PDA

View Full Version : Server Restart 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) Thursday, January 21st

Cordovan
01-20-2016, 01:27 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

The DDO game servers will be brought down at 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Thursday, January 21st for a restart. This is being done to enable the DDO Winter Games. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

lifestaker
01-20-2016, 01:57 PM
Just to ask, is this just a bump on flip a switch, or are other things being 'fixed' at this time as well potentially resulting in a longer downtime window due to unforeseen issues arising from modifications made?

LevelJ
01-20-2016, 04:21 PM
Just to ask, is this just a bump on flip a switch, or are other things being 'fixed' at this time as well potentially resulting in a longer downtime window due to unforeseen issues arising from modifications made?

Since he only mentioned a single time rather than a time period, this sounds like a switch flip to me.

At any rate, I look forward to doing the ice games in my spare time...it has been a while.

-Jayron

Cordovan
01-20-2016, 04:26 PM

We need to briefly take down the worlds to enable the Risia Ice Games (to prevent people from getting stuck in the ice. :) ) So, the worlds will be down just long enough for us to enable Risia and Midwinter on all of the servers, then check them out to make sure they are working okay. Probably somewhere in the half hour to hour range, although we'll let you know.

Memnir
01-20-2016, 04:34 PM
Ah, my favorite looking time of year for DDO...

http://i.imgur.com/ifXldyL.jpg

Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow.

ComicRelief
01-20-2016, 05:08 PM
*snip*
Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeaehxEdpgo

;)

Starla70
01-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Bh humbug, with snow comes more lag. (not to mention I have enough snow in real life)

FranOhmsford
01-20-2016, 06:03 PM
We need to briefly take down the worlds to enable the Risia Ice Games (to prevent people from getting stuck in the ice. :) ) So, the worlds will be down just long enough for us to enable Risia and Midwinter on all of the servers, then check them out to make sure they are working okay. Probably somewhere in the half hour to hour range, although we'll let you know.

The Risia Ice Games are known to be a major cause of Lag!

The game has been seriously laggy for the past 4 weeks already - PLEASE tell me you have a fix for the Lag that's going to be put in place during the restart?

RapkintheRanger
01-20-2016, 06:13 PM
The DDO game servers will be brought down at 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Thursday, January 21st for a restart. This is being done to enable the DDO Winter Games. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

It hasn't even snowed yet in Eveningstar. Maybe we should wait for snow to run the games... global warming caused by gnomes smelting stuff probably.

Delacroix21
01-20-2016, 06:56 PM

Any new items etc this games?

Starla70
01-20-2016, 07:25 PM
I think as quick as the first snow flake falls the games start!

icekinslayer
01-20-2016, 09:11 PM

The game has been seriously laggy for the past 4 weeks already - PLEASE tell me you have a fix for the Lag that's going to be put in place during the restart?

Exclamation points are 100% more effective to making a point as opposed to no exclamation points!! And besides, the game world's lag with or without events going on! Adding lag to lag just equals lag! Let it lag, let it lag, let it lag!

sithhound
01-21-2016, 12:40 AM

Do we have to? lol

moomooprincess
01-21-2016, 08:06 AM
Server reboot in 55 minutes

moomooprincess
01-21-2016, 08:08 AM

The reboot will fix the lag because the memory leaks will get to start all over.

Flavilandile
01-21-2016, 08:24 AM
The reboot will fix the lag because the memory leaks will get to start all over.

Except that it may not be a real reboot, but just a lockout ( as in : puttin' the server in don't accept new connection from the frontend network and kill anything already connected. [ or said another way : bring down the front end interfaces. ) while they put the relevant flags for ice skating and ice jumping on.

And in that case it won't do anything to the lag.

RoberttheBard
01-21-2016, 09:30 AM
Bh humbug, with snow comes more lag. (not to mention I have enough snow in real life)

Sadly, snow causes lag in real life too...

skorpeon
01-21-2016, 09:37 AM
Sadly, snow causes lag in real life too...

hmm this is just one of the events I just seem to love to miss.

I know some people get some real cool low level items but I just can not seem to like the idea of putting skates on on D&D.

I guess I am a Grinch that hates Risia

moomooprincess
01-21-2016, 09:46 AM
Except that it may not be a real reboot, but just a lockout ( as in : puttin' the server in don't accept new connection from the frontend network and kill anything already connected. [ or said another way : bring down the front end interfaces. ) while they put the relevant flags for ice skating and ice jumping on.

And in that case it won't do anything to the lag.

Oh, way to put a negative spin on it. :D

Cordovan
01-21-2016, 09:47 AM
The game worlds have reopened.

SableShadow
01-21-2016, 09:48 AM
Release notes?*

*Yes, I know, I know, but I still want release notes, even if they just say "eet snowz nao!"

mr420247
01-21-2016, 10:02 AM
Let me guess gonna bet

The new loot wont work with risia ice effects kind of like crafting and decon

This seems a little extended

mr420247
01-21-2016, 10:04 AM
Must be my launcher then cuz i cant log on

UurlockYgmeov
01-21-2016, 12:41 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/17/d9/5b/17d95b1f2577551989223249e301efa3.gif

Kompera_Oberon
01-26-2016, 08:18 AM
Let me guess gonna bet

The new loot wont work with risia ice effects kind of like crafting and decon

It would be nice to hear if this warning applies to crafting Midwinter Festival recipes onto the new lootgen stuff before it is fixed.

Please do not craft onto new randomly-generated items as these particular Cannith Crafted items will be destroyed in an upcoming patch.

Sure, it mentions Cannith Crafting by name, but the Midwinter Festival wasn't ongoing when that warning was issued, and the odds that they actually did any testing are probably in the range of slim and none.