PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Wednesday, November 18th from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Cordovan
11-17-2015, 01:11 PM
The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Wednesday, November 18th from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). The forums will remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Click here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Downtime+Notice%3A+DDO&iso=20151118T06&p1=43&ah=5) for a time zone converter.

Nestroy
11-17-2015, 01:28 PM
The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Wednesday, November 18th from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). The forums and wikis will remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Click here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Downtime+Notice%3A+DDO&iso=20151118T06&p1=43&ah=5) for a time zone converter.

Another hotfix? What does get done? Thx for the advise!

Grosbeak07
11-17-2015, 01:40 PM

Maintenance is not a hot fix.

Cordovan
11-17-2015, 01:46 PM

This is global downtime for all of our games as part of a maintenance for the WBPlay system.

UurlockYgmeov
11-17-2015, 02:33 PM
This is global downtime for all of our games as part of a maintenance for the WBPlay system.

Thanks for the notice and the clarification.

RD2play
11-18-2015, 04:58 AM
The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Wednesday, November 18th from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). The forums will remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

I just have to say that there is a LOT of downtime lately! and always on the few days that I have (kept open) to spend time on the game! I know you guys don't deliberately try to **** me over, but does the down time always have to be during EU day time?, maybe our US friends can take some of the brunt some of the time ? At the very least I want to request to get the notice longer in advance! Especially concerning maintenance since I'd think you guys know this is coming longer in advance than the night before! I wake up looking forward to play my char, only to find out there is yet another downtime. It would be great if I could plan other (RL) things by knowing about downtime in advance rather than being confronted with it when I want to start up the game!

Thank you!

Grinthane
11-18-2015, 05:03 AM
I would just like to say thank you for the work you guys do to make the game enjoyable. Also for adding the pseudo dragon to the ddo store, that was awesome. I know that to keep something like this running takes maintenance, we cannot get an IT person with our subscription so we suffer a bit of downtime, meh, could be worse

Zepheri
11-18-2015, 09:29 AM
Finally after years of absence, I have some time to game again and I choose DDO! Glad I did, and glad updates and maintenance are happening as I have noticed a few problems with my older toons since returning. I hope everyone has the patience I do and realize these things take time. Thanks guys and gals who make this game a great escape from the day to day real life BS. Happy trails and LLAP.

Zepheri

Cordovan
11-18-2015, 10:03 AM
We need a bit more time to check things out before opening the worlds, and are making sure the Mysterious Remnant Vendor items are available on all of the worlds. We'll keep you updated.

tomuchdrama
11-18-2015, 10:23 AM
i think the down time is from 6am till 11pm

Gleep_Wurp
11-18-2015, 10:23 AM
now that infinite crisis has tanked,maybe turbine could spend some coin on ddo, the cash cow. and maybe hire a few more people other than fans or interns just saying. customer service has come a long way lately and i give them a b+.

kelly171717
11-18-2015, 10:28 AM
I have had alot to read about and i for one am extremely excited to see update 29 on the horizon.

My toon is a sorcerer and I have been that way 7 years and counting with some heroic trs sprinkled in here and there
and almost epic completionist. But now I find I will have lots more to do. Thank you again all this and more is eagerly awaited by Kellyssss from khyber.

also Thank you for the 1100 oclock update as well Cordovan. Little things like that go a long way to help keep sanity and not lose minds. DOOOOOOOM lol just kidding but seriously much appreciated on update

Mystickal
11-18-2015, 10:31 AM
With us now 30 minutes past the end of the maintenance window, is there any new ETA?

mons
11-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Login is timing out and haven't seen any notice of an extension, am I missing something?

nakedglory
11-18-2015, 10:32 AM
We need a bit more time to check things out before opening the worlds, and are making sure the Mysterious Remnant Vendor items are available on all of the worlds. We'll keep you updated.

It seems that everytime there is a downtime scheduled DDO Over promises and Under delivers. It would be nice if you could be a bit closer in your guesstimates.. I am thinking maybe by 2:00 you might be back up ?? Are you deluding the players, or yourselves ?

Nyata
11-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Login is timing out and haven't seen any notice of an extension, am I missing something?

yes, you missed it. just scroll up 3 or 4 posts :)

Mystickal
11-18-2015, 10:37 AM
With us now 30 minutes past the end of the maintenance window, is there any new ETA?

Nevermind, I see the login servers are online and Argo just came up, I'm sure the other worlds will be up shortly as well.

Cordovan
The game worlds are now open. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game!

Gleep_Wurp

Nyata
11-18-2015, 10:40 AM
It seems that everytime there is a downtime scheduled DDO Over promises and Under delivers. It would be nice if you could be a bit closer in your guesstimates.. I am thinking maybe by 2:00 you might be back up ?? Are you deluding the players, or yourselves ?

this was not DDo maintenaince, but all games that use WBPlay system, as Cordovan stated at the start of the post. Also, I think at least the last 3 downtimes were actually finished way before the ETA, maybe you missed those and just happen to have bad luck?

I for one think it's nice that they try to make sure the changes took and everything works before taking things back up and maybe having to shut down again in an hour.

Amundir
11-18-2015, 12:41 PM
I dunno if i've said this before, but if so i'll say it again.

Low priority, but can we please get some redundancy some where so that people can login to the forums while the game is down? I know they are tied together, but that is very unfriendly.

johnhare
11-21-2015, 05:45 AM
Hi all is the game still down not been able to enter since last update show the the charater screen after login but its frozen ?

morkahn82
11-23-2015, 02:30 AM

Thanks, I really appreciate the time converter.

Edit: lol, but i did not notice it was last week. :)