PDA

View Full Version : Limitation of EDs

Robbenklopper
11-16-2015, 06:53 AM
The week is fresh, so let´s have this Scenario:

Did anyone ever thought about limiting ED cores and tiers to class Level? Everything you just Need is being Level 6 in this or that class and Tier 3 or 4 in this or that ED.
I.E: My fighter without any barb Level and clue of the class can use a T4 sense weakness. Do you think that´s right? Shouldn´t be there a Limit for dilletants in core and tiers (which would be a "nerf" or "depowercreep").

Gljosh
11-16-2015, 09:48 AM
The week is fresh, so let´s have this Scenario:

Did anyone ever thought about limiting ED cores and tiers to class Level? Everything you just Need is being Level 6 in this or that class and Tier 3 or 4 in this or that ED.
I.E: My fighter without any barb Level and clue of the class can use a T4 sense weakness. Do you think that´s right? Shouldn´t be there a Limit for dilletants in core and tiers (which would be a "nerf" or "depowercreep").

Lets not talk about massive changes to systems that are over 3 years old. By the same token a Henshin Monk (q-staff based with Fire/Kinetic abilities) would not be able to use Draconic even though he has knowledge about fire based abilities. The EDs have an associated class that great benefits from the ED (Fury has quite a bit of "when Raging" bonuses, GmoF works great with a Monk-yes not as good as LD), so your suggestion is kinda but not really built in.

PsychoBlonde
11-16-2015, 11:21 AM
This sounds absurdly bad to me. Did you think it through at all? There are 12 ED's and 14 classes. Which two classes don't get access to ANY EDs?

The ED's were designed to be open to anyone of any class. They already have their limitations and balancing built in for that purpose. That, and the devs have already stated that they're not interested in just nerfing things because they can.

Basura_Grande
11-16-2015, 11:41 AM
And what problem would this dumb idea solve?

Gljosh
11-16-2015, 12:17 PM
And what problem would this dumb idea solve?

Power creep? Or maybe it would solve server over population?

Enoach
11-16-2015, 01:26 PM
The problem is EDs really are not Class specific.

What I got from the intention of EDs was to help enhance Builds by either improving weaknesses or improving strengths - in some case both.

So sorry I can't agree with what you are asking for.

Grailhawk
11-16-2015, 01:52 PM

What I got from the intention of EDs was to help enhance Builds by either improving weaknesses or improving strengths - in some case both.

QTF

ED's are not class specific there is not reason to tie them to a class. The distinctions that ED's have are based on archetypes not classes the best way to see this is to look at Fury of the Wild and realize it fits a Tempest Rangers 1000x better then it fits a Barbarian.

Robbenklopper
11-17-2015, 03:32 AM
It´s ok People don´t agree with me or think it´s a horrible bad dumb idea, but at least you ... maybe thought it over twice for the future of the game and made up your mind. In General, sure you can compensate weak points, but the the more i see the unlimited Access too powerfull available to every class. This scales more for me, but i know it will be denied. Let´s go on with the System working fine for 3 years, just because they did it well. And for ofc i would wonder myself why i grinded out 12 EDs and 10 E-PLs if something would be changed about that. If the devs said there won´t be any changes to, we have perfectly arranged with it.

eachna_gislin
11-19-2015, 09:24 AM

The intention of ED's was to find a way to charge for a large content pass that ought to have been free. It had nothing to do with "improving weaknesses" or "improving strengths" in particular classes/builds.

Rofaust
11-24-2015, 08:37 PM
On a related note, has anyone considered making epic past life feats only usable after your toon hits level 20 again to cut some of the disparity between epic completionists and the rest in heroic? Or at least the active portions? Having 100+ hp at level 1 already feels like I'm cheating, do I really need +3 more to saves, all skills (including UMD), weapon bonus and fancy rainbow procs every 10sec? Don't get me wrong, I feel bad about it but not bad enough to forget to turn my stances on :P

Hobgoblin
11-24-2015, 08:44 PM
in the history of bad posts there are 5 posts that are widely considered the worst posts ever.

this post blows them all away.

Enoach
11-24-2015, 10:48 PM
On a related note, has anyone considered making epic past life feats only usable after your toon hits level 20 again to cut some of the disparity between epic completionists and the rest in heroic? Or at least the active portions? Having 100+ hp at level 1 already feels like I'm cheating, do I really need +3 more to saves, all skills (including UMD), weapon bonus and fancy rainbow procs every 10sec? Don't get me wrong, I feel bad about it but not bad enough to forget to turn my stances on :P

Well you could find a cursed item or three, drink potions of wonder at the start of each quest - Is there a Curse effect? I mean you are a multi-life character don't you have 1000's of these in your inventory...

However, I am much like you in that regard, they do may heroic content easier but I still won't forget to activate them when I TR.

The intention of ED's was to find a way to charge for a large content pass that ought to have been free. It had nothing to do with "improving weaknesses" or "improving strengths" in particular classes/builds.
We will simply have to disagree on the intentions, you believe it was for a cash grab. I believe they did it to add to the epic leveling process instead of adding additional class levels.