PDA

View Full Version : Returning player after ~1 year break. Need some advice and answer to some questions

Thozy
10-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Hi. I've been playing this game on and off over the last 4-5 years and I've decided to give it a shot once again(Last time I played was summer 2014). However I've never been very good at the mechanics of this game, and now there are even more new stuff since last time I played.

I play on Argonnessen in Europe time (GMT +1), my playtimes will be around 4-10PM and was wondering on how active Argonnessen is at this time.
When I played last summer it seemed to be very few groups up at daytime, but as I could play during the night it was no problem. But as I earlier said, my playtime is much more limited now. So I think it would be nice if I could TR into a solo-friendly build (which is easy enough for a somewhat noob, and still reiable). Or should I look into a server swap if there is another server with lots of more activity during my playtime (does anyone know which servers are active at what time or where I can check this?)?

I have primarily two toons I play on. One barb (lvl20 or so) and one Pally/Ranger/Monk (lvl26-27). The Pally/Ranger/monk is my main and I cannot remember quite what attributes I have nor the gear. Only thing I remember is that I used a +6 tome of supreme ability on it. When I returned last year I made a post on the Pally/ranger/monk here:https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/443957-Need-help-with-reviving-a-Pally-Ranger-Monk-build-from-2012?p=5359434#post5359434. I think I will get this one to lvl28 and get the required gear for my next TR.

So to sum up what I want to know
-Most important things that happened during my absence
-Server activity
-Good solo build for TR

Thanks

PS: I have not bought VIP yet (therefore I'm not sure on the lvls and attributes on my toons). But I will when I've gotten some advice and feel ready to play the game.

DrowsworD
10-03-2015, 02:22 PM
You can see server traffic here: http://ddoracle.com/Traffic.html (http://ddoracle.com/Traffic.html)

UurlockYgmeov
10-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Welcome back!

Help you catch up - check out the green link in my signature!

Have fun storming the er... castles!

Grace_ana
10-03-2015, 06:27 PM
There have been fairly big changes for both pally and ranger in the last year, so you should check those out extensively using the wiki. The holy sword spell in particular was a big change, and they just revised two of the three ranger trees, with the third tree revision coming next update.

They also revised the bard enhancement trees, so you should have better survivability and damage on that toon as well. Again, the best way to review those changes is probably the wiki. I'd go through everything here, but it seems redundant since it's already there :)

phalaeo
10-04-2015, 08:22 PM
So to sum up what I want to know
-Most important things that happened during my absence
-Server activity
-Good solo build for TR

Most important things:
Too many to list. You may want to check out the Release Notes.

Server Activity:
In general, Argo is dead. Even more dead at the time you play.

Good solo build for TR:
Lots of suggestions- you already have two melee characters, so I'm assuming you want melee? If so, there have been changes to both Paladins and Barbarians. I don't play Barbs, but I can tell you that Paladins can be solo-friendly.

EllisDee37
10-11-2015, 07:20 AM
Server Activity:
In general, Argo is dead. Even more dead at the time you play.I'm not sure I agree.

Right now on Argo, at 8:19am ET on a Sunday morning -- clearly not peak hours -- there are 18 LFMs up (2 of which are ghosts) and 235 people online. That's not setting the world on fire, for sure, but it's not dead.