PDA

View Full Version : Info to help diagnose the "only one digit of damage" bug

Xoham
12-19-2015, 09:46 PM
I think all users of the Mac client would be aware that when damage is inflicted, only the most significant digit shows. The two "workarounds" are to look at the combat log (effectively makes chat impossible), or to switch to n+n+...+n display (which makes it very difficult to tell what damage types monsters are absorbing/immune/resistant/vulnerable to). I also like looking at the damage type icons.

However, this bug only appears to affect damage done (negative numbers), and not healing (positive numbers) - even when the healing is from a different damage type to "positive energy".

Thus, the purpose of this post is twofold: to once again bump the issue (for me, this Mac client bug is third behind only the dreaded walls/floors stop rendering bug, and the random crashes bug suite); and to hope that the +/- difference observation helps the developers diagnose this problem.

Pnumbra
01-19-2016, 11:16 AM
I think all users of the Mac client would be aware that when damage is inflicted, only the most significant digit shows. The two "workarounds" are to look at the combat log (effectively makes chat impossible), or to switch to n+n+...+n display (which makes it very difficult to tell what damage types monsters are absorbing/immune/resistant/vulnerable to). I also like looking at the damage type icons.

However, this bug only appears to affect damage done (negative numbers), and not healing (positive numbers) - even when the healing is from a different damage type to "positive energy".

Thus, the purpose of this post is twofold: to once again bump the issue (for me, this Mac client bug is third behind only the dreaded walls/floors stop rendering bug, and the random crashes bug suite); and to hope that the +/- difference observation helps the developers diagnose this problem.

We MAC users "see no rescue on the horizon".

stoopid_cowboy
01-19-2016, 11:33 AM
That is your punishment for using a Mac :)

PpalP
01-19-2016, 11:43 AM
yes please, use some love for the mac client!

I'll preffer a fix for the wall bug than the damage icons but all helps! : )

Pnumbra
01-19-2016, 12:59 PM
That is your punishment for using a Mac :)

How long must we suffer under such persecution :eek:

Loromir
01-19-2016, 01:07 PM
How long must we suffer under such persecution :eek:

As soon as Apple decides to play nice with the rest of the world.

Avocado
03-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Or when Turbine gets another mac programmmer, which probably wont happen.

ccd1977
06-28-2016, 07:31 AM
Or when Turbine gets another mac programmmer, which probably wont happen.I began noticing the wall issue and the damage is ridiculous. I have yet to see a 2 digit number. I did notice that if I make the draw distance to medium my wall issue went away but that sucks not seeing things far away..