PDA

View Full Version : Well, It seems about time now...

Allorian
01-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Well here we are at 30th level, I think it's time to introduce some new augments! I brought this up a while back and people thought it would be better to wait until the cap was lifted to 30, here it is....! Anyway with the crazy new random loot system in place there probably has not been much call for this as you can get +6 Insightful and +15 Enhancement items in game and thru the AH and ASAH. Maybe 30th lvl toons could have access to +4 Insightful Augments and +10 or even +12 Enhancement Augments. Besides ability modifiers maybe Luck +3, Power XI (275 or 300), etc.. Maybe even some new stuff we don't already have like HAMP and Assassinate, to name a few. DDO is all about choices and options, hey maybe if getting enough favor from a vendor allowed you to purchase some of these in game, like PDK top tier or Twelve top tier as they have no current favor rewards for their top tier. When you get enough favor you earn the right to buy them in game, from a vendor for Astral shards of course. Or possibly a new vendor geared toward the Legendary content, he or she gives you access to different tiers of Augments for different levels of favor: 75 favor = ability enhancements for lvl 30 i.e. +10 Augs, 150 favor = lvl 30 ability enhancements of +12 and +4 Insightful Augs, 300 favor = HAMP, Power XI, Luck +3, etc... Keep in mind that it would only be favor earned through Legendary content. Just an idea.

Anyway I figured I'd throw this out there and see what you guys think. Love it or hate it or indifferent.

Thx Guys
Glam

PsychoBlonde
01-21-2016, 01:39 PM
I asked them about this when they announced the loot revamp, and I was told that there are "no plans at this time to re-do augments".

Aelonwy
01-27-2016, 08:32 PM
Sapphires of Dodge
Sapphire of Fortification over 100% (Heavy)
Amethyst of Seeking
Topaz? of Deadly/Accuracy
Emeralds of Speed (1 through 8)
Ruby of Heartseeker/Bloodletter/Ribcracker
Rubies of Stunning, Vertigo, & Shatter with 1st level ruby being +1 and the 4th level ruby being +2, going up by 2 from there but ending at level 24, I don't have the heart to add anything higher than what is currently in-game. I feel its balanced well enough because these effects can be acquired on high end named equipment and not take up a damage slot on your weapon. But having these available as augments would open up itemization and make weapons/shields with multiple slots more useful.

Named/or Rare drops
Topaz of True Seeing
Topaz of Freedom of Movement
Ruby Eye of the Siren 2% chance of 3d4 Sonic damage per minimum level of the item
Diamond of Blur (Since you can get this on named items as low as level 3 I would suggest making this item no higher than 8th level and possibly 4th)
Diamond of Lesser Displacement (should be raid item lvl24/28)
Amethyst of Deception/Improved Deception

Ligraph
01-27-2016, 08:46 PM
With that fancy new augment button, I wouldn't be surprised to see it sometime soon, hopefully/maybe with cannith crafting.

To quote Varg:

However... one could potentially wonder why a generic Augment UI button would appear in the general inventory panel, even though it's only as yet been announced to be used for new Legendary Green Steel Augments. Someone might suspect LGS may be some kind of first foray for converting augments to a better system, potentially making it easier to create new augments or even just deal with existing ones.

cru121
01-27-2016, 10:59 PM
However... one could potentially wonder why a generic Augment UI button would appear in the general inventory panel, even though it's only as yet been announced to be used for new Legendary Green Steel Augments. Someone might suspect LGS may be some kind of first foray for converting augments to a better system, potentially making it easier to create new augments or even just deal with existing ones.

Or, the button will remain as yet another memento of plans that never materialized.