PDA

View Full Version : Travel from Eberron to Realms

Lence
01-20-2016, 11:44 AM
Here is a suggestion for ya.

Yes, I get that it was designed intentionally to be extra annoying for non-VIPs and just slightly annoying for VIPs to get back and forth from Eberron to Forgotten Realms, but I think that time is probably past.

1. Add teleport from Airships to Eveningstar.
2. Add an Airship access point in the town (less important than #1, running to the cave is also annoying).

For even being a VIP, the logging off and back on to switch back and forth is still annoying. yes there is a derpy key, which is one more clicky to take up inventory space, but sometimes you might forget to get ship buffs or whatever, or run gets cancelled after travelling out there.

Either way, the original design has probably served its purpose and now all that is left is the annoying part.

Cheers

Krelar
01-20-2016, 11:50 AM
The impression I have always gotten is that the devs would love to make it easier but are getting vetoed on the idea by someone higher up. (WoTC thinks it violates the lore they want to allow?) That's why we got the weird hall of heroes mechanic, it was the best they could manage to negotiate.

Lence
01-20-2016, 12:24 PM
(WoTC thinks it violates the lore they want to allow

If you replaced "lore" with "$$$$$$" it might make sense. However, with a key that teleports, the actual teleport spell, Planescallers/shifters every place, all the other plane jumping around we do, I could hardly imagine what "lore" they could be clinging too.

Either way, its not really a huge deal, I would consider it more a "quality of life" suggestion since its more of a minor annoyance mostly.

Livmo
01-20-2016, 12:47 PM
You can buy an account add-on that lets you log out of one realm and into another on a non-iconic toon. However, if you make an iconic, then you get that for free on any iconics that you make regardless if you buy the account upgrade or not.

No airship access to FR due to lore. However, you can bind your soul stone in ES and whenever you want to get back to FR fast, use the /death command.

JOTMON
01-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Shouldn't be teleport, Teleport should be restricted to travel within the planes.
Teleport should be fixed so that it doesn't take you back to Eberron from FR, but instead takes you to various destination locations within FR..
for example.. if teleport Destination 1 when in Eberron is the marketplace, in FR teleport 1 would take you to the Well... etc...

That said...
The logout/login relocation is a pita..
Its time for the Dragonmarked houses to step up and get that travel infrastructure setup, interplane'itary business opportunities await...

The Planescaller should be able to create a stable link using planescallers from each side.
Utilize the rift between worlds.. hijack something like what they did with Stargate(tv series) .. creating the Mid-way station.. a bridge between the Milky Way and the Pegasus system.

Expand the guildship port locations to encompass FR by utilize the onboard planescaller functionability.. even if its a FR representative that ports you to various FR locations..

UurlockYgmeov
01-20-2016, 02:47 PM
bind yourself to estar, and call a taxi!!

http://www.scaryforkids.com/pics/death-cab.jpg

SirValentine
01-22-2016, 05:31 AM
They should implement their promised "quick travel between the realms of Eberron and Forgotten Realms", and give it for free to all the people who dropped 795 Turbine Points expecting to get just that, since they actually got nothing useful. As it stands, the so-called "Passport" is nothing but a rip-off scam.

Also, instead of adding something separate, the airship Planescaller should allow transport between planes, as well. That is supposed to be the point of a Planescaller, right?