PDA

View Full Version : Update 28 Patch 1 (The Night Revels) is now available on Lamannia!

Cordovan
09-30-2015, 05:02 PM
UPDATE 10/15/15: We are offering a special sneek peak of the new DDO Store on Lamannia, in addition to an updated version of The Night Revels, and a preview of many of the upcoming changes detailed in our Balance thread. Thank you!

We are now offering a sneak peek of our upcoming event The Night Revels on Lamannia! Please check it out and provide us with any and all feedback. Please also let us know if you encounter any bugs.

KNOWN ISSUES:

The experience is set too high for the dungeons, and will be reduced.
The final cost has not been set for all items.
Vampires are currently not undead.
Some exit waypoints are mis-labeled.
Dungeons will be available at a slightly higher level for capped players than is currently listed.
The Lich in the Snitch will have preventative measures to prevent gawkers on roofs.
The quest entrance UI does not currently list the quest-specific ingredients under Rewards.
Characters do not exit dungeons into the same level band of Delera's Graveyard that they entered the quest in.
Pumpkin and Skull Grenades and Potions of the Party P.o.o.per are not currently available in the item Barter UI.
Attempting to enter a quest without a kay displays an incorrect message that you need to own the challenge pack. The quests will not need to be purchased.
The Delighter's Docent is not Bound to Account, but should be.
Lasting Night Revels keys available in the Lamannia DDO Store say they will eventually disappear, but this is inaccurate.
Spooky Augments say they are +6 in some places, but should say +2.
The doorway to Haverdashed says "The Marketplace".

ALSO: Premium players who make a purchase in the DDO Store are reverted to Free players for the purposes of character slots. This is a Lamannia-only issue.

NOTE: Character Copy remains unavailable to Lamannia.

Click here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/279-The-Night-Revels) for our Lamannia feedback forum for The Night Revels.

KookieKobold
09-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Heya folks!

I'm going to be around from 8pm to 10pm Eastern (GMT-4) tonight (September 30th) for a bit of Night Revelry.

There may be a few other devfolk around as well.

See you all online!

lostgunman
09-30-2015, 05:10 PM
Only thing I want to know is:

Are we going to be able to use our old Mabar ingredients or are you going to at least provide us a way to convert them?

Please?

Erik_Loki
09-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Ok this is joke, right? There was a 24 people raid in the past and now "kobold new ringleader" ? Seriously? please don't tell me it's your best idea... We waited 2 years in the hope to see a new mabar, with a raid or something like that. :(

Livmo
09-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Only thing I want to know is:

Are we going to be able to use our old Mabar ingredients or are you going to at least provide us a way to convert them?

Please?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465924-Old-Mabar-stuff

The_Human_Cypher
09-30-2015, 06:30 PM
We are now offering a sneak peek of our upcoming event The Night Revels on Lamannia! Please check it out and provide us with any and all feedback. Please also let us know if you encounter any bugs.

KNOWN ISSUES:

The experience is set too high for the dungeons, and will be reduced.
The final cost has not been set for all items.
Vampires are currently not undead.
Some exit waypoints are mis-labeled.
Dungeons will be available at a slightly higher level for capped players than is currently listed.
The Lich in the Snitch will have preventative measures to prevent gawkers on roofs.
The quest entrance UI does not currently list the quest-specific ingredients under Rewards.
Characters do not exit dungeons into the same level band of Delera's Graveyard that they entered the quest in.
Pumpkin and Skull Grenades and Potions of the Party P.o.o.per are not currently available in the item Barter UI.
Attempting to enter a quest without a kay displays an incorrect message that you need to own the challenge pack. The quests will not need to be purchased.
The Delighter's Docent is not Bound to Account, but should be.
Lasting Night Revels keys available in the Lamannia DDO Store say they will eventually disappear, but this is inaccurate.
Spooky Augments say they are +6 in some places, but should say +2.
The doorway to Haverdashed says "The Marketplace".

ALSO: Premium players who make a purchase in the DDO Store are reverted to Free players for the purposes of character slots. This is a Lamannia-only issue.

NOTE: Character Copy remains unavailable to Lamannia.

Click here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/279-The-Night-Revels) for our Lamannia feedback forum for The Night Revels.

"Attempting to enter a quest without a kay displays an incorrect message that you need to own the challenge pack. The quests will not need to be purchased."

without a key (typo above)

maddong
09-30-2015, 07:23 PM
Is the change to crit rage happening in this patch?

Henky
09-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Run the 4 challenges at level 30, they were too easy on a first life ungeared gimp warlock. I only died on snitch and the lich because I got drained 20 levels.... xD

For live you can add a "champion level 35", where all enemies are champions.

And the loot.... I'm sorry but IMHO is too disappointing. Expiring loot, clickies 1 charge/rest, +2 stacking wisdom or int, or cosmetic items.

You have a good chance to introduce some nice augments: +2 spooky to all physical stats (str, dex, con) or +2 spooky to all mental stats (int, wis, cha), multiply the ingredients needed by 5 and we are set on a event that everyone will run. Both level 28 ofc.

Hell, even a Mortal Fear augment would be great. So people can run with new Named weapons and get mortal fear.

Qhualor
09-30-2015, 09:18 PM
I spent a few hours on Lama throwing together gear and getting the last few past lives on my character the quick way to become a Tempest ranger. only ran around Deleras once until I got a key to enter one of the challenges, New Ringleader. mobs were easy to kill and unresponsive until you actually attacked them. standing next to one while beating on the other was unable to target and pretended not to notice his buddy getting killed. that's not a complaint. as far as I could tell, I was the only one in the level 28 slayer area.

New Ringleader was the closest challenge when I got a key. for giggles, I jumped in the level 28 challenge. my gear set up wasn't exactly what I would wear for my ranger, but it was a mixture between Orchard, the new Amrath quests gear, shadow armor and weapons. no cloak slot. one weapon at tier 3 and the other at tier 2. not enough ingredients to make a tier 3. anyways, walked in with no ship buffs or components for like jump and FOM, but buffed with the few useful ranger spells. did forget to GH and blur myself though.

its basically the same layout as Ringleader in the Harbor, but with pumpkins and spooky kobolds. it took me like 10 minutes to complete, but i was also trying to figure out how to get through doors and check out the scenery. some of the rooms you can enter in the harbor you cannot here, but I can see through the cracks in the doorway pumpkins all over the room. getting 5 stars is quite easy and makes no sense not to. I got 90k xp for 5 stars, but I guess that will be reduced. honestly, if the level of the challenge isn't increased a lot, than 10k xp is more fitting at level 28. I soloed that challenge without any fear of dying or taking serious damage. the lich boss was dead in 5 seconds and that was because I actually expected a real fight. less mobs to deal with in this challenge compared to the Harbor quest, but very weak mobs.

I rate this challenge a /yawn

DANTEIL
09-30-2015, 09:21 PM
okay so...

I have a level 14 Warlock on Lammannia and right now I have entered the Level 12-17 version of the Graveyard.

Um, what is going on?

First of all, it is way way too dark. I know that it is supposed to be 'spooky,' but I would like for the Developers to please try this out on a Mac client where you cannot control the brightness or contrast at all. I cannot see anything.

Second of all, where are all of the enemies? The ones that do seem to be there I can barely see (see point #1) and furthermore I can't seem to target them at all. If I fire eldritch blasts in their general direction sometimes I get lucky enough to seem to kill them, but there is no way to hard target them. i can't even tell what I'm fighting.

Third, it seems weirdly empty? I am the only one out here at the moment, which may be part of the problem, but the number of enemies seems..... very low.

So basically I am very confused in the dark.

EDIT: well after running around the Graveyard in the dark for 45 minutes, I am very underwhelmed so far. Blasting wildly at whatever few undead did seem to spawn (not being able to target is a real problem) I managed to get about 20 chocolates and 1 key. I tried the Haberdashed quest, which said 15 minutes, and I was done in all of 2 minutes. And then it was back to running around in the dark some more. Not a good first impression. I'm hoping with more people around it will be better.

Qhualor
09-30-2015, 09:27 PM
Third, it seems weirdly empty? I am the only one out here at the moment, which may be part of the problem, but the number of enemies seems..... very low.

So basically I am very confused in the dark.

because there was only like a dozen or so players logged into Lama. before I logged off, I saw Coco at level 7 in the slayer area when looking at the Who list.

LevelJ
09-30-2015, 09:44 PM
Please remove the old Ethereal Key from the DDO store. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out why the key wasn't working on the portals lol.

Also, if that key ends up in the store on live, I imagine a lot of people will fall into the same trap...except they'll be using actual TP for that one :(

Edit: Also, I'm assuming it's just for testing purposes, but just in case, please don't put the Lasting Night Revels Key on live. That will remove any reason for people to be in the Graveyard :(

Edit 2: Oh, and apparently the Lasting Night Revels Key actually is one-use only, at least on my Character.

-Jayron

Holymunchkin
10-01-2015, 08:26 AM
Quests are very easy for a lvl 28 in cr30. Took 10min to do all 4. 6 star. Mobs need to hit harder and have 10x more hp. Game needs more challenge!

Grosbeak07
10-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Quests are very easy for a lvl 28 in cr30. Took 10min to do all 4. 6 star. Mobs need to hit harder and have 10x more hp. Game needs more challenge!

The question I have is, is a seasonal event an appropriate place to put "challenge"? Or should it be a fun social event, that is nothing more than a distraction from the normal game play? I tend to side on the latter, thus the ease of the quests is OK. Also with the ingredients expiring, it doesn't matter how fast or how much people collect things in this event, they won't be able to use it next year.

For this event Fun trumps challenge.

Faltout
10-01-2015, 11:04 AM
The question I have is, is a seasonal event an appropriate place to put "challenge"? Or should it be a fun social event, that is nothing more than a distraction from the normal game play? I tend to side on the latter, thus the ease of the quests is OK. Also with the ingredients expiring, it doesn't matter how fast or how much people collect things in this event, they won't be able to use it next year.

You are terribly wrong.
First of all, challenge = fun for far too many people to be ignored. Some may like just watching the graphics of it, but so would they enjoy watching a gif anywhere on the internet (with better graphics).

And then is the "social". A small amount of people likes just mindlessly killing undead in the graveyard. Don't expect a large part of the population to show up for no reason. Challenges can be soloed, keys can be bought. No social aspect there, contrary to the summoning chamber.

The ease of quests is not OK, because we can do easy quests any time we want. Also, increasing HP and damage is also not OK, because we can just go in Defiler of the Just and test our DPS. What would be ok was a party-based challenge giving every party member a task to perform. Perhaps collecting candy from monsters that went to treat or trick and avoid taking it from kids. No reason for battle either. Whole game is battle battle battle. Events need to be "different" to break the monotony and renew interest in the game and thus events are very important to a long-lasting game.
Somehow the devs keep missing that with Mimic Event and now with Night Revels.

Qhualor
10-01-2015, 12:32 PM

Let's put it this way, a level 10 could have steam rolled those level 28 challenges. I'm fine with a seasonal event not posing an extreme challenge, but they are ridiculously easy right now.

Grosbeak07
10-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Let's put it this way, a level 10 could have steam rolled those level 28 challenges. I'm fine with a seasonal event not posing an extreme challenge, but they are ridiculously easy right now.

Since I just spent 2 hours trying to get a stupid key to drop, I have no idea if you are being serious or not.

A big problem, the keys just are not dropping and they do not appear to be in the DDOstore [not matter how hard I have looked]

Qhualor
10-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Since I just spent 2 hours trying to get a stupid key to drop, I have no idea if you are being serious or not.

A big problem, the keys just are not dropping and they do not appear to be in the DDOstore [not matter how hard I have looked]

Yes I was serious. Sounds like bad luck getting a key. It took me one pass around the graveyard last night to get a key.

Cordovan
10-01-2015, 12:53 PM

They will be in the DDO Store on live but we have removed them (as of today) from the DDO Store on Lamannia to get a better sense of key drop rates. We don't want the drop rate to be so low as to make people feel like we are "forcing" them to buy one, since that is not our intention.

Grosbeak07
10-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Yes I was serious. Sounds like bad luck getting a key. It took me one pass around the graveyard last night to get a key.

Well moments after posting, i finally got a key and ran "The Litch and the Snitch" at Level 30.

I agree it was easy, but if its something I'm going to potentially run a lot in a short period of time, I'm still OK with it being on the easy side. Especially if we follow Steel'sj comments about wanting this event to have less of a time commitment. I liked the theme and the idea, just neither the Snitch nor the Litch posed any mortal danger to me at all.

All would be forgiven if that xp stayed the way it is!

SirShen
10-01-2015, 01:04 PM
They will be in the DDO Store on live but we have removed them (as of today) from the DDO Store on Lamannia to get a better sense of key drop rates. We don't want the drop rate to be so low as to make people feel like we are "forcing" them to buy one, since that is not our intention.

Well that what it feels like at the moment. That the only way to get a key is to buy one or spend hours trying to get one.

wmdearmond
10-01-2015, 01:49 PM
I managed to pick up 3 keys inside of 30 minutes no problem!

Cleanincubus
10-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Went and slayed for 4 keys. Took about 45 minutes or so, from around 2pm-2:45pm.

For the first key, I had to kill 36 enemies, got 12 Dark Chocolates.
For the second key, I had to kill 41 enemies, got 13 Dark Chocolates.
For the third key, I had to kill 20 enemies, got 6 Dark Chocolates.
for the forth key, I had to kill 50 enemies, got 14 Dark Chocolates.

I could have easily run one of the new challenges twice, in the time it took to get one key (other than my luck with the quick third key.) The time it took, and the amount of enemies it took to kill, isn't unreasonably, in a general sense. But for the amount of time/kills to run a challenge that is so quickly completed, key farming is way too much of a time sink for me. If there was more of a social aspect to this event, it wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue. But there's really no reason to run with others. In fact, when the Keys are spread between party members, it's much quicker to just slay alone. However, specifically farming for Dark Chocolates would be the opposite; likely better to farm in a group. I don't see many people farming for Chocolates like that though, when Challenges provide far more/better bang for the buck.

DANTEIL
10-01-2015, 02:17 PM
So is no one else having the problem that I was having, which is that it was near impossible to see and/or target the undead enemies in the Graveyard? Is this just a Warlock thing?

patang01
10-01-2015, 02:28 PM
I like it

There is some need to tweak difficulty in the quests and the instance. As a 28 Warlock I trounced the level 30 stuff without really having many issues.

However I love the fact that the quests are based on familiar quests we don't really run anymore, with some changes that adds flavor. I like that they're medium to short - as longer challenge type quests can be a mixed brew. I suggest a few more waves on the higher end for the 2 shorter quests using a wave mechanic. It should be somewhat of a challenge - the quests are short as they are so adding a wave every 5 level would ramp up the challenge somewhat. Right now I think both of them have 3 before the end boss arrives.

The others need a little more creature density as in larger spawns on the higher end. They really feel like playing Epic Normal even when under leveling (such as 28 doing 30).

Finally - the loot.

I'm not sure about it. I get the temporary points here and there and it seems like it favor lower end, swap in temp boosts. And only 2 different augments for the spooky ability bonus. I hope you intend of covering all abilities. There certainly should be a few more offerings as I rather see interesting augments than gear (there are plenty of gear in the game).

Anyways - I like the format. I like the quests and there's just a matter of balancing and tweaks. I prefer it over the raid type instances - altho I love crystal cove, the idea to wait for the cove to open is jarring. Here it's a matter of finding a key (and there should be an expensive way of making one since we are no doubt going to have LOTS of mats at the end of the end).

patang01
10-01-2015, 02:30 PM
So is no one else having the problem that I was having, which is that it was near impossible to see and/or target the undead enemies in the Graveyard? Is this just a Warlock thing?

The targeting with Warlock gets wonky. It's easier to aim with say a ranged toon or just go up and smack. The Warlock way is almost a hybrid ranged aim so often times you end up 'firing' into the heavens. It will most likely leading to Warlocks trying to kill something and in a crowded instance someone else will instead (like energy bursters and divines).

UurlockYgmeov
10-01-2015, 03:01 PM
all this talk of dark chocolate is making me hungry! MUMMY! where's the BOOberry Lichcakes!

Severlin
10-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Went and slayed for 4 keys. Took about 45 minutes or so, from around 2pm-2:45pm.

For the first key, I had to kill 36 enemies, got 12 Dark Chocolates.
For the second key, I had to kill 41 enemies, got 13 Dark Chocolates.
For the third key, I had to kill 20 enemies, got 6 Dark Chocolates.
for the forth key, I had to kill 50 enemies, got 14 Dark Chocolates.

I could have easily run one of the new challenges twice, in the time it took to get one key (other than my luck with the quick third key.) The time it took, and the amount of enemies it took to kill, isn't unreasonably, in a general sense. But for the amount of time/kills to run a challenge that is so quickly completed, key farming is way too much of a time sink for me. If there was more of a social aspect to this event, it wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue. But there's really no reason to run with others. In fact, when the Keys are spread between party members, it's much quicker to just slay alone. However, specifically farming for Dark Chocolates would be the opposite; likely better to farm in a group. I don't see many people farming for Chocolates like that though, when Challenges provide far more/better bang for the buck.

Keep in mind that the key rate spikes dramatically if you hunt creatures in a big group. Creatures spawn much more quickly when a group is in the area, and you kill them as a group more quickly. Our group runs had much higher keys per minute than anything solo.

Sev~

Severlin
10-01-2015, 05:09 PM

Undead rising from the group are untargetable until they fully form. Is that what you are seeing?

Sev~

Holymunchkin
10-01-2015, 05:16 PM
will you guys be making the challenges any more difficult?

DANTEIL
10-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Undead rising from the group are untargetable until they fully form. Is that what you are seeing?

Sev~

That could have been what was going on in some instances, but in general, I think the answer is no that can't be it. In many cases, I was standing right next to a wight or a shadow, who was just standing there ignoring me (i.e., I hadn't aggroed them because I couldn't hit them to get their attention) trying to blast them with no reaction. I guess I am comparing my experiences to Crystal Cove, where I can run around and as enemies appear, tab-target them to bring them into my focus orb -- which also makes (given my UI settings) their red health bar appear for me, which is how I know they are targeted -- and then blast away.

In the graveyard last night, this wasn't happening. I was running around in the darkness. I would hear the sound that means that an undead has emerged somewhere nearby. I would circle around until I could make out the hazy form of that undead in the dark. (shadows/wraiths were especially impossible). Usually when I spotted them they were fully formed and just standing there chilling waiting to be attacked. Then, since I was on my Warlock, I would try to use my Eldritch Blast to attack them, and even though it looked like my Blasts were going in their direction, I couldn't hard-target them first, and so the blasts didn't hit them and thus they didn't aggro and didn't take any damage. Yes, I did eventually kill some (enough to get a key and about 20 chocolates in 45 minutes) but it seemed to be totally random when my blasts hit or when I actually did get the red health bar to appear.

Let's put it this way: My experience was completely different from what I experience in Crystal Cove. If it is supposed to work in a different manner than Crystal Cove, then that might be good to know. Otherwise, something felt very wrong. And can you tell that I found the extreme darkness annoying?

The thing that I didn't test, I realize now, is turning off my blast and trying to see if I could run up to them and whack them with a sword instead. I'll try that tonight.

Franghasea
10-01-2015, 06:07 PM

Sev~

As a sorc I am unable to target the spawns in the Graveyard using Q/E. I am forced to cast acid blast in their general area without targeting, and the spawn "activates" allowing me to target it after damage has been taken. This is similar to how it works in Crystal Cove.

Henky
10-01-2015, 06:22 PM
The targeting with Warlock gets wonky. It's easier to aim with say a ranged toon or just go up and smack. The Warlock way is almost a hybrid ranged aim so often times you end up 'firing' into the heavens. It will most likely leading to Warlocks trying to kill something and in a crowded instance someone else will instead (like energy bursters and divines).
If you want to farm this with a warlock you are better in Enlightened spirit with aura + spirit burst + spirit blast. Energy bursters will cry while you erase the mobs from the graveyard. Also remember you can also twist EB and have Divine Wrath. Warlocks were made for this type of events.

FestusHood
10-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Haven't tested this yet, but my prior experience with both Mabar and Smuggler's rest is that enemies could not be targetted until they had been damaged and activated. On casters i would generally hit them with a weapon or cast an aoe type spell to activate them. I guess blasting Warlock's don't have that option.

Draculetta
10-01-2015, 07:11 PM

I'll have to roll up a Warlock to test, but my Rogue was having no problems at all

Cleanincubus
10-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Haven't tested this yet, but my prior experience with both Mabar and Smuggler's rest is that enemies could not be targetted until they had been damaged and activated. On casters i would generally hit them with a weapon or cast an aoe type spell to activate them. I guess blasting Warlock's don't have that option.

^ This is correct. It's the same way Mabar was done for years, though different from the first couple of times Mabar was around. Enemies can't be targeted until you physically hurt them, or hurt an enemy directly next to them (works most of the time, but not always.)

kalma360
10-01-2015, 08:32 PM
is the AA revamp coming out with patch 1 or is that still later on down the road?

Nonesuch2008
10-01-2015, 09:19 PM

Hey Danteil,

Have you tried enabling "View overhead monster hit point bars" in your UI settings? This has a couple of benefits for me. I can literally spot shades hiding in the shade, so for locating mobs before they time out & disappear, this is a great feature. Likewise, it also helps to spot pirates in the foggy miasma of Smuggler's Rest.

The other benefit is that it let's me know exactly when the mobs are active after they spawn. There is a brief moment of time as they spawn from the ground without the bar, but as soon as it displays, they are ready to be hit.

Good hunting to you!

DANTEIL
10-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Have you tried enabling "View overhead monster hit point bars" in your UI settings?

Thanks! yes, I did try this and it definitely made a huge difference in my ability to see spawns. Everything is just so dark for me that I can be almost on top of an enemy and not see it. The irony is that I actually died in the graveyard tonight (a level 25 was nearby and spawned higher level things that killed me) and it was easier to see where I was going when I was dead.

Anyway, after some experimentation I have determined that my issues with targeting are, yes, due to however Eldritch Blast works, in conjunction with the fact that you cannot target non-aggroed creatures in the graveyard (plus the fact that I can't see where they were clearly enough to be sure that I was aiming at them). I had better luck with the Eldritch Cone, which is more forgiving of all of that, and I could of course also turn off the Blast and thwack them with my staff. I have to say that I think using the Blast here puts the Warlock at a real disadvantage, because you miss a lot of the time if they aren't targeted.

Anyway, in an hour and a half I got 4 keys and so I could try out each of the new instances. I ran each of them at Level 14 (my Warlock's level) with a cleric hireling (that I probably didn't need, but whatever). My feedback is much the same as the others -- it seemed way too easy to 5-star these challenges, and I'm a bit confused why a Challenge that says 35 minutes only takes 7 minutes. The most involved one is the Kobold's New Ringleader one, and that is only because you have to cover more ground. It was very anticlimactic after all that time to get a key.

So really, as far as the entire event goes, the real hurdle seems to be persisting through the murk of the graveyard and the low spawn rates long enough to finally get a key, which can take 10-40 minutes, followed by a quickie 2-5 minute run of one of these mini-challenges. The balance between those two activities seems way off.

Aletys
10-02-2015, 01:20 AM
~snip~ Also with the ingredients expiring, it doesn't matter how fast or how much people collect things in this event, they won't be able to use it next year.

~snip~

Is this correct? The new event ingredients will not carry over to next year, unlike Crystal Cove where they do? If this is accurate, it is very disappointing.

One of the great things about Crystal Cove, is that regardless of how much time you spend out there, if you don't get enough ingredients to make/finish a particular item, you can save the ingredients & continue the next time the event comes up. When CC came up at the beginning of the summer this year, I was about to go on vacation, didn't have a lot of free time to spend out there, and it was over when we got back. But, I was able to save the ingredients I did gather, and then finish making the items I wanted at the recent CC weekend. It would have been much more difficult to do that if the ingredients had expired.

Crystal Cove and the House C & Eveningstar challenges all allow you to save ingredients, and I do not understand why this one should be different. Having the new ingredients expire is a very bad idea and will greatly reduce my interest in participating in this event. I suspect a lot of other players will feel the same way.

UurlockYgmeov
10-02-2015, 02:45 AM
Is this correct? The new event ingredients will not carry over to next year, unlike Crystal Cove where they do? If this is accurate, it is very disappointing.

as far as I have heard, only the 'dark chocolate' (not purchased from the store) and the candy you trade for will expire before the next Night Revels.

I do not believe the new ingredients will expire, but could someone kindly speak up and or post images of the new ingredients?

SirShen
10-02-2015, 05:44 AM
as far as I have heard, only the 'dark chocolate' (not purchased from the store) and the candy you trade for will expire before the next Night Revels.

I do not believe the new ingredients will expire, but could someone kindly speak up and or post images of the new ingredients?

ALL Night Revel ingredients will expire at the end of 2015 its state it on - pieces of darkest chocolate, pinches of sinister cinnamon, black apples, spooky almonds and shadowy caramels.

So like others have said if this comes back next year, you will have to start all over again with ingredients.

UurlockYgmeov
10-02-2015, 05:47 AM
ALL Night Revel ingredients will expire at the end of 2015 its state it on - pieces of darkest chocolate, pinches of sinister cinnamon, black apples, spooky almonds and shadowy caramels.

So like others have said if this comes back next year, you will have to start all over again with ingredients.

hmmm.... as a Chef I understand food spoilage - but cannot say I agree with this.

Jappy
10-02-2015, 07:07 AM
Hey cordovan will lamannia be up through out the weekend this is about the only time I get to play lamannia when it's up

Nonesuch2008
10-02-2015, 06:49 PM
I spent roughly an hour prowling around the 16-20 instance, alone for the majority of the time. The spawn rate was adequate to good, with a few dry spells interspersed in where I felt the need to cover a lot of ground to trigger more spawns.

I pulled a key within my first 5 minutes, then didn't see another key until the very end of my run. Mobs seemed to reward chocolates about every fifth kill, approximately. Overall, the area still preserves a good Mabar feel, I was pleased with that aspect. I want to run it again with a higher player population present before I pass judgment on the drop rates.

I burned my first key on Haverdashed, which I enjoyed but wish it could have been made a bit longer. Perhaps by adding a few more waves, with some variety in there for mob types in the additional waves? Getting back out, players could be faced with a puzzle to unlock the door before meeting the boss. I think I will scale the difficulty a bit higher the next run, as the initial one felt very easy to complete.

The second key went to Under New Ravagement. While I'm not crazy about protection quests, running this one without fearing for anything other than getting myself through the waves left me wanting something more. It could use a bit more danger or risk factor, I think. Like a vortex that opens spewing ethereal mephitis, followed by a friendly Doomsphere. That sort of thing. ;)

The loot will not be a driving factor for me to run this at all. I may target a few niche items to procure, but right now there is no gotta-have-it, this will complement my build or play style SO much item on the list. I am all for adding some tiered loot like the Mabar gear to supplement what is present now. This is the sort of thing that will draw players back year after year.

WNxDaCraw
10-08-2015, 01:15 PM

Remember there are a lot of different skill and power ranges. New players, Roll-players, and Perma-death players need to be able to play as well as "munchkins". Please do not just pile on the Hit points and triple the number of monsters. It should be enough to get the AI working and add a few more monsters. Its a holiday not a new mission pack. A lot of people will only have a couple nights worth of playing to learn and farm an item or two.

Thanks for bringing us a Halloween event back.

Oxarhamar
10-09-2015, 03:53 AM
Keep in mind that the key rate spikes dramatically if you hunt creatures in a big group. Creatures spawn much more quickly when a group is in the area, and you kill them as a group more quickly. Our group runs had much higher keys per minute than anything solo.

Sev~

did the group get just get higher keys/min than solo key/min

or

was the key/min high enough to beat key/min solo after divided by group size?

This is important because, if the Key/min of a group is better but, its not producing more key/min/player than soloing, players are just going to solo to keep all the keys they do find.

Cordovan
10-09-2015, 10:32 AM
We are continuing to listen to your feedback regarding key drop rates. In both Lamannia and our internal testing, there were people who got more than they needed, while others ended up spending more time than they wanted before getting their keys. This happens sometimes with a random drop rate tied to a percentage. One way we intend to mitigate this is to offer a few free keys to players when the event opens. That said, we will also be doing another preview of The Night Revels on Lamannia, perhaps as soon as next week, and are very interested in getting your feedback after you run the event on Lamannia again.

Being in a group tends to increase the key drop rate due to the increased number of monsters that spawn, but the percentage remains the same. It may also be the case that groups have the ability to kill more monsters more quickly than if they were going into the graveyard solo, but that depends on the person of course.

Jappy
10-09-2015, 04:20 PM
We are continuing to listen to your feedback regarding key drop rates. In both Lamannia and our internal testing, there were people who got more than they needed, while others ended up spending more time than they wanted before getting their keys. This happens sometimes with a random drop rate tied to a percentage. One way we intend to mitigate this is to offer a few free keys to players when the event opens. That said, we will also be doing another preview of The Night Revels on Lamannia, perhaps as soon as next week, and are very interested in getting your feedback after you run the event on Lamannia again.

Being in a group tends to increase the key drop rate due to the increased number of monsters that spawn, but the percentage remains the same. It may also be the case that groups have the ability to kill more monsters more quickly than if they were going into the graveyard solo, but that depends on the person of course.

Wait so when will lamannia be open

Lemdog
10-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Wait so when will lamannia be open

Early next week (Monday/Tuesday)

Propane
10-09-2015, 06:55 PM

A few thoughts...

mail everyone a key when the event starts

have a NPC hand 1 out per day or per event

set a "favor" reward, after X kills you get one

Marupal
10-09-2015, 07:19 PM

Back when Lamannia first previewed the original Mabar, one of the complaints was that melee was left in the dirt by arcanes and divines and their AOE instakill abilities. After that previewing, Mabar was adjusted to yield lesser chances for rewards for AOE's.

Is it possible that some of the disparity in key drops might be coming from this? Are ranged weapon characters affected by a similar decrease rate?

Jappy
10-09-2015, 11:13 PM
Early next week (Monday/Tuesday)

I hope Monday cause I get a day off

painkiller3
10-10-2015, 07:19 AM
do the challenges give xp (like crystal cove) or only materials (like mabar)?

DANTEIL
10-10-2015, 07:54 AM
do the challenges give xp (like crystal cove) or only materials (like mabar)?

both. on the first build of Lamannia, they had the XP set too high (this was a known issue) but you got both XP and one specific kind of barter thingy.

AbyssalMage
10-11-2015, 12:48 AM
So is 28.1 totally devoid of any Ranger updates? I know the excitement is all about The Night Revels but what about other things? I am just hoping they are not distracting the community with this seasonal event while making "noticeable" changes to other parts of the game that we must live with for 365+ days.

Jappy
10-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Hope lamannia comes up tomorrow

Oxarhamar
10-11-2015, 10:56 PM
Can we make sure to include the graveyard monsters in the monster manual this year as its been an issue in the past?

Improbius
10-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Any word on when Lamannia will be back up? Been sick the last couple days and was hoping to get on a check out things, but apparently that isn't happening...

Cordovan
10-15-2015, 03:48 PM
We are now offering a new preview of Update 28 Patch 1, along with a special preview of the new DDO Store! Please use Lord Poincelot to get free points (he's located in the Test Dojo), and give our new DDO Store a workout!

Cordovan
10-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Great news! It looks like Character Copy is working again. Reminder that if your character isn't available to pick, log into the live game on that character, then log out. Also, a reminder that you can't have more than one copy of the same item, so if character A has an item, and is sent to Lamannia, don't send the item to character B and try to transfer that person, or it won't work.

Drwaz99
10-15-2015, 05:08 PM
3 tries to copy, 3 fails. :/

No testing for me.

Gratch
10-15-2015, 05:13 PM

No testing for me.

Mine also failed and noted that the names were already in use on Lamannia. No wipe?

Or maybe I need to copy characters I haven't copied before.

Full_Bleed
10-15-2015, 05:18 PM
We are continuing to listen to your feedback regarding key drop rates. In both Lamannia and our internal testing, there were people who got more than they needed, while others ended up spending more time than they wanted before getting their keys. This happens sometimes with a random drop rate tied to a percentage. One way we intend to mitigate this is to offer a few free keys to players when the event opens.
Why not just make keys trade/sellable? This would cater to a whole lot of different play styles and encourage even more player interaction.

Henky
10-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Did a haverdashed at level 35:

(Standard): You gain 8 Pieces of Darkest Chocolate from Lady Wrasse.
(Standard): You have been awarded 23 Black Apples.

Really? Not even 1 ingredient per level?

Seikojin
10-16-2015, 06:02 PM
Mine also failed and noted that the names were already in use on Lamannia. No wipe?

Or maybe I need to copy characters I haven't copied before.

This. No wipe was done, can only copy new characters. you can log onto lam, delete the old version, and copy.

thomascoolone64
10-17-2015, 12:21 AM

No testing for me.

Well I dont know what your problem is, Are you trying to copy an item you already copied to lamannia before?