PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer spell list for epics?

skorpeon
01-04-2016, 01:44 AM
I have been leveling my first caster, and now I want to take him into epics. But I am unsure what spells are the best to take into Epics. I don't think I will be ready for Legendary, but who knows?

I am not well geared as yet either, but main thing I would like to know is what spells to use. I have 4 levels of FVS for the help on crits for MM etc. So likely to run harder stuff in Shiradi, so I have MM, and of course the SLA's as my main DPS.

What other spells should I have in my list? I have tried to stay away from DC casting due to lack of gear and knowledge, as this life is to learn the ropes of arcane casting.

I added a few useful ones to get out of tight spots like shadow walk, DD and other buffs some from FVS bless, magic circle etc....

Enguebert
01-05-2016, 02:51 AM
I have been leveling my first caster, and now I want to take him into epics. But I am unsure what spells are the best to take into Epics. I don't think I will be ready for Legendary, but who knows?

I am not well geared as yet either, but main thing I would like to know is what spells to use. I have 4 levels of FVS for the help on crits for MM etc. So likely to run harder stuff in Shiradi, so I have MM, and of course the SLA's as my main DPS.

What other spells should I have in my list? I have tried to stay away from DC casting due to lack of gear and knowledge, as this life is to learn the ropes of arcane casting.

I added a few useful ones to get out of tight spots like shadow walk, DD and other buffs some from FVS bless, magic circle etc....

Well, even on epics, SLA with maximize and empower ON are usually the best damage spells.

If you use MM, you can also look at Chain missile
As sorcerer, you have one main element. You MUST have spells of another element when you face foes that are immune to your element.

If you run on Shiradi, look at areas spells or spell that hit multiple times. A low level spell like sonic blast could be useful just for the procs

Eth
01-05-2016, 04:58 AM
If you play in shiradi with no focus on DCs...

CC: Solid Fog + Ice Storm. The slow effects stack. Works on pretty much everything that tries to engage you in melee combat. Learn to kite around that zone while nuking. No DCs needed.

AoE DPS: Chain missile. This should be the spell you cast every second cast (2 seconds cooldown) as long as you fight more than 1 mob.
Cycle in any other AoE spell that fits the situation (Delayed Blast Fireball, Acid Blast, Hellball, Chain Lightning, Ball Lightning)

Single Target DPS: Magic Missile, Scorching Ray (cycling these two is a full cycle on a sorc); for fire immune stuff cycle in force missile and lightning bolt instead; for more general DPS add in DoTs (Eladar's + Niac's) to your cycle

Buffs: Shield, Protection from Evil, Jump, Displacement; optional: Rage, Fire Shield

Utility:
Enervation (does ridiculous damage on orange names due to the way neg levels work)
Otto's Irresistable Dance, Power Word: Stun (both are excellent no DC single target CC spells)
Prismatic Spray (best spell to cast when your unsure what to do against some mobs)

Feralthyrtiaq
01-05-2016, 06:48 AM

CC: Solid Fog + Ice Storm. The slow effects stack. Works on pretty much everything that tries to engage you in melee combat. Learn to kite around that zone while nuking. No DCs needed.

AoE DPS: Chain missile. This should be the spell you cast every second cast (2 seconds cooldown) as long as you fight more than 1 mob.
Cycle in any other AoE spell that fits the situation (Delayed Blast Fireball, Acid Blast, Hellball, Chain Lightning, Ball Lightning)

Single Target DPS: Magic Missile, Scorching Ray (cycling these two is a full cycle on a sorc); for fire immune stuff cycle in force missile and lightning bolt instead; for more general DPS add in DoTs (Eladar's + Niac's) to your cycle

Buffs: Shield, Protection from Evil, Jump, Displacement; optional: Rage, Fire Shield

Utility:
Enervation (does ridiculous damage on orange names due to the way neg levels work)
Otto's Irresistable Dance, Power Word: Stun (both are excellent no DC single target CC spells)
Prismatic Spray (best spell to cast when your unsure what to do against some mobs)

Nice!

skorpeon
01-05-2016, 10:57 AM

Utility:

OK thats great, I made a few good choices and now have a much better idea. Now I can use my dragons blood and do a bit better in the quests. I was surprised how well some of the proc's worked but when I got cornered I was in big trouble. I think I need to search for some more HP boosts.

Lorianus
01-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Powerword Stun is quite useful to me in new epic when I can overcome SR.

AtomicMew
01-06-2016, 01:45 PM

Lightning bolt without spec is pretty junk and it's casting time feels slower than MM/FM. You're better off just waiting for MM to recharge, it's a small fraction of a second anyway.

Eth
01-06-2016, 03:28 PM
Lightning bolt without spec is pretty junk and it's casting time feels slower than MM/FM. You're better off just waiting for MM to recharge, it's a small fraction of a second anyway.

I use lightning bolt somewhat on my build that can't fit in FM. It's not super good, since the save against reflex on it certainly hurts the potential. But hey, it can double proc and passes through multiple enemies.
FM is 0.25 seconds to long on cooldown to make a perfect cycle with MM, but your right that it's probably more DPS to just wait that out.
Another thing would be using the active wizard past life which is the most powerful MM anyway (but limited with 10 charges per rest ofc).

Wizza
01-06-2016, 03:43 PM

Lightning bolt feels useless even with spec lately with 20k HP trash mobs.

Basura_Grande
01-06-2016, 03:48 PM

I was thinking about how screwed nuking casters have to be right now. Wizards can still insta-kill, for melee a 20k Trash mob is about right, but nunkers? LOLz, good luck!

AtomicMew
01-06-2016, 05:53 PM

Even with master of air? That's disappointing.

AtomicMew
01-06-2016, 05:54 PM
I use lightning bolt somewhat on my build that can't fit in FM.

Frost lance?

Wizza
01-07-2016, 02:53 AM
Even with master of air? That's disappointing.

Even with Master of Air, Scion of Fire and 4.3k SP. Mobs have simply too much HP. Many of them save a 76 DC fairly often as well, not talking about those special mobs like Slingers that save 100% of the time.

Im spamming Ruin and Greater Ruins in both quests and Hard Raids to feel useful. Master of Air had grear potential, such a waste.

Sunnie
01-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Frost lance?
I thought Force Missiles... But Frost Lance is also nice on a Shiradi with it's 3 hits.