PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Wednesday, January 13th

Cordovan
01-12-2016, 12:46 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, January 13th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

lifestaker
01-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Is this going to address the tome issue by chance? Would hate to run the raids today knowing it will be fixed tomorrow.

Cleanincubus
01-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Random Loot fix? Random Loot Cannith Crafting deconstruction fix? Creeping Death fix? Cannith Crafting Update? Bag Deposit/Cookie description fix?

Some information on what this Update would be fantastic, since the Devs have been all but silent since U29 came out, and we're only being told a day before.

LeoLionxxx
01-12-2016, 01:12 PM
Nah, the devs wouldn't drop the Cannith Crafting update on us without letting us beta test it first.

Right?

RIGHT??????

Maelphistez
01-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Seems likely given the lack of Dev interaction leading up to this update that it's going to contain one or more exploit fixes. Given that discussing such things is a no-no, I'll avoid speculating as to which ones are being patched out.

Systern
01-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Is Update 29 finally coming out? This Lammania Preview 4 on the live servers is getting pretty old.

UurlockYgmeov
01-12-2016, 01:21 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, January 13th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Thank you for the heads up!

Where will the weekly wednesday livestream be coming from? what levels and content? tyia!

Malusny
01-12-2016, 01:21 PM

We would really like to know what is the update going to do to the game. It would be great if you guys could tell us a bit more. Hopefully release notes.

Cheers.

CThruTheEgo
01-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Hopefully this downtime is to lower the HP of legendary Shroud portals so players don't feel the need to save themselves 20 mins of boring, mindless auto attacking.

Steve_Howe
01-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Shroud fixes and fixes to Tier 3 LGS "dual shard" effects affecting bosses would seem very likely be addressed in this update.

Starla70
01-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the warning! Hope it finishes in time for the lunch!

Cordovan
01-12-2016, 01:46 PM
We'll have Release Notes tomorrow.

Memnir
01-12-2016, 01:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WSpqCSZ.gif

cdbd3rd
01-12-2016, 01:57 PM

/Agreed. :)

PNellesen
01-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Hopefully this downtime is to lower the HP of legendary Shroud portals so players don't feel the need to save themselves 20 mins of boring, mindless auto attacking.

We can hope. We can also hope to win the $1 Billion+ Powerball too. (And I'd bet that the odds of them reducing the HP is probably lower than the odds of an individual winning the Powerball...)

Shoemaker
01-12-2016, 02:34 PM

Me too...

geoffhanna
01-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Are we moving to the new data center? Did LotRO planned move yesterday go off? And if it did, did it go well?

DANTEIL
01-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Did LotRO planned move yesterday go off? And if it did, did it go well?

In a word, no: https://twitter.com/lotro

Cordovan
01-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Is this going to address the tome issue by chance? Would hate to run the raids today knowing it will be fixed tomorrow.

Yes, this will address the issue of only +1 Tomes appearing in high level content.

Thank you for the heads up!

Where will the weekly wednesday livestream be coming from? what levels and content? tyia!

I think Khyber? Probably upper Epics/Legendary.

We would really like to know what is the update going to do to the game. It would be great if you guys could tell us a bit more. Hopefully release notes.

Cheers.

Release Notes tomorrow.

Yes, this will lower the hit points and DR of the portals in Pt. 1 of Legendary Shroud.

Are we moving to the new data center? Did LotRO planned move yesterday go off? And if it did, did it go well?

Not yet. LOTRO did indeed have their data center migration yesterday. We'll announce when the time comes for DDO.

patang01
01-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Yes, this will address the issue of only +1 Tomes appearing in high level content.

I think Khyber? Probably upper Epics/Legendary.

Release Notes tomorrow.

Yes, this will lower the hit points and DR of the portals in Pt. 1 of Legendary Shroud.

Not yet. LOTRO did indeed have their data center migration yesterday. We'll announce when the time comes for DDO.

Personally I think lowering the HP and DR of portals and increase critter spawning would be a good compromise. Because smacking portals is about as fun as beating on that red named giant in Trackers trap.

lifestaker
01-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Thanks.

Hmm I like this, though did not expect it.

Gratch
01-12-2016, 03:54 PM

Notice you didn't comment on how well it went. Looking at the LotRO forums it looks like it went "please go away for a few days unless you like to beta test broken servers/connections/logins/game services". So about the same as the last time they moved the DDO servers.

Will be interesting once things calm down there to see if the "lag" and "lag spikes" are lower on in theory "better" hardware at the new data center. Just hope this isn't one of those "we're moving you from 20 physical servers to 5 physical servers but don't worry because they're supposed to be 3x as fast - oh wait, we didn't realize our processes are mostly constrained by X and X is about the same speed as before"...

Dear LotRO,

Thanks for being the alpha testers for us.

-DDO

CThruTheEgo
01-12-2016, 04:05 PM

I am pleasantly surprised by this. Nice move devs. Thank you.

TSmiley
01-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Dear LotRO,

Thanks for being the alpha testers for us.

-DDO

Lol :) Now THATS FUNNY!

So, Im new to game - only been playing about a year now so all this legendary stuff - yeah never seen it (apart from in shoeys twitch streams), and probably wont see it for another 6 months till im at level. What I'd like to know is - when is the next update for newer players to the game to get some lower level content say 10-20 ?

Avocado
01-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Please fix LGS so that the spell power shards make it so the weapon gets a implement bonus to spell power. Usually a weapon with spell power gives 3xehancement bonus to universal spell power. Im out 42 universal spell power w/o this.

Are you perhaps also going to fix that equipped LGS effects dont appear when you login? You have unequip and re-equip the weapon/item to get the effect back when you log in.

Also, are you going to change the way the shards appear on LGS so they actually show the benefits when you examine the weapon instead of just the shard type?

Habreno
01-12-2016, 04:21 PM

So, Im new to game - only been playing about a year now so all this legendary stuff - yeah never seen it (apart from in shoeys twitch streams), and probably wont see it for another 6 months till im at level. What I'd like to know is - when is the next update for newer players to the game to get some lower level content say 10-20 ?

Agreed on the funny part.

As far as lower-level content, the last three releases have had heroic levels in the teens.

Gratch
01-12-2016, 04:52 PM
As far as lower-level content, the last three releases have had heroic levels in the teens.

Update 29: The Codex War

Two Quests of Level 15 heroic/31 epic, Three "legendaried" raids

Update 28: The Devil's Gambit

Four Quests of Level 14 heroic/30 epic

Update 27: Trials of the Archons

Three Quests of Level 13 heroic/30 epic, One new Level 30 raid

So new level 13-15 quests. I'll also note that these quests are all quite a bit tougher than similar level (think Gianthold) quests. Some of them actually need groups in heroic elite - though a tricky soloer can still do most of them with a bit of slow going. I would call them "not-total-cake-walkthrough-for-Warlock-quests".

PNellesen
01-12-2016, 04:56 PM

Thanks for this. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong :)

Silverleafeon
01-13-2016, 12:18 AM
I am pleasantly surprised by this. Nice move devs. Thank you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NQjP17YsdkE/TS0kIghji0I/AAAAAAAAF9E/spNvCY85Sdc/s1600/ditto.jpg

biglou
01-13-2016, 08:00 AM
I am a paying customer blah blah blah.

patang01
01-13-2016, 08:10 AM

Every single update have added content in that range. Most of the quest chains have dual properties; heroic in the range of 14-20 and Epic or legendary around 28+.

With the exception of raids and some quest chains (such as U29 flagging - I'm not sure they're heroic but I could be wrong) both U28 and U27 were these dual properties.

I think that's how they're doing it going forward just to add as much content as possible in both the heroic and the epic/legendary range. Currently however they should add a few more chains in the 26-30 range.

Saaluta
01-13-2016, 08:22 AM

It's tomorrow :D

Saal :)

Haneef
01-13-2016, 08:31 AM
It's tomorrow :D

Saal :)

I think Californians are still sleeping or about to have coffee :)

Livmo
01-13-2016, 08:37 AM
I think Californians are still sleeping or about to have coffee :)

CA update, it's coffee time :D

[_]P

Cheers!

UurlockYgmeov
01-13-2016, 08:45 AM
I have but one word to say - and it is both inspirational and monumental:

KoboldKloset™ !!! :eek::p:rolleyes:;):cool:

firstprotector
01-13-2016, 08:46 AM
how about some release notes about what is being fixed today, please.

PNellesen
01-13-2016, 08:58 AM
how about some release notes about what is being fixed today, please.

Once they figure out what they've changed (by checking the forums after the servers come back up), we'll get the notes.

JadonJohn
01-13-2016, 09:24 AM
Major update to Lord of the Rings On-Line... download now available

Cordovan
01-13-2016, 09:39 AM
Click here (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-29-patch-1-release-notes) for the Release Notes.

GoldyGopher
01-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Click here (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-29-patch-1-release-notes) for the Release Notes.

Page Not Found

Alavatar
01-13-2016, 09:42 AM

404 Error

alvarego

Home › 404 Not Found
404 Not Found

The requested page could not be found.

typo ?

EDIT: is working now seems like announce was done before file was uploaded ;)

Gauthaag

are u sure? - getting 404 there

Ravenwolf1
01-13-2016, 09:43 AM
Hey Cordovan, the page linked to notes has the 404 error page not found, FYI

Cordovan
01-13-2016, 09:43 AM
The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game.

lronEnema
01-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Cordovan appears to have resorted to trolling

slarden
01-13-2016, 09:45 AM

Looks great! Some of the items in known issue appear to have been fixed already, e.g., riposte items and tempest spine rune turn-ins.

Also, I am assuming the scarab of spell absorbs that weren't in TR bank are lost forever? Can you confirm if there is any way to get those back.

Cordovan
01-13-2016, 09:55 AM
Looks great! Some of the items in known issue appear to have been fixed already, e.g., riposte items and tempest spine rune turn-ins.

Also, I am assuming the scarab of spell absorbs that weren't in TR bank are lost forever? Can you confirm if there is any way to get those back.

Correct, this fix can only correct scarabs that weren't already affected (for example, those in TR caches and banks.) We sadly are unable to get broken ones fixed.

Systern
01-13-2016, 09:55 AM
Has anything been done to the loot tables in general?

Assassinate dropping lower than ML 12 (since it's a T5 enhancement, you don't need it before then)
Collars dropping with Assassinate and castery stuff. Spells with verbal components don't understand "woof".
Diversion dropping at low MLs rounds to 0 and does not reduce monster hate, but increases player hate (of this update)
Speed, Melee Alacrity, Striding have slowed down enough to be in chests?

Nachomammashouse
01-13-2016, 09:57 AM
Magefire Cannons no longer express their love for "Pirates of the Thunder Sea (Epic) when they hit you.

Disappointed! :p

slarden
01-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Correct, this fix can only correct scarabs that weren't already affected (for example, those in TR caches and banks.) We sadly are unable to get broken ones fixed.

Thank you for the clarification. I just checked a mule character holding most of my scarabs and they are all there. I intentionally avoided opening that character until this was fixed. So it appears only those scarabs on characters that were accessed are lost. So not as bad I thought it would be.

One thing missing from the release notes that was fixed: Insightful Spell Focus Mastery from Robe and Armor of Celestial Sage is now working. I only confirmed it on the robe, but I assume it's a universal fix. Thank you for fixing that!

bracelet
01-13-2016, 10:02 AM

The Known Issues (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/150534-Official-Known-Issues) list has items that were fixed by this patch and others before this one. Someone should scrub it before we collectively forget what was fixed and what was not.

Qezuzu
01-13-2016, 10:10 AM
Legendary Green Steel skill bonuses that incorrectly indicate an Enhancement bonus type are now Competence bonuses.

RIP 130 DC spell traps :(

Cordovan
01-13-2016, 10:15 AM
I hadn't updated the Known Issues list yet. It's now done.

Cordovan
01-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Thank you for the clarification. I just checked a mule character holding most of my scarabs and they are all there. I intentionally avoided opening that character until this was fixed. So it appears only those scarabs on characters that were accessed are lost. So not as bad I thought it would be.

One thing missing from the release notes that was fixed: Insightful Spell Focus Mastery from Robe and Armor of Celestial Sage is now working. I only confirmed it on the robe, but I assume it's a universal fix. Thank you for fixing that!

Interesting, could be there was a check in I missed. ALSO: Looks like Speed is once again dropping in random loot.

SlashbackWarrior
01-13-2016, 10:24 AM
Sadly some things that does harm to players not fixed. Legendary Vacuum still apply stacks of vulnerable on positive spell casts. Also elemental dots doesn't seem to scale with spell power anymore.

jakeelala
01-13-2016, 11:02 AM
Imp Weapon Finesse does seem to be working for Thrown characters (DWS enhancement). Is that just old and didn't get removed?

Frotz
01-13-2016, 11:14 AM
ALSO: Looks like Speed is once again dropping in random loot.
Speed was still appearing on loot after the update, but it wasn't in the item name and still had the old I/II/III/IV/... description.

Widmore
01-13-2016, 11:18 AM
"Magefire Cannons no longer express their love for "Pirates of the Thunder Sea (Epic) when they hit you."

I'm very curious as to what this is.
I haven't played that on Epic yet, but it sounds like something I wish I could have seen before it was fixed. :p

chappyglass
01-13-2016, 11:25 AM
It seems there's a bug now prevents you from gaining stacks of master of knowledge when you cast arcane bolt or blast, while you have a warlock aura active. It's great they fixed the aura from procing master of knowlege by itself, but now i have to disable the aura altogether. It's too bad cause I was using the aura to help keep up stacks of Empyrian magic.

Attropos
01-13-2016, 11:41 AM
It seems there's a bug now prevents you from gaining stacks of master of knowledge when you cast arcane bolt or blast, while you have a warlock aura active. It's great they fixed the aura from procing master of knowlege by itself, but now i have to disable the aura altogether. It's too bad cause I was using the aura to help keep up stacks of Empyrian magic.

/eyebrows raised

Just an observation, dev like this is why fixing bugs is so hard in this game. Adding a flag to make mental honing not stack while the aura on is super hacky and will make all future development related to the aura harder, and doesn't actually fix any underlying causes. Even more disappointing than the hacky fix is the fact that it wasn't even implemented properly.

if(aura.on==true && !char.hasEnhancement(Arcane Blast)) noMentalHoningForYou=true

Come on guys, this is just lazy.

jaedom
01-13-2016, 11:52 AM
I made one new greensteel pair of gloves and they were nerfed. Seriously, what is going on there. I made gloves with 22 to skills plus insightful bonus the alter clearly showed what would be on the item. Now after only 2 days of having them and several raids and real money spent to make them they are all but useless to me. I am sick of this disregard for our time and money. Its giving half the bonus to skills it was giving and now only +3 to umd which i could get more from a random item. So long shroud not running that anymore. You nerfed mortal fear now this and not even a warning.

patang01
01-13-2016, 12:02 PM
I made one new greensteel pair of gloves and they were nerfed. Seriously, what is going on there. I made gloves with 22 to skills plus insightful bonus the alter clearly showed what would be on the item. Now after only 2 days of having them and several raids and real money spent to make them they are all but useless to me. I am sick of this disregard for our time and money. Its giving half the bonus to skills it was giving and now only +3 to umd which i could get more from a random item. So long shroud not running that anymore. You nerfed mortal fear now this and not even a warning.

I'm more miffed about no bonus on items, only if you pair two with similar dominion/opposition. It's a terrible system and since I wasted my mats on starting to make an item just to find out it had no bonuses, I stopped running Shroud. I'm sorta fed up with u29 right now.

dunklezhan
01-13-2016, 12:04 PM
If the fact that items dropping with +0 effects on is not in the release note or known issues, does this mean that rather annoying feature of the new lootgen is in fact WAI?

Steelstar
01-13-2016, 12:09 PM

It has changed in exactly the way the Release Note said it did - You no longer gain stacks if you have the Aura active.

Eldritch Aura is a particularly complex ability, and unfortunately the bug involved in this change is not an easy fix. In the short timeframe of this patch, the best option available (both for the sake of game stability and not heavily, heavily nerfing both Eldritch Aura and Master of Knowledge) was to put this change in place. We will be investigating the feasibility of larger changes to Eldritch Aura that may allow us to remove the restriction in the future.

chappyglass
01-13-2016, 12:15 PM
It has changed in exactly the way the Release Note said it did - You no longer gain stacks if you have the Aura active.

Eldritch Aura is a particularly complex ability, and unfortunately the bug involved in this change is not an easy fix. In the short timeframe of this patch, the best option available (both for the sake of game stability and not heavily, heavily nerfing both Eldritch Aura and Master of Knowledge) was to put this change in place. We will be investigating the feasibility of larger changes to Eldritch Aura that may allow us to remove the restriction in the future.

Ah I see, good to know! Thanks for the response.

jaedom
01-13-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm more miffed about no bonus on items, only if you pair two with similar dominion/opposition. It's a terrible system and since I wasted my mats on starting to make an item just to find out it had no bonuses, I stopped running Shroud. I'm sorta fed up with u29 right now.

I am wondering what compensation they plan to give for those who have made items that have been reduced or broken from the update. I have a service ticket in but will be calling if i do not hear something soon. I at the very least want to be reimbursed for the mats I bought in the store to make the item if it is not going to be fixed. I am not holding my breath tho but I am all but done with the nerfs being done like this.

Attropos
01-13-2016, 12:34 PM

Have you considered taking the entire ability out and putting in a substitute? It seems like it causes a multitude of issues. Maybe a toggle that would add eldritch blast damage on spell cast.

Shoemaker
01-13-2016, 12:47 PM

I don't see anything that says nerf in the release notes. I do see "Legendary Green Steel skill bonuses that incorrectly indicate an Enhancement bonus type are now Competence bonuses." though which is a fix, not a nerf. If this means that it's not providing the same bonus it was, then it's not stacking with something else you were using. You can always get an augment remover to replace or overwrite the T1 effect if it isn't satisfactory to you and put something else in there.

CeltEireson
01-13-2016, 12:55 PM
Can't see anything either in the release notes or the known issues about the issue of random gen weapons not bypassing the relevant DR correctly? i.e. weapons with good damage are not bypassing DR/good etc. I tested on existing item and still seems to be broken, but it may have been fixed for new items possibly, if not any idea when this is going to be fixed - another patch or do we have to wait to next update?

Cordovan
01-13-2016, 12:56 PM
Imp Weapon Finesse does seem to be working for Thrown characters (DWS enhancement). Is that just old and didn't get removed?

Simply not removed. Wasn't aware this was fixed? Given your interest in thrown weapon bugs, I'll take your word for it and remove it from the Known Issues. :)

Coyopa
01-13-2016, 01:15 PM
Simply not removed. Wasn't aware this was fixed? Given your interest in thrown weapon bugs, I'll take your word for it and remove it from the Known Issues. :)

Yeah, that's been fixed since like U28.1. I've been enjoying the benefits of that enhancement on my thrower build ever since.

LrdSlvrhnd
01-13-2016, 01:34 PM
Spells with verbal components don't understand "woof".

I just love this line.

UurlockYgmeov
01-13-2016, 01:42 PM
Deathblock on items.

Is this just providing deathblock, or is it still proving scaling negative blocking as well? Description on items is just 'Deathblock' not 'Deathblock I' etc.

PNellesen
01-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Can't see anything either in the release notes or the known issues about the issue of random gen weapons not bypassing the relevant DR correctly? i.e. weapons with good damage are not bypassing DR/good etc. I tested on existing item and still seems to be broken, but it may have been fixed for new items possibly, if not any idea when this is going to be fixed - another patch or do we have to wait to next update?

I'm not entirely sure these are broken - the weapons themselves aren't good/evil/etc. aligned, they just happen to do extra alignment damage. My pally can equip a weapon that does extra Evil damage against enemies with evil DR without taking a negative level, and without actually breaking the DR. It's weird, but may be WAI...

Habreno
01-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Magefire Cannons no longer express their love for "Pirates of the Thunder Sea (Epic) when they hit you.

Disappointed! :p

Me too, that was funny!

Ravenwolf1
01-13-2016, 02:27 PM

Are we talking Halflings here... ;)

Ullikummis
01-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Spells with verbal components don't understand "woof".

I just love this line.

I feel like this should be in the "Known Issues" page!

embalmdk
01-13-2016, 03:54 PM
The patches supplied did little to fix the green steel issues. Instead they went from one extreme - over powered - to making green steel junk and not worth collecting. The green steel items are barely better than the level 20 counterparts and yet these are supposed to be the ultimate in gear such that you need to run the Codex and the Shroud enough times to get the ingredients which in raw form cannot be traded.

This entire update from the initial broken release, to the patch has been so poorly developed, with lack of player community understanding that I wonder if the developers want to continue to develop and play this game. As examples, when the update came out a number of LGS items were overpowered such as Radiance, Acid Dot, Slow, etc.. Now instead of applying an appropriate balance the devs made the items practically useless. In balance perspective using the acid dot to put an mark on a mob with 700,000 hit points that does 200 damage over time is totally useless.

Overall the developers have made the LGS totally ineffectual and really do not understand balance.

As for the Legendary Raids, they went for killing most characters in one hit versus actually forcing team play and/or understanding. You don't need a healer if everyone is killed in one blow, you don't need a tank if there are a massive group of mobs that can one shot everyone.

The devs continually force the "flavor of the day" toons by changing character classes one by one without actually understanding what each character class does. Case in point for a while wizards were best, then paladins, warlocks, barbarians, tempest rangers, etc. and yet there is little balance in toons.

The shroud was supposed to be the end game, it is now a joke as the gear is questionable at best, the effects are virtually non-existent and comparable to level 13 shroud gear, and the effort to get the items is too much of an effort for what is actually available. Case in point under the old gear you could get a 45 hp item that stacked with everything, with the new gear the first 56 points versus a 40 augment, really only 16 points since it does not stack with false life, so in the end the best you get is insiteful and quality so in the end you get about 58 points this is a not a big difference so a 13 point difference between level 13 shroud item and a level 26 shroud item. This took a lot of real brain power and effort.

Now tier 1 items do not stack with regular items so why bother. The devs really need to understand motivation, client requirements, and product development.

Sunnsett
01-13-2016, 04:12 PM
And once again, another update, another chance trying to spend hours installing and uninstalling. This time though, even the installer will not work. No sense having an account if I can't even get the game installed. Well, was fun while it lasted.

Kompera_Oberon
01-13-2016, 04:37 PM
If the fact that items dropping with +0 effects on is not in the release note or known issues, does this mean that rather annoying feature of the new lootgen is in fact WAI?

I thought this tidbit was aimed at that bug, but it is so vaguely worded as to be unclear.

Items with Concentration benefits now list their proper bonus.

Shoemaker
01-13-2016, 04:45 PM

I thought this tidbit was aimed at that bug, but it is so vaguely worded as to be unclear.

Items with Concentration benefits now list their proper bonus.

Except that +0 was the proper bonus (as that what was actually applied when putting the item on) so there is no change - hence WAI and there were other +0 effects other than "concentration". So, I think it's a fair (albeit silly) question.

dunklezhan
01-13-2016, 04:58 PM
Except that +0 was the proper bonus (as that what was actually applied when putting the item on) so there is no change - hence WAI and there were other +0 effects other than "concentration". So, I think it's a fair (albeit silly) question.

Huh? Why is it a silly question? What did I miss? What does having a +0 on an item do in terms of adding to the game experience? Why do we need to know that an effect was generated for an item if it is not, in fact, going to have any effect? They're called effects for a reason. They should do something, or they should not be there. +0 does nothing so I don't want to see it.

Why is it silly to ask what the situation is regarding this type of loot and for confirmation of WAI vs Bug? For all I know its not been bug reported - but I'm happy to raise one, cos they're still dropping. I just need to know if it is or isn't.

Proper confused by your response. Not offended by it - the above isn't intended to be defensive, I'm just very confused!

CeltEireson
01-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Huh? Why is it a silly question? What did I miss? What does having a +0 on an item do in terms of adding to the game experience? Why do we need to know that an effect was generated for an item if it is not, in fact, going to have any effect? They're called effects for a reason. They should do something, or they should not be there. +0 does nothing so I don't want to see it.

Why is it silly to ask what the situation is regarding this type of loot and for confirmation of WAI vs Bug? For all I know its not been bug reported - but I'm happy to raise one, cos they're still dropping. I just need to know if it is or isn't.

Proper confused by your response. Not offended by it - the above isn't intended to be defensive, I'm just very confused!

Plus as far as I know the +0 is a lie, or at least a lie sometimes, because i've equipped items with a +0 effect and they've actually given a bonus to the skill mentioned after seeing someone else on the forums mention it.

RapkintheRanger
01-13-2016, 07:37 PM
I hadn't updated the Known Issues list yet. It's now done.

"A certain object in The Shroud no longer has physics."

what on earth does this mean?

Kompera_Oberon
01-13-2016, 08:15 PM
My apologies for over-reacting to what seemed to me at first to be a smug "gotcha" by Steelstar on the new status of Master of Knowledge.

In addition, thanks to the devs for working in the fixes for a few long-standing bugs such as Blinding Fear and Deception. I was not expecting to see those in this patch, and it was a welcome surprise.

Kompera_Oberon
01-13-2016, 08:24 PM

Shoemaker said straight up that if it adds +0 than showing +0 is "proper." And by extension it is actually an incomplete list. Every item should show a few dozen pages of +0s for all the effects they do not actually modify. You know, just in case a player might be confused that their Ring of Strength +2 doesn't also add +5 to their Con and +4 to their Dex... Because Shoemaker thinks this is WAI.

It wasn't a silly question. You just got a silly answer. :D

LrdSlvrhnd
01-13-2016, 09:00 PM
"A certain object in The Shroud no longer has physics."

what on earth does this mean?

Rough translation: "An exploity thing that people were exploitily exploiting can no longer be exploited." Though now that it's fixed, I'm kind of dying to know what exactly it was lol

That is the most weasel-worded thing I have ever heard a Turbine representative say.

It directly contradicts the prior release notes on the ability itself which state:

So please open a bug for Master of Knowledge, it no longer grants stacks of Mental Honing in some situations.

Except the *current* release notes explicitly state:

Master of Knowledge's Mental Honing effect no longer applies if the character has Enlightened Spirit's Eldritch Aura active.

So how is saying "it changed in exactly the way stated" weasel-worded when you stated there was a bug that kept you from getting Mental Honing while the Eldritch Aura was active? It's working exactly as the release notes say it should be. That's not a bug. It may be (and probably is) annoying; it may be (and probably is) frustrating, and it may even be a bad fix for some problem (which I don't know what the problem/effect was, although I'd venture to guess that the aura itself was proccing the effect and thus making it *way* to easy to build/maintain stacks). But it's not a bug. And saying "No, this change is intended and the release notes clearly say that" isn't weasel-worded.

Kompera_Oberon
01-13-2016, 11:24 PM
Except the *current* release notes explicitly state:
[snippage]
It's working exactly as the release notes say it should be. That's not a bug.

Meh, you're right. I retract it, and will edit my post accordingly.