PDA

View Full Version : Important Item Notice: Riposte and Tendon Slice

Cordovan
12-21-2015, 12:45 PM
The Riposte item benefit is causing game performance issues by stacking upon itself too often. This does not provide a stacking benefit, but instead is causing in-game "lag" and game client performance issues. Please do not equip an item with Riposte for now, while we work quickly to correct this issue.

Tendon Slice is also causing a problem, particularly in PvP. Getting hit with Tendon Slice in PvP is causing a character to get a "permanent" Tendon Slice damage effect until they die. We are working to resolve this with a hotfix tentatively planned for Tuesday as well.

Systern
12-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Does this apply to all loot or just new random drops? (I don't seem to be having a problem with my cove Epic Swashbucklers, for example)

TitoFireknife
12-21-2015, 12:56 PM
come on and fix this Loot BS and get the LAAAG away...its annoying!

Qezuzu
12-21-2015, 12:57 PM
The Riposte item benefit is causing game performance issues by stacking upon itself too often. This does not provide a stacking benefit, but instead is causing in-game "lag" and game client performance issues.

Not only does it cause performance issues, it has broken the one character I play. I can't get into the game world, I just get hit with an infinite loading screen, it seems to be stuck in some state where it can't be loaded. Bank toons load fine. This occurred when I was unequipping Epic Ethereal Bracers and then lost connection.

Just a warning to other players that this can occur. Also a plea for help, seeing as I have a limited number of days with no school/job and the ticket I submitted may take days to get a response (and I fear a fix to this bug will not fix my character)...

slarden
12-21-2015, 12:57 PM
The Riposte item benefit is causing game performance issues by stacking upon itself too often. This does not provide a stacking benefit, but instead is causing in-game "lag" and game client performance issues. Please do not equip an item with Riposte for now, while we work quickly to correct this issue.

Does this apply to new items only or also old items?

RistoffDervish
12-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Does this apply to all loot or just new random drops? (I don't seem to be having a problem with my cove Epic Swashbucklers, for example)

Not all loot and not all players but it has been reported that the issue is sometimes fine until the player swaps out the loot causing the lag.

ArekDorun
12-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Does this also apply to "Parrying" items as well as "Riposte"?

--ArekDorun

Cordovan
12-21-2015, 01:09 PM
This applies to any item with Riposte on it. We are working on a hotfix to correct this issue.

Qezuzu
12-21-2015, 01:12 PM
This applies to any item with Riposte on it. We are working on a hotfix to correct this issue.

It applies to all insightful save bonuses. Things like Epic Minos Legens which only has insightful fortitude save also trigger it.

armagedan
12-21-2015, 01:30 PM

this lag also occurs when u activate the exalted angel epic forms

Atremus
12-21-2015, 01:37 PM
Insightful stats causing the recalculating of skills/saves?

Hawklynn
12-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Not only does it cause performance issues, it has broken the one character I play. I can't get into the game world, I just get hit with an infinite loading screen, it seems to be stuck in some state where it can't be loaded. Bank toons load fine. This occurred when I was unequipping Epic Ethereal Bracers and then lost connection.

Just a warning to other players that this can occur. Also a plea for help, seeing as I have a limited number of days with no school/job and the ticket I submitted may take days to get a response (and I fear a fix to this bug will not fix my character)...

Phew! Thought I was the only one. I also have the Loading Screen staying forever. My "Breastplate of the Celestial Sage" with riposte/parrying is hopefully the culprit, as I also cannot log in with my character to unequip this armor. Wonder if there is a side-tool to remove my armor when not in game.

BigErkyKid
12-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Same, cannot login because I have some insight equipped. Given the prevalence of those items I guess this is going to hit a lot of people. Hope they fix it soon!

EDIT - Let the screen be an eventually it logs in.

Jandric
12-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Same, cannot login because I have some insight equipped. Given the prevalence of those items I guess this is going to hit a lot of people. Hope they fix it soon!

EDIT - Let the screen be an eventually it logs in.

This must be the culprit of my login issues. If waiting doesn't work, I've alternately found that rebooting sometimes works, as well as logging into a different game world, exiting, relaunching your client, and logging into your character again.

kwyjibo_lol
12-21-2015, 02:45 PM

Interesting, I was wearing my Epic Ethereal Braces yesterday for the few hours I players and had no problem. I've got a combined 60+ epic/heroic lives as well.

serthcore
12-21-2015, 02:49 PM
Tendon Slice is also causing a problem, particularly in PvP. Getting hit with Tendon Slice in PvP is causing a character to get a "permanent" Tendon Slice damage effect until they die. We are working to resolve this with a hotfix tentatively planned for Tuesday as well.

Dying doesn't seem to fix it

Qezuzu
12-21-2015, 03:17 PM
Interesting, I was wearing my Epic Ethereal Braces yesterday for the few hours I players and had no problem. I've got a combined 60+ epic/heroic lives as well.

It only seems to occur when an item is unequipped.

shawnvw
12-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Not all loot and not all players but it has been reported that the issue is sometimes fine until the player swaps out the loot causing the lag.

That would go along with what was said about recalculating the passive Insight bonuses. Taking it off or putting it on would both recalculate.

My advice would be:
- If your character is not currently wearing riposte: don't put it on until the hotfix.
- If your character is currently wearing riposte, and you don't need to play him today, just don't log in until after the hotfix.
- If your character is currently wearing riposte, and you do need to log in today, imagine his Riposte item was hit with a curse of Fragility. Don't take it off if you don't have to, and don't get into any fights. Hang out in public areas do your banking, selling, paperwork, etc.

Nubicus
12-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Is this bug in anyway related to or exacerbated by the Primal Avatar Tree Form lag?

Powerhungry
12-21-2015, 03:45 PM
This would explain my lag issues swapping weapons (5-10 seconds before the weapon appears).

Jiirix
12-21-2015, 03:58 PM

Parrying items like the very common "Bracers of the Sun Soul" trigger this problem too and filled the combat log with sides of non stacking messages before I turned it off.

Bugged it and I would look for other items ... BUT: I will be happy to test on Lamannia but not on the live servers. I hope you understand.

Sunnsett
12-21-2015, 04:29 PM
...and that's what happens when you mess with items.... :)
Seriously, why not give items names like "+2 jumping boots of speed III" for boots with jump +2 and speed III, as an example?

Nhennan
12-21-2015, 04:33 PM
Wearing Epic Ethereal Bracers, and yes, uncharacteristically slow to log in about an hour ago (Orien).

Also, 12 hours ago, the rogue in my group could freeze the whole party in LE Creeping Death and To Curse the Sky when (un)equipping for trapping. I assume that he has riposte somewhere. Things were mostly okay when gear remained stable.

Paladin could also lock up group with lag through switching weapons. For some reason this wasn't an issue with my toon.

Merlocke
12-21-2015, 04:34 PM
This does not provide a stacking benefit, but instead is causing in-game "lag" and game client performance issues.

http://media.makeameme.org/created/lag-ofrqck.jpg

Sorry Cordovan is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

Hawklynn
12-21-2015, 05:04 PM
Is there a method to run the DDOclient with a Safe Mode (Like Windows), such that it's limited to only view the character and not perform any quests .. but allow me to remove my two pieces of equipment which have Parrying/Riposte on them?

Unless I get lucky with a login on my main who is wearing the items (my alts are happy though for getting some attention), I presume I'll have to wait for hotfix.

Qezuzu
12-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Is there a method to run the DDOclient with a Safe Mode (Like Windows)

Nope

I presume I'll have to wait for hotfix.

Yup.

I assume hotfix tomorrow.

Merfyn
12-21-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure it's related, but my client still crashes frequently at the character selection - doesn't seem to matter which toon I've been playing.

Release notes said it was resolved?

Clemeit
12-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Un-equip your Epic/Mythic Emerald Gaze as well.
It doesn't have Riposte, but it does have effects that modify saves and grant tendon slice.

After swapping it out with a junk loot helmet, my login issues have (almost) completely gone away. I still get permanently stuck with the "Getting in line to connect" about 90% of login attempts, but other than that, and the insane lag the raids seem to cause, I can still kinda play.

Now I'm just stuck with a junk helmet until this is fixed :/

Habreno
12-21-2015, 08:25 PM
this lag also occurs when u activate the exalted angel epic forms

Is this bug in anyway related to or exacerbated by the Primal Avatar Tree Form lag?

As someone whose main is a wolf-form druid, I must say that it's not only these forms that cause lag. Transforming to and from wolf and bear form also causes the issue; I believe the issue affects all humanoid to non-humanoid transformations.

The lag is several seconds and affects everyone in the party of the player. As it happens both on transforming to and from a stance, it can happen when the player dies, usually causing significant issues if not several other party member deaths.

RapkintheRanger
12-21-2015, 08:51 PM

That is exactly how it should be. Tendons do not heal well. Just ask Achilles.

SableShadow
12-21-2015, 09:08 PM

Have y'all not yet considered the possibility that wandering blades might be part of the lag issue?
What's common to raids with the reputation of having lots of lag? For, like, years?

hunzi2010
12-22-2015, 01:01 AM
I think I have found the answer
Its Jeets...... He has caused this lag.... the jeets effect.....

"Can You Move????"

hahahaha

jaedom
12-22-2015, 01:08 AM
It only seems to occur when an item is unequipped.

The disjunction in ADQ1 is also causing this we spent 10 mins stuck till we died and then just didnt rez the person getting hit. You could see him get hit and then it would just freeze up. Soon as he was dead it unfroze and we finished and rezzed him up.

Brutuscass
12-22-2015, 01:08 AM
Have you guys ever considered it might be nice if those already logged into the could be informed of such issues, rather than waiting to find out after they get their char back up to lvl 28 and gear them up with all the sets from update 28, only to have thye strangest color show I have ever seen go off around my toons feet while everything else is totally frozen! the only option left open to me at that point was to shut down my client and then reboot my PC, it was only on opening the loggin screen that this information was made available to me. I was then unable to get back in on that toon for a couple of hours and then only after waiting 30 mins on logging in.

This could all have been avoided if a red text the type used to inform of server shut down had been used, a form of in game notice system could also have reduced to amount of complaints over short notice of the last update, in that not everyone is constantly checking other sites such as FB, which often aren't even always up to date anyway. having this information only on loggin in is really just poor communication in the 21st and the age of the internet :)

Most players understand that things go wrong and that can't be helped, but DDO/Turbine Seriously needs to work on improving communication skills and techniques.

I hope that my message here has not offended you Cordovan, I always say what I see

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored

Lycaenifer
12-22-2015, 05:50 AM
Getting hit with Tendon Slice in PvP is causing a character to get a "permanent" Tendon Slice damage effect until they die. We are working to resolve this with a hotfix tentatively planned for Tuesday as well.

Not removed by death.
Not removed by PvP death, mob death, fall damage death, or trap death. Persists through logout, char switch, and even game exit.
Even tried to break it by Alt-F4ing while dying a few times. Nope, still there.

Tom.JonesJr
12-22-2015, 09:48 AM
I hate to trow a kink in this bug, but I have been running with my Lvl 12 Spare Hands for over a week with no lag issues other then a few time in public areas. I am a shuriken thrower so I do not get hit much, but do get hit on occation.

mraz
12-22-2015, 11:13 AM
i dont know if this is related somehow but after last update druids shapeshifting takes like forever. very laggy transformation... and i dont have any riposte, parrying items equiped... i dont switch to human form very often but when i have to use a teleport scroll it takes about a minute to switch, use a scroll, switch back to wolf form again. :/

ArtyWarrior
12-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that this is the end of the road for DDO?
I wouldn't be surprised if Turbine calls it quits on this game as it is causing too many problems to keep up with new product and game enhancements.
It's been a good run, maybe it is time for everyone to move on to another game.

Nubicus
12-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Any word on a possible patch or hot fix?

DarkSable
12-22-2015, 12:35 PM

It's not just one Tendon Slice effect. It's multiple, which causes the effects log to be spammed with 'not stacking tendon slice penalty' notices.

It persists through death. Also through relogging, resting, and reapplying ship buffs.

The only thing that works is performing a LR or TR.

Vellrad
12-22-2015, 12:39 PM

You even can't get reason it happens right.
Riposte does lag, but the reason is not riposte effect, its insightful saves bonus, which is found on riposte AND other items.

Lonnbeimnech
12-22-2015, 01:31 PM
I haven't noticed any lag issues with my druid.

Elsbet
12-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Have y'all not yet considered the possibility that wandering blades might be part of the lag issue?
What's common to raids with the reputation of having lots of lag? For, like, years?

Shhh! Knock off that logic stuff!

Powskier
01-21-2016, 08:06 AM

Well!..there goes all the Myths about stacking powers and lag ,being connected..and this is happening on their supped up test compters...I think all the temporary stack stuff is a problem...and

Item swappin in Battle ! should not be Possible! just from a role playin perspective;,...and it causes lag of some sort ,as well.