PDA

View Full Version : Update 29 Part 4

KookieKobold
12-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Lamannia is currently being updated!

This round features more stat adjustments to the Legendary raids as well as more

This build will remain online throughout the weekend with some minor modifications:

1. The Guide will be unavailable
2. Astral shards are not available in the store

Feel free to check out the difficulty of the raids and quests and leave us feedback on them!

Steve_Howe
12-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Release Notes?

Seljuck
12-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Will LGS be accessible this time ?

KookieKobold
12-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Release Notes?

These will be updated once they're ready. For the most part it is just a bit more work on LGS and the raid/quest stats.

Will LGS be accessible this time ?

Yes!

Grailhawk
12-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Are LGS bonus effects in this build?

KookieKobold
12-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Are LGS bonus effects in this build?

Some of them may be showing up, but they are still under construction.

Steve_Howe
12-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Have the augment slotting issues been addressed?

Vargouille
12-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Have the augment slotting issues been addressed?
I've personally logged on and slotted a Green Steel Equipment augment today (which I could not do yesterday). Have at it!

Steve_Howe
12-11-2015, 04:35 PM
So a LOT has been fixed, actually.

Let's hope the Release Notes reflect that!

kain741
12-11-2015, 04:50 PM
It looks like the Robe of Celestial Sage is back to deathblock IX instead of just the deathblock as originally pitched. Is this going to stay this way? I also thought I saw initially this robe was going to have insightful DC's on it and it appears it still has +4 Equipment bonus to DC's on it.

Steelstar
12-11-2015, 04:56 PM
It looks like the Robe of Celestial Sage is back to deathblock IX instead of just the deathblock as originally pitched. Is this going to stay this way? I also thought I saw initially this robe was going to have insightful DC's on it and it appears it still has +4 Equipment bonus to DC's on it.

Some item fixes didn't quite make this build, those two included - It will have basic Deathblock and Insightful Spell Focus Mastery.

kain741
12-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Some item fixes didn't quite make this build, those two included - It will have basic Deathblock and Insightful Spell Focus Mastery.

Thanks, that helps for planning purposes.

Silverleafeon
12-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Two of the Master of ___ feats are now working, looking at the rest when I have time, might go back and check the Epic Summons feat too.

thomascoolone64
12-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Why is the Guide not functional?

draven2002
12-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Why is The Guide unavailable? I don't understand why you did that?

Silverleafeon
12-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Epic Summons are fixed nicely done.

Stepped into Legendary EN Shroud w/o gear and died in 15 seconds while watching pet's stats.

mudfud
12-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Some of them may be showing up, but they are still under construction.

With many things not done and still under construction any consideration of pushing the update back until 2016 to give it to us done in a not rushed way?

ElbrionStent
12-11-2015, 11:15 PM
no answer about why the guide is unavailable?

draven2002
12-12-2015, 01:26 PM
How am I suppose to test anything If I cant use the guide to level up?

Silverleafeon
12-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Are Otto's on sale in the DDO Store?
I did not check, but that would help?

Iconic ---> heroic box ----> epic level 20 ----> epic box + 50% xp pot ----> some gold rolls ---> gets you to 26 anyway?

Or character copy a toon at level cap and use +20 heart sitting on the floor to move classes around?

Maybe someone should have a respawning +20k xp token on the floor?

thomascoolone64
12-12-2015, 02:15 PM
no answer about why the guide is unavailable?

Maybe they want us to go test random loot instead of TR'ing and leveling all day and grab some random loot to see if that systems working

Lemdog
12-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Maybe they want us to go test random loot instead of TR'ing and leveling all day and grab some random loot to see if that systems working

Well you can't test the random loot if you can't even level up :P

gwonbush
12-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Well you can't test the random loot if you can't even level up :P

You can test the random loot in the leveling process.

Silverleafeon
12-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Finished Shroud on EE with a great group, loved it.

Silverleafeon
12-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Love the portal from marketplace to legendary Hound, thank you.

And EL Hound went exactly as expected, Xoriate 2 Players 0

draven2002
12-12-2015, 07:16 PM
When I checked ottos boxes were not on the store. And they said they disabled Astral shards as well.
And then I also tried a copy went to use the +20 heart of wood and after I leveled up it gave me less xp then I had and now was me stuck on the bridge between worlds with no way to get out

Silverleafeon
12-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Wow, ty for the warning, I'll leave my test toons as is.

Steve_Howe
12-12-2015, 10:14 PM
How am I suppose to test anything If I cant use the guide to level up?

Play the game?

Cocomajobo
12-13-2015, 01:30 PM
When I checked ottos boxes were not on the store. And they said they disabled Astral shards as well.
And then I also tried a copy went to use the +20 heart of wood and after I leveled up it gave me less xp then I had and now was me stuck on the bridge between worlds with no way to get out

We investigated this, reproduced it, and have discovered the source. Thanks for inadvertently finding an awful bug before it went live. =]

Silverleafeon
12-13-2015, 01:44 PM
We investigated this, reproduced it, and have discovered the source. Thanks for inadvertently finding an awful bug before it went live. =]

Yah!

Oh and ty for working the weekend!

draven2002
12-13-2015, 02:13 PM

Glad I could help :P

UurlockYgmeov
12-13-2015, 06:46 PM

+1

Glad I could help :P

/cheer

Hipparan
12-13-2015, 11:58 PM
A couple of things:

1. Random loot seems very strange, but interesting in a good way. I keep seeing items that have both melee damage and things like spell effects. However, I really want to know, is Thaumaturgy going to be included on quarterstaves? I didn't see any, but if they aren't being included then I don't see the point of using quarterstaves for casters.

2. With Legendary Greensteel, will two-handed weapons such as quarterstaves get bonus effects like Thunder-forged weapons? If not, once again I don't see the point of using quarterstaves for casters. This would make me sad, considering how much quarterstaves are the typical caster weapon.

Not sure if there's time before U29 goes live for you guys to figure out stuff like that if you haven't, but it's something that I thought needed to be addressed.

ArekDorun
12-14-2015, 10:40 AM
In the vein of the last reply, I also noticed that "caster" weapons are not getting the "Spellcasting Implement" modifier anymore, at least not visibly. Are new random weapons going forward not going to get this?

--ArekDorun

patang01
12-14-2015, 12:02 PM

I honestly want to test and make sure GS works instead of random loot with marginal use. Not that I object to good random loot - it wont' cost me mats and wasted time to find out something is not working right.

Like making a dream reaver active augment and getting a Succubus instead and making a Lich augment and getting a dream weaver. But it's hard to figure that out when you're level 24. Sure I could waste my time leveling 2 levels but unlike some I only have a few hours at the most each evening.

Amundir
12-14-2015, 12:54 PM

Holy cow....... a QA exists...

IronClan
12-14-2015, 01:12 PM
Love the portal from marketplace to legendary Hound, thank you.

And EL Hound went exactly as expected, Xoriate 2 Players 0

IMO The run down to the raid really is as much a part of the raid as VON5 is part of VON6 and Titan pre-raid is part of titan.

Here's a thought: lets just cut through the bull and make the whole game accessible from where-ever you are and forego the present tissue thin pretense that this game has a "world"?

We're already long past the point where the pretense of an overland or "world" is just a time sink insulting our intelligence... lets allow everyone who wishes to voluntarily forego all the meaningless story "text I never bother reading" and the meaningless "waste my play time guiding my character through "the world" to "a quest"

This is where the game is at so lets own it? 100% serious... people who want the "story mode" can still do it that way, and everyone else can just teleport everywhere instead of the silly 8 or 10 pre-chosen destinations.

Just let the LFM panel be a map browser like every other FPS/third person shooter with no overland/world map, join a LFM, get a entry portal that can minimize until the player is ready to use it (got ship buffs let me open the Portal UI and click enter) and auto grant the quest.

eliminate red door as a concept, just auto grant a "yes no" dialog for any quest you join an LFM for (autoshare), when you finish the quest give a dialog option to take your reward...

LFM leader selects quest and gets a portal UI wherever they are standing.

While you're at it we can get rid of these god awful linear "must do this quest or you can't even get a portal UI for this other quest" requisites as well.

Look at the average new player to this game... the only way they can find out about some of these binary "can't enter this quest" situations is to: A religiously read the wiki or B join an LFM for unfamiliar content, ask where the quest giver is/ask for a share, run out to the quest click on the door and get a "you are not on this leg of the quest" failure condition, then apologize for being a newbie, ask what quest they need to do first, apologetically and embarrassingly drop group and look for a (non existent) LFM for that first quest, become frustrated, wonder if there are some less arbitrarily and more consistently designed games they could be playing instead.

I've seen hundreds of new players do the above over the last 5 years, not even exaggerating... I spent probably my first year and a half doing things like that myself consistently timid about joining groups unless I knew where I needed to go, so since we're dropping pretenses lets make the games quest system have some semblance of consistent coherent design? I mean it's not like there aren't whole chains like Attack on Stormreach where you can skip ahead... why even have any requirement? People who want story mode will read the text and look for the NPC that was named... People who just want to play can teleport.

JOTMON
12-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Was hoping the armors would see some revamp
The current U29 items list of armors is so pigeon-holy and restrictive.
It comes across poorly as grindy one-off armors as they sit now, its more of a maybe if the ideal one drops for me I might use it, but for the most part it will be.. screw it.. leave it in the chest..
Most of these will just be inventory space wasters due to the limited options and lack of build choices to suit our needs.

We want to see more customizable armors we can build around our toons, and less building toons around fixed armor with little to no versatility for options..

I had suggested making these more generic and flexible to accommodate all players, especially for what should be endgame worthy armor.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/468418-U29-Items-Round-1?p=5737599&viewfull=1#post5737599

Silverleafeon
12-15-2015, 02:01 PM
Well Lamania land is down, so Part 4 is over I assume, probably looking at part 5 sometime this week(end) or release (Monday?), depending on things like fixing that nasty reincarnation bug and the like.

Silverleafeon
12-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Hopefully people did the run on the Heroic Hound?
I more likely to include Hound farming w/o the run, as its so likely to have to recall out and guide an 2nd or 3rd group thru.

Tried LE and failed twice.
Tried LN with Fawngate charming while in super pet mode successfully.

Its nice the Puppies have a ton of Hit Points, can leave them alone for a bit, yet it would be really hard for a non healer capable toon to get them back to full health. I mean Heal+Cocoon+Mass Regenerateion does not take them from 2/3 to full health.

maddong
12-15-2015, 02:08 PM
If the update is really coming this week then there isn't going to be a part 5....

Silverleafeon
12-15-2015, 02:41 PM
If the update is really coming this week then there isn't going to be a part 5....

I'm betting it depends upon a reliable fix to the renicarnations bug testing out ok?

kain741
12-28-2015, 04:47 PM

This did not make it to live entirely correct. It is still a +4 equipment bonus to DCs for Necro spells but is applying the insightful +2 to enchant spells.