PDA

View Full Version : Update 30 Part 2

KookieKobold
02-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Howdy everyone!

Lamannia is now open with a second round of Update 30!

Additionally, we will be having a Dev event tonight (Friday, February 19th) from 8 to 11pm eastern (GMT-5).

You can find updated release notes here:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-2-11-16)

and the update notice board here:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438924-Lamannia-Notice-Board-(Last-Updated-2-11-16)

Zebedar
02-19-2016, 02:21 PM
I just read the release notes.

So you make absolutely no changes to the Gnomes Kookie? that is really disappointing. Didn't you Developers read any of the feedback in Lamma? Seriously, what was the point of the 'preview' last week if you didn't care or want to hear honest feedback that could improve the race?

500+ posts by players for the last Lamma and no changes.

Wizza
02-19-2016, 02:24 PM
So what's new actually?

Steve_Howe
02-19-2016, 02:26 PM
I can't tell what's different in the new release notes. Could the new things be marked as such, please?

Gleep_Wurp
02-19-2016, 02:26 PM
So what's new actually?

did you expect something in a week? mhahahahah

Gleep_Wurp
02-19-2016, 02:28 PM
So what's new actually?

so a new grind

Wizza
02-19-2016, 02:31 PM
so a new grind

Maybe it's a good dungeon with good loot :)

KookieKobold
02-19-2016, 02:32 PM
This particular round's main focus is the new dungeon!

Loromir
02-19-2016, 02:33 PM

Will this be a permanent dungeon...or only open for a limited time...like mabar or the cove?

Steve_Howe
02-19-2016, 02:34 PM
nm

Qhualor
02-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Tier 2 is listed twice in the first racial. Not a biggie but some might be a little confused.

Zebedar
02-19-2016, 02:44 PM

Meaning there will be no changes to Gnomes in spite of 500+ posts about them. See if you follow, Cordovan has said U30 will go live at the end of the month, "leap into U30" which is a week from now, so this is the last Lamma build, and there are no changes to the Gnome.

Personally, I prefer when Developers just give the bad news and move on, rather than avoiding addressing what is so blatantly obvious from their actions like this.

MistaMagic
02-19-2016, 03:13 PM
So when will the LGS clicky Conjur Bolts be fixed so that it actualy works?. Or if it can not be fixed can I have my Ings back please????

stoopid_cowboy
02-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Did you fix the sizing of TR Gnomes? However it was a little humorous to have a human sized Gnome.

BTW, can I get this skin for my Barbarian Gnome?

http://notyourgrandmasgardengnomes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/survivor-zombie-garden-gnome-683x1024.jpg

UurlockYgmeov
02-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Its the Gnomal Gnomedown to Gnomageddon!

KookieKobold
02-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Yes! Gnome sizes are fixed for all *future* gnomes that will TR. Gnomes that TRed before this update are still going to be the wrong size though.

(This means that Gnomes will be the right size on live servers but broken gnomes on Lamannia will stay that way until the character is deleted or the server is wiped)

KookieKobold
02-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Also, Lamannia should now be open!

Updating the OP with this information as well.

Livmo
02-19-2016, 03:55 PM
What did you do to William Shatner?

Did you fix the sizing of TR Gnomes? However it was a little humorous to have a human sized Gnome.

BTW, can I get this skin for my Barbarian Gnome?

http://notyourgrandmasgardengnomes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/survivor-zombie-garden-gnome-683x1024.jpg

slarden
02-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Sorry if I missed this, but what is the iconic past life benefit for a deep gnome? I won't be able to login to Lam this weekend.

Holymunchkin
02-19-2016, 05:14 PM
( http://ddowiki.com/page/Deep_Gnome#Iconic_past_life_feats )

PsychoBlonde
02-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Where do you go to try out the anniversary dungeon? Someone was asking on lamma and I have no clue.

PsychoBlonde
02-19-2016, 06:45 PM
I just read the release notes.

So you make absolutely no changes to the Gnomes Kookie? that is really disappointing. Didn't you Developers read any of the feedback in Lamma? Seriously, what was the point of the 'preview' last week if you didn't care or want to hear honest feedback that could improve the race?

500+ posts by players for the last Lamma and no changes.

They fixed the tattoos and added some more noses and other customization options to Deep Gnome at least. I didn't look at Gnome Standard.

Overall I have to say they look pretty all right to me. Not exactly what I would have done, but not bad either, and they're super-cute. I have Gnome Hair Jealousy now.

Cordovan
02-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Where do you go to try out the anniversary dungeon? Someone was asking on lamma and I have no clue.

House Phiarlan. Back by Partycrashers.

PsychoBlonde
02-19-2016, 07:38 PM
House Phiarlan. Back by Partycrashers.

Ty ty

PsychoBlonde
02-19-2016, 08:45 PM
The Servers in the ballroom all have string table errors . . . which COULD be taken as a hilarious little in joke of sorts . . . you know . . . server error . . . get it . . . :D

Silverleafeon
02-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Lol

HastyPudding
02-19-2016, 09:30 PM
( http://ddowiki.com/page/Deep_Gnome#Iconic_past_life_feats )

Really? 3 MRR? We're reusing past lives, now? You couldn't think of anything else?

PsychoBlonde
02-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Clicking the ? on challenges is not actually bringing up the challenge rules for me.

Tentaki
02-20-2016, 12:46 AM
Really? 3 MRR? We're reusing past lives, now? You couldn't think of anything else?

There's two sources of PRR (Divine Sphere, PDK) from past lives. Now there's two sources of MRR (Warlock, Deep Gnomes).

Besides, the active part of the stance gives +5 acid spell power and +1 to Illusion DC's, which are unique to this PL and none of the others.

mikarddo
02-20-2016, 01:23 AM
Why is character transfer disabled?

Edit. Looks like its not - the page just says that it is - but its actually workng.

Aliekiller
02-20-2016, 01:48 AM
Are we getting new illusion spells at least? Even with all those bonuses, there are only two save-based illusion spells in the game - PK, which is decent if you can get your DCs high enough; Gnomes shouldn't have much of a problem with that, and Hypnotic pattern, which affects your allies' screens too!

If no new spells could you at least remove the 'trippy screen' effect from hypnotic pattern on allied casts, so you aren't giving headaches to your team mates while using that?

PsychoBlonde
02-20-2016, 02:37 AM
Are we getting new illusion spells at least? Even with all those bonuses, there are only two save-based illusion spells in the game - PK, which is decent if you can get your DCs high enough; Gnomes shouldn't have much of a problem with that, and Hypnotic pattern, which affects your allies' screens too!

If no new spells could you at least remove the 'trippy screen' effect from hypnotic pattern on allied casts, so you aren't giving headaches to your team mates while using that?

Aww, where's the fun in that?

-Avalon-
02-20-2016, 03:36 AM
Its the Gnomal Gnomedown to Gnomageddon!

Gnoma'am!

Aliekiller
02-20-2016, 04:38 AM
Aww, where's the fun in that?

Every once in a while people complain that I'm using sleet storm and/or fog spells already, just imagine how that'd go with hypnotic pattern :p

Grandern_Marn
02-20-2016, 05:00 AM
You shrunk my giant gnome! I want my lamma lamma money back.

mikarddo
02-20-2016, 08:31 AM
Arcane Archer now has a new active Tier 5 ability called Final Strike which deals area-of-effect damage on hit, and deals additional damage to injured enemies based on the hit point total of the enemy.

In the Elven AA tree this is a string table error and I was not able to take it. So, very broken. I didnt test it in the Ranger tree to see if thats working or not.

Rys
02-20-2016, 08:45 AM
Arcane Archer now has a new active Tier 5 ability called Final Strike which deals area-of-effect damage on hit, and deals additional damage to injured enemies based on the hit point total of the enemy.

In the Elven AA tree this is a string table error and I was not able to take it. So, very broken. I didnt test it in the Ranger tree to see if thats working or not.

It is working in a ranger tree but the ability itself is so weak that it's not worth taking.

mikarddo
02-20-2016, 09:29 AM
"The maximum possible bonus loot level to a chest has been lifted. Players should now see chests of the appropriate adjusted loot level regardless of their character level."

This does not appear to be working. On live I am getting 989-1005pp from max level chests. On Lam I just ran a 33 quest + 1 ship + 2 gem + 1 blesser for a total of 37 on a chest. Rerolling to check the level I still got 989-1005 pp where I would have expected more due to the higher chest level.

So, it does not appear to be working, sadly.

Please - for the love of whatever you hold dear - actually display the chest level when we loot (and make the loot including plat and gold follow that level).

mikarddo
02-20-2016, 09:30 AM
It is working in a ranger tree but the ability itself is so weak that it's not worth taking.

I figured as much from other posts but wanted to see for myself. In particular if/how it works with slayer arrow and/or adrenaline shot.
But - the bugged racial tree prevented any testing.

Cleanincubus
02-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Why is character transfer disabled?

Worked fine for me around 8PM EST last night (roughly 6 and a half hours before you posted this.)

mikarddo
02-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Worked fine for me around 8PM EST last night (roughly 6 and a half hours before you posted this.)

It looks like it actually worked. The page says its disabled though but I pressed the buttons anyway - got zero feedback on the page - yet when I logged into the server it had worked. So, its indeed working behind the scenes despite stating its not.

Rys
02-20-2016, 09:41 AM
I figured as much from other posts but wanted to see for myself. In particular if/how it works with slayer arrow and/or adrenaline shot.
But - the bugged racial tree prevented any testing.

It doesn't work with the slayer nor the adrenaline because it is a immediate click action ability. The area effect seems borked as well.

Here's a little illustration. Hotbar 1, slot 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu5PtY0cZS4

mikarddo
02-20-2016, 09:51 AM
It doesn't work with the slayer nor the adrenaline because it is a immediate click action ability. The area effect seems borked as well.

Here's a little illustration. Hotbar 1, slot 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu5PtY0cZS4

Thanks for the video. Thats not very encouraging.

However, since Adrenaline works on "your next melee or ranged attack" the fact that the new ability is an immediate click action one should not rule out Adrenaline. Did you try it? If its in the video and I missed it I apologise.

Rys
02-20-2016, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the video. Thats not very encouraging.

However, since Adrenaline works on "your next melee or ranged attack" the fact that the new ability is an immediate click action one should not rule out Adrenaline. Did you try it? If its in the video and I missed it I apologise.

Ops, sorry, got confused there. The adrenaline does not have any effect on the AoE but seems to be giving some [w]/critical multiplier/no clue in the combination with the adrenaline on the one aimed mob and the ones in the line of IPS just like Sniper's shot or Shattermantle shot etc. But given to a long CD still not sure if worth.

Augon
02-20-2016, 10:06 AM
It looks like it actually worked. The page says its disabled though but I pressed the buttons anyway - got zero feedback on the page - yet when I logged into the server it had worked. So, its indeed working behind the scenes despite stating its not.
Character TRANSFER is disabled. This is the ability to move a character from one server to another.

character COPY is not disabled. This is the ability to copy your characters to Lam.

And Cord has said a couple of times, they fixed Character Copy to the point that its so fast it doesnt even give feed back on the page.

Equatis
02-20-2016, 07:59 PM
Are we getting new illusion spells at least? Even with all those bonuses, there are only two save-based illusion spells in the game - PK, which is decent if you can get your DCs high enough; Gnomes shouldn't have much of a problem with that, and Hypnotic pattern, which affects your allies' screens too! If no new spells could you at least remove the 'trippy screen' effect from hypnotic pattern on allied casts, so you aren't giving headaches to your team mates while using that?I agree I have friends who are photo epileptic and have trouble with this type of spell effect, All we can do then is put up LFM's saying no Gnomes allowed or limit them on their few illusion spells while in group

Ayseifn
02-21-2016, 02:04 AM
Why does the ticket require a turn in now? Old cakes can still be used whenever we want but it looks like this one will be worthless after the event and the trader goes away, well I'm guessing the trader will disappear like every other event but could be wrong.

I preferred the old way since I'm very indecisive and still haven't turned in a lot of cakes or battle boxes yet.

CaptainPurge
02-21-2016, 02:19 AM
I preferred the old way since I'm very indecisive and still haven't turned in a lot of cakes or battle boxes yet.

So you want a birthday cake for this 10 year anniversary to stockpile just like you have your 6 year birthday cakes? Just keep it in the bank for the next 4+ years. Let us know how that goes.

Seikojin
02-21-2016, 10:20 PM

Yeah character copy is a rough feature since it was such a shoehorned process. Sometimes you will get feedback, sometimes you don't.

xaul17
02-22-2016, 02:09 AM
Disappointed...

Just ran the event. I couldn't find Tolero... why! That makes me sad.

Also, would be cool if Squeak was there too (though I know she's been gone a while now). Just saying.

Overall though, here are my honest thoughts about Update 30: Um, lacking. I'd really like to see something NEW (not an old dungeon filled with kobolds and made to look new...). It's honestly a little upsetting to say the least. I understand the fact that the Gnomes are the primary focus of this update, and I do like the idea of the event (the chapterhouse rework does look pretty neat), but it's not really too exciting. To me, it's not enough to keep my interest in the game, and lately it's been dwindling again. Don't get me wrong, I still love DDO, but updates like this are really not enough to keep me playing.

Hopefully you guys are actually considering the feedback we're giving you. Based on what I've been reading, a lot of people are concerned that we're just being ignored (notably about the 1st preview of Gnomes).

Also, a side note, Varg... you look creepy in game.

ned_ellis
02-22-2016, 02:24 AM

Pretty much sums it up perfectly! Nice ability but badly executed; let's hope they make it less lacklustre but the description is so vague I wouldn't know how to give further feedback... :(

Yalinaa
02-22-2016, 03:51 AM
Looks like the worse anniversary in DDO history. At least the devs were sure, that we won't forget this, naming the loot about their ego. Never thought one day I will miss FoS.:)

Loromir
02-22-2016, 07:27 AM

I think +18 MRR might proove pretty useful. 3 Warlock Deep Gnome lives will knock that out.

mikarddo
02-22-2016, 07:33 AM
I think +18 MRR might proove pretty useful. 3 Warlock Deep Gnome lives will knock that out.

Unless you are using robes/outfits in which case the 50 MRR cap makes the effect much less useful. Not that I mind, not all past lives are good for everyone. I do wish though that the cap was lifted as ever increased MRR tips the scales even further against using robes.

Banshee_Kate
02-22-2016, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure if this goes here, but I couldn't find a thread on sound effects.
I do not like the new chest sound. That loud "Ker-CHUNK" when opening chests is unnecessary & makes me think something fell out.
That's the sound I'm used to for when something falls out of a breakable box, & I'd rather have it kept for that. Thanks!

TitusOvid
02-22-2016, 10:58 PM
I don't want to step on anybodies toes but the dungeon/challenge is mega-lame and rewards too.
And I am sorry to say but beating up some devs? Lame. We sadly get this on the forums why escalate that ingame?

So I guess I will have to think up something on my own.

Edit: That release would be perfect for April fools day come to think of it. Wait another month why don't you?!

Cordovan
02-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Yeah character copy is a rough feature since it was such a shoehorned process. Sometimes you will get feedback, sometimes you don't.

As part of our work to get Character Copy working again, we cleared out a bunch of stored-up data and did some other IT work, and it not only got Copy working, but working so quickly that it's not giving DDO.com enough time to get its messaging up. Overall, it's a good problem to have, although it does mean there is no longer (at least for now) the expected messaging during Character Copy.

EllisDee37
02-23-2016, 12:51 PM
I'm confused about:

Lightning Bolt is now a standard Artificer spell

Lightning Bolt has been a standard Artificer spell for years. (It was added to the Artie spell list on ddowiki in September of 2013, implying it was added to the spellbook in U19.) Did it change level or something?

cru121
02-23-2016, 12:56 PM
I'm confused about:
Lightning Bolt has been a standard Artificer spell for years. (It was added to the Artie spell list on ddowiki in September of 2013, implying it was added to the spellbook in U19.) Did it change level or something?
No. The fact that Lightning Bolt has been a standard Artificer spell was a bug. It was supposed only to be available for artificers who picked up 4th arcanotechnician core.

Steelstar
02-23-2016, 12:56 PM
I'm confused about:

At that time, one could have the spell added to the spell book via the Arcanotechnician enhancements (as intended) or scribe it permanently via a Scroll of Lightning Bolt (an side effect the scroll system brought in automatically). It cannot currently be added to an Artificer's spell book on leveling up. That part changes with U30.

EllisDee37
02-23-2016, 12:59 PM
At that time, one could have the spell added to the spell book via the Arcanotechnician enhancements (as intended) or scribe it permanently via a Scroll of Lightning Bolt (an side effect the scroll system brought in automatically). It cannot currently be added to an Artificer's spell book on leveling up. That part changes with U30.Ah, gotcha. That makes sense, sort of like how paladins can natively use raise dead scrolls even if they don't take that sacred defender core.

Thanks much for the speedy response.

Franghasea
02-23-2016, 02:33 PM
Perhaps the thing to celebrate the 10th anniversary ... an auto grant of competitionist :D.

-Avalon-
02-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Perhaps the thing to celebrate the 10th anniversary ... an auto grant of competitionist :D.

No... Anniversary Helm Cosmetic!!

knightgf
02-23-2016, 09:17 PM
I encourage you NOT to put this update out at the end of the month. I know, it's a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation, but your better off delaying the update and holding it off until you fix the performance issue with Gnomes. If you remember what happened with the loot update and how it was broke to Baator, you will have a idea of what will happen if you release Gnomes. It's not worth putting in the extra hours to fix something you could have prevented, especially when your not sure how long a emergency fix would take. It's a stressful situation on both ends.

Have a fun celebration devs, this party is more of a bust than Bill Gates launching Windows Vista. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f28kjCIMIoA)

Textuality
02-23-2016, 11:25 PM
Will this be a permanent dungeon...or only open for a limited time...like mabar or the cove?

Once ever 10 years probably.

BinaryS
02-23-2016, 11:30 PM
http://misc.binary-soul.de/mh.jpg

Is there a second Lamannia Server.. or do i dont understand the System?!

thomascoolone64
02-24-2016, 08:18 AM
http://misc.binary-soul.de/mh.jpg

Is there a second Lamannia Server.. or do i dont understand the System?!

Yes, You missed the open window this preview was open for. Sorry my friend. It was only for the weekend

-Avalon-
02-24-2016, 09:18 AM
BTW, can someone list out what the Least DM of Sivis does? Can't find it anywhere...

EllisDee37
02-24-2016, 03:02 PM
BTW, can someone list out what the Least DM of Sivis does? Can't find it anywhere...+2 bonus to UMD skill. Available SLAs:
Enchant Weapons (least)
Symbol of Flame (lesser)
Symbol of Stunning (greater)

I found this info on the gnome page (http://ddowiki.com/page/Gnome#Dragonmark_Feats); it doesn't appear to be in the dragonmark page(s).

-Avalon-
02-25-2016, 02:46 AM
+2 bonus to UMD skill. Available SLAs:

Enchant Weapons (least)
Symbol of Flame (lesser)
Symbol of Stunning (greater)

I found this info on the gnome page (http://ddowiki.com/page/Gnome#Dragonmark_Feats); it doesn't appear to be in the dragonmark page(s).

That explains why, but Google should have shown it...

That DM doesn't seem all that interesting or useful...

fatherpirate
02-27-2016, 01:28 AM
Could the powers that be post a calender showing what days LAM will be up ?
that would help

guessing sucks

EllisDee37
02-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Could the powers that be post a calender showing what days LAM will be up ?
that would help

guessing sucksLama won't be up again. Update 30 goes live on Monday.

-Avalon-
02-28-2016, 01:07 AM
I'm hoping that one of the cool new things on Monday will be a new Forgotten Realms deity, as having Deep Gnomes (a race that lives so far under the ground that they have never seen the sun, left alone worship a deity of it) worship Amaunator, would be like making the FR draw worship a sun god. Odd enough that Shadar-Kai worship Amaunator, but, Deep Gnomes?? Please tell me that we're getting a deity more fitting of races that thrive in the dark. Not necessarily an evil deity, just one whose domains include darkness or shadow or something, so that both Deep Gnomes and Shadar-Kai can have a more reasonable choice.

mikarddo
02-28-2016, 01:17 AM
"The maximum possible bonus loot level to a chest has been lifted. Players should now see chests of the appropriate adjusted loot level regardless of their character level."

This does not appear to be working. On live I am getting 989-1005pp from max level chests. On Lam I just ran a 33 quest + 1 ship + 2 gem + 1 blesser for a total of 37 on a chest. Rerolling to check the level I still got 989-1005 pp where I would have expected more due to the higher chest level.

So, it does not appear to be working, sadly.

Please - for the love of whatever you hold dear - actually display the chest level when we loot (and make the loot including plat and gold follow that level).

Did anyone else at all test this. Any QA or Dev want to comment on how we can know its working when what we can see points to the opposite?