PDA

View Full Version : Arti and "improved" Wands

Arkai
12-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Hi, guys, I want to throw a question to the artificer community.

I'm about to hit lvl 5 with an artificer with 3 wizard past lives, and I was thinking of the viability of using PK and Web wands in my way towards lvl 20. Didn't check it yet, tho.

So, the question is... if there is an artificer pass, do you think that wands/clickies should be improved in our trees just like the way mechanic's "IMPROVED TRAPS" actually is?

A small reminder of this AP: Improved Traps: +1/+2/+3 to the save DC's of Alchemical Trap Attacks and Magical Traps. Elemental Traps that you place now have a DC equal to 65%/80%/100% of your Disable Device Skill instead of 50%.

Do you think this would be unbalanced on this class or not? (applying to wands/clickies).

Thanks for reading and let's discuss (:

Feralthyrtiaq
12-17-2015, 10:46 AM
but given the variety of the wands that are out there I would expect to see this as a capstone or at least 5th core.

Your choices as a rogue for magical traps are useful but not great even with the super high DCs we can achieve. Situational but work great in those situations.

This ability with wands + retain charge would rock but Disable DCs are wayyyy ahead of any DC caster...