PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a artifacter build? PlZ help.

Graham_bo
12-03-2015, 10:45 AM
My main characer is a 13 rouge(more along the lines of a sneak attack rouge). I like to disarm traps but like dps. I always wanted to try this class of the skills because now I'm vip. Plz help.

unbongwah
12-03-2015, 11:17 AM
FYI, rogue Mechanic beats Artificer for ranged DPS. Also Artificer isn't free to VIPs; you need to unlock them either thru House Cannith Favor (http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor#House_Cannith) or the DDO Store.

If you still want an arty, this is the thread to start with: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/386775-Dubbell-O-Seven-casting-ranged-focused-artificer

Graham_bo
12-03-2015, 11:34 AM
ya I realized it but still want to make one soon. ill look at it thank you.

UurlockYgmeov
12-03-2015, 01:30 PM
check the links in my sig - I have a lower level Arti build (with gear) in there. KoboldoWar. Not perfect, and is a little dusty, but some solid info in there.

CThruTheEgo
12-05-2015, 05:28 PM
As unbongwah suggested, check out Dubbell O'Seven in my sig.

If your rogue is a mechanic, an arti will play very differently as it levels. During lower levels, get or craft a screaming of bleeding or holy of bleeding repeater and keep elemental weapons buffed on it. With those effects, you'll kill most mobs before they ever reach you. Then you'll get flame turret which is like a firewall that tanks for you. Let mobs swarm it and clean up with the repeater. As your repeater dps starts to plateau, you'll get blade barrier. You can either kite mobs through it and clean up with the repeater or just drop them behind you as you run to the end of the quest. Your rune arm will start to add a lot of single target dps at this point. Once you get into epics, you need to bring all of that together to really maximize the class's potential. An arti's dps comes from each of those sources and together they are quite a force. A mechanic will have higher repeater dps, but I'm not sure about higher overall dps once the arti is utilizing all sources together.