PDA

View Full Version : Enlightened Angel

Culver.Civello
12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
This is really more of an attempt to get a FvS past life done, but I was thinking on this, and it seemed remotely interesting, and I think I'd like to flesh this out a little more and see what's possible.

Human Favored Soul 15 / Warlock 5
True Neutral

STR 8, DEX 8, CON 16, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 18

My initial thoughts on stats, though I'm wondering if I shouldn't focus on Wisdom. Though I'm not sure if the DCs would be worth shooting for. Maybe int for spell power?

I guess I would build it a lot like any other enlightened Spirit Lock as far as feats and skill points go. Cept maybe putting points in balance cause you won't have 'Celestial Spirit'.

max, emp, quicken, mental toughness, impr. mental toughness, shield mastery feats?, focus evo?, past life:wiz

Though, mental toughness probably wouldn't be needed.

Fiend Pact

http://i68.tinypic.com/28000u0.png

Thoughts?

FranOhmsford
12-02-2015, 02:29 AM
This is really more of an attempt to get a FvS past life done, but I was thinking on this, and it seemed remotely interesting, and I think I'd like to flesh this out a little more and see what's possible.

True Neutral

My initial thoughts on stats, though I'm wondering if I shouldn't focus on Wisdom. Though I'm not sure if the DCs would be worth shooting for. Maybe int for spell power?

I guess I would build it a lot like any other enlightened Spirit Lock as far as feats and skill points go. Cept maybe putting points in balance cause you won't have 'Celestial Spirit'.

max, emp, quicken, mental toughness, impr. mental toughness, shield mastery feats?, focus evo?, past life:wiz

Fiend Pact

Thoughts?

Have you considered Morninglord or PDK {Change to 18 Int, 16 Cha}?

If this is just an Heroic Past Life Build then you're not going to have the full 80 AP until you're ready to TR and it's Lvl 15-18 where you will want the build to be at it's best.
So which Enhancements would you leave till last?

On a Lock I feel it's best to get Tainted Scholar fast and early for Chain {Aura really doesn't come into it's own till around Lvl 12/13 when you've got enough AP to boost it's damage}.
Would you get the five Warlock Levels done early for this reason?

Rawrargh
12-02-2015, 02:41 AM
For heroic levels a FvS running through a quest and ****ing out BB's is still a very legit tactic. It does loose some of the oomph around 18-20, but you'll still be able to complete, probably faster than if you were relying on eldritch burst/spirit blast with such a low base and fey damage.

*Edit*p o o p is censored... really?

cru121
12-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Is there anything attractive that FvS 15 brings? If not, you could probably take a bit more warlock levels. Level 6 for faster aura. Level 7 for DDoor?

FranOhmsford
12-02-2015, 05:45 AM
Is there anything attractive that FvS 15 brings? If not, you could probably take a bit more warlock levels. Level 6 for faster aura. Level 7 for DDoor?

14 FavSoul gets you Level 7 Spells but you could just grab Res Scrolls. {There's no spell on the Lvl 7 list you can't do without. Especially as it's a dumped Wis build so Destruction is pointless.}

I'd say 14/6 is as good if not better than 15/5.
13/7 is gonna be outright better than 15/5.

Atremus
12-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Leveling a FvS from 1 to Blade Barrier is not fun. But Blade Barrier in Heroics w/Wings is rewarding. Since you only need the Past Life I would add more warlock levels. I would aim for 9 Warlock (more damage) and 10/11FvS. If you need a feat, you can always splash 1 Fighter or 1 Wiz

tsteigner
12-17-2015, 04:30 AM

True Neutral

Fiend Pact

Thoughts?

for just doing a PL the split works very well with 15 fvs / 5 wl. personaly i would go wis : 18, chr : 14, Int : 12 and put all lvl - ups in wisdom. Lvl-order something like LLLFFFFFFFLLFFFFFFFF. Pact doesn't really matter, but i personaly prefer Fey :) AP-wise is pretty well, but would change the +chr in spirit to +con and the +chr in AoV in +wis and also see to move around 6 ap from aov / es to wp to get the 2nd core which gives another +10 to light spellpower + also change ts a bit to get 2nd core which gives you +10% to critical damage

feats : max, emp, quicken
either
- caster : pl: wiz, sf: necro + greater
- defense (don't really need it in heroic) : shield mastery + improved