PDA

View Full Version : PDK fighter PL with warchanter

cru121
02-05-2016, 03:25 AM
Aim: PDK PL, Fighter PL.
Would this work? Would the tactics land?

PDK Fighter with T5 warchanter
Fighter 12 / Bard 8

Plan: swf+buckler, heavy armor, tactics

Ability scores: 13 STR < CON < CHA, lvlups in CHA

5 AP in PDK - CKT, hamp
12 AP in swash - SWF with buckler (works in Heavy Armor / Non-swash weapon, right?)
40+ AP in warchanter
13 AP in Stalwart
7 AP in Vanguard

01 Fighter 1 - SWF, Power Attack, Cleave
02 Bard 1
03 Bard 2 - Extend
04 Bard 3
05 Bard 4
06 Bard 5 - Great Cleave
07 Bard 6
08 Bard 7
09 Bard 8 - ISWF
10 Fighter 2 - ICrit
11 Fighter 3
12 Fighter 4 - FREE, FREE
13 Fighter 5
14 Fighter 6 - Heavy Armor Combatant +6 PRR/MRR
15 Fighter 7 - Greater Single Weapon Fighting
16 Fighter 8 - Tactical Combatant +4
17 Fighter 9
18 Fighter 10 - FREE, Heavy Armor Master +9 PRR/MRR
19 Fighter 11
20 Fighter 12 - Tactical Mastery +6

Not sure about weapons. Some sword. Could unbox a raider's box, but Oathblade could serve, or Drow weapon (if AH offers something). Could also buy lvl 22 and 24 TF easily. IIRC I might have an eSpinal Tap.

Buckler: Was thinking about heroic Buckler of the Demonic Soldier (+8 to stun, if it works..) until the 3BC dazing buckler.

Kadrios
02-05-2016, 05:53 AM
As far as I understand it, the skirmisher enhancement will still let you use SWF with a buckler even in heavy armour/not use a swashbuckling weapon.

one of my guildies is running a PDK fighter/warchanter, and it lands the various freezes and stuns very effectively from what I've seen. He posted up his build on his build thread (you can find it here https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/453843-Kent-s-custom-Character-Builds?p=5728079&viewfull=1#post5728079), its pre u29, but everything else is sound as far as I know. He picked up dire charge at level 29, not certain of his legendary feat, but I assume it was Arborea

unbongwah
02-05-2016, 09:23 AM
12 AP in swash - SWF with buckler (works in Heavy Armor / Non-swash weapon, right?)
Correct. However I think it's a net DPS loss since you're missing out on Swashie's crit bonuses, unless you have a specific weapon you want to use?

If you have Harper, consider investing in INT and taking Know the Angles; the DC bonus will stack with CKT.

unbongwah
02-05-2016, 09:33 AM
He posted up his build on his build thread (you can find it here https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/453843-Kent-s-custom-Character-Builds?p=5728079&viewfull=1#post5728079), its pre u29, but everything else is sound as far as I know.
Looks solid for a majority-ftr build. Only change I might suggest is going ftr 12 / bard 6 / rog 2 instead: lose lvl 3 spells, but you can take Tactical Mastery, a net gain of +5 WC DCs over pure bard (+11 if you can max out Kensei & Vanguard tactics bonuses).

Feithlin
02-07-2016, 05:59 PM
On my fighter/bard, I did F12/Bd7/C1 (FvS1 would work too) and it takes swashbuckler's tier 5. You have displacement and csw/haste, as well as DM: Captain Jack Dancer (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/442856-Captain-Jack-Dancer-F12-Bd7-C1). It is very versatile and can be easily adapted to playstyle.

The build is old (I did it at the bard pass), but still very fine, especially on the dps part. Defense was limited though, so when stances were changed, I swaped the ranged feats for stance/cc feats: SM, iSM, Tactical Mastery, Stunning Blow, and took the WF and WS feats for more dps, but the range version is still nice, particularly when mobs are hitting like trucks.

Valniel
02-25-2016, 05:33 AM
I'm considering the same splash 12/8 or 14/6 but with light armor and ISM for sb and doublestrike.

Anyone know if the attack speed from vanguard stacks with haste and swf? It should since swf is feat and the one from vanguard "combat style". It would mean 55 attack speed with haste, swf and vanguard lvl 12 core and 85% with action boost haste from LD ... With a high doublestrike, it would be a lot of hit per minute !

Not sure if it's possible because of the Ap's without losing too much dc or dps from somewhere else, but still ...

EDIT: Sadly, they don't stack. It's kinda weird and confusing ig, SWF is a combat style bonus, and ISWF and GSWF are called "feat bonus" but obviously the attack speed bonus is combat style anyway ...

Another question, Follow up works with warchanter stun?