PDA

View Full Version : Log in Issues: Sunday, February 28th

Pages : [1] 2

Cordovan
02-28-2016, 03:01 PM
UPDATE: All game worlds have reopened. We thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

We are currently investigating log in and stability issues across many DDO worlds, and will keep you updated.

Deaeth
02-28-2016, 03:02 PM
We are currently investigating log in and stability issues across many DDO worlds, and will keep you updated.

You crashed Sarlona and now I can't log in!!!!!!! /sadface

jclaassen
02-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Always on top of things, Cordovan!! Thanks!!

Daveodude
02-28-2016, 03:04 PM
More Dragons in Eveningstar. Should clear the lag right up.

firstprotector
02-28-2016, 03:04 PM
if you shut down some of the events that may help, most of us lag with one going, so all is bad idea.

Dark_Helmet
02-28-2016, 03:05 PM
Yeah, my son and I got kicked from the world and now it is searching for logon server for both our clients.

He loves running around in the snow.
:(

Vorn

Thanks for letting us know we can't get in. Off to gather torches and pitchforks :D

Sardukar1138
:(

Croccifixio
02-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Thank you for the update Cordovan. You rock!

Deaeth
02-28-2016, 03:06 PM
More Dragons in Eveningstar. Should clear the lag right up.

Lol, ya Cordovan was just in our harbor causing mass chaos when I was stuck on a load screen. Reloaded DDO and now can't get in :(

Hope it's fixed soon please and ty!!!!

Ravenwolf1
02-28-2016, 03:08 PM
Thank you Cordovan for being on top of it, and keeping us posted!!

Gurei23
02-28-2016, 03:08 PM
Thanks for being on top of this Cordovan! Given the fact I pumpkin and skulled over half of the Harbor and Marketplace on Cannith, fingers immediately pointed towards me for the lag witch hunt lol. Not my fault, hooray \o/

gentleben56
02-28-2016, 03:09 PM
<li><rgb=#FFFF00> cant you just reboot the loggin servers again like 2 weeks ago when this happened

fallenchosen
02-28-2016, 03:11 PM
This is why we can' t have nice things....

Aishana
02-28-2016, 03:12 PM
You may want to stick a little notice on the launcher for anyone who might be trying to log on for the first time today or whatever. Just so they know what's going on. :)

LadyKoneko
02-28-2016, 03:12 PM
2/28/2016 RIP Hamtaro.. you did well running the servers.

Nyata
02-28-2016, 03:13 PM
This is why we can' t have nice things....

naw I never get nice things because I am always at the wrong place at the right time. :) Actually when I got stuck in a loading screen right now trying to get to the marketplace on Khyber I was thinking 'dang, I bet Cordovan is in the marketplace right now and I am missing him yet again' :)

OrodelaSol
02-28-2016, 03:13 PM
if you shut down some of the events that may help, most of us lag with one going, so all is bad idea.

^^ This...too many events at once. When 1 causes issues who thought that multiple would b a good idea? Anyway just shut it all down n start update 30 instead i'm level 30 on my main with an empty tr bank...

bls904c2
02-28-2016, 03:14 PM
got booted in quest on cannith fighting end boss bad timing

Dibler
Thanks for jumping on this so quickly

madmaxhunter
Not a good omen of the next 10 years :(

I agree, all events at once was not a good idea.

Seikojin
02-28-2016, 03:15 PM
Understandable with what is going on. Will check in now and again. Thelanis shows as down world wise.

Hopefully I can get in and score some event time. :)

carspar
02-28-2016, 03:15 PM
Thelanis is still down

bls904c2
02-28-2016, 03:16 PM
^^ This...too many events at once. When 1 causes issues who thought that multiple would b a good idea? Anyway just shut it all down n start update 30 instead i'm level 30 on my main with an empty tr bank...

ran raids friday and saturday with little to no lag i don't think its all the events fault

Lerl
02-28-2016, 03:17 PM
I am not sure this is related to the events. I was running in E-star with some guildies a couple of days ago and had the same kind of lag, with no events running. Locked up tight as a drum for 3 minutes at a time twice, causing party wipes.

Dirtywyrm
02-28-2016, 03:19 PM

Have the Gnomes been tinkering with the servers in anticipation for tomorrow? I was on a date in Cannith...

Lagin
02-28-2016, 03:21 PM
Cordovan, it's the Kobolds. You made them upset because you didn't morph into a giant Kobold while visiting the servers.

jreinoehl2
02-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Wayfinder server still up, haven't tested others but that means there was no accidental release because otherwise it would affect all servers.

Cannith- unofficially down, stuck at attempt 1.
Argonessen- unofficially down, same.
Thelanis- officially down.
Orien- unofficially down, stuck at attempt 1.
Sarlona- same.
G-land- same.
Wayfinder- UP.

thesiuscadol

Eeek get it fixed quick the wife is talking about outside..... Hurry help

Elibolas
Cordovan, it's the Kobolds. You made them upset because you didn't morph into a giant Kobold while visiting the servers.

Dude. It's the Gnomes. It's always the Gnomes.

Stormblade721
02-28-2016, 03:24 PM
Thanks for letting us know we can't get in. Off to gather torches and pitchforks :D

said helpfully. "Don't forget the Naptha"

Stormblade721
02-28-2016, 03:25 PM

in a helpful voice, "Don't forget the Naptha".

Sunnie
02-28-2016, 03:25 PM
ran raids friday and saturday with little to no lag i don't think its all the events fault
I agree. I've noticed considerably less lag over the last few days compared to when only one event is running. In fact, several events mean the players are spread out over different areas, instead of half the server standing by at Euphonia for example and all rushing into Crystal Cove at the same time, so having more of them at the same time should actually alleviate the lag compared to normal events.

Yvonnel-1
02-28-2016, 03:26 PM
i dont get tired over the years and will go on asking: WHO wants winter games any longer?

i see a cove or two for latecomers needing a twink gear but risia ?

Lerincho
02-28-2016, 03:26 PM

So old school, torches and pitchforks. Tar and feather would have been more modern :)

BREAKING NEWS
We are sad to report that DDO died today. Cause of death was too much celebration. Story at 10.

Cordovan
02-28-2016, 03:27 PM
We are currently investigating networking and infrastructure issues. Thelanis is completely unavailable, and login to most works is largely unavailable. We will keep you updated.

Grandern_Marn
02-28-2016, 03:27 PM
OK, party's over. We will get our revenge in the anniversary quest tomorrow...

PS - Kobold still hates you!

hirmor
02-28-2016, 03:28 PM
OK, party's over. We will get our revenge in the anniversary quest tomorrow...

Got to like an optimist...

Duana
02-28-2016, 03:29 PM

Yeah. I thought, for a single split of a single second, that was going to be the actual 10th birthday gift. Uber lag reduction code.

Have the Gnomes been tinkering with the servers in anticipation for tomorrow? I was on a date in Cannith...

They ate the gerbils.

Wayfinder server still up, haven't tested others but that means there was no accidental release because otherwise it would affect al servers.

That's not what she said.

Doh
Doh!!!!

Chi_Ryu
i dont get tired over the years and will go on asking: WHO wants winter games any longer?

I'd forgotten to get some twink Festival fire/cold resist on cosmetics for my alt account, so I do. Free stacking +10 resists is lovely for low level characters.

MrTrolol
We are currently investigating networking and infrastructure issues. Thelanis is completely unavailable, and login to most works is largely unavailable. We will keep you updated.

Is there an expected time fix? I want to buy an otto's box XD, TAKE MY MONEY OH LORD AND SAVOUIR

bls904c2
02-28-2016, 03:30 PM

i do the ice games in eveningstar
the pots are decient

captain1z
02-28-2016, 03:31 PM
........... I hadn't played in 4 months (was playing SWTOR), I logged on to the website and was thinking about making a quick Assassin. I know I have the gear banked so I figured I would buy an Ottos Box and a +7 Tome. Then Im like, should I sub because my characters are overflowing. This would involve updating my credit card and combating my thrifty nature but I finally settled on an amount I was willing to spend.

Fine, click the game launcher, log in, wait............wait......wait! Close out window, try 4 more times....then checks forums. Sees this post, now Im like "I was gonna pay for this?" I gotta tell you guys, the low population is one thing, not even being able to get on is another. I'll try a few more times but if I cant log on, I cant play.

Nonesuch2008
02-28-2016, 03:31 PM

That would be me, amongst others. But the event is screaming for a loot table update.

krzyysiek098
02-28-2016, 03:32 PM
Bah, wanted to run a few Sagas while guild renown boost is on. Guess no fun for me... :(

Nyata

every year I am helping at least one person getting the motes together for the polar bear companion. I always have some friend or guildie asking to help with components for icy burst kits. Also I have to admit I *like* the ice skating track. wish you could get anything else out of it, sure, but I skate just for fun because I enjoy it.

I am not claiming to speak for any form of majority when I say that there definitely is people who still want soemthing out of it. And just because some more jaded players think it's useless, it does not mean it doesn't have it's place and reason for being.

OrodelaSol
Wayfinder server still up, haven't tested others but that means there was no accidental release because otherwise it would affect al servers.

well hello my german friends then! er, hallo mein deutche freunde! i mean... got lvl 12 something there...

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 03:36 PM
I blame the Gnomes.

Those bunch, always tinkering with machinery and up to wacky hijinks...

Welp, let'see if we can get a text adventure up!

You wake up and find yourself with your face planted against the water running on top of a stone surface below you. You feel like you're suffocating.

Do you:

A) Stay still.
B) Get off your lazy ass.
C) Evolve gills.
D) Skip the story ahead by an undetermined amount of time.

Nyata
02-28-2016, 03:40 PM
I blame the Gnomes.

You wake up and find yourself with your face planted against the water running on top of a stone surface below you. You feel like you're suffocating.

Do you:

A) Stay still.
C) Evolve gills.

B)
while thinking 'oh no, not again!'

Yvonnel-1
02-28-2016, 03:42 PM
ok ok im sorry then for those still happy running them:)

i just finnaly stopped with events after the third change in mechs for Mabar :(

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 03:43 PM
B)
while thinking 'oh no, not again!'

You get up. You realize you're in a sewer of some sort.

You have the taste of sewer water in your mouth now. Eww.

There is light coming from a round hole in the ceiling, you assume that's where you fell from.

The path splits into two: up and downstream.

Do you:

A) Go upstream, to wherever this sewage is coming from.
B) Go downstream, to wherever this sewage leads.
C) Give up

Sunnie
02-28-2016, 03:45 PM

There is light coming from a round hole in the ceiling, you assume that's where you fell from.

Do you:

C) Give up
Let's go downstream, away from the... dung.

Yvonnel-1
02-28-2016, 03:46 PM
every year I am helping at least one person getting the motes together for the polar bear companion. I always have some friend or guildie asking to help with components for icy burst kits. Also I have to admit I *like* the ice skating track. wish you could get anything else out of it, sure, but I skate just for fun because I enjoy it.

I am not claiming to speak for any form of majority when I say that there definitely is people who still want soemthing out of it. And just because some more jaded players think it's useless, it does not mean it doesn't have it's place and reason for being.

not that i cant enjoy a nice game without proviting - but im not happy with anything hurting a loved games performance

Deaeth
02-28-2016, 03:46 PM

Yall should leave this post to service news or things relating to the OP, and make a text adv thread if you so choose.

Just my 2 cp

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 03:48 PM

You follow the questionably-smelling sewage downstream.

Suddenly, a random encounter occurs!

Sewer Alligator:

HP: 14

Sewer Alligator ambushes you!
Sewer Alligator uses [Bite]!

You take 3 damage.

Do you:

A) Punch
B) Kick
C) Run
D) Special Move
E) Item
F) Talk
G) Skip the story ahead by an undetermined amount of time.

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 03:49 PM
Yall should leave this post to service news or things relating to the OP, and make a text adv thread if you so choose.

Just my 2 cp

I did the same thing during other Downtimes with absurdly longer downtime than initially projected.

No one seemed to mind. In fact, a lot of them joined in.

Aelonwy
02-28-2016, 03:50 PM
I blame the Gnomes.

Do you:

A) Stay still.
C) Evolve gills.

Combination of B and E) Check my appearance. Where the heck is my brush?

Sunnie

Sewer Alligator:

You take 3 damage.

Do you:

A) Punch
B) Kick
C) Run
D) Special Move
E) Item
F) Talk
H) Rage and repeatedly jump on the alligator.

GlassCannon

Do you:

C) Give up

E) Pull a magic pen out of my (unintelligible) and begin scrawling various egresses all over the walls in hope one opens to a place I favor

SpudNielster
02-28-2016, 03:51 PM
Thanks for being on top of this Cordovan! Given the fact I pumpkin and skulled over half of the Harbor and Marketplace on Cannith, fingers immediately pointed towards me for the lag witch hunt lol. Not my fault, hooray \o/

So it was you! I knew it, I am coming for you with my pumpkin pie machine! :D

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 03:52 PM
So it was you! I knew it, I am coming for you with my pumpkin pie machine! :D

Oh damn, where do I get one of those?

I am practically an addict.

dunklezhan
/sigh. I left my inlaws early (dragging wife and boy with me) and rushed us all back 150 miles to play with my buds during my one timeslot I might actually get to play the anniversary... and the servers die 30 mins before I get home.

Great.

ForgettableNPC
H) Rage and repeatedly jump on the alligator.

You jump on the alligator in a bloodthirsty rage.

...Jumping on an alligator's skin with your bare feet make your feet hurt.

You take 2 damage.

Sewer Alligator is currently confused.

Do you:

A) Attack
B) Retreat
C) Use item
D) Use a special move
E) Skip the story ahead by an undetermined amount of time.

Aelonwy

Do you:

C) Give up

B go downstream, never go where the sewage comes from... ewww

Corino
I did the same thing during other Downtimes with absurdly longer downtime than initially projected.

No one seemed to mind. In fact, a lot of them joined in.

I don't care if you do this, just would be nice to not be on a thread we are trying to check for updates.

Aelonwy
02-28-2016, 03:53 PM

Sewer Alligator:

You take 3 damage.

Do you:

A) Punch
B) Kick
C) Run
D) Special Move
E) Item
F) Talk

C Run Screaming, with a sweet alto scream of horror.

Kulothar
02-28-2016, 03:53 PM
This is what happens when you let gnomes play with magic.

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 03:54 PM
I don't care if you do this, just would be nice to not be on a thread we are trying to check for updates.

That's what the Dev Tracker is for :P

Sunnie
You jump on the alligator in a bloodthirsty rage.

...Jumping on an alligator's skin with your bare feet make your feet hurt.

You take 2 damage.

Sewer Alligator is currently confused.

Do you:

A) Attack
B) Retreat
C) Use item
D) Use a special move
Grapple it's maw so it can't bit us anymore. Also cover it's eyes to keep it calm. (This is a legit move for wrestling alligators, I guess it's pretty special)

Deaeth

This, I'd love a text adventure. Just a diff thread solely for that would be great.

PSU_Lion
02-28-2016, 03:55 PM
That's what the Dev Tracker is for :P

D) special move poke out one of his eye's.

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 03:56 PM

Sewer Alligator:

You take 3 damage.

Do you:

A) Punch
B) Kick
C) Run
D) Special Move
E) Item
F) Talk

Q) Grasp it romantically, forcing its mouth closed, tie the mouth shut and make sweet, sweet Barry White love to it for hours.

Eventually someone would hear the deep, sonorous singing and rescue me, right?

Aelonwy
02-28-2016, 03:56 PM
Q) Grasp it romantically, forcing its mouth closed, tie the mouth shut and make sweet, sweet Barry White love to it for hours.

You must be a druid.

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 03:58 PM
Grapple it's maw so it can't bit us anymore. Also cover it's eyes to keep it calm. (This is a legit move for wrestling alligators, I guess it's pretty special)

You successfully pacify the Sewer Alligator.

You win!

You gain 8 XP
You gain 3 Gold

You find [Alligator Hide]!

Do you:

A) Keep going
B) Change your mind and walk the other way
C) Eat the gator
D) Do a flip!

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 03:59 PM
You must be a druid.

Nothing wrong with being Druish.

I have a distant relative who is a Druish Princess. She and her beau had a lovely Mog (half man half dog) that I still remember a photo of.

PSU_Lion
02-28-2016, 03:59 PM

You win!

You gain 8 XP
You gain 3 Gold

Do you:

A) Keep going
C) Eat the gator
D) Do a flip!

A) Keep going, I'm amused

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 04:00 PM

You win!

You gain 8 XP
You gain 3 Gold

Do you:

A) Keep going
C) Eat the gator
D) Do a flip!

Wait, how do we get an Alligator Hide after just pacifying it?

Does it just give us its clothing and let us go?

Warning: Graphic content. Animal Nudity.

Nevermind where the Gold came from... euuughh

DreamingReality
naw I never get nice things because I am always at the wrong place at the right time. :) Actually when I got stuck in a loading screen right now trying to get to the marketplace on Khyber I was thinking 'dang, I bet Cordovan is in the marketplace right now and I am missing him yet again' :)

So true! I thought I was the only one who spent all Friday jumping from place to place to try and get in on the fun. :)

This time, I was just sending something in the mail, and it said my inventory was updating and not to mess with it. I could still move until I went to the Harbor and was stuck on the loading screen. The rest of my family, though, got booted off during a quest they were doing. It showed everyone logging off and logging on (even though they weren't) and when they tried to drop out of the party they couldn't. Definitely not normal lag behavior, but I just figured they were trying to do the update for tomorrow early. :)

Sunnie
Aye.
But I vote we take a bite or three out of the gator first. Won't do to travel on an empty stomach.

RonBurgundy2001
02-28-2016, 04:01 PM
I work 6 days a week, for 12 hours a day, this is my one day off and then this happens...........I may just scream unintelligible things from the deck for all the neighbors to hear.

PSU_Lion
02-28-2016, 04:02 PM
Aye.
But I vote we take a bite or three out of the gator first. Won't do to travel on an empty stomach.

Good Call on eating 1st need our energy!!!!!

ForgettableNPC

You decide to keep walking and move on past the tedious random encounter.

You finally find a light at the end of the tunnel.

You stand on the edge to see the trickle of a sewage waterfall dumping itself into the river below, under a wooden bridge.

Do you:

A) Jump down.
B) Jump down, but do a flip!
C) Turn back, maybe you missed something.
D) Look up
E) Try to do some magic.
F) Skip the story ahead by an undetermined amount of time.

Aelonwy
Nothing wrong with being Druish.

I have a distant relative who is a Druish Princess. She and her beau had a lovely Mog (half man half dog) that I still remember a photo of.

I heard they were attacked by a Pizza-ooze and its warforged henchman. =)

Rochelina
02-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

Just had to yell to get my frustrations out, I was trying to log on to catch up in xp with my static group.

Hopefully, everything will be fixed soon.

PSU_Lion

You stand on the edge to see the trickle of a sewage waterfall dumping itself into the river below, under a wooden bridge.

Do you:

A) Jump down.
D) Look up
E) Try to do some magic.

E) try to cast feather fall.

ForgettableNPC
Wait, how do we get an Alligator Hide after just pacifying it?

Does it just give us its clothing and let us go?

Warning: Graphic content. Animal Nudity.

Nevermind where the Gold came from... euuughh

Don't blame me, blame the loot system!
I once looted a Rusty Dagger from a Five-Headed Dragon.

Sunnie
02-28-2016, 04:04 PM

Do you:

A) Jump down.
D) Look up
E) Try to do some magic.
Look up. That water might be shallow, we might sprain our ankle.

Aelonwy
02-28-2016, 04:07 PM

Do you:

A) Jump down.
D) Look up
E) Try to do some magic.

Not jumping down into more sewage so D Look up for a way to climb out maybe?

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 04:07 PM
E) try to cast feather fall.

You cast [Fireball]!

The fireball careens into the bridge above.

It burns rather nicely.

A wagon falls down from the burning bridge.

Do you:

A) Go loot it
B) Run away
C) Try to cast another spell
D) Use [Alligator Hide]

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Don't blame me, blame the loot system!
I once looted a Rusty Dagger from a Five-Headed Dragon.

Hey now, she had six heads and she did finalize the divorce a week later.

I'm glad I didn't have to go through that. Just watching it was painful enough.

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 04:08 PM
You cast [Fireball]!

It burns rather nicely.

Do you:

A) Go loot it
B) Run away
D) Use [Alligator Hide]

C) I want to cast Magic Missile and attack the darkness!
Then I F) Try not to create portals to strange new worlds filled with folks boldly going where no man has gone before.

If a wagon falls and there is no screaming, there are no corpses to eat. I think looting it is a fair option.

PSU_Lion
02-28-2016, 04:09 PM
You cast [Fireball]!

It burns rather nicely.

Do you:

A) Go loot it
B) Run away
D) Use [Alligator Hide]

D) use the Alligator hide as a parachute and jump down to loot wagon

Sunnie
02-28-2016, 04:09 PM
You cast [Fireball]!

It burns rather nicely.

Do you:

A) Go loot it
B) Run away
D) Use [Alligator Hide]
Use Alligator hide to disguise ourselves. Go check out wagon and blame the explosion on the government.

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 04:10 PM
Use Alligator hide to disguise ourselves. Go check out wagon and blame the explosion on the government.

Running for office should be in there somewhere.

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 04:11 PM
C) I want to cast Magic Missile and attack the darkness!
Then I F) Try not to create portals to strange new worlds filled with folks boldly going where no man has gone before.

You cast Magic Missile at the Darkness.

Darkness comes up behind you.

"Hey, stop that, that hurt, you know."

You try your best not to create portals to strange new worlds.

Do you

A) Talk to Darkness
B) Attack Darkness
C) Ignore it and loot the caravan
D) Use [Alligator Hide]
E) Run away
F) Try to cast a spell
G) Skip the story ahead by an undetermined amount of time

Aelonwy
02-28-2016, 04:11 PM
You cast [Fireball]!

It burns rather nicely.

Do you:

A) Go loot it
B) Run away
D) Use [Alligator Hide]

If no one is around complaining A go loot it!

horriblescarz
02-28-2016, 04:12 PM
looks to me like the login server is being DDOSed. just gotta watch the connection speed to see it. starts at 0.02kb/s and then drops to 0.01kb/s. a simple restart might not work if some has charged their lazers.

Cordovan
We are continuing to work on log in and stability issues. We will keep you updated.

SpudNielster
Oh damn, where do I get one of those?

I am practically an addict.

Practically? Try? Try? There is no try... there is only do or do not.

LOL ah I borrow the machine from my wife when she is away... I think it has another name though more common, an oven LOL

Aelonwy
02-28-2016, 04:13 PM

Do you

A) Talk to Darkness
B) Attack Darkness
D) Use [Alligator Hide]
E) Run away
F) Try to cast a spell

H Give Darkness a comforting hug and apologize.

SpudNielster
02-28-2016, 04:14 PM

Do you

A) Talk to Darkness
B) Attack Darkness
D) Use [Alligator Hide]
E) Run away
F) Try to cast a spell

H) Tickle the Darkness until it surrenders and tells me all of its knowledge.

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 04:15 PM

Do you

A) Talk to Darkness
B) Attack Darkness
D) Use [Alligator Hide]
E) Run away
F) Try to cast a spell

œ) Turn this into a romantic comedy and grab the darkness, pull it close and give it a deeply passionate kiss on the mouth, apologizing profusely (which comes out muffled due to kissing) about the magic missile. Then just go loot the caravan and forget the fact that you've got the strangest impression that you're dreaming in Xoriat knocked unconscious somewhere after a frat party hazing prank gone wrong.

SpudNielster
02-28-2016, 04:16 PM
We are continuing to work on log in and stability issues. We will keep you updated.

Don't let the doomsayers drag you down! We know you are all working hard, so in the mean time we eat, drink and pass out :D

thesiuscadol
02-28-2016, 04:19 PM
Don't let the doomsayers drag you down! We know you are all working hard, so in the mean time we eat, drink and pass out :D

I hope your not the one fixing the server and replying to this thread while playing the text based game. BTW C the answer is always C

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 04:19 PM
H Give Darkness a comforting hug and apologize.

Darkness looks somewhat creeped out.

Darkness pushes you back, slightly flustered.

Darkness

Sending Number: Not asked

STR: 14
DEX: 20
CON: 12
INT: 19
WIS: 23
CHA: 32

Affection Level: 15/100

Dislikes: Holy symbols. Sudden flashes of light.

Do you:

A) Talk
B) Ask
C) Gift
D) Fight
E) Date
F) Cast a spell

Sunnie
02-28-2016, 04:20 PM

Darkness

Do you:

A) Talk
B) Ask
C) Gift
D) Fight
E) Date
F) Cast a spell
Date.

Also, I'm going to bed haven't slept in 27 hours. See you guys tomorrow.

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 04:22 PM

Darkness

Do you:

A) Talk
B) Ask
C) Gift
D) Fight
E) Date
F) Cast a spell

A about E and possibly looting that darn Caravan that fell down when your fart lit and it came out as a Fireball on the wrong end and nuked a bridge. Dat CHA score tho. Srs.

Still wondering where the Coffee Ooze came from that you remember eating/drinking earlier before the random waking up somewhere unfamiliar.

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Date.

Also, I'm going to bed haven't slept in 27 hours. See you guys tomorrow.

You ask the Darkness out on a Date.

Darkness' Affection Level isn't high enough!

Do you:

A) Talk
B) Ask
C) Gift
D) Fight
E) Cast a Spell

SpudNielster
02-28-2016, 04:24 PM
I hope your not the one fixing the server and replying to this thread while playing the text based game. BTW C the answer is always C

The only server I ever fixed was a wench in the Bucket of Blood Saloon....

Aelonwy
02-28-2016, 04:25 PM

Darkness

Do you:

A) Talk
B) Ask
C) Gift
D) Fight
E) Date
F) Cast a spell

Gee I was picturing Tim Curry from Legend, guess I should A make small talk.

thesiuscadol
02-28-2016, 04:26 PM

Do you:

A) Talk
B) Ask
C) Gift
D) Fight
E) Cast a Spell

D. I like punching dark things. When that does not work I will Ask ***. Shoot first ask questions later. Yeah that always works.

ColdBrewer
02-28-2016, 04:27 PM
This log in issue is most frustrating to be sure, but what will be... If there is any news on updating status or potential user fixes, please update us all. Happy decennial D.D.O.!!!

...But this is a real bummer man! ;-(

Any chance that y'all at Turbine can extend the bonuses of the weekend an extra day? Pretty please with Bacon on top!

Starla70
02-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Is it all servers? When I tried it had 2 totally down.

DreamingReality
02-28-2016, 04:29 PM

Do you:

A) Talk
B) Ask
C) Gift
D) Fight
E) Cast a Spell

D) Fight. I am a Paladin. I hate darkness and have higher Charisma.

LordDunmore
02-28-2016, 04:30 PM
At 5:26 Eastern, Wayfinder was up. There were more people on that server than I have seen in a LONG time. So if you are suffering withdrawal, at least you can play ddo. :)

Brandwynn
Eeek get it fixed quick the wife is talking about outside..... Hurry help

Mine is making suggestions of several projects around the house. This is not good.. LOL

ForgettableNPC
D. I like punching dark things. When that does not work I will Ask ***. Shoot first ask questions later. Yeah that always works.

You fight Darkness!

Can't escape!

Darkness moves first.

Darkness uses: [Eclipse]!

You are blinded.

Your turn!

Do you:

A) Attack
B) Magic
C) Item
D) Summon
E) Deathblow
F) Steal
G) Coin
H) Sense
I) Enemy Skill
J) Throw
K) Mime
L) Morph
M) Skip the story ahead by an undetermined amount of time

DreamingReality
02-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Is it all servers? When I tried it had 2 totally down.

Most are having log in issues. A few are completely down and at least one (Wayfinder) was still working the last I heard.

Bloodrow
02-28-2016, 04:32 PM
I pointed out a few days ago that when I tried using the DDO Store my game would crash, and that was checked on all servers on my part. This started with the anniversary update / festival.
I wrote up a Ticket early this morning about that also.
The load on the servers are over whelmed. The lag is outrageous. It took me over 1½ hrs last night to get in game. I play other games on line and have no problems. My money is earned doing work, Please earn your money doing the same.:confused:

DreamingReality
02-28-2016, 04:35 PM
You fight Darkness!

Can't escape!

Darkness moves first.

You are blinded.

Your turn!

Do you:

A) Attack
B) Magic
C) Item
D) Summon
E) Deathblow
F) Steal
G) Coin
H) Sense
I) Enemy Skill
J) Throw
K) Mime
L) Morph

E) Deathblow- I love fighting blind!

thesiuscadol
02-28-2016, 04:36 PM
You fight Darkness!

Can't escape!

Darkness moves first.

You are blinded.

Your turn!

Do you:

A) Attack
B) Magic
C) Item
D) Summon
E) Deathblow
F) Steal
G) Coin
H) Sense
I) Enemy Skill
J) Throw
K) Mime
L) Morph

D. A seeing eye dog hopfully darkness is allergic.

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 04:38 PM
E) Deathblow- I love fighting blind!

You use [Deathblow]!

You hit for critical damage

You deal 2 damage.

Darkness attacks!

Darkness uses [Shadow Flare]!

You take 7042 damage.

Your turn!

Do you:

A) Attack
B) Magic
C) Item
D) Summon
E) Deathblow
F) Steal
G) Coin
H) Sense
I) Enemy Skill
J) Throw
K) Mime
L) Morph

thesiuscadol
02-28-2016, 04:39 PM
You use [Deathblow]!

You hit for critical damage

You deal 2 damage.

Darkness attacks!

Darkness uses [Shadow Flare]!

You take 7042 damage.

Your turn!

Do you:

A) Attack
B) Magic
C) Item
D) Summon
E) Deathblow
F) Steal
G) Coin
H) Sense
I) Enemy Skill
J) Throw
K) Mime
L) Morph

K Mime try to put darkness in a box.

DreamingReality
02-28-2016, 04:41 PM
I pointed out a few days ago that when I tried using the DDO Store my game would crash, and that was checked on all servers on my part. This started with the anniversary update / festival.
I wrote up a Ticket early this morning about that also.
The load on the servers are over whelmed. The lag is outrageous. It took me over 1½ hrs last night to get in game. I play other games on line and have no problems. My money is earned doing work, Please earn your money doing the same.:confused:

Did it ever occur to you that the reason we may be experiencing lag isn't the games or events but the fact that more people are logged on for the event?

Many people are F2P and DDO isn't getting any money from them for their service. Considering the fact that the U.S. government servers were overburdened by just a few people signing up for the ACA when it came out and everyone in America IS paying them, should we really be upset over this? I have full confidence this will be resolved in less than 24 hours. The ACA server issue took weeks to fix and it was no where near as complex as this game.

mna
02-28-2016, 04:44 PM

Darkness

Surely darkness still properly counts as a vegetable even if it's more typically sold on the powdered spices shelf around here?

(Yeah, right, should never explain a joke... but an importer had forgotten to translate the origin-local name of a member of the Capsicum family the other time, and in my native language that word means darkness.)

bucket4
02-28-2016, 04:44 PM
:

Hey! so I'm not the only one! I was starting to wonder...

Stormblade721
02-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Aye.

k, but for my edification, where did you find the Tony Chachere's?

ForgettableNPC
K Mime try to put darkness in a box.

You use [Mime]!

You use [Deathblow]!

You miss.

Darkness attacks!

Darkness uses [Soul Reap]!

You take 342 damage
You take 609 damage
You take 297 damage
You take 335 damage
You take 614 damage

Your turn!

Do you:
A) LIMIT BREAK!!
B) Magic
C) Item
D) Summon
E) Deathblow
F) Steal
G) Coin
H) Sense
I) Enemy Skill
J) Throw
K) Mime
L) Morph

ddo.rsmo.pt
You do realize this whole "Server Down" thing oddly resembles the Gnome Incident? Am I the only one to remember?

Bringing Gnomes to Eberron was a big mistake, I tell you! But, alas, no one cares... you'll see!

Carry on.

thesiuscadol
02-28-2016, 04:47 PM
You use [Mime]!

You use [Deathblow]!

You miss.

Darkness attacks!

Darkness uses [Soul Reap]!

You take 342 damage
You take 609 damage
You take 297 damage
You take 335 damage
You take 614 damage

Your turn!

Do you:
A) LIMIT BREAK!!
B) Magic
C) Item
D) Summon
E) Deathblow
F) Steal
G) Coin
H) Sense
I) Enemy Skill
J) Throw
K) Mime
L) Morph

Hummm Looks like I try A and what about my summon.

Stormblade721
02-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Ok, so I am starting to find myself in agreement with the whole take the story to a different thread party.

NXPlasmid
02-28-2016, 04:51 PM
Wow, this is nice timing... go 10th Anniversary!!

Elsbet
02-28-2016, 04:52 PM
While the text story is entertaining, it makes it very difficult to find updates and additional information about what is going on. Could it please take on its own life elsewhere?

Cordovan
02-28-2016, 04:53 PM
We are continuing to investigate various log in and overall stability issues. The game worlds other than Wayfinder remain unavailable. We will keep you updated.

DreamingReality
02-28-2016, 04:53 PM
Ok, so I am starting to find myself in agreement with the whole take the story to a different thread party.

If it goes to a different thread, those of us who are interested will miss it. It is really no different than someone complaining about the gnomes or about issues they have had 3 days ago. Except, as soon as the servers are back up, this story will end.

Allnamesaretaken
02-28-2016, 04:54 PM

Don't need to work on stability. Just fix the Login issues. It's stable enough in not letting me login at all.
And since I'm sitting here staring at the screen, updates every 2 minutes would suffice.

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 04:56 PM
The downtime could be related to an item duplication exploit that enabled players to gain hundreds of hours worth of XP potions for free and other rather extremely large bonuses not otherwise intended for the player base. It is possible/plausible that investigation may be taking place into certain accounts while our connection issues are being investigated.

Officially official results are likely pending an investigative investigation to be investigatively investigated.

We'll be able to play again.... Soon™

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 04:58 PM
Hummm Looks like I try A

[Player] used Giga-Omni Aether-Slash!

You deal 1396 damage
You deal 1586 damage
You deal 2532 damage
You deal 1055 damage
You deal 1931 damage
You deal 2395 damage
You deal 2227 damage
You deal 2887 damage
You deal 1870 damage

You defeated Darkness!

Obtained 897 XP
Obtained 27 Gil
Obtained [Shadow Orb]

Level up! You are now level 1.
Level up! You are now level 2.

You learned: [Roll Attack]!

Level up! You are now level 3.

Do you:

A) Look around your surroundings.
B) Think about what you just did, you monster.
C) Cast a spell OTHER than Fireball, perhaps?
D) Maybe you should think back on your life choices.
E) What do I know, I'm just a text box.
F) Go loot that caravan that fell through the burning bridge.

DreamingReality
02-28-2016, 05:00 PM
The downtime could be related to an item duplication exploit that enabled players to gain hundreds of hours worth of XP potions for free and other rather extremely large bonuses not otherwise intended for the player base. It is possible/plausible that investigation may be taking place into certain accounts while our connection issues are being investigated.

Officially official results are likely pending an investigative investigation to be investigatively investigated.

Thank you!!! I am SO relieved now!!! :)

Starla70
02-28-2016, 05:05 PM
Isn't that soon-ish?

ddo.rsmo.pt
02-28-2016, 05:06 PM
We are continuing to investigate various log in and overall stability issues. The game worlds other than Wayfinder remain unavailable. We will keep you updated.

Let us support you guys for a change:

- Did you restart your routers yet?
- Did you try uninstalling your anti-virus software and reboot your servers?
- Can you try and connect your servers directly into the interwebs?
- Is any one in the office downloading pr0n?
- Can you try reinstalling the servers?

Seriously though, I sympathize :) Good luck.

Carry on.

IronClan
02-28-2016, 05:07 PM

But remember duping is victimless

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 05:07 PM
Thank you!!! I am SO relieved now!!! :)

Whoa, Join Date Nov 2015... You won't know what Soon™ means.

Back in the days of DDO:Stormreach, there was a bit of a problem with Module 8.

It took over 18 months to roll out after Turbine's staff changed twice from the head down (except a few people).

So, we joke about it from time to time with the capitalized and trademarked Soon™ because the dev team kept telling us that the content would roll out "soon" even though over a year later "soon" was still "soon."

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 05:10 PM
But remember duping is victimless

Overpowered trolls becoming overpowered because of duping and harassing others because they "can't keep up" is not victimless.

Now if the Dev team had given said player said items on the Test Server for the explicit sake of testing on the not-in-any-way-going-to-affect-live-characters-server so that said person could put the new info into the DDOWiki, that would be different.

Folks XP cap so quickly now and have to drop group because they have over 800 hours of Sovereign XP potion. Then they just casually ignore the frustrations of other folks. Then they complain about how the content isn't hard enough anymore and develop things like Champion monsters that just wreck people's day.

Etc. etc. etc.

Unfair is unfair.

biggin
02-28-2016, 05:11 PM

Carry on.

-Hold down the power button for 10 seconds?
-Have you recently installed a new headset or mouse?
-Did you move your wifi box behind a wall?
-Is Windows updating?

Violentbeginning
02-28-2016, 05:12 PM

Carry on.

You forgot the first, most important questions that need be asked when troubleshooting (according to any and all customer service centers I have dealt with).

- Is the device plugged into an electrical outlet?
- Is the device powered on?

rsking
02-28-2016, 05:13 PM
Don't need to work on stability. Just fix the Login issues. It's stable enough in not letting me login at all.
And since I'm sitting here staring at the screen, updates every 2 minutes would suffice.
2 min is too often when is comes to servers dude....

speaking form network infrastructure classes I took (never did pass them cause the teacher was a total ass) you want an update every 5-20 min at most at the latest you want them every hour. working on code isn't easy. hell look at this code for example:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms737593(v=vs.85).aspx

that section of code just pings a server that doesn't do much other than validate whats been sent among other things that would seem like nothing but quantum mechanic's math to a person that only understands algebra. Server code is different than say a calculator's code which is just

lable 2 = sum (text box 1 +text box 2)

which to you would look like this

1 + 1

or even this if its how you set up the code to display along with other things in the display

1 + 1 = 2

they have to go line by line and figure it out... hell I made a reknown calculator but I need the new numbers to update that... so ya its not easy doing what they do.

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 05:13 PM
You forgot the first, most important questions that need be asked when troubleshooting (according to any and all customer service centers I have dealt with).

- Is the device plugged into an electrical outlet?
- Is the device powered on?

-Are you currently talking on a touch tone phone?
-Can I place you on hold for a moment? I'll be right back.

cradledminds
02-28-2016, 05:14 PM

wait so you mean ddo is celebrating it with the most common problems ? loggin/lag? things not working :)

major server changes are needed that are simple fixes. more space. more partitions. split up instances. no more raid instances on quest instances. and help generalize people to regions. i know i have met people in same state as me who play on other servers then one i do. and i got good friends all over world from this game.

but really in the long run. pinging dice rolls across oceans to get major lagg kinda sucks sometimes LOL.

JP457
02-28-2016, 05:14 PM

Probably wouldn't have any issues if you weren't running 4 special events at once and compounding it with periodic mob spawning in public areas.

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 05:16 PM
Probably wouldn't have any issues if you weren't running 4 special events at once and compounding it with periodic mob spawning in public areas.

Hush, you.

Logic isn't welcome here, this is a Creative Only Zone.

/whips out the Nerf Bat

Let's see... who doesn't die enough in Epic Normal...

(I can't find an image of a Warcraft 2 Peasant beating on a Town Hall anywhere! Sad panda.)

Nyata
02-28-2016, 05:18 PM
Hush, you.

that's definitely not me. I always volunteer for first death just to have that out of the way ;)

Dalvor
02-28-2016, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the quick data ^_^

rsking
02-28-2016, 05:19 PM
Hush, you.

Logic isn't welcome here, this is a Creative Only Zone.

/whips out the Nerf Bat

whats epic normal?

all I see is a bunch of bodies that need a grave.....

Elsbet
02-28-2016, 05:21 PM
Overpowered trolls becoming overpowered because of duping and harassing others because they "can't keep up" is not victimless.

Now if the Dev team had given said player said items on the Test Server for the explicit sake of testing on the not-in-any-way-going-to-affect-live-characters-server so that said person could put the new info into the DDOWiki, that would be different.

Folks XP cap so quickly now and have to drop group because they have over 800 hours of Sovereign XP potion. Then they just casually ignore the frustrations of other folks. Then they complain about how the content isn't hard enough anymore and develop things like Champion monsters that just wreck people's day.

Etc. etc. etc.

Unfair is unfair.

Oh for the love of Pete. Servers crash. It isn't a damned conspiracy. Could you please take the tin-foil hat talk and "OMG Power gamerz are teh evilz" to one of the 42 threads dedicated to that specific topic so that those of us who want to find updates on the servers in the issues thread in the SERVICE NEWS forum can find them?

I'm kinda hoping the worlds come back before Black Desert downloads or I'll get sucked into that and won't come back tonight - 39 minutes and counting.

ForgettableNPC
The Worlds...

Are still not

Open!

GlassCannon
that's definitely not me. I always volunteer for first death just to have that out of the way ;)

/death™

Want it in party chat?

/p /death™

Telemecus
02-28-2016, 05:22 PM
Well kinda stinks this is my only day off to play, and I get the chance to play and game crashes 20mins into it and cant log back in. We should all be awarded with a lot of free stuff for this epic inconvenience!

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 05:23 PM
Oh for the love of Pete. Servers crash. It isn't a damned conspiracy.

Where in all the planar hells of D&D did you come up with that absolutely random accusation of conspiracy?
Such strange. Much weird. Am confus. Wow.

Could you please take the tin-foil hat talk and "OMG Power gamerz are teh evilz" to one of the 42 threads dedicated to that specific topic so that those of us who want to find updates on the servers in the issues thread in the SERVICE NEWS forum can find them.

Seriously what the plarp are you on about

I'm kinda hoping the worlds come back before Black Desert downloads or I'll get sucked into that and won't come back tonight - 39 minutes and counting.

There we go! Thread relevant stuff. Nice.

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 05:27 PM
Oh for the love of Pete. Servers crash. It isn't a damned conspiracy.

Everything can be a conspiracy if you make it one.

Could you please take the tin-foil hat talk and "OMG Power gamerz are teh evilz" to one of the 42 threads dedicated to that specific topic so that those of us who want to find updates on the servers in the issues thread in the SERVICE NEWS forum can find them?

That's what the Dev Tracker is for: easier, faster to access, and you don't need to even bother scrolling.

Allnamesaretaken
02-28-2016, 05:28 PM
2 min is too often when is comes to servers dude....
speaking form network infrastructure classes I took (never did pass them cause the teacher was a total ass) you want an update every 5-20 min at most at the latest you want them every hour. working on code isn't easy. hell look at this code for example:

Working on code for a Login issue for multiple servers that were UP this morning is NOT the correct approach.
Just reboot everything and investigate issues on 1 server. Test server, preferably.

oh, and... <spoiler alert> 2 minute was an exaggeration... <duh>

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 05:29 PM
The Worlds...

Are still not

Open!

Sorry, nope.
http://s28.postimg.org/f2jxnht4d/Nope.jpg

Nyata
02-28-2016, 05:30 PM
Sorry, nope.

oh wow someone who never ever created a character on another server to get those pesky 50 TP they were missing for some item on sale... I am seriously impressed!

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 05:30 PM
Sorry, nope.

I never lied, the worlds are still not open :P

SpudNielster
02-28-2016, 05:31 PM
The Worlds...

Are still not

Open!

An amazing observation... :P

Marc
02-28-2016, 05:33 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, February 29th from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch Update 30.

Oh wait, servers are already down! Ooops!

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 05:34 PM
Oh wait, servers are already down! Ooops!

Why not just do an impromptu patch and get it done early then...

I know it's a crazy idea but hell, I've done worse in Construction and it always worked out fine so long as it was my schedule to mess with.

Stormblade721
Everything can be a conspiracy if you make it one.

That's what the Dev Tracker is for: easier, faster to access, and you don't need to even bother scrolling.

Personally, I think it is a CONSPIRACY..... in capital letters! The devs have an office pool running on who can post the most inane conspiracy theory, and Cordovan wants to win.............

so there ya have it.

ChrisInSeattle

Let's hope they don't add Mabar just for the heck of it.

GlassCannon
02-28-2016, 05:35 PM
chatting about random whatever until there's an actual update?

Baron
02-28-2016, 05:36 PM
The Deep Gnomes have escaped..... Shut the server down......ehhhh never mind...

GlassCannon
Let's hope they don't add Mabar just for the heck of it.

And the Devil Assault public instance from back when they held that. Devils in the marketplace! Great fun.

ForgettableNPC

I doubt we can ever surpass the record of 47 pages from April 2015.

AAH
02-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Do not be alarmed people. It's simply a recreation of how it began 10 years ago.

Calinthus
02-28-2016, 05:39 PM
Any idea to when the worlds will open? Got about 20 minutes till the guild runs.......

trevitt
02-28-2016, 05:40 PM
So they break the game the night before the smallest update in DDO history. Nice.

Nyata

Personally? I am in the 'today is the one night I get to play cause tomorrow is my only day off in two weeks' corner of things - it's past midnight for me. I don't get to play. I don't rant about it, I don't asign blame, because I know stuff goes wrong. And I am seriously impressed actually by the response time of Cordovan and the whole team, on a sunday no less.

But reading the forums, admittedly trolling a little in a thread - at least I get to be in touch with the community I expected to play with tonight. It's the second best thing.

Larlocher
Gnolls must be chewing on DDO's server wires

Jon_Irenicus
02-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Abandon ship!

Arkantios
02-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Orien is up and running. Confirmed.

jobharve
02-28-2016, 05:46 PM
Gnolls must be chewing on DDO's server wires

Probably kobolds, they broke free of the CC event.

thesiuscadol
02-28-2016, 05:46 PM

One server with honest folks. I hope they don't rollback because I am flagging what goes up. Just made to North. Please don't make me run again..

Xxyyn
02-28-2016, 05:48 PM

I think it was taken down for this reason also, they just aren't being truthful because if they can't fix it they don't want everyone to know about it.

Samir_Bennal
02-28-2016, 05:50 PM

Might as well shut it all down and apply update

Xxyyn
02-28-2016, 05:52 PM
wait so you mean ddo is celebrating it with the most common problems ? Loggin/lag? Things not working :)

snap

fallenchosen

Orien may allow you to reach your character selection screen, but thus far a full login has been stalled at a loading screen as far as i can see.
EDIT: evidently, my main character is the problem. Palinthor is not able to log in, despite access to other toons; this is no bueno.

trevitt

I am on Orien and unfortunately even though I can log in I get stucdk on load screen everytime I change areas.

Kulothar
02-28-2016, 05:53 PM
Do not be alarmed people. It's simply a recreation of how it began 10 years ago.

Yep I remember that... and my head-start code didn't work originally, imagine the fun I had with Customer Service with that. I never did get my pre-purchase boots of speed. Yep this brings back the memories.

Jon_Irenicus

Now Orien isn't working for me

Zenako

NOOOOOOO not that again....

Arkantios
02-28-2016, 05:54 PM
Orien may allow you to reach your character selection screen, but thus far a full login has been stalled at a loading screen as far as i can see.

Yeah, I actually logged into one of my characters, but quickly got booted after 3-5 minutes of being logged in.

Deaeth
02-28-2016, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I actually logged into one of my characters, but quickly got booted after 3-5 minutes of being logged in.

I was just running around korthos on Orien with no issues

Goro69
02-28-2016, 05:58 PM
there is one simple solution to this STOP ADDING STUFF TO THE GAME.take some time and fix whats already wrong with the game it doesnt take someone with a college degree to figure that out. And u have 3 events going on omg people u know the game is all screwed up.

Roland_D'Arabel
Wayfinder getting worse and worse. Bank not opening, inventory not available, lag and longer and longer load times.

corrupting
I got booted from Orien but got back on.

Chauncey1
02-28-2016, 05:59 PM

Same here.
We made it into Thunderholme, but not very far before The Red Star of Death appeared.

Jon_Irenicus
02-28-2016, 05:59 PM
there is one simple solution to this STOP ADDING STUFF TO THE GAME.take some time and fix whats already wrong with the game it doesnt take someone with a college degree to figure that out. And u have 3 events going on omg people u know the game is all screwed up.

As a game developer, this isn't that simple. There comes a time when rewriting is easier than fixing a game.

Deaeth
02-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Wayfinder getting worse and worse. Bank not opening, inventory not available, lag and longer and longer load times.

Welcome to our normal worlds. Wayfinder is just experiencing lag that we all normally experience as there's finally more than 10 ppl logged in at once cuz we are all bored and running around on Wayfinder :P

trevitt

Aint that the truth. You only have to look at the known issues section in the release notes. There are issues dating back 8 years that have not been addressed lol.

DrowsworD
Second the report from Wayfinder. Stuck on loading screen into house K bank.

mna

... well, not entirely unexpected, given that now everyone's trying to fit on that one server.

And if there was any hardware sizing based on number of average active users going on, well...

sveiks2u
02-28-2016, 06:03 PM
Wayfinder no longer allowing me back in... 'cleaning up old connection' probably down now as well :(

Varsha
02-28-2016, 06:03 PM
Wayfinder is to the point that there is massive lag spikes and people getting stuck in
loading pages.

Nyata
02-28-2016, 06:04 PM
... well, not entirely unexpected, given that now everyone's trying to fit on that one server.

And if there was any hardware sizing based on number of average active users going on, well...

had an image come to mind there with a server farm, each array neatly labelled with the name of the server they are hosting... and in a corner there is an amiga labelled wayfinder ;)

Deaeth
02-28-2016, 06:05 PM
Thelanis is showing as Up currently. That's 3, Start up sarlona next please!

Sweetbuttercup
02-28-2016, 06:05 PM
You crashed Sarlona and now I can't log in!!!!!!! /sadface

This is the reason why DDO needs to overhaul the old servers and get new ones because obviously Turbine servers cannot hold up with the updated content. This was supposed to take place after epic shroud what happened to that.:mad:

izgoose
02-28-2016, 06:06 PM
I doubt we can ever surpass the record of 47 pages from April 2015.

That's fatalistic thinking, man. You gotta believe in yourself. >:

Actually, that's not a solution. Even if you fix everything wrong with the game, the very minute you add any new content, no matter how seemingly simple, it might cause everything to explode, and simply removing the new code won't always fix it.

Clearly you have never interacted with computer code before.

Edit: oh, right. Positive thinking. Uh. Uhhhh.

I LOVE YOUR OPTIMISM, THOUGH?! <.<;

Re-edit: The Side Note

Also, fixing a checklist of bugs that have been prioritized by severity is literally what coders spend enormous swaths of their time doing. It's like half of their job. Are you proposing that they shut the game down while the coders continue their normal bugsplat? Because if you are, the game is never coming back online. Or did you have some other proposal and I missed it? o.o

Nyata
02-28-2016, 06:06 PM
This is the reason why DDO needs to overhaul the old servers and get new ones because obviously Turbine servers cannot hold up with the updated content. This was supposed to take place after epic shroud what happened to that.:mad:

I think I recently read in a thread that they are aiming for first half of march for the server move. so it's definitely in the works. will try to find the thread.

edit:
found it: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/472262-Data-Center-relocation?p=5787701&viewfull=1#post5787701

Starla70
02-28-2016, 06:08 PM
On the anniversary 12 hour twitch/you tube they said mid march, but either way it is soon.

sveiks2u
02-28-2016, 06:09 PM
No... Khyber next lol. The wife finally has time to play after 8 months AFK hehehehehehheheheeehhehe. Well..... someone has to take care of the little ones... right? =)

Lord-Vega
02-28-2016, 06:12 PM
had an image come to mind there with a server farm, each array neatly labelled with the name of the server they are hosting... and in a corner there is an amiga labelled wayfinder ;)
Lol, at least you get an Amiga, the rest of us are on C-64's! :D

Cheers,
V.

mnortega
02-28-2016, 06:12 PM
Any update on when the worlds may be up?

mno

DreamingReality
02-28-2016, 06:13 PM
Second the report from Wayfinder. Stuck on loading screen into house K bank.

I think Wayfinder is gone. I was exiting a finished quest and have been on the exit screen long enough to read through 4 pages of forum (not including the time I actually waited because I was optimistic). At least we were able to finish the quest. :)

Jon_Irenicus
02-28-2016, 06:14 PM
You mean this?
http://i.imgur.com/XxjA5ww.png

Deaeth
02-28-2016, 06:14 PM

Cheers,
V.

LMAO, my grandmother has a still working commodore 64!

Boulder Dash anyone?

Aurora_nyx
02-28-2016, 06:15 PM
Just give the kobolds a memorial statue in front of waterworks so they can properly remember it, and maybe they'll stop holding the servers hostage.

Pewf
Came back after a three year break, why so much lag and downtime? DDO, y u do dis?

DreamingReality

Cheers,
V.

Sigh, I loved my Commodore... Such good memories... None of them involving lag either... :) I suppose that's what people get for wanting designable characters instead of small white blocks...

kamateus
02-28-2016, 06:16 PM
No... Khyber next lol. The wife finally has time to play after 8 months AFK hehehehehehheheheeehhehe. Well..... someone has to take care of the little ones... right? =)

Listen buddy, I am your wife & you're in trouble....j/k

DreamingReality
02-28-2016, 06:18 PM
LMAO, my grandmother has a still working commodore 64!

Boulder Dash anyone?

No. Mail Order Monsters was the best... :)

Deaeth
02-28-2016, 06:19 PM
Listen buddy, I am your wife & you're in trouble....j/k

Enjoy the couch bud!

Nyata
02-28-2016, 06:19 PM
You mean this?
http://i.imgur.com/XxjA5ww.png

the wayfinder potato is too big... but otherwise perfect ;D

Varsha
02-28-2016, 06:21 PM
I'm trapped in a raid party with three others that cannot modify, remove or leave the
party...

Pewf
02-28-2016, 06:22 PM
I wonder why my Ghallanda says closed instead of down like the rest?

rsking
02-28-2016, 06:23 PM
I think I recently read in a thread that they are aiming for first half of march for the server move. so it's definitely in the works. will try to find the thread.

edit:
found it: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/472262-Data-Center-relocation?p=5787701&viewfull=1#post5787701

From what I understand the sever components are 3-5 years old if not a bit older than that which is ancient in the computer world.

this server move will update DDO's backbone to a few new level's of power hopfully getting rid of most of the lag issues

Deaeth
02-28-2016, 06:23 PM

It's like an old car up on blocks in your front yard. You guys are done. Over. Nada. Zilch. Complete. GAME OVER! Was nice knowing ya, room for you in Sarlona :P

Sweetbuttercup
02-28-2016, 06:24 PM

edit:

Thanks for the thread must of missed it:rolleyes:

Pewf
02-28-2016, 06:25 PM
It's like an old car up on blocks in your front yard. You guys are done. Over. Nada. Zilch. Complete. GAME OVER! Was nice knowing ya, room for you in Sarlona :P

Noooooo, doo0o0o0mmm.

Cleanincubus
02-28-2016, 06:26 PM

Maybe to clean up the huge dragon and Malicia, that Cordovan spawned before the server went down?

horriblescarz
02-28-2016, 06:26 PM
failed to queue for server (0xA0010000) tested with multiple accounts and i get the null error. the launcher is no longer listing any servers only giving the que error.
the launcher also gets stuck in the login attempt and have to use the drop down to logout or exit the launcher

Pewf
02-28-2016, 06:27 PM
Maybe to clean up the huge dragon and Malicia, that Cordovan spawned before the server went down?

Well, he's grounded.

Pewf
02-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Well, Ghallanda seems to be up now. Everything is exactly where I left it, thank you guys. I love you, I never doubted you, except those couple of times.

UurlockYgmeov
02-28-2016, 06:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DOZga2C.png

Jon_Irenicus
02-28-2016, 06:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DOZga2C.png

Hopefully that will bring in more players :D

Feverish
02-28-2016, 06:33 PM
Developers & Support Team You Have My Support!

No one ever posts, "Thanks for all the hard work. I log in without any significant issues 99% of the time. Thanks for making DDO a fun pastime for me, my friends and guild members!"

Well I'm saying it and posting it. In forums (like democracy) the vocal minority make a lot of background noise. Well, the quiet majority vote in both cases.

This team has more analytics on servers and performance than any of us realize. Probably less than 0.01% of the forum population (myself included) has the background and knowledge to provide truly constructive criticism.

I can't offer any help beyond a note of support and my patience while the issues are resolved.

-First Post
-Proud member of the quiet majority
-Feverish

avrear
02-28-2016, 06:35 PM
I logged onto Orien, cause it said it was up. However, I couldn't get into any quests, cause all i saw was a loading screen, until i just crashed the program. Not Cool.

DreamingReality
02-28-2016, 06:35 PM

No one ever posts, "Thanks for all the hard work. I log in without any significant issues 99% of the time. Thanks for making DDO a fun pastime for me, my friends and guild members!"

Well I'm saying it and posting it. In forums (like democracy) the vocal minority make a lot of background noise. Well, the quiet majority vote in both cases.

This team has more analytics on servers and performance than any of us realize. Probably less than 0.01% of the forum population (myself included) has the background and knowledge to provide truly constructive criticism.

I can't offer any help beyond a note of support and my patience while the issues are resolved.

-First Post
-Feverish

/clap
/dance2

alexandrell77a
02-28-2016, 06:37 PM

-First Post
-Feverish

+10

thesiuscadol
02-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Thanks for working Sunday night. I am glad you guys can and will come in at the drop of a hat.

Calinthus
Well, guess I'm making elk burgers, then. Hopefully Cannith will be open when I'm done eating.

sveiks2u

-First Post
-Feverish

/signed

izgoose
02-28-2016, 06:41 PM

-First Post
-Feverish

2 characters.

mna
02-28-2016, 06:42 PM

Heh. I think more like the old HP "Nova" servers... say a H30... sort of contemporary of the Amiga, but server-type hardware that'd just chug on past minor problems... and when things broke it was that much worse to fix it.

Well, that and it could also take several hours to complete a simple scheduled reboot. As in one with no problems it couldn't get past by itself, see above... though with enough hardware diagnostics a cause might be able to be found.

And given its bus architecture, it'd also occasionally cause low-level lag timeouts during heavy usage. Was always fun explaining to the monitoring team that the uptime monitor poll timed out because the server was too busy working.

Docgem
02-28-2016, 06:43 PM
Thanks for working Sunday night. I am glad you guys can and will come in at the drop of a hat.

Lucky for us they have been celebrating the 10th anniversary with the rest of us.

Wish Khyber would come back up.

Xipify
02-28-2016, 06:46 PM
Hmm Crystal Cove has always made me stutter and imitate the rubberband man. Winterfest not so much as CC. Still. Why stack them in at the same time? To see if the servers could handle multiple events? If that was the purpose I'd say you have an answer.

That said I, by and large, agree with Feverish. You guys catch a lot of flak and very little congrats. I'm an old retired guy basically nailed to my house and I spend an outrageous amount of time playing DDO. That outrageous amount of time is due to y'all's efforts to keep this thing afloat and I appreciate the effort. Thanks.

ForgettableNPC
02-28-2016, 06:48 PM
This, I'd love a text adventure. Just a diff thread solely for that would be great.

Took these two's advice and made a CYOA on Off-Topic.

Join Here! (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/472489-ForgettableNPC-s-Choose-Your-Own-Adventure!)

Now I play the waiting game.

Deaeth
02-28-2016, 06:50 PM

Actually they were at work, Cordovan was lagging out Sarlona with mobs in the harbor when this all started, lol.

vellus
02-28-2016, 06:51 PM
In honour of the NFL combine this weekend...you are currently running the 40 yard in 2 hours five minutes

ajo939
02-28-2016, 06:52 PM
Actually they were at work, Cordovan was lagging out Sarlona with mobs in the harbor when this all started, lol.

Oh fun Corodovan plays on Sarlona?