PDA

View Full Version : The Angel of Amaunator

Atremus
12-22-2015, 05:26 PM
The Angel of Amaunator (The AoA Build)

Build objectives: FvS Past Life, Morning Lord Past Life, Wings and Functional Implosion with as much Light spell power as possible to complement Divine Wrath, Sun Bolt and Avenging Light from Exalted Angel. Also included is ready access to blade barrier by starting at level 15 for heroic leveling on cruise control. No LR+1 or Alignment Change required to play this build.

Class Split: 18 FVS / 1 CLR / 1 WIZ
Level Order: L1: Clr, L2: Wiz, then FvS 3-20
Alignment: True Neutral
Race: Morning Lord / Sun Elf

Justifications on splash:

Cleric = cheap +20 Light Spell Power in Divine Disciple and Access to Heavy Armor without burning a feat
Wizard = Bonus Metamagic Feat, access to Jump and Sonic Blast spells for your box breaking / questing needs
SunElf grants +30 Light Spell Power, +3 Spell Pen and some arcane spell failure reduction to counter act Heavy Armor ASF and scrolls
You will be 1 point of spell pen ahead of Human (if you use your bonus feat on spell pen), but 1 skill point/level behind human

Recommended Past Lives: Wizard x3, FvS x3, and Sorc x3 but you can make due without. Your DC's for Implosion and Spell Pen suffer according to the missing past lives. I am short 1 FvS life from this list.

Starting Stats:

STR 08
DEX 08
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 18 (all level ups into WIS)
CHA 14

Current Evocation DC [without Slavers Set bonus]:
Evo DC: 79-81 depending on draconic DC twist (+2 EVO)
Necro DC: 70

Skills:
[you get 2 per level multiplied by your base INT score, skills are very tight on this build]

Max Heal
Max Spellcraft
Balance (about 10 ranks if you can afford, if not use a split between Balance and UMD)
UMD (stop at 4 or 5 ranks if you have CHA/UMD gear to compensate, aim for 44 total)
Jump (stop at 2 - you can self cast it with wiz level)
Tumble 1 rank
Search about 5 ranks so you can get most hidden doors
Spot - 1 rank
Leftovers can be sprinkled to taste - Diplo and Bluff used to be handy in Crucible and shedding agro for Shroud

Feats:
L1: Empower
L2: SF Evocation - Wizard Bonus Feat
L3: Maximize
L6: Completionist or Greater Evocation
L9: Quicken
L12: Heighten
L15: PL: Wizard or Spell Focus Necro
L18: Spell Pen
L21: Wellspring of Power
L24: Master of Light
L26: Spell Power Light (+20)
L27: Intensify Spell
L28: Guardian Angel
L29: Arcane Pulse (better than spirit blades)
L30: Scion of Celestia and Burst of Glacial Wrath
[I have dropped Ruin entirely]

Important Spells:
Level 1: Nightshield
Level 2: Resist Energy, Find Traps, Soundburst, Spawnscreen
Level 3: Searing Light, Magic Circle
Level 4: FoM, Divine Power
Level 5: Cure Light Wounds Mass, Divine Punishment, Slay Living
Level 6: Blade Barrier, Comet Fall, Heal
Level 7: Destruction, Resurrection, Protection from Elements
Level 8: Cure Crit Mass, Deathward
Level 9: Implosion

I just listed all of the spells I use on a regular basis with this build. Buffs, Implosion and destruction

Action Point spread:
http://file3.guildlaunch.net/479059/ScreenShot00012.jpg

17 Morninglord racial to unlock Light of the sun god for +30 Light Spell Power.
4 Divine disciple (Core 1 and Light Spell Power +15)
46 FvS Angel of Vengance (All available cores, All Tier5's maxed)
13 in FvS warpriest for Cores 1, 2 and 3 (boosting light power)

Current Gear Layout:

Head: Cannith Crafted: 15INT, +7 Insightful WIS, +3 Insightful EVO. +2 Insightful INT slotted
Helm: Legendary_Pansophic_Circlet (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Pansophic_Circlet) Draconic Soul Gem Slotted
Neck: Hypnotic Pendant (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Hypnotic_Pendant) Insightful CON +2 slotted
Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Litany_of_the_Dead) Globe of True Blood and +2 Festive INT slotted
Cloak: Legendary Earthen Mantle (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Earthen_Mantle) Greater Evo slotted
Belt: Slavers Crafted +17CON, +4 CON, +14 Resistance, +6 Spell DCs, ASF Reduction Slotted
Ring1: Legendary Spinneret (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Spinneret) Vitality Slotted
Ring2: Cannith Crafted: 23 Radiance Lore, False Life, +5 Insightful Spell Saves, Greater Necro Slotted
Gloves: LGS Spell Point Item [spellcraft skills]
Boots: Legendary Boots of the Devil Commander (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Boots_of_the_Devil_Commander) STR slotted
Wrists: Slavers: 17 WIS, 185 Radiance, 22 Spellcraft, +2 Festive WIS slotted
Armor: Platemail of the Celestial_Sage (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Platemail_of_the_Celestial_Sage) or Leathers of the Celestial Sage (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Leathers_of_the_Celestial_Sage) Good Luck +2 slotted in both

Destiny: Exalted Angel

Important things in EA:
Light Spell Power
Soundburst
Rebuke Foe
Divine Wrath
Reborn in Light or Sun Bolt

[B]Twists:

DC Variation:

T4: Sense Weakness
T2: EVO DC from Magister
T2: EVO DC from Draconic
T1: Interrogation
T1: +1CON (I have odd CON) [extra slot at Level 30]

Nuking Variation:

T4: Sense Weakness
T3: Empyrean Magic
T2: EVO DC from Magister
T1: Interrogation
Empty: ---- [Extra slot]

Gear Sets:

1) TF Devotion / LGS Magma [not fully built yet
2) LGS Magma / Dethek Runestone (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Dethek_Runestone)

Basic play for Epics: Soundburst (spell pen check) or BoGW, Divine Wrath, clean up with Avenging Light and Sun bolt. Implosion and Destruction sprinkled in to taste.

Static Light Spell Power Calculation:

46 AoV
15 Warpriest
20 Divine Disciple
30 Sun Elf - Power of the Sun God
30 Sun Elf past life
185 Slavers Crafted
36 Implement Bonus [TF Devotion Dagger]
65 Insightful Potency (Legendary Pansophic)
32 Quality Potency (Leathers of the Celestial Sage)
30 Radiant Power (EA Destiny)
60 Epic Universal Spell Power
20 ED Feat @ L26
05 Interrogation (Twisted)
20 Legendary Light Power (Celestial Feat)
20 Legendary USP (Celestial Feat)
106 Spell Craft (includes: INT mod, 23 ranks, full LGS item, +20 item)
04 GH (morale) bonus
01 Spider Mask

725 Standing Spell Power

30 Spell Power Boost
20 Greater Brilliance Pot
12 Greater Efficacy Pot
150 Wellspring of Power
30 Scourge
24 Meridian Fragment
10 Blood and Radiance (EA Destiny)
10 Festive (Candy Apple or Store: Not sure if store stacks yet)
20 Empyrean Magic
25 Comm of Valor Pot (net increase of 13 over Efficacy Pot)

1,044 For Boss Fights or getting the daylights kicked out of your character with trash mobs

75 Empower Feat (Meta magic feats don't display on the character sheet info display)
150 Maximize
75 Intensify
100 Reborn in Light (optional)

1344 (1429 w/ Reborn) Actual Light Power.

Edit: Here's a screen shot of my Light Spell power after Slavers Part 2. Don't mind the odd WIS score - I didn't have my LGS weapon equipped.
http://file3.guildlaunch.net/479059/ScreenShot00023.jpg

Atremus
12-22-2015, 05:27 PM
A Pure FvS variation of this build:

Trade off's:

Give up Heavy Armor Prof for Medium
Lose the Wiz Bonus Feat
Lose CLR and cheap access to 20 Light Spell Power
Gain access to 0SP Sunbolt with a long cool down
Gain access to Sunburst on Sun Elf Racial with the extra AP

Starting Stats:
STR 08
DEX 08
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 18 (all level ups into WIS)
CHA 14

If you are on your First Life drop both INT and CHA to 12
If you are on TR1 drop only CHA to 12
Keeping your INT score high is critical to spell craft (and thus spell power for light and all secondary elements)
Tomes are recommended to get the most out of your DC's and Spellcraft but not required.

Skills: [you get 2 per level multiplied by your base INT score, skills are very tight]
Max Heal
Max Spellcraft
Balance (about 10 ranks if you can afford, it not split between this and UMD)
UMD (stop at 5 ranks if you have CHA/UMD gear to compensate)
Jump (stop at 5 - you can self cast it with wiz level)
Tumble 1 rank
Rest can be sprinkled to taste - Diplo and Bluff used to be handy in Crucible

Feats (in Order):
L1: Empower
L3: Maximize
L6: Completionist or SF Evocation
L9: Quicken
L12: Heighten
L15: PL: Wizard or Necro
L18: Spell Pen
L21: Wellspring of Power
L24: Master of Light
L26: Spell Power Light (+20)
L27: Intensify Spell
L28: Mass Frog or Guardian Angel
L29: Spirit Blades
L30: Scion of Celestia and Burst of Glacial Wrath

This is a similar build and playstyle, but with less PRR, lower spell point pool, less light spell power and costs a LR+1. The trade offs for pure just don't match up for a few extra spell slots.

Kadrios
12-22-2015, 08:49 PM
Thanks for posting this, its good to see what some of my non-class specific options are for boosting light spellpower

unbongwah
12-23-2015, 08:24 AM
No Emp Heal? I doubt you need it, but I'm sure you can spare a feat to take it. It's a free boost to MCMW SLA in EA, as well as Rejuv Cocoon or Renewal if you ever Twist them.

Does Spell Pen help? Or rather, is the +5 from Spell Pen feat + Piercing Spellcraft actually enough of a bonus to matter?

Atremus
12-25-2015, 11:56 AM
No Emp Heal? I doubt you need it, but I'm sure you can spare a feat to take it. It's a free boost to MCMW SLA in EA, as well as Rejuv Cocoon or Renewal if you ever Twist them.

Emp Heal is a great feat, but there just isn't room to take it. With 150 Devotion slotted somewhere or as part of your equipment layout, you should have no issues topping off most HP pools for melee. This build is really about DPS first, healing second. My philosophy for questing and raiding is: "Take off [Wings] and nuke it from orbit [Divine Wrath] just to be sure."

I never have Cocoon or Renewal twisted. I switch off between Empyrean Magic and Piercing Spellcraft. Instead I rely on my SP pool and Heal to top off. A playstyle difference is all.

Does Spell Pen help? Or rather, is the +5 from Spell Pen feat + Piercing Spellcraft actually enough of a bonus to matter?

On LE (U29 - Meridia stuff) not yet. With aura of menace running I am around 51/52 spell pen, about 8/9 short of where I would have no-fail. I am still trying to figure out how to get my spell pen up while maintaining my 700+ light spell power. There in lies the trade off to my build. I've considered basing the build on Human and using the extra feat for another Spell Pen feat, but I lose +3 Spell Pen from MorningLord. so the net change is only +1 but a loss of 30 light spell power.

We will just call my spell pen a work in progress.

Before U29, I ran with Enlarge. Destruction+Enlarge on Beholders is a great way to stay out of antimagic. It's also great for the Mass Cure SLA in Raids.

Atremus
10-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Wisdom break down: 76WIS w/o supreme pot [+1 DC naturally]:

18 base
7 levels ups
7 tome
17 item
7 Insightful (cannith)
2 AoV AP
1 DD AP
2 Ship
2 Festive
2 Exceptional (LGS)
4 Quality (earthen mantle)
2 elitany
2 completionist
3 Exalted Angel Destiny (6AP cost)

Standing WIS = 76
Supreme Pot = 78
Amrath Pot = 80

Theory Crafting Evo DC:

81 current
+2 Potted WIS (short term)
+1 from Artifact Bonus to WIS [Set Bonus]
+4 Artifact Spell mastery [Set Bonus]

------
88 Evo /77 Necro

Now I just have to run the quest 100 times or so.

Serim
10-11-2016, 06:51 AM
Q1: What did you craft into your TF weapon?
Q2: What's in your off-hand?

I'm going for the same race/class setup, but taking the 3 Mental Toughness feats for extra mana. I'm also ignoring the Warpriest tree to get the Sunburst SLA from Morninglord. Fingers crossed that the (hopefully-soon-to-be) FvS enhancement pass will give our builds something that's useful in epic content...

Atremus
10-12-2016, 06:47 PM
My Weapon Sets:

I'm lazy and just use the Lantern ring for my radiance these days. It's 6 power short of TF and I can't be bothered to level up / attempt Cannith Crafting.

Gear Set 1: LGS Stat Stick 15Wis / 7CHA / 2 WIS [freezing ICE - made before learning it doesn't grant helpless] / 150 Devotion, 6 Evocation, Eternal Scorching Light
Gear Set 2: LGS Stat Stick / 150 Devo, 6 Necro [blank 3rd tier]

I carry the shield from Fire on Thunder Peak for turtle time and the tower shield out of DOJ when I run Mark of Encasement.

I don't (or haven't) carried orbs. Until Slavers stuff, I haven't considered a Quaterstaff. With Slavers I hope to move all my stats to equipment to free up my weapon slots for maybe an orb or quarter staff or something super awesome in the upcoming FvS changes.

I still use the same playstyle. Soundburst a grouping of XP (mobs) then Drop Divine Wrath. For non-stunnable stuff like Undead, I really enjoy Implosion. If I can't nuke it than I'll DC cast.

At level 30 I run around 1100 hp and 5500SP. It seems like a lot but with only 130ish PRR my HP goes quickly on Elite and the SP is needed because of inflated reflex saves which nullifies all my spell power.

Wonedream
12-17-2016, 03:02 AM
I am planning something like this for my Angel FVS build too, gonna use Sun Elf, by a TR+1 Tome, get rid of that cleric level, and get Capstone unlimited sun beam attacks for free along with other EE goodies... oh, and the herioc stuff too! She will never stop using Sun Beam... NEVER!!!! Because... it is FREE!!! :D :P :D

Tlorrd
12-24-2016, 08:34 PM
I am planning something like this for my Angel FVS build too, gonna use Sun Elf, by a TR+1 Tome, get rid of that cleric level, and get Capstone unlimited sun beam attacks for free along with other EE goodies... oh, and the herioc stuff too! She will never stop using Sun Beam... NEVER!!!! Because... it is FREE!!! :D :P :D

Actually they get Sun bolt ... not sun beam for free.