02-2016, 12:08 PM
It's this one. And it's bound to account not character, so if you have a bank mule and like the robe it's not bad.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Greetz,
Red Orm

GrantAnderson
03-02-2016, 12:10 PM

Let's do the dev team the courtesy of assuming that 'no news' means they're still discussing it behind the scenes and working on a response. Possibly writing code to do trade-ins is harder than it sounds, especially if the gift items aren't 'fingerprinted' in some way or your gift choice isn't recorded somewhere. Imagine the rush to trade Voice of the Master for Sword of Shadows!

LevelJ
03-02-2016, 12:13 PM
In the case of those who wanted to get the cosmetic robe, my recommendation is this: Use the free character slot you just got with U30 to get a "second chance" of sorts at the freebie list. Odds are, even if you did use the slot already, no one had a chance in 3 days to do anything major with that character yet that would be upset greatly by a reroll (well, unless you already migrated some tomes over). Once you have the robe, send it over to an alt (since it's BtA) and you have your second chance.

I know the other items can't be sent (so if you wanted those you are probably out of luck there), but that robe is really the only thing on the list that is nigh impossible to obtain. The other two new items, Cloudburst & SoS can be obtained fairly easily (eventually) on a high-level toon, though it's true that low leveled toons won't be able to easily attain it.

-Jayron

Hershaw
03-02-2016, 12:37 PM
I know it's a gift but still, I took a CitW item when the event started, and now I see there are 10 comms, which would be much nicer for me to have. Disapointing...

Ghwyn
03-02-2016, 12:38 PM

It funny and sad to see people complain about free prizes. The devs do a great job on what is my favorite game. Happy Anniversary all.

die
03-02-2016, 01:42 PM
And, as predicted, no reply to the spent-token-before-warning thing. Did only one toon get the token? I logged in the day of on m;y wiz and used it. then seen that, there was going to be an update.. so I logged off and didn't play any other toons. now today there are no tokens on any of my characters.

Boneshank
03-02-2016, 02:05 PM
I find this to be a serious over-reaction. The really hard to get items from Abbot and Titan were already listed as you almost never find parties for that quest. Sword of Shadows is nice and all, but not hard to find a party for it as it's run commonly for XP - most veterans will put it for roll (I personally have put out well over a dozen for roll in my fruitless attempts at getting a shard). None of these items are end-game, and almost all of them are beaten even at level by random gen. The ONLY unique item worth getting your panties in a bunch over is the cosmetic robe, and that is Account Bound. Just roll a new toon, snag it, and trade it over.

Personally I'm GLAD they added these few items later rather than not at all.

^This.
Some people just need to complain about anything. ANYTHING! Even free stuff. The self-entitlement of folks these days...
Free gifts for free are free, people. Boohoo though, about you not getting a refund on your free gift. Boohoo.

Nigel137
03-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Did only one toon get the token? I logged in the day of on m;y wiz and used it. then seen that, there was going to be an update.. so I logged off and didn't play any other toons. now today there are no tokens on any of my characters.

Check inside your green ingredients bags. It is probably in there on all your characters.

somenewnoob
03-02-2016, 02:54 PM
^This.
Some people just need to complain about anything. ANYTHING! Even free stuff. The self-entitlement of folks these days...
Free gifts for free are free, people. Boohoo though, about you not getting a refund on your free gift. Boohoo.

Just be glad you're not the poor grandmother who bought one of these little entitled children a sweater they didn't like for christmas!

fatherpirate
03-02-2016, 02:59 PM
SINCE a lot of fest events have been opened for the 10th 'birthday'

why not go all in ?

add mimic hunt AND halloween events as well !

GO FOR IT

Lets go nuts !

Cordovan
03-02-2016, 03:05 PM
The chest sound issue did get corrected in this hotfix.

LevelJ
03-02-2016, 03:29 PM
SINCE a lot of fest events have been opened for the 10th 'birthday'

why not go all in ?

add mimic hunt AND halloween events as well !

GO FOR IT

Lets go nuts !

Cordovan mentioned before that the reasoning for not adding the Halloween even was due to the items expiring during U30. It makes no sense to take something away as promised and then immediately offer it back.

As for the mimic hunt...I think that event is somewhat in disrepair currently. While it is a great event, at the moment there is no loot table for it, since that got moved into Night Revels. That said, if they do happen to build a new loot table for it (one that fits the card system well) I am quite certain that the Mimic Hunt will be a much bigger hit the 2nd time around than the first time.

-Jayron

Cordovan
03-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Cordovan mentioned before that the reasoning for not adding the Halloween even was due to the items expiring during U30. It makes no sense to take something away as promised and then immediately offer it back.

As for the mimic hunt...I think that event is somewhat in disrepair currently. While it is a great event, at the moment there is no loot table for it, since that got moved into Night Revels. That said, if they do happen to build a new loot table for it (one that fits the card system well) I am quite certain that the Mimic Hunt will be a much bigger hit the 2nd time around than the first time.

-Jayron

Correct, the Mimic Hunt loot table was taken apart for Night Revels, so needs to be rebuilt.

Memnir
03-02-2016, 03:40 PM
The chest sound issue did get corrected in this hotfix.http://i.imgur.com/ZUAYWE9.gif

Duana
03-02-2016, 05:09 PM

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29700000/ITS-EANUT-BUTTER-JELLY-TIME-peanut-butter-jelly-time-29787275-607-436.gif

F2PPremiumLeech
03-03-2016, 04:51 AM
Let's do the dev team the courtesy of assuming that 'no news' means they're still discussing it behind the scenes and working on a response. Possibly writing code to do trade-ins is harder than it sounds, especially if the gift items aren't 'fingerprinted' in some way or your gift choice isn't recorded somewhere. Imagine the rush to trade Voice of the Master for Sword of Shadows!

This. I highly doubt that they have the ability to fingerprint what items were gotten by using the anniversary gift and which were gotten in the normal way. IMO all items should have some sort of data field that would help identify where, how and when the player got the item, it could help in tracking down dupers as well.

They are probably talking about whether or not to give second gift to everyone. If they give it to only those who have already reclaimed it, then it angers those who have not. And even if everyone gets another, then people are angry that some got two choices from a full list.

Tscheuss
03-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Turbine, thank you for the free stuff. You saved me a lot of additional hours of chasing after one particular piece of twink for every one of my many alts. :)

MrkGrismer
03-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Correct, the Mimic Hunt loot table was taken apart for Night Revels, so needs to be rebuilt.

I've long thought the 'Mimic Hunt' should be always on, with a very low chance of any particular chest being a Mimic, and the loot being given being the original chest's loot +1d4.

Events could happen where the chance was increased, or items sold that increase the chance.

When the event was active non of my characters got enough 'cards' to actually get anything, so it was something I ignored... personally (YMMV, etc.)

bonscott87
03-03-2016, 10:21 AM
I've long thought the 'Mimic Hunt' should be always on, with a very low chance of any particular chest being a Mimic, and the loot being given being the original chest's loot +1d4.

This. Mimic's should be on at all times at a small chance for any chest. That is what a mimic is after all. :D

MIvan
03-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Is cannith deconstruction fixed?
Release Notes maybe?

searcher15
03-03-2016, 12:39 PM

Thank You doctor, my hearing problems are gone now.

[greedy mode on]
The new loot is nice, alas WF cannot wear robes :-(. Any chance we get something cosmetic for robots too?
[/greedy mode off]