PDA

View Full Version : Khyber world restart: 10:30pm Eastern Sunday September 27

Cordovan
09-27-2015, 09:32 PM
We are restarting Khyber to address a character log in issue. We will keep you updated.

Rilok
09-27-2015, 09:35 PM
It would have been nice to have more than 30 second warning maybe a couple minutes or something.

blerkington
09-27-2015, 09:38 PM
It would have been nice to have more than 30 second warning maybe a couple minutes or something.

Hi,

Exactly this. There's no point in asking us to log out with so little warning we can't do it in time.

Thanks.

Rilok
09-27-2015, 09:40 PM
I understand that this issue needs to be addressed but 30 seconds? cant even recall from a dungeon or get out of a fight that fast.......

firstprotector
09-27-2015, 10:01 PM
We are restarting Khyber to address a character log in issue. We will keep you updated.

said restart was 10:30pm, that was 30 minutes ago. any ide if it will be back up tonight

Cordovan
09-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Khyber has reopened. We apologize for the character log in issues seen today. Just a reminder that it'll take up to an hour for guild airship amenities to re-populate.

DaggomaticDwarf
09-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Khyber has reopened. We apologize for the character log in issues seen today. Just a reminder that it'll take up to an hour for guild airship amenities to re-populate.

thx for that and sorry you have to be up way past ur bebdie bye time :)

Can I get a free Ottos box for all my twoubles? Wink Wink . :)

Annex
09-27-2015, 10:20 PM
I had two characters in Devil Assault with the 5th wave just starting when the 30 second warning popped. On my thief, I immediately dropped into stealth, popped an Invisibility potion, ducked behind a column, and hit the Exit button. I switched to my wizard, turned around, and clicked the door. Both appeared in the marketplace moments before the 9 second warning popped and the game froze. In the future, a 5 minute, in-game warning would be much appreciated. :)

Since the game was down I put on some sandals, walked down to a nearby park, and watched the Lunar Eclipse. It was quite lovely.

Angharad
09-27-2015, 11:12 PM

Thanks, Cordovan. As usual, you handle our (admittedly profuse) whinging with calmness, grace, dignity and aplomb. Please convey our thanks to those who don't necessarily read the forums - and thank you for putting up with us. :)

UurlockYgmeov
09-27-2015, 11:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LOrz7I3.jpg

Aletys
09-28-2015, 01:00 AM
Announcing it on the forums without announcing it in-game does not help those of us who are actually playing. Couldn't we have had some warning? A minimum of 1 hour should be the standard.

We were near the end of a raid, and lost all the time and effort we had spent on it, not to mention the actual cost for xp pots that we had running that we lost time on.

AtomicMew
09-28-2015, 01:52 AM
Announcing it on the forums without announcing it in-game does not help those of us who are actually playing. Couldn't we have had some warning? A minimum of 1 hour should be the standard.

We were near the end of a raid, and lost all the time and effort we had spent on it, not to mention the actual cost for xp pots that we had running that we lost time on.

I suggest calling customer support to see if they can do anything about the lost time and EXP pots.

Cordovan
09-28-2015, 01:18 PM

We do apologize for that. We made the decision to restart the worlds immediately based on the nature of the error, and our concern after investigating that if we didn't do something quickly it could cause us even more trouble. Normally, we do try to make sure to give you adequate time to finish up what you are doing (we usually make a decision on a restart and announce it for at least a half hour later, unless it can't wait that long.)