PDA

View Full Version : Give Drow Khopesh Proficiency please...

LargoKeyWest
11-04-2015, 05:23 AM
Please make this change to Drow:

Weapon Familiarity: Drow may treat khopesh as martial weapons (meaning your class needs martial weapons to gain khopesh by default, Rogues for example, do not get martial weapons by default), rather than exotic weapons.

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.... >_<

To be perfectly frank, does anyone actually NOT think of khopesh as a Drow weapon?

Lonnbeimnech
11-04-2015, 05:59 AM
Please make this change to Drow:

Weapon Familiarity: Drow may treat khopesh as martial weapons (meaning your class needs martial weapons to gain khopesh by default, Rogues for example, do not get martial weapons by default), rather than exotic weapons.

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.... >_<

To be perfectly frank, does anyone actually NOT think of khopesh as a Drow weapon?

It's an ancient egyptian weapon. Dark elves are mythological creatures from about 3,000 miles away from egypt on the far end of another continent, and have no relation to khopeshes.

In game, lorewise, elves and drow are naturally agile and would use weapons and fighting styles that favor agility rather than brute force. The khopesh is top heavy like an axe because of the way the blade is bent. It is a slow, clumsy, hacking weapon; very un-elf-like, and un-drow-like.

JOTMON
11-04-2015, 08:08 AM
It's an ancient egyptian weapon. Dark elves are mythological creatures from about 3,000 miles away from egypt on the far end of another continent, and have no relation to khopeshes.

In game, lorewise, elves and drow are naturally agile and would use weapons and fighting styles that favor agility rather than brute force. The khopesh is top heavy like an axe because of the way the blade is bent. It is a slow, clumsy, hacking weapon; very un-elf-like, and un-drow-like.

its more than 3,000 miles away from Egypt.. you missed the distance from travelling through the portal of imagination..

Besides.. what makes you think Egypt invented it.. someone probably brought the technology through the Stargate...

FR history has the invention of the khopesh in their timeline..
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Khopesh

now to get back on topic...

Khopesh is not a drow weapon by nature , scimitar is.

unbongwah
11-04-2015, 09:55 AM
No. I mean yes. I mean: they're not drow weapons.

For both lore and game-balance reasons, this change is a bad idea, IMO.

Memnir
11-04-2015, 06:28 PM
To be perfectly frank, does anyone actually NOT think of khopesh as a Drow weapon?I don't think of it as a Drow weapon, nor have I ever spoken with anyone who does.

No.

the_one_dwarfforged
11-05-2015, 06:35 AM
i dont think theres any good reason to do this, but it does strike me as an interesting idea to make drow appealing at all for melees.

Uska
11-05-2015, 09:57 AM
It's not a drow weapon 40+ years of game history tells me that

Uska
11-05-2015, 09:58 AM
its more than 3,000 miles away from Egypt.. you missed the distance from travelling through the portal of imagination..

Besides.. what makes you think Egypt invented it.. someone probably brought the technology through the Stargate...

FR history has the invention of the khopesh in their timeline..
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Khopesh

now to get back on topic...

Khopesh is not a drow weapon by nature , scimitar is.

Only because of the worst fantasy character ever drizzle