PDA

View Full Version : New U29 feats, any good for sorcerer?

Vanhooger
11-18-2015, 04:37 AM
I'm just curious what you guys think about new U29 feats. They will help dc/nuker sorcerer in the lastest content/raid?

I feel there is some nice addition (even if I want to see how muche damage they doing and how they're working), but still not enough work on the blu bar, I think with new feat we will burn sp even faster than it is now. As well it's not clear if 10% sp discount stack with item.

What;s you're thought?

My hope is to go back to my preferred class and be useful even in raids, but maybe I'm just dreaming.

Arkai
11-18-2015, 04:49 AM
I like the feats, but as you said, when you are at DOJ and your blue bar goes away, you are just dead and out of the game. Random people in a pug called me GIMP when I was using a sorc 28 at that raid and I don't want to feel like that anymore.

Maybe these feats would help to deal damage like a barbarian or whatever it is efficient now at beating, but we all know that that is temporal, while melees spend no resources to stay at the edge.

My thoughts: top content is not designed for a temporal damage dealers like traditional casters (and DC is completely ignored since all the mobs are red named) and this is not going to change unless we get a crazy thing like EPIC ECHOES OF POWER (regen 20 sp per sec. or whatever).

Vanhooger
11-18-2015, 10:08 AM
The interest on this thread is saying how many people is playing sorcerer right now, lol :rolleyes:

Steve_Howe
11-18-2015, 11:00 AM
I seriously can't wait to get my Sorc up to 30th level and access all the cool new feats. He's VERY "blasty" now as it is. He's only going get even better...by a LOT!

Hephaistor
11-19-2015, 09:26 AM
As Water Master does not get the Tier5 SLA uncapped but the Nicacs DOT and you can take two of these feats I am planning on making an Air servant (Air Master + scion of air) with a strong water tree as a secondary element (Water Master). 5 uncapped long range SLAs and one uncapped DOT should make a good nuking sorc.

jalont
11-19-2015, 10:51 AM
I don't raid much, so I have nothing to say about that, but even now, I can solo most EEs on my sorc, including old ToEE while using only like 3 eveningstar sp pots. So my thought is that the changes will be helpful, though I'm not sure if they'll be enough to make raiding with sorcs worthwhile or buff them enough to make them viable for bad players. It's impossible to tell until we test. Paper math never gives a good picture of anything.

Morroiel
11-20-2015, 01:02 PM
Air/Water or Water/Air are looking fairly strong in this upcoming update. Master of Air (lightning bolt on paper will be putting up BIG numbers), and Master of Water (niac's will provide good sustainable boss dps).

They still will have the issue of spell point conservation (especially if epic shroud looks anything like the format for the last couple raids) but to a slightly less degree (damage / sp definitely went up a good deal). However, on paper my math is putting them at decent levels of burst damage.

Overall the feats are a good start (though they definitely favor sorcerers, light based druids, and dd light clerics over other casters). My biggest concern is the legendary feats: we are widening the DC cap by 2 between primary and secondary DCs - this is bad for spell casting in general.

jalont
11-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Deleted. Somehow posted in wrong thread.

Maatogaeoth
11-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Plugging my way thru my 3rd sorc life now. Looking forward to seeing what unlocked CL for lightning bolt looks like. Although, not a fan of the ML24 to the "master" feats. Would prefer ML21 of course.

Morroiel
11-25-2015, 01:06 AM
I'll reserve my final judgement for lamannia tests but my initial verdict is that the new master of ____ feat line will do very little to affect sorcerers. In fact, based on my theoretical calculations, holistically, this update will push shiradi and warlock casters further ahead of traditional casters. This is assuming that the DC situation doesn't get worse (if it does matters look even more grim).

Vanhooger
11-25-2015, 05:56 AM
I'm waiting for lamma to go up to say a bit more regarding those feat.