PDA

View Full Version : Racial Enhancements small improvement idea

Requiro
11-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Just quick idea: Option to add Race Enhancements total spend point to total spend points on one chosen Class Tree, with some restriction.

Restriction:

Class Core abilities don’t get this bonus, thus you still need spend 5/10/20/30/40 AP point in Tree to get proper Core ability, including Capstone.
You can chose only ONE Class Tree, that total sum of point will be added.

Explanation:

Race Enhancements are generally weaker then Class. Most player consider punting any Point there as a waste of AP. (with exception with some rare build around one ability)
Some Class Enhancements Tree require filler AP ability, to get Total threshold, for higher Tiers. Player consider this again as a waste of AP.
This improvement get us more building option, more mixing and synergies.
Also give us more hard choices, between abilities, that are equal, but because of how Tree works, we don’t have opportunity to test it.

But, if it’s hard to code (and time consuming), then ignore that idea. And I hope to see some Racial Enhancements Pass in the future.

cru121
11-02-2015, 08:10 AM
this would be nice

bloodnose13
11-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Just quick idea: Option to add Race Enhancements total spend point to total spend points on one chosen Class Tree, with some restriction.

Restriction:

Class Core abilities don’t get this bonus, thus you still need spend 5/10/20/30/40 AP point in Tree to get proper Core ability, including Capstone.
You can chose only ONE Class Tree, that total sum of point will be added.

Explanation:

Race Enhancements are generally weaker then Class. Most player consider punting any Point there as a waste of AP. (with exception with some rare build around one ability)
Some Class Enhancements Tree require filler AP ability, to get Total threshold, for higher Tiers. Player consider this again as a waste of AP.
This improvement get us more building option, more mixing and synergies.
Also give us more hard choices, between abilities, that are equal, but because of how Tree works, we don’t have opportunity to test it.

But, if it’s hard to code (and time consuming), then ignore that idea. And I hope to see some Racial Enhancements Pass in the future.

i think that racial tree should have own ap to spend, separate from general ap pool, i know from myself and i know most of ppl i know, generaly ignores racial tree, becouse most of time, on most races, they dont give much for their cost, and for the same cost its possible to get things from other trees, building in a way you want.

i always thought that ddo should have racial tree, class tree, and 3x prestige trees, race tree shoudl be about racial benefits with own ap, class tree again with own ap and general class enchacnements (like smites for paladins, sneak attack for rogues, songs for bards - things of general use for that class) (1 points per character level to racial and class, and prestiges would use eitehr current pool of 80 at lvl20), and then 3 prestige trees that fine tune character for certain role but still with ability to take enchancements from either. class tree could have system of unlocks (requirements) that have to be unlocked to progress in certain areas of other prestiges, in this way all of the prestiges from one class would be of similar power level, but with diffrent abilities, attacks and powers.

as much as it sounds sensible, locking the character in current enchancement system to only one prestige tree, would create lot of issues, becouse in most classes prestige is not equal to other prestige from same class, power wise some prestige users would end up being much weaker than others (it is like that right now too, and ability to mix up elements of other prestige gives little bit of balance). to do it, devs would have to rework all of prestiges to cost exactly same amount of points, and i dotn see that happen.