PDA

View Full Version : 3+ Affix Lootgen Items

btolson
11-16-2015, 02:14 PM
With named items having increasingly more affixes present on them, I think it is necessary to increase the number of affixes on "rare" lootgen items to make them more relevant. This should probably only happen for items with an ML of 20 or higher.

Implementation
A Triple Affix item would work similar to current Masterful Craftsmanship/Wondrous Items. Such an item would have 4 actual affixes on it, 3 of which provide benefits and one that reduces the Enchantment Level of the item so it can be worn at the same level as a regular Double Affix item. The 4 Affixes would be:
1) A normal Prefix (e.g. Clever +8)
2) A normal Suffix (e.g., Resistance +6)
3) A meta-affix to reduce the Enchantment Level of the item by half (in this case, it would grant a (8+6)/2 = 7 reduction in Enchantment Level
4) A bonus Prefix or Suffix, with Enchantment Level equal to the that of the reduction granted by affix #3 (e.g., Health +7 or Speed VII)

Naming Conventions
In the interest of keeping things easy to find on the AH, I'd prefer that bonus prefixes be concatenated with just a comma and suffixes concatenated with an "and", e.g., "Clever +8, Health +7 Cloak of Resistance +6" or "Clever +8 Cloak of Resistance +6 and Speed VII".

Drop Rates
If these rare lootgen items can be restricted to chests only, I think a 10% drop rate is good. If they can't be kept out of end-reward lists, then 5%.

Extending the System (Quadruple Affix Items)
For items with ML 30, we might extend the system to allow for 4 affixes, which would work essentially the same way except the EL reducer would be doubled and the item would always generate an extra Prefix AND Suffix, rather than one or the other.

Finally, I'd like to say that I think these items should complement the Masterful Craftsmanship/Wondrous Items, which have their own role, as opposed to replacing that system with this one.

Saekee
11-16-2015, 02:47 PM
They plan to overhaul lootgen and increasing prefixes and/or suffixes is an interesting idea. I wonder how this would compare to EStar Challenge weapons.

Note also how Risia makes these things better too. Here is my min level 16 weapon post-Risia:
http://i.imgur.com/5RGxoUU.jpg

btolson
11-16-2015, 04:50 PM
They plan to overhaul lootgen...

Yes, that's what got me thinking about this. I wondered to myself how they might make lootgen worthwhile in the face of named items (from regular quests, not just raids) that now routinely have 4-5 affixes + 1-2 augment slots.

Obviously we don't want lootgen eclipsing named items, but the gulf between the two is pretty extreme right now.

Jasparion
11-16-2015, 04:58 PM
You can already get some fantastic Wondrous random loot. I dont think random loot needs a 3rd affix. I would much rather Turbine spend their time fixing up the hundreds of Named items which are quite simply terrible.

We dont run content for random loot. We run it for Named loot (or XP, or fun, or whatever, but I seriously doubt anyone is actually running specific content for random items).

EllisDee37
11-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Augments could make this work with the existing lootgen engine, provided we get some actually good augments to work with.