PDA

View Full Version : How do I unload "bind to character" equipment / aim shurikens / re-accept quest?

Zaharia
12-01-2015, 07:09 PM
How do I remove from my inventory equipment/gear/loot that is "Binds to character on acquire permanently"?

I am new to DDO (maybe 12 hours play time to date), and by ignorance and/or mistake I have accepted loot/reword that is "Binds to character on acquire permanently". How can I get rid of this stuff? My character is a munk and cannot use most of it. Other such items I have 10 and don't want or need anymore. I want to get this stuff out of my inventor so that it does not weigh my backpack down with a heavy load penity.

How do I re-accept a quest/mission without accepting the reward from previous successful completion of it?

I am still on Korthos Village replaying quests/missions to get my fingers trained on game mechanics and already have X number of the reward and don't need another, besides they all "permanently" bind to you. I want to practice and perfect my skill without acquiring any more rewards from the quest/mission launch person.

How do I control the vertical aiming/targeting of shurikens?

In 12 hours, I have raised my monk to 3rd level with some shuriken bonus, but when in combat, I can aim my shuriken horizontally by turning my body, but I cannot figure out how to aim them vertical, I throw all of my shurikens into the ground about 10 feet in front of me.

Any help on above three questions, please.
---------------------------------------------------
Thank you all for the answers below.

The stuff I want to get rid of has a yellow bar with an exclamation mark in it along the bottom of the icon. It is stuff like shields, long swords (totally useless to a monk) and the nth reward for completing a quest for the nth time. I have tried to trade/sell it to the NPC trader in Korthos Village square, but every time I drag such item down to the sell/trade bar it bounces back up to my inventory list. I will try the dragging it out of inventor to the ground to see if that gets rid of it.

I did not know anything about a "quest journal". I will look for / study the quest journal. I have not done much with the main game play menu other than "exit" and "DDO store".

I did not know anything about a "mouse look" mode. I had been using the numeric key pad to move the camera around to view things differently when I cannot pick them up from my normal view. I will look for / study the "mouse look" mode with the "T" key switch.

Thank you all so much for quick answers.

EllisDee37
12-01-2015, 07:39 PM
How do I remove from my inventory equipment/gear/loot that is "Binds to character on acquire permanently"?Most BTC stuff can just be sold directly to vendors for plat, which is the better way to go. I'm guessing you have a bunch of starter gear you want to get rid of. Those can't be sold at vendors. Destroy any unwanted starter gear by dragging it out of your inventory. You will be asked for confirmation before the item is destroyed.

Many times, but not always, if you accidentally destroy something this way and want to get it back, you can re-purchase it from the "Buy Back" tab at various vendors. (Typically a bartender.)

How do I re-accept a quest/mission without accepting the reward from previous successful completion of it?I'm unsure why you would want to do this; maybe to avoid clogging your inventory? Anyway, to re-acquire without collecting a reward, open the quest in your quest journal (press the "X" key, I think) and click "Abandon." Now you can re-acquire the quest without collecting a reward.

How do I control the vertical aiming/targeting of shurikens?Hold down the right mouse button to temporarily engage "mouse look" mode. You can permanently stay in mouse look mode by hitting "T", in which case holding the right mouse button down will temporarily disengage it. The "T" key switches back and forth between the two.

EDIT: When I first started, I was confused about BTC gear the same way you are now. The problem is that the first BTC gear you get from the intro quest is starter gear and can't be sold to vendors. But all the rest of the BTC gear you get, including Korthos quest end rewards, can be vendored for plat.

UurlockYgmeov
12-01-2015, 07:41 PM
^^^ great answers!

welcome to the game!

ddowiki.com is your best friend!

have fun storming the er... castles!

rlarge
12-01-2015, 08:53 PM
starter stuff just click on it with left mouse and hold, drag out of inventory and drop item on ground. can't sell it and gets rid of it.

Jiirix
12-02-2015, 02:17 AM
If you want to store "Bound on Equip" items in your mailbox just post them on the Astral Shard Auction House for a high price. If they sell in three days you get the Astral Shards and if it doesn't sell the item will be send to your mailmox were it stays. If an item does not sell no auction house charge will be made.

SurlyYuri
12-03-2015, 05:18 PM
You can also click and hold the right(?) mouse button to use "mouse look" mode to aim/look. When you release the button it stops the look.

To cycle through targets, use the TAB key. With "attack" activated, you will auto-attack whatever is selected.