PDA

View Full Version : Condense airship buff icons

Syklone107
12-22-2015, 10:26 PM
Minor suggestion: add an option to condense all 20 or 30 of the guild airship buff icons into one or two icons ("Airship Buffs"). The vast majority of players don't really care what each individual buff does (or even what the buffs exactly do as a whole!), so there isn't really a need to clutter the top of the screen with dozens of these icons. Often I get them confused with buffs from spells or effects cast during quests.

Again, this is a pretty minor thing, but it doesn't seem hard to implement at all, and would de-crowd the screen by a sizable amount. :)

Daliena
12-24-2015, 10:32 AM
I'd love to see this happen, and also when inspecting other players. I really don't want to sort through a gazillion airship buffs to figure out if one of my party members caught a debuff I need to dispel, or whether or not the resident pale master is in undead form right now when he asks for a heal on voice chat so I know whether he's being nice and letting me use the Cure Wounds spells my cleric has a plethora of or if I need to try and rugby tackle him to get him to hold still long enough to land the touch-range inflict spells.

Grandern_Marn
12-24-2015, 10:46 AM
Minor suggestion: add an option to condense all 20 or 30 of the guild airship buff icons into one or two icons ("Airship Buffs"). The vast majority of players don't really care what each individual buff does (or even what the buffs exactly do as a whole!), so there isn't really a need to clutter the top of the screen with dozens of these icons. Often I get them confused with buffs from spells or effects cast during quests.

Again, this is a pretty minor thing, but it doesn't seem hard to implement at all, and would de-crowd the screen by a sizable amount. :)

I don't mind the buffs coming across the top of the screen, kind of a good feeling to refresh the buffs (at least the main) ones all at once.

I get what you're saying but if screen clutter reduction is a priority, DDO has a lot of fundamental structural work that would need to be done to reduce clutter. One thing about DDO that I appreciate over other online games is that it does attempt to break down a good amount of game related rolls for the players. This is an echo of the game that DDO is originally based on - D&D - where most players are aware of all buff, damage and save rolls taking place during the game. Having the game attempt to breakdown the complex areas is appreciated by a good number of players I feel and particularly the most dedicated core of players who cut their teeth playing table top.

A good suggestion, I would see this as unnecessary though. Maybe there are other opinions out there.

SableShadow
12-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Minor suggestion: add an option to condense all 20 or 30 of the guild airship buff icons into one or two icons ("Airship Buffs").

Excellent suggestion.

CThruTheEgo
12-24-2015, 01:16 PM
/signed... again...

cdbd3rd
12-24-2015, 01:40 PM
I'm on board with this suggestion.

Even better if could be implemented as a UI toggle option.

davmuzl
12-27-2015, 04:42 AM
Would be great to see this, so the buff bar is actually useful. That way it would be way easier to see the relevant effects during combat.
I also really like to be able to check that I have all active buffs I want running and all my gear put. For example I usually check my max hp to make sure rage is running on my barbarian. If the guild buffs weren't so many checking this kind of stuff would be a lot less complicated.