PDA

View Full Version : PDK Archer??

TriniDiddy
11-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Is there a viable build for this? I really enjoy archery but with PDK locked in as a race, it seems difficult to make a great archer. I am really looking for expert players to weigh in on this one here and help out. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

dontmater
11-06-2015, 03:10 AM
yes, it looks ok, look up human rangers builds. looks like you can get CrAzY stat buffs while using action boosts.
maybe a 2 fighter 18 ranger. unless you wanna do the pure fighter archer, but the AA stuff is hard to passup

Tom116
11-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Is there a viable build for this? I really enjoy archery but with PDK locked in as a race, it seems difficult to make a great archer. I am really looking for expert players to weigh in on this one here and help out. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Yeah, PDK Archer would be fine. Pure fighter is one option, but I think I'd aim more for an 18 Ranger/2 Fighter split. AA, DWS, PDK for enhancements.Like dontmater said, search up a human ranger build and you'll have what you're looking for :)

unbongwah
11-06-2015, 09:36 AM
If you're willing to LR +1 out of that initial fighter level, I'd probably do pure ranger. You can still do PDK monkchers - e.g., monk 12 / rgr 6 / ftr 2 - but the changes to Manyshot / 10K Stars and the improvements to AA mean you really want Shadow Arrows + AA capstone on most archer builds now. That's not an option on a heavy MC build that's not an elf or HE.

Alternatively you could consider a Morninglord monkcher: maybe monk 12 / rgr 6 / cleric 2?

TriniDiddy
11-06-2015, 08:09 PM
If you're willing to LR +1 out of that initial fighter level, I'd probably do pure ranger. You can still do PDK monkchers - e.g., monk 12 / rgr 6 / ftr 2 - but the changes to Manyshot / 10K Stars and the improvements to AA mean you really want Shadow Arrows + AA capstone on most archer builds now. That's not an option on a heavy MC build that's not an elf or HE.

Alternatively you could consider a Morninglord monkcher: maybe monk 12 / rgr 6 / cleric 2?

I don't have any other iconics except for PDK at the moment is the issue. If i were to take 12 mnk, 6 rng, 2 pdk what would the feat selection/enhancements look like? and also how would i distribute my starting stats?

Thanks for all of the responses everyone.

Jasparion
11-11-2015, 05:26 PM
yes, it looks ok, look up human rangers builds. looks like you can get CrAzY stat buffs while using action boosts.
maybe a 2 fighter 18 ranger. unless you wanna do the pure fighter archer, but the AA stuff is hard to passup

Im wanting a PDK - Ranger life so is 18R / 2F the best mix here? I dont plan on using an LR+1 since Im going to TR at 28, so Im assuming the extra Fighter feat is going to be useful. It will be a ranged build, not melee.

If Im already giving up the Ranger capstone, are there other mixes I could consider, like 6 Fighter?

Im planning on a Strength build just because Im lazy, though could instead go with Dex if that is easily doable (Ive never used a Dex to damage build so not sure what is involved).

Weapons will most likely be Bow of Sinew, Silver Longbow, Lit 2 Bow for Heroic, I have a Cannith Earth Bow for 20, and in theory I can use a CITW box to get Pinion and then upgrade it. Given I will TR I dont think I will bother with a TF weapon.

unbongwah
11-11-2015, 08:52 PM
If i were to take 12 mnk, 6 rng, 2 pdk what would the feat selection/enhancements look like? and also how would i distribute my starting stats?

Im wanting a PDK - Ranger life so is 18R / 2F the best mix here? I dont plan on using an LR+1 since Im going to TR at 28, so Im assuming the extra Fighter feat is going to be useful. It will be a ranged build, not melee.
These days, the main drawback to doing a multi-classed archer on a non-elf / HE race is you miss out on the higher-level AA enhancements: namely +1 crit multiplier and +25% Doubleshot. With the elimination of Doubleshot penalties (finally!), that's a significant chunk of DPS on a combat style which needs all the help it can get, IMHO. :( If you do rgr 18 / ftr 2 (or 18/1/1) it partially offsets that - you get +5% Doubleshot and +1 crit multiplier - as well as pick up more DWS enhs; but without the AA capstone, I'm not sure if that's better than the monkcher split.