PDA

View Full Version : Order of Syncletica: Iron Ninja

TeacherSyn
02-08-2016, 06:12 AM
No melee-based Monk in my dojo has ever achieved multiple solo Epic Elite completions.

>>But then, the diversity and resilience of the epic Ninja Spy is matched only by a few other classes. (https://orderofsyncletica.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/theatricality-and-deception-part-3-iron-ninja/)

Saekee
02-08-2016, 07:21 AM
Your enthusiasm in that blog post is insanely awesome.

How about a stealth run against To Curse The Sky? Quezuzu's acrobat did it with one kill only. I am betting a master ninja can do that too.

TeacherSyn
02-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Your enthusiasm in that blog post is insanely awesome.

How about a stealth run against To Curse The Sky? Quezuzu's acrobat did it with one kill only. I am betting a master ninja can do that too.

Hm. That means to slay only Malicia. Whew. She's a demon, immune to Poison, with really, really big...uh, bags of HP.

And that means all her spawns need to be kept busy 'till she dies.

Challenge accepted!

I'll post when I succeed (or experience crushing failure, I'm not petty).

Odin_Redbeard
02-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Since my main was for many years my pure monk I am really interested in how you put this character together. Is it possible to get a build breakdown I really want to see where I am going wrong. Thank you for your entertaining posts and blog and also for reminding me that monks aren't dead.

Saekee
02-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Hm. That means to slay only Malicia. Whew. She's a demon, immune to Poison, with really, really big...uh, bags of HP.

And that means all her spawns need to be kept busy 'till she dies.

Challenge accepted!

I'll post when I succeed (or experience crushing failure, I'm not petty).

I just did it on EH but I was really sloppy--ended up killing loys of other stuff (but am only level 24).
Quezuzu posted a video of the run too and has a whole thread explaining hiw to do it!
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/469658-To-Curse-the-Sky-one-kill-A-Video-Guide

Saekee
02-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Since my main was for many years my pure monk I am really interested in how you put this character together. Is it possible to get a build breakdown I really want to see where I am going wrong. Thank you for your entertaining posts and blog and also for reminding me that monks aren't dead.

Hi Odin, I believe he posted elsewhere on his blog but essentially it is a pure drow monk with ninja capstone using shortswords and the TWF chain (so TWF at level 1, 9 and 15); IC piercing at level 12. If you wish to boost tactics you can do all level ups in Wisdom; if you wish for a minor ranged option then buff all-out your dex and add quickdraw for shurikens. I think he also took Combat expertise to twist Improved combat expertise from LD. Other options for feats depend on playstyle and other concerns, such as Two weapon defense, maybe IC slashing for Brush hooks, etc.

You could go up the drow tree for minor boosts to short swords, shurikens and dex but especially Venomed blades. This will get strengthened by Sting of the Ninja and then use lootgen short swords with venomous for a nice poison DOT and damage.

Another option is to skip the drow enhancements, take tier 5 in Harper (not ninja) and still take the ninja capstone. You can then get improved deception on any weapon, 15 melee power (missing in monk trees until they are updated), and other Harper buffs. This is the best option IMHO.

Otherwise you can try to fit in Deft strikes and Iron skin from Shintao and remain in earth stance (what everyone ends up doing due to the big PRR benefits).