PDA

View Full Version : New Tab for Cosmetics

Hakushi
01-20-2016, 04:53 PM
I have an idea for a new way to handle cosmetics. I suggest an entirely new tab or window for cosmetics, it would be called: Closet.

The Closet would be account shared (free for everyone). When I use a cosmetic item, like a hat, it would go directly into the closet, instead of my character equipping it. From now on, any of my characters could equip it, but only one character could do it since I only have one in my Closet. As an example, if I like the Bunny hat, I could buy it 5 times on the same character, and use it on the same character to have 5 versions of it in my Closet so five of my characters could use it at the same time. Once used, those items would disappear from my inventory. That way, anyone could change their cosmetics when they feel like it without having to carry multiple versions in their inventory. New ones could be added with that in mind.

Cosmetics from Mirror of Glamering could surely go into the Closet as well.

Starla70
01-20-2016, 06:53 PM
I like the idea. More people are getting cosmetics, this could be a good thing.

The_Human_Cypher
01-21-2016, 11:34 PM
I suggested this while back, proposing to call the new tab on Inventory "The Dressing Room."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/433039-The-Dressing-Room?highlight=The+Dressing+Room

"A similar Tab on the Inventory sheet could be created for cosmetic hats and clothes. This would free up Inventory space and allow any character to access the cosmetic items easily. I have been playing The Secret World MMO recently and they have an option on the Character Sheet called The Dressing Room. The Dressing Room has sections for cosmetic hats, shoes, shirts, entire outfits, etc. Once claimed, all cosmetic outfits appear here and can be toggled on and off. The Secret World features many cosmetic outfits as it takes place in a modern setting but DDO could benefit from something like this as well."

The devs have mentioned that this feature is on their To Do List.