PDA

View Full Version : Looking for TWF dwarfen fighter

werenor
10-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Hello,

I am looking for a 36 point TWF dwarfen fighter build fighting dwarfen axes. If possible I would like to stay pure fighter.
Any suggstions? Thanks for your input in advance.

unbongwah
10-22-2015, 10:46 AM
Despite the new feats in the latest patch, fighters are...not great at the moment. :( Unless you need a ftr past life, I'd advise considering barb, pally, or rgr for TWF instead and save ftr for when it finally gets buffed.

But if you really want to stick with pure ftr, the next question is: do you want STR, CON (TYWA), or INT (Harper) to be your primary dmg stat? Do you want to go for DPS, tactics, or survivability more? What tomes have you taken?

werenor
10-22-2015, 11:27 AM
Despite the new feats in the latest patch, fighters are...not great at the moment. :( Unless you need a ftr past life, I'd advise considering barb, pally, or rgr for TWF instead and save ftr for when it finally gets buffed.

But if you really want to stick with pure ftr, the next question is: do you want STR, CON (TYWA), or INT (Harper) to be your primary dmg stat? Do you want to go for DPS, tactics, or survivability more? What tomes have you taken?

Thank you for the answer,

unfortunately I don´t have a past life fighter yet, so I would like to give it a try staying pure. Past lifes: Rgr, pally, barb, druid, sorc, cleric, arti. All stats have +2 tomes some, some have +3 I don´t remember which one right now, but I can look it up when DDO is back from update. About STR, CON, INT...I really like the Harper tree on my Arti, not sure about fighter. High CON is alwyas welcome, not sure about STR, thought twfs need some DEX too. What do you recommend?

unbongwah
10-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Well, be careful about asking me for advice, or I'm liable to try to sell you on a CON+INT-based TWF tank you'll regret... ;)

werenor
10-23-2015, 12:05 PM
Well, be careful about asking me for advice, or I'm liable to try to sell you on a CON+INT-based TWF tank you'll regret... ;)

Ok, I understand that as a hint for my build :D, CON+INT sounds interesting enough for me to try something new.

Grailhawk
10-23-2015, 12:06 PM
These are the standard STR based Fighter builds IMO they are not top of the line at the moment because other classes do better but they are solid B builds still.

12/6/2 Fighter/Ragner/Monk
33 AP Kensei (One With the Blade, Keen Edge, Power Surge)
07 AP Shinto (Deft Strikes)
06 AP Tempest (Tempest)
08 AP Harper (Know the Angles)
09 AP Defender (Stance [15 PRR and +3 Saves])
17 AP free i would probably use it all in tempest, but Harper may not be a bad choice for more MP
make sure to pick up the monk stance feats your choice between running in earth or wind stance

20 Fighter
41 AP Kensei (Keen Edge, Capstone)
24 AP Defender (Greater Stance [+20% HP and +6 STR], Swift Defense)
08 AP Harper (Know the Angles)
07 AP free I would put it in harper to get more melee power.

As for feat
TWF x3
Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave
IC: Slashing
Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus
Stunning Blow
one or two of the new Tactics Feats
one or two of the new Armor Feat
Percision
[12/6/2 only]Adapt of Forms, Master of Forms, Maybe Grandmaster of Forms

unbongwah
10-23-2015, 02:57 PM
Ok, I understand that as a hint for my build :D, CON+INT sounds interesting enough for me to try something new.
You'll be soooorrrryyyy...

Iron Mountain
Fighter 20
True Neutral Dwarf

Stats
36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- --------
Strength 10 +3 4: CON
Dexterity 15 +2 8: CON
Constitution 20 +2 12: CON
Intelligence 16 +2 16: CON
Wisdom 8 +2 20: CON
Charisma 6 +2 24: CON
28: CON

Feats

1 : Precision
1 Fighter: Two Weapon Fighting
2 Fighter: Weapon Focus: Slashing
3 : Heavy Armor Training
4 Fighter: Weapon Specialization: Slashing
6 : Toughness
6 Fighter: Heavy Armor Combatant
8 Fighter: Improved Two Weapon Fighting
9 : Improved Critical: Slashing
10 Fighter: Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing
12 : Power Attack
12 Fighter: Greater Two Weapon Fighting
14 Fighter: Heavy Armor Champion
15 : Cleave
16 Fighter: Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing
18 : Great Cleave
18 Fighter: Superior Weapon Focus: Slashing
20 Fighter: Heavy Armor Master
21 Epic : Overwhelming Critical
24 Epic : Epic Toughness
26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
27 Epic : Blinding Speed
28 Destiny: Elusive Target

Enhancements (80 AP)

Dwarf (18 AP)

Dwarven Toughness

Iron Stomach III, Axe Training
Child of the Mountain I, Axe Training
Dwarven Runes III, Axe Training
Axe Training, Throw Your Weight Around

Kensei (41 AP)

Kensei Focus: Axes, Spiritual Bond, Strike with No Thought, Power Surge, One Cut, Alacrity

Extra Action Boost III, Weapon Group Specialization, Haste Boost III
Weapon Group Specialization, Ascetic Training: Conditioning III
Critical Accuracy III, Weapon Group Specialization, Strength
Critical Damage III, Weapon Group Specialization, Strength
A Good Death: Melee, Keen Edge

Stalwart Defender (13 AP)

Toughness, Stalwart Defense

Item Defense I, Durable Defense III
Resilient Defense III, Instinctive Defense I
Hardy Defense III

Harper Agent (8 AP)

Agent of Good I

Harper Enchantment, Strategic Combat
Know the Angles III

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought

Extra Action Boost III, Constitution
Momentum Swing III, Imp. Power Attack, Constitution
Critical Damage II
Anvil of Thunder
Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
Master's Blitz, Headman's Chop

Note: the builder doesn't yet contain the new fighter feats, so I've added them manually. They provide a combined total of +30 PRR & MRR, basically restoring what was lost by the latest armor nerf.

The advantage of TYWA is CON becomes your primary offense & defense stat rolled into one: i.e., dmg, HPs, and Fort saves. The downside is you have to spend 18 APs to get it, which really limits your other options; you don't benefit from +10 STR in Kensei (Power Surge + static enhs); and you give up on tactics feats since nothing is based on CON on this build. It would make more sense to go STR+INT-based; dump the dwarf tree; put more APs into SD (Swift + Tenacious Defense) and Harper (extra Versatile Adept); maybe pick up a couple of tactics feats like Stunning Blow.

Also I backloaded Power Atk/Cleave/GC pretty far, which I don't normally do; but given the stat pre-reqs on this build, I had to delay something and decided it would be them.

In short, by traditional minmaxing standards, this build is a Bad Idea; I took an already-low DPS class (EDIT: well, lower than the buffed classes, at any rate) and gave up too much DPS for not enough in return. But hey, by minmaxing standards, you shouldn't play a pure ftr in the first place; maybe you like the added challenge of this gimp, I'm not here to judge. ;)

BTW, instead of d.axes, consider farming a pair of HE Axe of Adaxus (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Axe_of_Adaxus_%28Level_14%29); same base dmg as d.axe but note the x4 crits. This will become 18-20/x4 w/Keen Edge + IC:Slash.